You are not connected. Please login or register

Innocence and Corruption [Private / Cherilyn]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Zander

β-Tier
β-Tier
there are certain things about the real world that will destroy a person's loyalty to it. Cultures encourage people to be cruel to each other, armies aren't just there for defense - when generals are given the power, they will attack people because as long as there's a war or a threat of a war they will always have a job -, and slavery is seen as something that's fine. "The strong do what they want, and the weak suffer what they must" as an ancient wiseman once said. 

This was why Alek never quite felt like he could be himself in society. It was why he hid a lot of what made him himself, and the majority of the people that he knew had no idea what he suffered through. Even Sara, someone who he should have been able to trust implicitly, had no idea what he had been through before he joined the corps. 

Heck, most people didn't even know that he was a part of the Fanalis corps, if they did he wouldn't be allowed in this nation. He was, actually, an enemy of the state, and if they were ever to know that, he might as well sign his death warrant. 

That was why he tried not to make himself too obvious when he went through towns. He was a Fanalis, though, and that made everything difficult. Hell, he'd actually recently beaten up a group of city guards, so it was no surprise that this specific city would have a reward out for his capture. 

Because of that fact, he only went to this city because it was the closest one where he could buy food. Since he had to avoid attention, he was currently wearing a full body cloak, his face hidden in the shadow cast by his hood. 

Using his staff like a walking stick, he adopted the appearance of a wandering monk. He'd have to thank the monastery at some point for helping him out with this cloak.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Techniques | Delta - 3 | Kappa - 3 | Beta - 3 | Alpha - 0 | Omega - 0 [9/15]
View user profile

Cherilyn

C-Tier
C-Tier
Cherilyn was walking minding her own buiness it was sort of crazy but oh well just recentally she met another Fanalis who kind of dominated her and told her to follow them he treated her to lunch but it was weird. By that she meant what person drags a girl from running then tells them to follow but when he told her to he let go she could've ran away but she didn't. Then he also didn't have a shirt on! God she was so red that day. She looked at the ground trying to shake away the memories. She felt a little weird but tried to just shake it off and be normal as she was walking she heard someone walking.

She then came into sight with someone wearing a hood she knew it was dangerous but he didn't look dangerous just shady, she ran up to him. She bowed greeting him. "Hello... I'm sorry to bother you but are you okay? I never seen anyone walk with a cane so young."

View user profile

Zander

β-Tier
β-Tier
A cane? How dare she? This was not a cane, this was a staff! This was a fully mechanized piece of technology that most people would marvel at to see in action, and she was going to call it a cane? 

He wasn't even really mad, but he knew that if he was to just get absorbed in this conversation, he increased his chances of getting in trouble. The more he stuck around here, the more chance he had of running into a guard. 

So, forcing a slight wheeze to his voice, he adjusted his position so that he seemed more like he was resting on the staff to keep him on his feet. This should give her the illusion of illness, he thought. 
"Y-yes," he said, before forcing a slight cough. "I'm fine, child. Don't worry about me. Just carry on with your day."

He began to move past her, before the thing that caught his eye stuck in his mind. Her face... her ears, more specifically, were pointed. 

There was something wrong about that. She clearly wasn't a human, or perhaps she just had some sort of absurd birth deformity. That tended to happen in families with high magic potential. 

But, that would catch her on the outside of society, right? People who were deformed always ended up getting separated from people just for their appearance... It was sad, but he was going to have to ignore her. Being around her would likely draw attention. 

Continuing to walk off, he forced himself not to move at full speed so that he could keep the appearance of being ill, but even at this speed she was unlikely to follow him, right? God he hoped so.

View user profile

Cherilyn

C-Tier
C-Tier
She was analyzing his voice as he talked, many people at her tribe had done that to get out of doing work. "Faker" She whispered but quietly so he couldn't hear, she watched as he walked away at a quickened pace but trying to act like he was sick or injured. She was quick and disappeared by the building shadows and started to follow him. Next she wodnered when they get out of the city how would she follow maybe hiding behind some plants she could cast up or trees and bushes. She watched him trying to udnerstand why exactly this guy would lie to her, well then again he had just met her maybe he hated meetign new people.

So to keep on track with him she made sure to use every second she could to follow him but to stay close to a shadowed area if he looked back at her. She wondered should she follow him thats violating privacy which she wasn't a big person on that. But curiousity got the best of her.

View user profile

Zander

β-Tier
β-Tier
She thought he couldn't hear, but she appeared to forget about the advanced senses of the Fanalis people. Their sense of smell, hearing and sight were far beyond what a normal human could do, and so since she was whispering below what a human could hear, that didn't mean that a human couldn't hear her. 

Faker? Oh fuck, she knew. Time to bail, he thought to himself, as he pressed the central button of the staff, giving it a quick twirl to retract the lengths of the staff. It quickly retracted, becoming once more the central column of the staff, before slipping it under his cloak and breaking off into a run.

The pattern of his feet beating down upon the ground underneath him became almost like a drum beat, but unfortunately that worked against him. As he ran, a strong wind blew across the area, his hood flying back down and revealing his face. 

Since she was hiding in the shadows, unbeknownst to him, she would only get a small sight of his face. But, the face was something that few people could forget. Moderately handsome, his face was that of a Fanalis warrior, with pink hair that blew slightly in the wind. 

It was clearly the face on the wanted posters, under the crime "Perverting the course of justice", "Assault (five cases)". The fact that they hadn't listed his killing of the murderer probably showed they were trying to avoid people drawing their own conclusions about that little case.

Throwing his hood back up as soon as he had the chance, he continued beating a hasty retreat through the streets.

View user profile

Cherilyn

C-Tier
C-Tier
She tried to keep up but from her recent events she was tiring easily she yelled at him. "Stop!..." She felt exhausted which was terrible, she wondered. 'Is this how fat people feel?' She collasped in the street on her knees breathing flashbacks of the war flooded her brain, although she didn't care she gritted her teeth and punched the ground in frustation. She forced herself to stand, she saw he wasn't too far so she tried to run after him trying to keep up but he got further out of her sight she should've kept pushing herself to go. "Don't go..." She whispered to herself. Those words rung in her ear, 'don't go' she said that to her father before he left but work was more important to him.

She sighed and outside the gate on a dirt path she just fell to her knees her feet ached in pain, she looked at the sky. She began to wonder if she made the right choice leaving the forest, or leaving so early it was obvious her body couldn't physically last long. She sat there feeling helpless she tried to stand but failed at it she hear his footsteps still but they were fading off. She questioned why he was running what was so important he had to run from her, she wanted to just make friends or something not cause trouble. She looked at a bunny chase another bunny and giggled. It sort of looked like her chasing the mysterious guy.

She got up and wobbled she wasn't exactly stable yet but she began to walk at a quick pace hoping that he stopped and she would catch up soon. He was indeed a Fanalis she only got a glimpse of his face but he was kind of cute.

View user profile

Zander

β-Tier
β-Tier
Everyone has a part of their personality that is drenched in absolute hamartia - a terrible fatal flaw that stopped people being able to carry on their life in the way that it should be. Kings hamartia tended to be egotism. the hamartia of priests tended to be their xenophobia against anything that seemed to disagree with their concepts about the world, and Alek's Hamartia? He couldn't just stand by and watch people who were forced outside of society by their differences suffering. 

As he continued running, he heard something at the very edge of his hearing. The fact that he could barely hear it was either a tribute of the distance between them or the fact that she was saying it so quietly. 

He couldn't understand why she would be chasing him; was it the bounty on his head? Was it that they were akin in their position on the outside of society? He didn't know, and there was a part of him that wished to. 

Yet, all the same, there was also a major part of him that was absolutely determined not to go back there. Finally stopping, he tried to find out what he was going to do. 

But, for now, he just sat underneath the branch of a tree, letting the shade cool him down as he tried to collect his thoughts. 

This was wrong... he should not be a criminal! He was the killer of criminals, he was a soldier for one of the best armies in the entire world. Sighing, he allowed himself to catch his breath.

View user profile

Cherilyn

C-Tier
C-Tier
Cherilyn had used a thick branch from a tree to hold her self up, voices in her head made her mad at her for having a past. "Your mother, she'll take care of you." Her father's voice ranged in her head, she felt a little sick. "Mrrm..." She collasped then passed out of exhaustion.. "Daddy, please stay!" Little Cherilyn pleaded, her father. "No, I'm sorry but science is the new thing dear, it creates and it destroys!" He informed Cherilyn. "B...but daddy... you promised we'd always be together..." He glanced at her his eyes seemed colder. "Yes, but damnit Cherilyn! Things happen!" Cherilyn was horrified at her father he never cussed at her. "D...Dad-" She was slapped.

This was her worst memory her father use to be kind and so loving... then mother got sick, he believed science would help her. Sadly mother wanted only time to heal her not some science creation mommy was really into nature. The dream had changed on Cherilyn this time it was with her mother. "Mommy, you look pale..." Little Cherilyn informed her mother. "Cheri, don't worry my little Cherry mommy is fine time will heal me!" She coo'd as she rubbed Cherilyn's cheek. Cherilyn had hugged her mother asking for her to promise her. "I promise, dear."

Cherilyn woke up and felt better she didn't feel as weak she began to walk and as she walked she could see something but it looked like a black dot but the dot was near a tree. She got closer and was sure to be quiet, it was the Fanalis she approached him but tried to take up space to run. "Please! Don't run! I'm just a friend!" She assured the Fanalis.

View user profile

Zander

β-Tier
β-Tier
He was sitting down, just letting his breath come back to him when he heard the footsteps coming near him. Moving his hand back to behind him, he pulled his crossbow out and loaded it with one of his arrows just in case it turned out to be one of the guards. 

However, as she stepped out of the forest, he almost boggled at the fact that it wasn't. It was, instead, a girl. The same girl, he realized, that he'd ended up running from. Why she was here, he didn't know, but he doubted that she was a friend. Kind of ironic how, seconds later, she claimed herself to be just that. 

"You were chasing after me!" He said, keeping the crossbow trained right between her eyes. He might have only picked up the art relatively recently, but that didn't mean he was unskilled at its practice. If she were to make a single wrong move, he would peg her right in the noggin like she deserved. 

Still, there was no need to initiate hostilities when he had little proof that she was an actual threat. She looked pretty young to be doing something like that, but traitors came at any age. "You say you're my friend, but you were chasing me down like a dog. Tell me exactly how that makes you a friend."

View user profile

Cherilyn

C-Tier
C-Tier
"The fact that I'm a Elf, harming people isn't in my blood unless I need to." She stated simply and looked at the crossbow not afraid to die. "But if you must shoot me I don't care, I barely know anything about myself... well my race..." She sighed and looked at the ground she walked closer and patted his head and closed her eyes and smiled. "Fanalis, it's okay your the third Fanalis I've met! Your quite common!" She giggled. She then poked his stomach, and gasped. "Man Zeraldin wasn't lying all you fanalis have rock hard stomachs.

She giggled from embarassment and appolgized for randomly poking him cause that would probably irritate her. "Well if you trust me now I could take you to this river and we could catch some fish if your hungry? You do trust me right?" She looked him straight in the eyes questioning him, making sure they were eye to eye. She picked a flower up that was crimson red with yellow pecks on it up and put it in the center of her hair, and smiled at Zander to assure him she was no threat.

View user profile

Zander

β-Tier
β-Tier
Hah, elves don't exist. He chuckled ever so slightly as she made that declaration, before remembering her ears. They.... were kind of inadmissible evidence. How could he claim that she wasn't an elf and yet she was deformed in the same way that elves were. 

When she said she wasn't afraid of death, Alek couldn't help but laugh. "That's a crock of shit. No living person alive isn't afraid of death. Even those who claim to be fine with dying are lying - There's little worse than death. It's why I'm still alive despite everything that's happened." 

Still, he dropped the crossbow from her, keeping it in his hands just in case something happened that he didn't like. However, as she poked him, he pushed his hand on her chest, trying to keep her away from him. 

"Lady, I don't know who you are, and that means you don't know who I am. Don't touch me." Still, as she mentioned Zeraldin, he raised an eyebrow. that... was the idiot from the other day, right? the one who he'd met at the slave house. When she asked if he trusted him, he grinned wickedly 

"Woman, I have no idea who you are, what you are since elves don't exist, or even what you're doing here. You just randomly touched me, and now you're calling me by my race as if that defines who I am. I'm also still holding my crossbow. So, tell me, does it LOOK like I trust you?"

View user profile

Cherilyn

C-Tier
C-Tier
Cherilyn chuckled, she smiled. "I said i'm not afraid to die, and I mean it. If I die it's a rumor that I will join Lady Gaia and become apart of earth." She smiled and looked at the sky. "But if you want you can shoot me right now I don't mind." She turned to him and stood there like a statue waiting to be broken or moved. "But... I will have you know I have someone I have to meet up with his names Dynatos... well and Zeraldin..." She looked at the ground dying was something she doesn't fear to much now. Because she believes she'll join Lady Gaia the Queen of the Elves or at one point was and help guard Earth and becoem apart of Earth.

It was a great tale among her race, Lady Gaia the fierce but beautiful Queen she had once with her sword stroke a whole army down in one clean cut. She was also rumored to take care of the nature in the world and whoever dies or whatever dies will join her in her quest to protect the world if they have been good and loved nature. She was quite excited to grow older but she won't rush it so she looked at the Fanalis. "Well, you have to choice to shoot me, believe me... or..." She moved aside so he could go away. "Or you can go I saw the posters, sadly I don't give a damn if they want you and offer a reward. I just want to be friends honest." She sighed she felt like she wasn't getting through to him. "Well, whats it going to be?" She asked looking at him with concern but caring blue eyes.

View user profile

Zander

β-Tier
β-Tier
Lady Gaia? She was one of those religious types? It was not an exaggeration to say that he actually groaned at that - Religious people were always such a drag to talk to. 

They seemed to take everything too seriously, and when they found out that he didn't believe in whatever nonsense they believed in, they seemed to find it impossible not to try and convert him. He was a proud atheist, believing that no god could possibly exist in a world where people went unpunished for ruining other people's lives for profit.

"You know, no matter who dies, you become part of the earth anyway. At least, assuming you're buried rather than cremated. It's nothing to do with your 'lady Gaia' or whoever, it's to do with biology."

Still, as she mentioned Dynatos, the crossbow went back up, pointing straight between her eyes "Did you just mention Dyn? How the hell do you know that boy? We've been travelling for a week and he's never even mentioned you."

She continued to bleat some nonsense about how they should be friends and about how great friendship was and yadda yadda yadda. Honestly, it was more interesting talking to a tree. 

"Okay, if you want to be friends, how about you explain yourself? Nobody randomly wants to be friends with someone just because they're a Fanalis. Nobody chases down someone randomly in the street because they want to be friends, and there is no such thing as an elf. So, what's your answer to those questions?"

View user profile

Cherilyn

C-Tier
C-Tier
Cherilyn pondered on the questions he asked, how could she answer them and he would believe her? Every word she says is important from here on out with this man. "I knew Dynatos cause we met on the Jade Moutains route... we decided to travel together but I had lost him some time back... and the reason why I randomly want to make friends?" She thought about a answer for that. "I don't quite know a good answer for that... but I guess cause I feel like I don't belong with my kin... I don't want to talk to my own kind right now I'm disappointed at them right now..." She looked at the ground with a more serious but sort of irritated face.

She looked back at him and sighed. "I guess I chased you because... every Fanalis I've met had a dark past... I feel more comfortable with Fanalis I guess." She looked at the sky as she was ready to answer his final question. "Elves... we hid ourselves from humans and others because we see them at the destroyers of nature... I just... Maybe humans do kill nature but not all of them do... so I am curious to find out about other races." She took a deep breathe. "Like you Fanalis you seem to be either quiet quick tempered, and dark pasts." She then questioned if she should've said that last part it sounded a little cruel to her.

She looked at the ground and behind her she turned around. "Like I said you don't have to believe me, but I will tell you my name. It's Cherilyn Rosethorn Golden Elves Princess." She slowly walked away towards a boulder. "If you have anymore question or concern I'll wait at that boulder." She told him as she jumped ontop of the huge boulder.

View user profile

Zander

β-Tier
β-Tier
Met on the Jade Mountains route? That had to be before they had met the pair. That meant that both him and Kana had met this weird girl... they hadn't thought to mention her to him? An insane girl who thought she was something that didn't exist? That was something that you had to mention to other people, and he decided to have a little word with Dyn the moment he got back to camp. 

"You know... you don't need to keep saying 'right now'. I get the picture." However, as she talked about her people, he had to smile. He might still refuse to believe in the existence of elves, but there was something nice about the fact that she was able to understand something like that. It was true; he hated people who abused other people, but fanalis could do that just like everyone else could. There was no such thing as a race without fault. 

"your.... name is stupid." He said, rather frankly. "Seriously. You're an "elf" with the name "Elves Princess"? Also, WHO THE HELL NAMES SOMEONE AFTER A COLOR?!?"

View user profile

Cherilyn

C-Tier
C-Tier
Cherilyn looked a little surprised, did he think her name was Elves princess? "OH! No no no... My names Cherilyn Rosethorn.... I just stated i'm the Princess of the Golden Elves... were a tribe in a forest that is very green and beautiful... well..." She wondered off in her thoughts she looked at him and blushed she thought it was cute to see a Fanalis a little angry. She hopped down the boulder and put her hands on his shoulder and looked him in the eye. "Are you rejected from your kind? Is that why your mad? I'll tell you what I will tell you a secret of mine if you just relax a little." She smiled as she let go of his shoulder.

She looked at the ground awaiting his answer, she also took in to consider when she had a flashback of him getting furious that she touched him. Maybe this guy if he gets angry he'll lose it and actual kill me. She thought about the scene she pictured him with his eyes darkened like hers do when she is serious about protecting and fighting ofr something. His fanger over his lip a bit and the scene only got worse and bloody. Although if that happened atleast she tried to convince him correct? When this is over she should probably go find Dynatos. Then she remember this guy seemed to act like he knew Dynatos.

Her eyes got big she was concern. If he was talking she would interupt. "I'm sorry but where is Dynatos! I must see him! It's not urgent I just... must see my best friend..." She sighed at the last part looking at the ground it was hard making this guy believe her.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum