1 Abilities Update - Jumanah on 28/07/16, 03:07 am

D-tier Abilities
Spoiler:

Buzz
Tier: D - Tier
Class: Magician
Type: Supplementary
Range: Medium
Requirements/Drawbacks: The cater must remained focused on the spell while casting and preforming the spell.
Scaling: The area of effect may increase by 5m for every 10 magoi/stamina that is invested
Sustain: --
Cool Down: 1 posts
Cost: 10 Magoi
Description: The caster creates a low tone buzzing sound from their staff. The immediate area around the caster(.5m radius) is silent, however those within the ten meters will suddenly become very dizzy for a short instant halting their movements for a single post. To take a step in this condition will cause the target to trip and fall making it ideal for use on charging opponents. D-tier attacks and higher that are capable of producing sound or shockwaves can nullify this spell's effect. This spell uses sound magic.

Echo Image
Type: Supplementary
Requirements/Drawbacks: The caster must chant before preforming this spell.
The Chant:
As my voice echos in the darkness of an empty room, let the image of my being do so to protect me.
Scaling: The distance the ability can travel may increase by 5m for every 10 magoi/stamina that is invested.
Sustain: 2
Cool Down: 1 post
Cost: 10 Magoi | 5
Description: The caster creates a low tone sound from from their staff that started to echo, if built up before casting the scaling will increase. The targeted opponent gets a subconscious suggestion that causes the enemy to see doubles of the caster.(.5m) D-tier attacks and higher that are capable of producing sound or shockwaves can nullify this spell's effect. This spell uses sound magic. This spell lasts for a single post.

Ear Pound
Type: Offensive
Requirements/Drawbacks: The caster must chant before preforming this spell.
The Chant:
May the rukh carry my staffs shout, and gift my target with pain.
Scaling: The area of effect may increase by 5m for every 10 magoi/stamina that is invested.
Description: The caster controls the rukh around the target within 10 meters from her and produces high pitched screeches that will get louder the longer for as long as spell is active. The target will progressively feel more pain on their ears and eardrums, dealing D-tier damage. This spell uses sound magic.

Roaring Wave
Requirements/Drawbacks: The caster must be focused and aim the spell with their staff.
Scaling: The tier of damage dealt will increase by one for every 10 magoi/stamina that is invested.
Description: The caster creates a sound wave that shaped like a tunnel that has 2 meters as its width, and 2 meters as its height. This tunnel moves towards the target and deal a sharp pain on the targets ear and eardrums by giving out a loud piercing sound, dealing D-tier damage to the target(s). This spell uses sound magic.

C-tier Abilities

Spoiler:

Sound Breaker
Tier: C - Tier
Range: Long
Requirements/Drawbacks: The caster must aim their staff and wait for the orb to form and fully grow to its proper size.
Scaling: The tier of damage dealt will increase by one for every 10 magoi/stamina that is invested.
Cool Down: 2 posts
Cost: 20 Magoi | 10
Description: The caster casts a sound orb with 2 meters in diameter that will travel up to 20 meters away and will explode once it touches its target. It then lets off a loud screech as it tears at whatever it can reach dealing C-tier damage. The loud screech will disappear unless the spell is sustained. This spell uses sound magic.

Last edited by Jumanah Necowl on 03/08/16, 01:30 am; edited 10 times in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

View user profile

2 Re: Abilities Update - Jumanah on 28/07/16, 06:31 pm

You seem to be using the wrong coding. Please make your abilities with this code:

Code:
[center][b]Insert Ability Name Here[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] What tier is the ability?
[b]Class:[/b] What class is this ability for? If it is for a Magic Tool, delete this section.
[b]Type:[/b] Is it offensive, defensive, or supplementary?
[b]Range:[/b] Close, Short, Medium, or Long?
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] What are the requirements, drawbacks, or limitations of the ability?
[b]Scaling:[/b] When you add more than the minimum magoi cost, what changes about the ability? More hits/projectiles? A larger area of effect? More damage?
[b]Sustain:[/b] How many sustainments have you done so far? Starts at 0 and goes up with each additional use of the ability.
[b]Cool Down:[/b] How many turns must pass after sustains end until you can use this ability again?
[b]Cost:[/b] The amount of magoi or stamina you are spending. This value can change based on how much you are investing and how many times you sustained it in a post, but must always be at least the minimum required for its tier.
[b]Description:[/b]
[list]
Give a visual description of the ability and include any effects, how large its area of effect is, the duration or how long it lingers, and any other important information. If it is a spell, mention what magic type/s are used![/list]

If you aren't done with your abilities, make sure to put 'wip' in the title!

View user profile http://snowykcnomre.deviantart.com

3 Re: Abilities Update - Jumanah on 28/07/16, 09:36 pm

Edited, I'm not sure how well though since the new set up is still a bit confusing to me.

View user profile

4 Re: Abilities Update - Jumanah on 28/07/16, 09:43 pm

"Element" is not part of the code. For the magic type, you can mention in the description.
For your class, please put "Magician".

5 Re: Abilities Update - Jumanah on 28/07/16, 09:57 pm

Okay edited.

View user profile

6 Re: Abilities Update - Jumanah on 28/07/16, 10:19 pm

(If you have not sustained the ability before, put '-' or '0')
(If I recall correctly, the new system isn't using terms of definitive speed anymore.)

Buzz

You need to state how many posts the effect has. As this is a D-Tier ability, this should probably 1 post.

Echo Image

First of all, what must the user chant? By sustaining the spell, I assume you're talking about building it up? How long does the image last?

Ear Pound

What are the words which the user must say?

Music of the Rukh

This is a supplementary type ability and a Magician class ability. I may be wrong but I believe this is more of a C-Tier ability.

7 Re: Abilities Update - Jumanah on 03/08/16, 01:32 am

Edited

View user profile

8 Re: Abilities Update - Jumanah on 03/08/16, 01:36 am

Well, this is good enough for me, so...
Approved!

D-Tier Abilities
Code:
[center][b]Buzz[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] D - Tier
[b]Class:[/b] Magician
[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] Medium
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The cater must remained focused on the spell while casting and preforming the spell.
[b]Scaling:[/b] The area of effect may increase by 5m for every 10 magoi/stamina that is invested
[b]Sustain:[/b] --
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 1 posts
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 Magoi | 5
[b]Description:[/b] The caster creates a low tone buzzing sound from their staff. The immediate area around the caster(.5m radius) is silent, however those within the ten meters will suddenly become very dizzy for a short instant halting their movements for a single post. To take a step in this condition will cause the target to trip and fall making it ideal for use on charging opponents. D-tier attacks and higher that are capable of producing sound or shockwaves can nullify this spell's effect. This spell uses sound magic.

[center][b]Echo Image[/b][/center]
[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The caster must chant before preforming this spell.
[spoiler="The Chant"]As my voice echos in the darkness of an empty room, let the image of my being do so to protect me.[/spoiler]
[b]Scaling:[/b] The distance the ability can travel may increase by 5m for every 10 magoi/stamina that is invested.
[b]Sustain:[/b] 2
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 1 post
[b]Description:[/b] The caster creates a low tone sound from from their staff that started to echo, if built up before casting the scaling will increase. The targeted opponent gets a subconscious suggestion that causes the enemy to see doubles of the caster.(.5m) D-tier attacks and higher that are capable of producing sound or shockwaves can nullify this spell's effect. This spell uses sound magic. This spell lasts for a single post.

[center][b]Ear Pound[/b][/center]
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The caster must chant before preforming this spell.
[spoiler="The Chant"]May the rukh carry my staffs shout, and gift my target with pain.[/spoiler]
[b]Scaling:[/b] The area of effect may increase by 5m for every 10 magoi/stamina that is invested.
[b]Description:[/b] The caster controls the rukh around the target within 10 meters from her and produces high pitched screeches that will get louder the longer for as long as spell is active. The target will progressively feel more pain on their ears and eardrums, dealing D-tier damage. This spell uses sound magic.

[center][b]Roaring Wave[/b][/center]
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The caster must be focused and aim the spell with their staff.
[b]Scaling:[/b] The tier of damage dealt will increase by one for every 10 magoi/stamina that is invested.
[b]Description:[/b] The caster creates a sound wave that shaped like a tunnel that has 2 meters as its width, and 2 meters as its height. This tunnel moves towards the target and deal a sharp pain on the targets ear and eardrums by giving out a loud piercing sound, dealing D-tier damage to the target(s). This spell uses sound magic.

C-Tier Ability:
Code:
[center][b]Sound Breaker[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] C - Tier
[b]Range:[/b] Long
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The caster must aim their staff and wait for the orb to form and fully grow to its proper size.
[b]Scaling:[/b] The tier of damage dealt will increase by one for every 10 magoi/stamina that is invested.
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 2 posts
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 Magoi | 10
[b]Description:[/b] The caster casts a sound orb with 2 meters in diameter that will travel up to 20 meters away and will explode once it touches its target. It then lets off a loud screech as it tears at whatever it can reach dealing C-tier damage. The loud screech will disappear unless the spell is sustained. This spell uses sound magic.

9 Re: Abilities Update - Jumanah on 03/08/16, 06:53 pm

Duquin

A-Tier
A-Tier
Sorry to bump into the topic after the abilities were already approved :o

There is just a general change I'd like to offer. Chanting in the middle of battle is quite tedious, it's also not really a usual aspect of spells in the magi universe.

I'd recommend removing the chant requirements and replacing them with certain physical actions using your staff such as pointing it at the target or tapping the ground to generate an initial sound.

But if you'd like to keep things as they are just post here again saying so and we'll consider the approvals solid.

View user profile

10 Re: Abilities Update - Jumanah on 04/08/16, 03:30 pm

Would you like me to edit my abilities here again to be reapproved and readded to my vault?

View user profile

11 Re: Abilities Update - Jumanah on 04/08/16, 04:08 pm

Go ahead.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum