You are not connected. Please login or register

Traits and Magoi Manipulation

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Traits and Magoi Manipulation Empty Traits and Magoi Manipulation 04/09/16, 01:05 pm

Farid Issah

Farid Issah
β-Tier
β-Tier

For any trait, in particular, must you get them in order?
I want A-tier stamina boost, do I have to get D-C-B-A?
Do the stamina boosts stack?

Magoi Manipulation. Can you coat anything in magoi, lets say the earth at your feet?

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Traits and Magoi Manipulation DWxhOIG

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Traits with multiple tiers are considered a single trait. If you spent one trait point to get the D-tier version, it will only cost one point to upgrade it into the C-tier version instead of the two points a stand alone C-tier trait would cost. So you do not have to get the lower tier versions first, but if you do, you won't be "wasting" trait points or anything like that.

The different tier bonuses of traits do not stack.

You can coat just about anything your are in physical contact with. But if you want to spread it across the ground, I'm going to say its uses are somewhat limited. For example, you won't be allowed to automatically deal internal damage to anyone who steps on the ground unless the area of effect is extremely small and you are maintaining contact with said AOE. If you want to cover a large area to sense opponents who step on the magoi, that's fine. But no making magoi lances shoot up into people's feet or anything like that.

Thank you all, for everything.

Caelus Valeria

Caelus Valeria
A-Tier
A-Tier

Since this is a thread regarding Traits, i'll just add on my questions here.

I had a few ideas for new traits that work with how you spend Magoi/Stamina.

First would be traits that would allow you to take half the cost of an ability that uses Stamina, and have it be paid with Magoi, and vice versa.

A different idea for this would be to make it specific to Djinn users, and only allow them to cast their Djinn based spells like that, spending half cost as Stamina instead of Magoi.

Finally, should both previous ideas be Veto'd what about a trait that would allow you to create abilities that use combination costs, instead of doing it on the fly?

Traits and Magoi Manipulation TEMcyWS

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

No cost reduction traits will be allowed in any form at this time. The current magoi/stamina values have yet to see real testing to be honest. It's already a huge boost compared to the old system. I'd prefer to observe how the current values hold up in practice before allowing anything else that tweaks them.

You're gonna have to explain the creating combined cost abilities thing.

Caelus Valeria

Caelus Valeria
A-Tier
A-Tier

It's what the previous two were, but the ability is made with the split cost in mind.

Say a Djinn user wants to use a spear attack, that also uses the lightning element from their Djinn. So they create an A tier ability that costs 30 Magoi (since the attack is mostly magic based) and 20 Stamina (because it involves a strong thrust with the spear). You can't exchange the cost either way, so you always have to pay 30 Magoi and 20 Stamina.

Traits and Magoi Manipulation TEMcyWS

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Abilities that involve physical actions and magoi will only cost magoi under the current system. No need to split costs.

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum