View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Val Reformatting Abilities on 10/07/16, 09:38 am

D Tiers:

Lion Strike
Tier: D
Specialization: Warrior
Type: Offensive
Range: Short
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user needs to draw the sword with his hand on it. He needs to firmly plant his fit and position his feet to the target
Scaling: Damage
Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 1
Cost: 10 stamina
Description:

Val moves his upper body perpendicular to his feet positioning the target and thrusts out his sword to stab the chest of an opponent .5m away, dealing D-Tier damage when struck.

Bull Rush
Tier: D
Specialization: Warrior
Range: Close
Requirements/Drawbacks:Have the sword only on his right hand.
Cool Down: 1
Cost: 10
Description:

The user uses his sword in order to slash the shoulder of the opponent. It is a downward slash with one arm, making it slow. You have to be about 0.5m away and it would deal D Tier

C Tiers:

Parry
Tier: C
Class: Warrior
Type: Defensive
Requirements/Drawbacks: Hold the sword with one hand with his feet planted on the floor. They need to use there hip and wrists freely.
Scaling: Defense
Cool Down: 2
Cost: 20 stamina
Description:

The user brings his sword in order to swat away the attack. Depending on the direction the attack is going, the parry hits the attack to the direction of where the attack came from. This is a pushing action involving the wrists and hips. EX: The projectile is coming from the left so the Parry would it hit it back to the left. The user can only block the attack if he brings his sword away from him in at least 12 inches (0.3048m)

Pysche!
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user needs to focus on the area they are hitting, meaning the opponent could predict there movements.
Scaling: More hits
Sustain:0
Description:

The user holds his sword and brings his sword to an area with a dash. However, the sword switches directions at a 45 degree angle to hit an area to the face. This is to intimidate the opponent and surprise him with a attack. Another purpose of this ability would be to distract the opponent. The second area that gets hit would deal C Tier damage. You have to be 0.5m away from the target

Faerie Dance
Range: Short
Requirements/Drawbacks: Have to be at least 1m away from each other and they have to face the same direction. He needs solid footing and may get D Tier disorientation if used 2 or more times
Description:

The user spins around once in a horizontal fashion, one sword aiming for the chest and another aiming for the face of an opponent .5m away with his two swords. This ability consists of two strikes, each dealing D-Tier. damage.

Last edited by Val Achilles on 14/08/16, 07:12 pm; edited 7 times in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

< click on it ^-^
View user profile

2 Re: Val Reformatting Abilities on 10/07/16, 03:14 pm

Duquin

A-Tier
A-Tier
I see this is a WIP, but I'd like to grade your first ability so you have a better idea of what to do moving forward~

Lion Strike:

Requirement - What you put here isn't really a requirement. Yes, you would need to extend your arm to hit someone. But that is just part of the ability. A "requirement" is something you NEED to do or some condition that must be met in order to be ABLE to use your ability. So something that allows you to perform the ability.

For a simple move like this, a simple requirement like, "Draw the attacking hand back fully."

Sustain - This should just read "0" or "-" or be blank. It is for keeping track of sustains you've used in a topic. The first time you use an ability in a thread it will be 0 only adding 1 for every sustain you add on top of the first use. If the ability goes through cool down for any reason, the sustains will reset to 0.

Description - This is where your ability needs to most work. What you describe doesn't sound like an attack. You stretch your arm to touch someone's shoulder. Okay, are you making a fist? Are you stabbing with a "snake fist style" kind of finger poke? Is it a chop? How are you dealing any force when all you're doing is "stretching"? The flavor text of your ability is important now. Be more descriptive on HOW you attack your enemy when using this ability.

View user profile

3 Re: Val Reformatting Abilities on 07/08/16, 12:34 pm

My abilities are not done, however, I just wanted to know if I am on the right track before I get to my B Tiers

< click on it ^-^
View user profile

4 Re: Val Reformatting Abilities on 11/08/16, 01:58 am

@Val Achilles wrote:My abilities are not done, however, I just wanted to know if I am on the right track before I get to my B Tiers

I think you're on a decent track right now, Val. Would you prefer some abilities to be looked at now or wait until you have them all completed?

Vavatine | Adrastos Thanatos
View user profile

5 Re: Val Reformatting Abilities on 11/08/16, 07:55 am

@Adrastos Thanatos wrote:
@Val Achilles wrote:My abilities are not done, however, I just wanted to know if I am on the right track before I get to my B Tiers

I think you're on a decent track right now, Val. Would you prefer some abilities to be looked at now or wait until you have them all completed?

I would like you to look at them

Thanks Very Happy

< click on it ^-^
View user profile

6 Re: Val Reformatting Abilities on 11/08/16, 02:36 pm

Lion Strike:

Requirement - I feel like having firmly planted feet would be another requirement for this ability since you are essentially thrusting a weapon at an opponent, which requires good balance so you don't fall or go into the direction you are stabbing.

Description - First, there is no speed so remove the 10 m/s. Secondly, how does your upper body move when stabbing the opponent? Much like Yaku said before (though I don't know what this ability looked like when he saw it), "The flavor text of your ability is important now. Be more descriptive on HOW you attack your enemy when using this ability." That being said, try to mention how your upper body moves, or how your arm moves, or maybe even what part of the blade would hit the opponent upon the stab. Also, add how close the opponent would be and how much damage is inflicted.

Example: Val moves his upper body perpendicular to his feet positioning and thrusts out his sword to stab the chest of an opponent .5m away, dealing D-Tier damage when struck.

That example isn't as vague as the description you currently have and gives the other person a better idea of what you're doing.

Bull Rush:

Range - You need to put a range of close, short, medium, or long here.

Description - You should put how how far away your opponent will need to be in order for the ability to work and that D-Tier damage is inflicted on the opponent when struck.

Parry:

Requirements - The requirement you have is a bit vague, particularly when you say the sword must be in guard. In what position would the sword be held in order for it to be considered "in guard"? Does the user hold it with one hand or two?

Scale - I used this for Vavantine's Defensive ability: Defense - The defensive capabilities of an ability may increase by one Tier for every 10 Stamina that is invested. (Caps at A-Tier)

Psyche!:

Description - It's a bit unclear as to what this ability does. It seems to me that this ability consists of one attack yet there are also two attacks as well.

The user holds his sword and brings his sword to an area. However, the sword switches directions to hit another area.

This suggests that the sword doesn't hit the first area, but instead goes to a different targeted area right before any impact can be made.

The second area that gets hit would deal C Tier damage. However, if the first area gets hit and the second area does not it would be C Tier. If both areas get hit, they would both be D Tier damage.

If an ability consisted of multiple attacks, then each attack would be a fraction of the overall damage. So, this is a C-Tier that has 2 attacks. That means each attack would deal D-Tier damage to equal the total C-Tier damage this ability can have. That being said, if one area got hit but not the other it would be D-Tier damage, not C-Tier. If both hit, then that's C-Tier damage total. The wording of this ability description needs to change to reflect that.

Furthermore, you should specify that you are aiming for an area on the opponent's body. Aiming for "an area" is just too vague. You will also need to add how far away the opponent needs to be in order for the ability to be used.

Faerie Dance:

Requirements: Since you are spinning, another requirement that I feel needs to be added would be that the user must have a solid footing. That means they wouldn't be able to perform this ability on ice or unstable terrain. This ability would most likely have a drawback that would have the user suffer from dizziness/disorientation if used consistently or multiple times in a row without pause.

Description -

The user spins around with his blades. This is a horizontal slash and if the attack hits it would deal C Tier damage. The user would aim for the chest area. The spin is supposed to intimidate the opponent and they should only be attacked once.

The wording needs to be cleaned up a bit. Also, you need to add how close the opponent must be in order for this ability to be effective. How would this intimidate an opponent anyway?

My suggestion W/O intimidation:  The user spins around once with his blades parallel to each other in a horizontal fashion, aiming for the chest of an opponent .5m away. When struck, the opponent receives C-Tier damage.

My suggestion W/O intimidation and W/ two D-Tier attacks: The user spins around once in a horizontal fashion, aiming for the chest of an opponent .5m away with his two swords. This ability consists of two strikes, each dealing D-Tier damage.

My last suggestion was made because of the fact you are using two swords instead of just one, so it makes a bit more sense.

Please make those changes and bump the thread when you are done.

View user profile

7 Re: Val Reformatting Abilities on 13/08/16, 11:50 am

< click on it ^-^
View user profile

8 Re: Val Reformatting Abilities on 13/08/16, 04:38 pm

Requirement section: Including the act of drawing your sword in the requirement section means that the blade would have to be sheathed before every use.

Parry: You need to describe the physical method you are using to execute the parry

Psyche!: Please rewrite the description to be less vague about the "how". Describe the flavor text of your ability as flavor text is now more important in the new system.

Faerie Dance: Change it to 2 uses before the disorientation takes effect

View user profile

9 Re: Val Reformatting Abilities on 14/08/16, 12:09 pm

< click on it ^-^
View user profile

10 Re: Val Reformatting Abilities on 14/08/16, 12:31 pm

Parry: Please rewrite the description and describe the ability in different way because it is too confusing as it is right now.

The rest is fine though ^^

View user profile

11 Re: Val Reformatting Abilities on 14/08/16, 07:12 pm

bump

< click on it ^-^
View user profile

12 Re: Val Reformatting Abilities on 15/08/16, 03:23 pm

Merrze

A-Tier
A-Tier
The issues seem to be fixed, half approval given

Merrze's Vault of Wonders
View user profile

13 Re: Val Reformatting Abilities on 15/08/16, 04:23 pm

Code:
[center][b]Lion Strike[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] D
[b]Specialization:[/b] Warrior
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] Short
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user needs to draw the sword with his hand on it. He needs to firmly plant his fit and position his feet to the target
[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage
[b]Sustain:[/b] 0
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 1
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 stamina
[b]Description:[/b]
[list]
Val moves his upper body perpendicular to his feet positioning the target and thrusts out his sword to stab the chest of an opponent .5m away, dealing D-Tier damage when struck.[/list]

Code:
[center][b]Bull Rush[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] D
[b]Specialization:[/b] Warrior
[b]Range:[/b] Close
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b]Have the sword only on his right hand.
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 1
[b]Cost:[/b] 10
[list]
The user uses his sword in order to slash the shoulder of the opponent. It is a downward slash with one arm, making it slow. You have to be about 0.5m away and it would deal D Tier[/list]
[/spoiler]

Code:
[center][b]Parry[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] C
[b]Class:[/b] Warrior
[b]Type:[/b] Defensive
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Hold the sword with one hand with his feet planted on the floor. They need to use there hip and wrists freely.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Defense
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 2
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 stamina
[list]
The user brings his sword in order to swat away the attack. Depending on the direction the attack is going, the parry hits the attack to the direction of where the attack came from. This is a pushing action involving the wrists and hips. EX: The projectile is coming from the left so the Parry would it hit it back to the left. The user can only block the attack if he brings his sword away from him in at least 12 inches (0.3048m)[/list]

Code:
[center][b]Pysche![/b][/center]
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user needs to focus on the area they are hitting, meaning the opponent could predict there movements.
[b]Scaling:[/b] More hits
[b]Sustain:[/b]0
[list]
The user holds his sword and brings his sword to an area with a dash. However, the sword switches directions at a 45 degree angle to hit an area to the face. This is to intimidate the opponent and surprise him with a attack. Another purpose of this ability would be to distract the opponent. The second area that gets hit would deal C Tier damage. You have to be 0.5m away from the target [/list]

Code:
[center][b]Faerie Dance[/b][/center]
[b]Range:[/b] Short
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Have to be at least 1m away from each other and they have to face the same direction. He needs solid footing and may get D Tier disorientation if used 2 or more times
[list]
The user spins around once in a horizontal fashion, one sword aiming for the chest and another aiming for the face of an opponent .5m away with his two swords. This ability consists of two strikes, each dealing D-Tier. damage.[/list]
[/spoiler]

Make sure to add them to your vault~

View user profile http://snowykcnomre.deviantart.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum