The Dark Secret Within the Desert Pt 2: To Shoulder a burden [Job/Plot/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Job:

Job Name: To Shoulder a burden
Job Rank: B-Tier
Job Location:The Desert of Forgotten Soul
Job Rewards:200xp + 15,000 Huang
Job Prerequisites: Mikazuki Tenma, Letter from the unknown
Job Overview:After finding out that their village is in the danger of extinction because the city guards always trying to hunt them down without any specific reason, Tenma need to guard the village at all cost.

Enemies:
Enemy Name:Senior Guards (x6)
Needed damage to take down:C
Description: Senior city guards uses spear to deal with their enemy. Spear attack deal C-Tier damager, they capable to move at 15m/s
Abilities:
Cut: The guards will send cuts at 15m/s to their target and deal C-Tier damage
Deep Stab: They will deliver deep stabs at 20m/s and deal B-Tier damage

It was quite an exhausting for the swordsman to find the village, the heat and the dryness in his throat clearly was not something to be taken lightly. He would occasionally stop walking and get some rest, pouring some refreshing water into his throat to remove the dryness and checked the letter that he received again as it was showing him on how to get there. It was pretty easy to find some certain spot that was mentioned in the letter and that helped a lot for Tenma to find it easily. As soon as he arrived at the village, it was quite different from the village that he saved from the bandits. It got a whole different feeling as it didn’t quite look miserable and gloomy like the village before but this one was much more like normal one with a common vibe. He checked his map again and after spending several minutes to think, he finally was pretty sure about the village, knowing he arrived at the right place. He would then step into the village wondered where the chieftain’s hut was and gripping the letter in his hand tightly…

WC:192/1500

──────────────────────────────────────────────

The Dark Secret Within the Desert Pt 2: To Shoulder a burden [Job/Plot/Solo] UJnuuB6
View user profile
Tenma felt a little uneasy when he was walking to the chieftain’s hut while looking around to find out where it could be. It was not because he worried that he couldn’t find the hut, but it was more into how quiet this village was as there was no one that he could see in the entire street. It felt like he was walking into a dead village even though he still could sense some eyes were eyeing on him, watching his every movement like he was some kind of prey. Perhaps they were afraid to come out because of the unsafety feeling that was given from their own problem, but it would not make any kind of difference if they were too afraid to come out. However, when he explored the village more, he could see some kind of a crowd in the middle of the village. They were cheering at something that he couldn’t see and Tenma needed to ask to the nearest person on his side about what had happened at the moment. When the person paused a little bit, probably was surprised to see someone she never saw in the village before, the swordsman would look right into the girl’s eyes and waited for her explanation. “They are giving us meat supplies, you know, we have a few livestock left and giving it out like this after being separated into certain portion makes it fairer.”

The one eyed man would then beam the girl with a smile on his face before thanking the girl for the explanation. He thought that this village was somewhat strange but perhaps it was just his feeling, mostly a troubled village would not be so casual towards a stranger, especially someone who was not from their own village but oh well. “Could you please tell me the way to the chieftain’s hut?” said Tenma with his signature bright smile. As expected, the woman told him how to get there right away and taking the chance, the swordsman headed to the hut quickly while keep looking around the area in case there was something interesting.

WC: 545/1500

The Dark Secret Within the Desert Pt 2: To Shoulder a burden [Job/Plot/Solo] UJnuuB6
View user profile
It was actually easy to find the chieftain hut according to what the woman said to him when she helped to show him the direction. He just needed to find a big hut with some guards standing around the building and he just need to go straight as the path would eventually lead him towards the chieftain’s place. On his way to the hut, he would look around and tried to remember the layout of the village as it might gave him advantages if somehow he needed to fight inside the village. However, as he was walking, he could hear someone’s steps from afar and the footsteps were getting closer to him. As he turned his back, he could see a woman running towards him while hugging a big sized meat tightly as if it was a very valuable thing. He recognized the woman as the one that he saved from the bandits; however he had this weird feeling about it even though he decided to ignore it for now. “Greetings milady, I am glad that you are able to head back safely.” said Tenma with his signature smile and polite bow.

The woman would be blushing and it was obvious because her cheeks started to have this rosy color appeared there. Then she would put the meat carefully on the ground before smiling sheepishly to the swordsman and lifted her skirt a little bit to greet him back politely and ladylike. “Thank you for your help, without you, I might not be able to come back to my village.” As Tenma nodded to her and started to approach her, the woman kept smiling and seemed didn’t mind if the swordsman came closer to her. “It is alright, milady. What is important is that you are safe now, although I was a bit curious as to why you were in the middle of dangerous desert alone like that.”

Surprised that Tenma would ask her that, the girl blushed even more and answered, “O-oh! I was just taking a stroll and I thought I could find some abandoned things there. But I never expected that you will be here, may I know what kind of business that you might have in our village?”

At that time he was not sure whether he could spill his true intention as the letter requested him to not tell anyone about the matter that he was about to handle. But perhaps he could give her an ambiguous answer, “I got an invitation to meet with the chieftain although I still don’t know about what kind of matter that will be discussed in the meeting.” With a smile still attached on her face, the woman would slowly grab Tenma’s right hand and brought it close to her face before she kissed the back and licked it for a second. This was surely a weird thing but the swordsman didn’t wish to bring any trouble so he would chuckle and being a little bit playful with the woman. “My hand is not tasty and it is dirty as well as I just arrived here after going through the field of sands.” But the woman shook her head and said, “No, you are tasty. Oh, I should go back now to prepare dinner, if you want please visit my house that is located near the chieftain’s hut, my name is Mina, see you soon!”

WC:1111/1500

View user profile
Mina’s words were really making the swordsman wondering about it, he never heard a woman say something like that in his entire life. She even licked his hand too before saying that, but that stuff can wait as he needed to head to the chieftain’s hut soon. Tenma started to walk a little bit faster towards his destination and he could see some guards were standing in front of the entrance. With a smile on his face, he would approach the guards and took out the letter that he received. The guards quickly made a way for Tenma to enter the place without saying anything, but the black haired man noticed something different in their eyes. The look inside their gaze was not something that could be called as spreading fear like what soldier would usually do, it was more like lustful eyes, but Tenma couldn’t interpret the cause at the moment. All he knew was some people in the village had similar lustful gaze…

The moment he entered the chief’s place, the swordsman couldn’t help but look around the area as there were some bones hanging at the wall. However it seemed that the chief found Tenma’s reaction as something funny as his loud laughter started to fill the place. The chieftain did look intimidating for some foreigners because of his huge body that almost as big as Imuchakk’s body, not to mention his scary face and piercing gaze as well even though he was laughing. The swordsman would be polite and waited for the chief to finished laughing, but the gigantic man would speak to him first, “Is it scary? I hanged all those bones here to remind my enemies about my village’s glorious day.” It was clear to Tenma that the glorious day was all in the past and they became weak to the point they needed to ask for outsider’s help. He would shake his head before answering, “No, but I found it amazing.” He was tempted to ask about how they know about him and was there any other warrior that they asked for help too in this case but he thought it would be wiser to wait and listen to what the chief wanted to say.

WC: 1483/1500

View user profile
The chief cleared his throat before he looked straight at Tenma’s golden eye, gazing sharply as if he wanted to rip open what the black haired man was hiding inside his mind. “Young man… just in case you are wondering why you are the only warrior that are present here…” The chief paused a little bit but he would let out a big sigh before started to speak, “We had hired a lot of warriors, but a lot of them betrayed us by working together with the city guards, some of them were defeated because they were not strong enough to hold the guards… and we heard something about your existence in the capital city. We heard about your successful story and think that maybe you can help us, even though the risk is more dangerous when we requested you to come alone. But please understand as we are afraid for more betrayal…” The swordsman didn’t speak as he listened to each words tentatively, wanting to know more as it was the thing that he had in mind as well. However it was truly strange, not only had they known about Tenma’s where about to send the letter of distress, but they also asked him to come alone as well. But curiosity couldn’t escape his head and he laughed to himself mentally to curse his own naivety, oh well, it was too late to go back and all he wanted to know was the reason why the city guards kept attacking them. “I do have a question… Why the city guards always targeting your village… perhaps there was an unforgivable crime? Or the Pharaoh simply want this area as his territory?” His question might be a very risky one, but he would take the risk of it. The chieftain shook his head and answered with a calm tone, “Unfortunately they wouldn’t give us the answer whenever we asked, we didn’t have any strength left to counter attack… nor to fully defend ourselves.”

“I will try to help but I don’t know if my strength would be enough to protect the entire village…” said the one eyed man before the chief nodded solemnly and asked one of the guard to lead him to the nearest inn so he could take a rest a little bit and guard the village after that. Once he entered the room, Tenma closed his eyes and let out a soft sigh. ‘This might be a suicide… but oh well, you reap what you sow… I just need to be prepared and survive…for her.’

WC: 1910/1500

View user profile
It was so sudden that some city guards would surround the village, armed and ready to commence attack if they were given permission. Tenma could hear some people screamed in fear and some people were like hiding in their house because they were afraid of what the soldier might do to them. The swordsman was ready as he hanged his Katana on his side, making it easy for him to draw when he needed to. He decided that he would wait until the guards spread into the village and he would locating them  one by one to make it easier to beat them quickly, because even though Tenma was strong, the guards won by numbers.

He saw there were two soldiers heading towards the chieftain hut, another one was going to the left side of the village, one went to the right while two headed towards the middle. Tenma position would be on the left side of the village, so he might need to take down the left one first. The swordsman quickly sneaked until he got close with the guard before he pulled his hand to engage the base of him palm to deal two upwards thrust and made him unconscious. One  down, five more to go. Fortunately for him, a soldier that he saw was going to the middle before noticed that Tenma was there and prepared to cut him but only ended up being parried by Tenma. The swordsman would also sustain his Shotei Uchi move to the soldier before tying those two up so they couldn’t move.

He thought that maybe he needed to get to the chieftain soon and defeat both of the guards quietly, so he dashed towards the biggest hut and prepared his sword. He would aim from behind and sent two kicks to one of the soldier before lifting up his sword and performed two diagonal cuts, successfully defeating them. Now that he had defeated four out of six, there was only two more left. He would quickly located the location of the guards after tying up the last two that he had defeated before heading there in a speed of light. He headed to the middle area first because it was closer and performed Tameshigiri II, tying him up so he wouldn’t be able to move before going to hunt the last one. It was pretty easy actually, he just needed to sustain his Kesagiri II move and he had defeated all six. However when he wanted to gather all the soldier up so he could interrogate them, he saw some of the villagers pulling them away and the chieftain would appear to say, “You saved us! We will be having a big feast today! We are grateful that you were here…” The swordsman nodded and smiled, showing his gratitude but by the time he turned back to see where the soldiers would be pulled to, he couldn’t see them anymore. “Don’t worry, we will just give them a lesson.” The chieftain noticed Tenma’s thought and assured him before guiding him to his staying place for now, asking him to get some rest and get ready for the big feast.

WC: 1500/1500
Stamina / Magoi: 170/210

Skills:

Kesagiri II
Tier: C-tier
Class: Warrior
Type: Offensive
Range: Close
Requirements/Drawbacks: Tenma needs to readies his sword and get into a close range before lifting the sword up
Scaling: Hits
Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 20 | 10 sustained
Cost: 2 posts
Description: The user performs 2 downward diagonal cuts to the target, each slash inflicting D-Tier Damage.

Nidan Geri
Requirements/Drawbacks: Tenma needs to stay still and one foot needs to maintain his balance
Scaling: Damage
Cool Down: 2 posts
Cost: 20 | 10 sustained
Description: The user will send 2 front kicks to the target, each kick dealing D-Tier damage.

Tameshigiri II
Requirements/Drawbacks: Tenma needs to readies his sword and get into a close range before lifting it up to perform this move
Description: The user performs 2 quick sharp slashes, each slash inflicting D-Tier damage.

Shotei Uchi
Requirements/Drawbacks: Tenma need to pull one of his hand back
Description: The user will pull his hand back to engage the base of the palm in two upwards thrusts, each strike inflicting D-Tier damage.

Parry
Type: Defensive
Requirements/Drawbacks: Tenma must see the attack coming and have his weapon unsheathed.
Description: The user is able to redirect up to C-tier attack with their weapon, cannot parry against intangible attacks.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum