Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

Old Professions:

Primary Profession
Related Class: Magician
Profession Title: Doctor/Undertaker
Description: Using magic and non-magic techniques, Adrastos is able to provide medical treatment to any wounded and conduct autopsies on the deceased.
Profession Perks:

• Anatomy Knowledge

• + His dealings with both the living and the deceased have allowed Adrastos to know the anatomy of humanoid beings, thus also knowing the location of vital organs or pressure points on others and himself.

• Diagnosis

• + Adrastos is able to determine the severeness of a wound, meaning that he is able to determine whether the damage that has been inflicted upon him, allies, or enemies is lethal and how much more damage it will take before life is put in jeopardy.

• Mender

• + Adrastos is able to mend or heal wounds, both with and without magic, due to knowledge of the anatomy and proper medical procedures. Adrastos stabilizes the individual when meeting the wordcount, and heals the individual completely when expending magoi in conjunction

• D-tier: 250 wc stabilization, -5 magoi healing of damage
      • C-tier: 500 wc stabilization, 10 magoi healing of damage
      • B-tier: 750 wc stabilization, 15 magoi healing of damage
      • A-tier: 1000 wc stabilization, 20 magoi healing of damage.

• - Reviving is impossible. Can reattach a limb with the use of B-Tier magic if the amputated member is present.

Secondary Profession
Profession Title: Shadow Master
Description: A mastermind in the darkness of a hidden veil that controls others as shadow puppets, using them to influence the world in his or her favor.
Profession Perks:

• Shadow Debt - The Shadow Master's influence spreads in the country he is within; his subordinates gather debts from those in government positions and transfer those debts of favor to the Shadow Master. Every 500 word count in an assignment grants the Shadow Master +1 debt point (max at D-Tier: 2, C-Tier:4, B-Tier:6).
    Perk Levels:
  • Shadow Society - The Shadow Master has 100 D-Tier members/grunts for his Shadow Society. The members within this society will do what the Shadow Master wishes within the shadows of countries. In addition to the members, the Shadow Master can issue leaders whose accumulative Tier equals that of his own character tier. The grunts are specifically for Plot purpose and are not used for combat.
    Perk Levels:

Last edited by Adrastos Thanatos on 27/08/16, 08:07 pm; edited 20 times in total

2Death's Professions Redo Empty Re: Death's Professions Redo 18/08/16, 01:06 am

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

Bump

3Death's Professions Redo Empty Re: Death's Professions Redo 18/08/16, 10:36 am

Farid Issah

Farid Issah
β-Tier
β-Tier

Doctor/Undertaker is great.

Shadow Prince, however, is a bit on the creative side.
I feel this would typically be straight up denied, but also you've done a lot of work as a villain, and as such have some leeway.
First, I shall quote a critique of Yakuroro on WormDogma.
Yakuroro wrote:What would people call you IC for this profession? Triple Threat isn't really the name of a job.
Shadow Prince isn't quite the name of a career. This isn't necessarily wrong either. Mastermind is closer though.

Next, completing threads in countries earning you stuff, I don't think just flies. At the very least, you'll have to make threads directly towards this purpose. What do you do for a politician to earn you their favor. The tier of the favor decides your word count. Same applies to Zealots. Tier of Zealot decides your word count to earn him.

Costs and limits to the zealots and favors should be determined by a mod with more experience.

Third, you didn't quite put a reason why you earn favors or why you earn zealots for making posts. There should be an IC reason. I understand the favors being earned by a mastermind. However, inciting zealots to your cause doesn't quite seem like the social perk of a mastermind.

Love the idea. I'll have to ask another mod, but these are my first questions.

4Death's Professions Redo Empty Re: Death's Professions Redo 18/08/16, 04:29 pm

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

• Shadow Master would what people would call me. Notice in your quote how Yaku asked Worn about what would people call you IC for this profession? Well, people IC would call me the Shadow Master, though they shouldn't know the Shadow Prince is Adrastos Thanatos.
  • Edited the title to be Shadow Master, that way if any player IC were to discover the existence of the Shadow Master, they would not know if they were male or female.
  • Edited Perk Levels
  • Reasons will depend on the profession assignment.

I think I covered everything.

5Death's Professions Redo Empty Re: Death's Professions Redo 23/08/16, 10:31 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

I'm afraid I can't give you any leeway like Farid did. I think its 'creativity' is fine, but I have another problem with your secondary profession. I don't think it can be counted as a professions. The definition of a professions is:

a paid occupation, especially one that involves prolonged training and a formal qualification.

Its synonyms are: career, job, business, trade...

The 'Shadow Master' seems to not fit with one of these definitions. It isn't really a career, nor is it a job. It is most definitely not a business, and it doesn't seem quite right as a trade.

6Death's Professions Redo Empty Re: Death's Professions Redo 23/08/16, 11:26 pm

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ariel E. Harel wrote:I'm afraid I can't give you any leeway like Farid did. I think its 'creativity' is fine, but I have another problem with your secondary profession. I don't think it can be counted as a professions. The definition of a professions is:

a paid occupation, especially one that involves prolonged training and a formal qualification.

Its synonyms are: career, job, business, trade...

The 'Shadow Master' seems to not fit with one of these definitions. It isn't really a career, nor is it a job. It is most definitely not a business, and it doesn't seem quite right as a trade.

I'm not too sure what you mean by this. Are you saying that as a behind-the-scenes manipulator of an underground empire, I am not getting paid? Or are you trying to say that running an empire takes no business sense?

Could you please explain what about this profession does not meet the definition? Is it just the name that you aren't able to understand, as it doesn't have a modern day title, and instead follows an unnatural convention (Shadows being the 'trade', Master being the skill level of the trade)?

7Death's Professions Redo Empty Re: Death's Professions Redo 23/08/16, 11:37 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Giving you the un-refined version:

I think a profession is something that someone can do for a client to get money or something in return. It is purely for the client. So say a blacksmith made swords. He would only be making swords for the client, unless he happened to enjoy making swords as a hobby as well.

8Death's Professions Redo Empty Re: Death's Professions Redo 23/08/16, 11:54 pm

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ariel E. Harel wrote:Giving you the un-refined version:

I think a profession is something that someone can do for a client to get money or something in return. It is purely for the client. So say a blacksmith made swords. He would only be making swords for the client, unless he happened to enjoy making swords as a hobby as well.

A business can sell 1 of 2 things; physical goods or intangible service. Yes, a blacksmith can sell stuff as his profession, but can a barber not cut somebody's hair as a profession? The client receives no physical goods, but they have definitely received the assistance of somebody with a profession (barber).

In the same way, the Shadow Master works in the same manner as a behind-the-scenes minister or prince, who directs his subordinates to work and complete tasks and reaps corresponding benefits in monetary recompense as well as equivalent barter exchange of potential physical goods (weapons and equipment for followers, land to build a manor upon, or perhaps even a transportation carriage or ship), or intangible services (allowing entry into the country without being checked for what is being brought in, smoothing over problems with the law or making introductions to other important/powerful members of society).

I believe you are looking at the idea of a profession in a very narrow manner, and are not looking at the broader degree of what it means to work, and what physical goods to intangible services are.

9Death's Professions Redo Empty Re: Death's Professions Redo 24/08/16, 09:48 am

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Talking to Yaku, he said it was fine as a profession. But he also added that it was too easy to get points. Zealots will also be limited for just plot purposes. They can't be used in PvP.

10Death's Professions Redo Empty Re: Death's Professions Redo 24/08/16, 10:12 am

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

I hardly ever PvP anyway, so the zealots portion will not be a problem. Although, I would like some more elaboration on bit concerning the points. Are you referring to the passive points or active points?

11Death's Professions Redo Empty Re: Death's Professions Redo 24/08/16, 10:20 am

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

I have one more edit for this. Instead of a percent of the population give a hard number on hoy many zealots. Otherwise the number of people zealotized can start to get out of hand very quickly.

As for the points, I mean the points used to get these favors. Current wording suggests ANY thread completed will earn you 2 points.

The threads should be focused on actually doing "favors" for politicians. You're welcome to come up with a different approach to earning points, but that way makes sense to me and was already suggested by Farid.

12Death's Professions Redo Empty Re: Death's Professions Redo 27/08/16, 08:15 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Approved:

Code:
[center][u][b]Primary Profession[/b][/u][/center]
[b]Related Class:[/b] Magician
[b]Profession Title:[/b] Doctor/Undertaker
[b]Description:[/b] Using magic and non-magic techniques, Adrastos is able to provide medical treatment to any wounded and conduct autopsies on the deceased.
[b]Profession Perks:[/b]
[list]
[*]Anatomy Knowledge
[list]
[*]+ His dealings with both the living and the deceased have allowed Adrastos to know the anatomy of humanoid beings, thus also knowing the location of vital organs or pressure points on others and himself.
[/list]

[*]Diagnosis
[list]
[*]+ Adrastos is able to determine the severeness of a wound, meaning that he is able to determine whether the damage that has been inflicted upon him, allies, or enemies is lethal and how much more damage it will take before life is put in jeopardy.
[/list]

[*]Mender
[list]
[*]+ Adrastos is able to mend or heal wounds, both with and without magic, due to knowledge of the anatomy and proper medical procedures. Adrastos stabilizes the individual when meeting the wordcount, and heals the individual completely when expending magoi in conjunction
[list]
[*]D-tier: 250 wc stabilization, -5 magoi healing of damage
[*]C-tier: 500 wc stabilization, 10 magoi healing of damage
[*]B-tier: 750 wc stabilization, 15 magoi healing of damage
[*]A-tier: 1000 wc stabilization, 20 magoi healing of damage.
[/list]

[*]- Reviving is impossible. Can reattach a limb with the use of B-Tier magic if the amputated member is present.
[/list]

[/list]

[center][u][b]Secondary Profession[/b][/u][/center]
[b]Profession Title:[/b] Shadow Master
[b]Description:[/b] A mastermind in the darkness of a hidden veil that controls others as shadow puppets, using them to influence the world in his or her favor.
[b]Profession Perks:[/b]
[list]
[*]Shadow Debt - The Shadow Master's influence spreads in the country he is within; his subordinates gather debts from those in government positions and transfer those debts of favor to the Shadow Master. Every 500 word count in an assignment grants the Shadow Master +1 debt point (max at D-Tier: 2, C-Tier:4, B-Tier:6).
[spoiler=Perk Levels]
[list]
[*]D-Tier: The politician owes the Shadow Master a very minor favor where their normal compunctions and loyalty are not tested. (1 Debt Point)
[*]C-Tier: The politician owes the Shadow Master a minor favor in which rules must be bent but not broken in order to accommodate. (2 Debt Points)
[*]B-Tier: The politician owes the Shadow Master a moderate favor where some rules can be broken, so long as it does not risk the individual's life or job. (4 Debt Points)
[*]A-Tier: The politician owes the Shadow Master a great favor where the rules will be broken, so long as it does not cause them to die. (6 Debt Points)
[*]Ω-Tier: The politician owes the Shadow Master a very major favor where the politician will aid in the Shadow Master's plans, regardless of the degree of danger involved and regardless of where their loyalties lie. This favor can be reimbursed through low to mid tier politicians/government officials, however upper tier politicians/government officials would require approval of a plot mod. (12 Debt Points)
[/list]
[/spoiler]
[*]Shadow Society - The Shadow Master has 100 D-Tier members/grunts for his Shadow Society. The members within this society will do what the Shadow Master wishes within the shadows of countries. In addition to the members, the Shadow Master can issue leaders whose accumulative Tier equals that of his own character tier. The grunts are specifically for Plot purpose and are not used for combat.
[spoiler=Perk Levels]
[list]
[*]C-Tier: The Shadow Master can have 2 D-Tier leaders or 1 C-Tier leader within his Society
[*]B-Tier: The Shadow Master can have 2 C-Tier leaders or 1 B-Tier leader within his Society
[*]A-Tier: The Shadow Master can have 4 C-Tier leaders, 2 B-Tier leaders, or 1 A-Tier leader within his Society
[*]Ω-Tier: The Shadow Master can have 6 C-Tiered leaders, 4 B-Tier leaders, or 2 A-Tier leaders within his Society.
[/list]
[/spoiler]
[/list]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum