You are not connected. Please login or register

At the port. [Jumanah Necowl/Social]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Farid Issah

Farid Issah
β-Tier
β-Tier

Gentle breezes were rolling in from the sea, one would be able to see the clouds in the sky sweeping by. Not short bursts of gust-like activity, but a steady stream of refreshing air. A day like this was only good for one thing; visiting the port. Farid was further inland down a tributary, as small bridges and other structures were available to cross the body of water, but still collapsible to allow the passage of ship.

The ports was busy as a hive. Everyone was out looking for their next deal and trying to make the most profit. Some merchants trading amongst themselves. Other were pandering to the passerbys, but the streets were littered with people from all walks of life. Farid had eyed a particular stall that was selling magic items, it had seemed as if they had wares all the way from the last dungeon that had been exposed, all that was left was a magic carpet and an obnoxiously large hammer.

He couldn't take out his money fast enough. Farid was quick to discern the value of these item and attempted to make the purchase right there on the spot.

Jumanah Necowl

Jumanah Necowl
β-Tier
β-Tier

Time was passing by far too fast, and as it did the more Jumanah was getting antsy. She should have been out of this place a long time ago... Though due to her staying she had got to meet many other people including a woman named Lilitha that she seemed to run into a lot. She decided that she was going to stock up on stuff now so she didn't have to later on when she would actually leave.

She decided that on perishable things would be best to stock up on now so the other stuff wouldn't go bad by the time she actually left. She passed y a very all looking man enjoying the breeze as she went over to some stalls to look around, she kind missed feeling the breeze on her face but to enjoy it now would just mean that he would have to take off her mask and possibly see her own face which to her was something she wanted to totally avoid if possible.

After wondering around a bit she found a magic item stall where the man from before was eyeing some things. She then walked over and stood by him as she eyed some stuff curiously for a few moments before speaking up. "Excuse me sir... what all here would you think would be good for a long trip?" She asked in a respectful tone looking up to the man who had been enjoying the breeze earlier.

Farid Issah

Farid Issah
β-Tier
β-Tier

Farid was simply too excited with his own good s that he couldn't help but show off a little. Perhaps this woman approached him because of his goods, and perhaps had a keen eye for magic items. However, Farid was a bit in shock as he looked at her face only to see the mask. "You've got a beautiful face." He chuckled at his sarcastic quip, and then unrolled the magic carpet mid-air as it began to levitate. Farid climbed on with a single step and kneeled and offered a hand to the girl offering her a ride. "But yeah, I can help you, I am going to be making a trip back home too, so this is actually useful for me too. You are pretty lucky you met me, you know that?" Farid was a merchant, so he was looking forward to checking the prices also he could use the girl as a bartering tool by getting some sympathy.

Farid eyes however were hardly focused on her mask now. His eyes looked deeper than the surface, as if he was looking right at her eyes and her face. "Where are you heading anyways? If you are coming to Balbaad, if you do need something I will have accommodations."

Jumanah Necowl

Jumanah Necowl
β-Tier
β-Tier

Jumanah blinked under her mask when he made a sarcastic quip about her face. "You've seen my f-" she touched her mask before catching on that he was just saying that due to her wearing a mask and lowered her hand looking off a bit. She then blinked again as she saw the carpet and let out a quiet yet surprised "Whoah...." She then looked up as he offered her a hand which she took to help herself up to it.

He then declared that she was lucky to have met him thus making her stare blankly at him through her mask. She pushed off the state meant and spoke up. "So could this take you to another continent?" She asked curiously as she looked it over a bit before looking back to him. He looked at her differently then... like he was looking past her mask making her feel a bit off since no one else had looked at her like that before but focused on his words.

"I'm going to Balbadd, there's some land there on he path up to magnostadt where I used to live.... I want to go up there and say goodbye to my family and tribe mates, and see what the tribe is like now..." She said simply but almost sadly. "A ride there would be nice, I have money if you would like payment for helping me get up there." She said pulling out a very fat sack of coins to show him.

Farid Issah

Farid Issah
β-Tier
β-Tier

"If this ain't some sort of magic-infused fake, yeah. This should be able to carry four or so at a much faster pace than any ship or caravan. I've been planning between cruising there on a ship, but I might just use this thing." Farid stroked the carpet, as he paused as the carpet began levitating further off the ground, as it connected with Farid. "Hahah. Trust me, I don't need money as you can tell."

Farid turned away from Jumanah, and he rolled onto a knee and stood up as he began to travel over the city of Reim, leading over towards the Colosseum. The carpet was travelling at a fair pace. "My name is Farid, by the way." Eventually, the magic carpet would park way above the structure. "What I need are people who are willing to work for me. If you work for me, your future will be like this."

Farid slid over and sat on the edge of flying rug, looking down to see the crowds of people, then slowly up to the clouds, which were just within reach. Finally his eyes looking towards the horizon, imagining his return to his own homeland. "Well, if you want to work for me or not, you're welcome to come along."

Jumanah Necowl

Jumanah Necowl
β-Tier
β-Tier

She nodded as he explained the carpet a bit "Oh i see." she then looked in aw as it started to fly up higher though she looked to him as he said he didnt need the money. "Then... how will I pay you?" She asked putting the pouch away. "You know.. if you take me that is." She added in before bracing herself as it started to fly and looked back over the edge in aw.

Though she was careful not to let herself fall from leaning too far over. "I'm Jumanah" She replied to his introduction with one of her own. She looked back up to him when he slowed the carpet to a stop and talking about how he needed workers. "What kind of work would you have me do...?" She asked seeming to ready herself for him to ask for anything even the more shady kind of work. "Based on that... then I'll decide if I'll go with you or not."

Farid Issah

Farid Issah
β-Tier
β-Tier

Farid leaned back, looking at Jumanah. "I wouldn't pimp you out, if that's what you're afraid of. Most johns like to see their supplier's face." He could hardly bare the elephant in the room, slowly approaching it.

"You see, I'm a merchant by trade. So we'll be doing a lot of negotiating and favors within Balbaad. Worst comes to worst, you'll have to defend yourself, but between myself and Lilithia, you should have nothing to worry about. I'm extremely powerful, and Lilithia is almost as strong as I am but more experienced. We also have a gladiator, whom I shall be training. For now, I'm simply looking to establish a monopoly on exportation within Balbaad. The step before that is to establish a formal charter, and there are steps after that."

Farid reached for her neck, "Once we have that charter, I'm willing to do anything to get what I want." His fingers lifting up her chin as his thumb would slowly attempt to push off the mask off her face, full of curiosity. "Is that alright by you?"

Jumanah Necowl

Jumanah Necowl
β-Tier
β-Tier

She blinked and tilted her head to one said. "Pimp me out...?" She said as if the term to her was foreign. She nodded as he explained though her head perked up hearing Lilthia's name, so she was going to be traveling with this guy too? She though spoke up ad shook her head "No need to worry about me, I know how to fight too!" She said confidently like a child who just said, I so can take that man 5 times my size.

She though under her mask was pretty confused by the term monopoly as well. This guy knew a lot of terms that she never learned a a kid... or well at all yet. He said before he could do that he needed to establish a formal charter and have other steps first.... man was she lost but he tried to play it off like she wasn't jut yet. She looked to his hand as he reached for her neck and tensed as she got ready for a fight just in case but didn't stop him.

"I see..." She said as he told her that he'd do anything to get what he wanted. She noticed him trying to push off her mask with his thumb so she grabbed her mask on its mouth part and held it in place. "That would be fine with me as long as i can see my tribe...." She said simply. "And if you want to see my face please ask instead of trying to take off my mask suddenly.

My mask isn't to hide my face from others so I do not mind if you see it but i do mind if you try and take it off without asking..." She said calmly before making sure there were no reflective surfaces around and if there were she would avoid looking at them as she took off her mask for him and rested it on her lap before looking up to him so he could see her face better.

Farid Issah

Farid Issah
β-Tier
β-Tier

Farid blinked for a moment, the tone of her voice signaling a certain lack of clarity. "HAHAHA. You're one innocent kid. I like that. Two actually good people, I wouldn't have dreamed it in my wildest imaginations so have such innocence around me." The revelation had left him with a tear in his eye. "Yeah, Jumberry, we'll go to your tribe."

He paused as he gazed at this girls face. He would not question her decision but it was certainly a matter of interest. "I'll have you meet the rest of the team. Do you have time before we travel?" His own ruby-like eyes gazing into her for a bit, as he etched her face into his memory. His hands assisted her in placing the mask upon her face one more.

[EXIT]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum