You are not connected. Please login or register

Magic Weapons (and Omega Tier items)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Are we still able to make/purchase magic weapons? I noted that there are no prices listed in the systems pages. At the same time, however, I noted that there was a specific mention that Magic Tools (not weapons) can only be obtained through certain means, leaving Magic Weapons open for easier obtaining (only need Huang). I also noticed that the Magic Weapon Template is gone now.

I'm a bit confused as to how one goes about obtaining such things. If I recall, making a weapon magic in the old systems added 20k to the B-Tier and 40k to the A-tier, though I may be wrong with the A-Tier figure.

I also want to mention that the 2x cost for secondary and tertiary classes seems to be gone now. I just want to confirm that this is the case, and I didn't actually overlook something.

As an aside, I see a lot of Omega-Tier mentions in the new systems for items; originally there was never an actual way to obtain such an item. Will there be a way now, since it has remained and actually solidified in the amount of mentions for the new systems?

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

You may no longer simply purchase custom magic weapons. Now, the only way to purchase a magic weapon is if a specific staff created weapon is put on the market. Dex also no longer has the ability to make custom magic tools. In addition, magic tool crafting professions are no longer allowed. In short: The only custom magic tools of any kind will be event rewards.

Secondary and Tertiary class weapons no longer cost extra money. They cost the same as primary class versions.

Omega-tier weapons are now a thing. But they will only be obtained as plot event rewards for the most part. You can expect pretty much all omega-tier weapons to be omega-tier.

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

One last question, since everything was clarified in the prior post; regarding the form of the weapon in question, would we be able to dictate the actual form, element and class while leaving the rest up to the staff member to decide upon for Event rewards?

Edit: I lied. One more thing!

Would we be able to upgrade weapons to a higher tier through the use of Huang? Or will we be stuck with the level it is at upon obtaining it? I imagine the event rewards would likely be partially based on tier of the character and difficulty of the event... I suppose the question is unnecessary if it was solely based on character tier, maxed out at A-Tier effectiveness except in uniquely difficult events which would provide an Omega Tier reward.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Omega-tier weapons are now a thing. But they will only be obtained as plot event rewards for the most part. You can expect pretty much all omega-tier weapons to be omega-tier.

What I meant to say was that you can expect pretty much all omega-tier weapons to be magic tools. Sorry for the mistake.

Staff will negotiate the details with the member in question and take their desired form, magic type, etc into consideration. But ultimately the final results are up to staff. That being said, the bottom line is under staff control mostly just to ensure magic tools are thematically appropriate for the forum.

You can't upgrade magic items/weapons. They are stuck at the tier you got them from. Although, if a magic tool was particularly important to your character's plot, it would be possible to upgrade it through plot means in the future. However, that is something that would be staff regulated and only granted to exceptional cases where a great deal of background work has been laid down for the character's plot. So don't expect that kind of result unless you are a very active and productive member of the forum.

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Perfect. All my questions are answered : ) I appreciate it.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Topic resolved, locked, and moved~

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum