You are not connected. Please login or register

Bone Dry Efforts[Training|Noir]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bone Dry Efforts[Training|Noir] Empty Bone Dry Efforts[Training|Noir] 17/02/16, 08:34 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

The long and possibly awkward ship ride was finally over. Yakuroro had already gathered his things and met up with Noit on the deck of the ship as they prepared to depart. The Imuchakk greeted Noir as friendly as ever, acting as though he hadn't really been trying to avoid her for the past six weeks on the ship. "Good morning, Noir. Are you ready to disembark?" The question would be asked with a jovial cheer as though the magician turned his gaze to the busy docks where sailors bustled about. In order to sweeten the idea of making a quick leave, Yakuroro leaned to the side and whispered to Noir, "Once we're on the road, we can begin your training."

As much of a hurry Yakuroro was in, he would remain patient and show no signs of distress in the event that Noir wanted to take her time in the port to prepare for the several day trail to Remano where the Historical Society's headquarters awaited them. Regardless, once they were ready to go the Imuchakk procured a wagon and some traveling supplies. The method of travel wasn't exactly fast, but it would provide Noir's beast something to rest in so it would not have to walk the whole way like it would have if they used horses. It would have been faster, but taking their time wasn't a bad thing either. The longer they were away from populated towns, the longer they would be able to focus on Noir's training.

Once they were on the road and away from prying ears, the magician would begin speaking openly with Noir for the first time since they had left Balbadd. "I apologize. I should have explained when we first agreed to go to Reim together...I have a slight...reputation in Reim's capital. I haven't been speaking with you because I didn't want to give any hints to eavesdroppers about my identity. If they knew...getting to Reim might have been a bit more tricky." A lie designed to explain away Yaku's distant nature as he thought solely of himself for the past six weeks. But it was a lie wrapped in truth. The Imuchakk did indeed have reason to be concerned if the people of Remano in particular recognized him.

"For being so cold to you up till now, I truly apologize!"

A deep bow of Yakuroro's head was made to accent his false apology making it all the more authentic. His years of being a Conman would hopefully serve him well in making it believable.

Upon rising from the bow, the Imuchakk seemed relieved to have gotten that off his chest, though this too was simply clever acting. Choreographed gestures to express desired body language to others.

"But now that we are in private on the road, I'll start making up for it by beginning your first lesson on using your djinn's power~"

Conman Profession:

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Thank you all, for everything.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

She was enjoying the sea breeze while standing on the deck, feeling the gentle wind caressing her cheeks and combing her hair to the back. It was always nice to feel the wind especially if she was in the middle of the sea, the scent of the sea always made her calmer and felt free. When Yakuroro approached her and greeted her with a friendly smile, Noir felt the obligation to do the same. So she bowed down a little bit before giving him a smile but alas her tone was still flat like usual, “Good morning to you as well, Mr. Yakuroro.” She motioned Haku to greet the giant as well and the smart beast sat beside the girl before showing his paw to Yakuroro as if he was greeting him. “I understand, thank you so much. I am very grateful…”

Noir would go with Yakuroro to the wagon while helping him to prepare the supplies. He was a very quiet person based from how little their interaction was, however Noir enjoyed the quietness and didn’t really mind about it. But listening to Yakuroro’s explanation was simply surprising, Noir wondered what kind of reputation that this man had when he was in Reim that making him trying his best to hide his identity However, the black haired girl know that it was not her place to ask it further simply judging by their relationship until now. So even though she was curious to know, she wouldn’t try to ask. But even more surprising thing happened after, making Noir’s eyes widened to see the giant bowed to her and apologizing for something that… was not really a problem. Noir didn’t even realize that he was being cold to her and considered it as his nature, but turned out this man had another side of himself that made him interesting at least for Noir.

Her smile widened when she heard that Yakuroro would begin her training, it was exciting for her to train under this man to begin with. Not only because he was a powerful one who was born in the powerful race, it was also because of his interesting behavior and Noir truly found him as a very amusing one. Probably there was some other side that was still hidden within him, enough to make the female magician curious more about the Imuchakk. “I apologize but I don’t even realize you are being cold towards me until now…” She said while tilting her head to the side innocently and listened to what he want to say next. She couldn’t believe on what the Imuchakk said to her, that they would begin her training right at this moment. Her heart beating fast, wondering what kind of first lesson that she would get.

Weapon & Djinn Equip Training
WC: 462/4000

Last edited by Noir Ecryola on 07/03/16, 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Bone Dry Efforts[Training|Noir] G5OZoqx

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Yakuroro waved the girls apology aside as the gesture wasn't needed. It was he who had need of apologizing, not her. With that out of the way however, it was time to begin making good on Yaku's word. The Imuchakk magician had promised to train Noir in the use of her djinn's power and that is what he would do. The first thing the blue haired giant did was point to the arm band that served as the home for Noir's djinn. "The first thing you need to know is that you now possess what is called a Metal Vessel. It is somewhat like a magic tool which houses the power of your djinn." The magician would give pause there and watch Noir carefully as he let this knowledge sink in. "If you look carefully, there should be an eight pointed star somewhere on its surface. Keep that symbol safe as my research suggests that breaking it might mean that your metal vessel is useless. I haven't tried this on my own metal vessel but it works for average magic tools and I see no reason why our metal vessels should be any different."

As Yakuroro spoke he led their wagon off to the side of the road and drove the oxen across the hilly plains until they were in a small bowl-like depression in the land which would leave them unseen to any others who might come down the same road they were on. "Here is a good place to start your first practice." Yakuroro said as he reined the wagon to a stop and hopped down from the driver's bench. He would offer a hand to help Noir down before gesturing for her to join him standing a decent few meters away from their wagon.

"Now then, I'll demonstrate first."

Yakuroro rose his left hand as he faced Noir and spoke in a commanding tone, "The Djinn of Mischief and Deceit! Marax!" As the Imuchakk spoke, large amounts of magoi gathered to his hand where a small metal ring rested. The eight pointed star engraved on the ring began to glow with a golden light as the magoi compressed tightly around it. The ring then appeared to become light itself. Light which morphed and grew shaping in Yakuroro's hand to form a longsword shape.

Bone Dry Efforts[Training|Noir] Demon_sword_zpsbac2ba0d

The light faded revealing a weapon made of some strange purple material, it's blade covered in countless spikey shards. An illusory haze danced around the surface of the sword as if it were but a mere desert illusion and a great yellow eye gleamed open on its hilt.

"This is what I call the "weapon equip" and it is the first phase of a djinns power you should learn before attempting a full djinn equip."

Yakuroro lowered his hand and allowed the sword to rest at his side. It would seem as if his left hand was somewhat merged to the sword, his flesh replaced up to the wrist with the same armored hand appearance Noir would have seen during Yakuroro's full djinn equip in the dungeon.

"I said doing this is like using a magic tool, but the truth is, it's a bit more difficult than that. You simply need to feed magoi into a magic tool, but to awaken your djinn's power you must muster a large enough amount of magoi and condense it. It must squeeze it into your metal vessel tightly as if you were trying to squish a barrel's worth of wine into a simple wineskin."

Yakuroro then made eye contact with Noir and gestured in her direction. "Now you try."

Strength Training:
602/1000

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The black haired girl gave a quick glance towards her armband the moment Yakuroro pointed it while listened to the explanation of the metal vessel itself. She stayed quiet as she slowly memorizing everything she heard from the Imuchakk, knowing that it would be a very useful knowledge for herself in the future. Noir would then take off the armband and tried to look at it, trying to find the eight pointed star mentioned by her mentor carefully. “I apologize for interrupting, if I may ask you, why the metal vessel can be useless if the eight pointed star break? Is it like a ritual symbol to summon the Djinn?” She asked once she found the faint eight pointed star right at the ruby gem embedded on the armband, seemed amazed by the fact that the armband has the star inside.

Once they arrived at the place that Yakuroro mentioned as her first training place, Noir looked around and thought that it was perfect place because nobody would appear and her training wouldn’t be interrupted. She climbed down from the wagon after accepting Yakuroro’s hand and prepared herself for the training, motioned Haku to guard the wagon while she go several meters away from the wagon. She kept quiet, waiting for her mentor to begin the training and was simply amazed by the power she felt at the time when the Imuchakk’s hand had magoi gathered to it. That was a large amount of magoi and it seemed that the ring on his finger absorbed it before it glowed and suddenly the light became a longsword.

“Weapon equip…”She murmured, feeling a little bit nervous and wondered if she could transfer that large amount of magoi to her armband and produced something like that amazing weapon. She thought that djinn would appear from Yakuroro’s ring the moment it absorbed the magoi, but it seemed that the djinn power was turned into some kind of weapon. “Understood…” She nodded at the Imuchakk before closing her eyes and concentrated to gather her magoi into her armband. She carefully recalled how Yakuroro poured his magoi on his ring which was his metal vessel by using her Eidetic Memory, copying his gesture and raised her right arm. However, the chant was not for Dantalion, it must be only for Yakuroro’s djinn only, so perhaps she needs to find a chant to summon the weapon equip. Noir kept concentrating and let her magoi flowed towards her armband, but she knew it was not enough so she kept pouring her magoi, feeling breathless as she started to pant. She wondered if that was enough and came into assumption that it was not enough. The Imuchakk did the Magoi gathering without even breaking any sweats, so it left her with two guesses. Either the Imuchakk had massive amount of magoi, or it was just Noir who still not capable to produce such large amount of magoi.

“Ughh…” Noir gritted her teeth, feeling her strength being poured into the armband and her body started to become a little bit with. Her knees were shaking and she didn’t really know when was the right time to stop feeding her magoi, so with a wild guess, the black haired girl called Dantalion’s name. “The Djinn of Drought and Dehydration! Dantalion!” Her armband began to glow while emitting a hot vapor and Noir was waiting for what would happen next, wondering about what kind of weapon that Dantalion’s power would shape like. However, nothing happened after as her armband stopped glowing and the vapor could no longer being felt. The female magician could only stare at her armband with a confused look, thinking about what went wrong.

WC : 1077/4000

Last edited by Noir Ecryola on 07/03/16, 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

When asked about the reason why a magic circle was so important for a magic tool, Yakuroro could only shrug and offer disappointed confession that he did not know. It was a matter he held an interest in, but until he met someone capable of creating magic tools such knowledge would be lost to him. The focus moved on to Noir's training and once the initial instructions were finished, Yakuroro set about doing his own practice. The Imuchakk had noticed in the dungeon that while he had gained the strength brought forth by powerful muscles, he lacked the skill and finesse with his weapon required to make full use of that power. Yakuroro felt that his sword needed to be faster, more accurate, its edge keener. One of the three required the work of a skilled smithy but the other two had to be forged by his own hard efforts.

As Noir started her first attempt at completing a weapon equip, Yakuroro brought the longsword of Marax to his front and held it in both hands. "Don't mind me. I'll be doing my own training over here." The budding warrior stated as he turned to face open air and readied himself in an amateurish stance. Yakuroro still lacked a great deal of real world experience in combat with his swordsmanship and this showed in how he held himself. The spacing between his feet was too close together and his hips were shifted slightly off of his center of gravity. The grip of his hands was too tight on the blade and unnecessary tension plagued the entirety of his form, muscles held taut where they should have been relaxed and calm. It was a somewhat embarrassing sight but Yakuroro wasn't really aware of this himself at the moment.

Closing his eyes to the world brought the Imuchakk into a crafted daydream of an opponent standing in front of him. Yakuroro didn't personally know any grand or renowned swordsmen he could summon memories of, so the phantom fighter he made for himself was a mix between the various types of warrior's he'd fought over the years. The face of a Brotherhood of Ash bandit donned in Kou soldier clothing, sporting a heliohapt-style sword. It was a patchwork of a mental picture and intentionally so. Perhaps the hodgepodge of mediocre swordsman memories would bled together to form a half decent manifestation. With this shadow boxing partner created, Yakuroro began to exchange blows with it passing through the moments with a continuous flow of attacks coming his way. The Imuchakk would block or parry as best he could before attempting a counter. Some came fluidly and others were rough ending with him in an open position for the sparring partner to punish Yakuroro for his greedy strike.

Throughout Yakuroro's own practice he would open his eyes from time to time to observe Noir's own efforts. Her declaration of the djinn's name in particular drew Yaku's attention causing him to pause his training altogether to observe the girl. She seemed to be making a huge effort to drown her magic tool in magoi to the point that she was beginning to exhaust herself. Yakuroro shook his head with a frown as he watched Noir stare at her metal vessel in confusion not understanding why her attempts had failed.

"You're doing it all wrong."

Yakuroro walked over to her side and explained how she was going about the process in a wasteful manner. "All you're doing is throwing magoi at the armband. But I told you before that this is not like a magic tool where it just needs to be fed. For us magicians who naturally have the ability to manipulate magoi within our bodies, we take that skill for granted. So it's understandable that you're having trouble grasping this. But try to remember that you aren't just trying to cover your metal vessel in magoi. You want to tightly compress that magoi into the armband. Imagine that it is a bowl or pot much deeper than it looks. You should be able to pack the magoi more tightly." Yakuroro nodded with this advice but to be honest, he wasn't sure if it would help.

The Imuchakk magician went back to his own training for a few more hours until exhaustion had truly taken hold of both of them. At that point, Yakuroro suggested they rest for a meal and then hit the road once more. They could train again tomorrow.

Strength Training:
1348/2000

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Noir listened tentatively to Yakuroro’s words, trying to imagined what he meant by compressing the magoi into the armband. She would nod to the Imuchakk’s explanation and tried to do it again by using the remaining magoi that she had within her body at the moment. She always used to pour the magoi into her wand so it would be released into some kind of magic type, such as a wave of lightning or shards of ice. It never manifested into something solid and never had a shape that could be maintained for a long time. Usually the shape that she created from her magoi through her wand in the form of elemental magic would always appear before it did its purpose and disappeared, although the only exception for that was when she borrowed the power of natural resource around her such as water. This should require her to do a different kind of method that would let her to produce a weapon from Dantalion’s strength, it was not the same thing like when she cast her spell through her wand or when she fed her magoi into the magic tools.

The keyword from Yakuroro’s advice was the “compressing” method and that was what she would do, she would keep it in mind that she was not only feeding her magoi and wait until something appeared or happen. The black haired girl would need to feed her magoi into her armband with a right amount and let the power of Dantalion to manifest into something that might be a weapon. She closed her eyes, planning to calm herself down by doing a meditation as well as to clear her mind. She slowly brought herself to sit on the ground while continue to close her eyes and emptying her mind, breathing steadily and maintained a right posture for her meditation. She knew this method from Adrastos, knowing that it was a very suitable method for her to clear her mind from all the complicated things and to fill it with her goal. She would let out a deep breath before she started to restart her training again, letting her body to feel the magoi within her body. The rukh wouldn’t help her to create magic spell, however Dantalion would help to lend her power in the place of the Rukh to create this weapon. So by pouring all of her concentration to compress her magoi into the armband, Noir tried to imagine that it was a pot much deeper that it looked. She needed to pack the magoi more tightly and let it to produce a weapon, so no more throwing magoi at the armband carelessly like before.

Hot vapor began to emit from the armband as the ruby shine because of the magoi, it would stay like that for several minutes since the magoi that it needed was not enough. However for the black haired girl, it was a hard task to do since she already fed most of her magoi before and she began to sweat and panted. Her body was already exhausted and she should really stop before she ended up only giving all of her magoi to the armband and foolishly dead because of that. But she was a very persistent girl as she still keep trying to feed her magoi into the armband, knowing that it was still not enough. She could feel it, the concept was finally clear to her but she was still having trouble about how the compression worked since she only had some kind of assumption on how it worked. More… just a few more… She knew the amount of the magoi that she should try to feed but her body didn’t have that much magoi anymore. So with a pained grunt, just when the exhaustion took over her body, she stopped feeding her magoi and her limped body fell on the ground while she was still sitting.

“Ahh… I am sorry; I haven’t been able to perform it.” Noir breathed heavily while looking at the orange and purple colored sky, her words was intended to be said towards the Imuchakk. She would then agree to Yakuroro’s suggestion, knowing that it was a better thing to do at the moment. Luckily for the black haired girl she could use some of her remaining strength to stand up although her step was a little bit shaky and weak due to her low stamina. Perhaps the Imuchakk was hungry since it was almost the time to get dinner and she too needed something to fill her stomach in order to help her gain a little bit stamina. It seemed that both of her pet needed something to eat to as Haku and Chrono peeked from the wagon with a sad look and then climbed down only to approach her before giving her a loving nuzzle. With a smile, she petted both of the feline creatures and then looked toward the Imuchakk, “Would you like to have dinner? I brought some ingredients with me so I can cook here.”

While waiting for his answer, Noir would then went to the wagon to get her bag and grabbed some food for Haku and Chrono. El Nagi’s beast food was truly the best and she would need to get some more since the amount only enough for another 10 days. However, she didn’t want to be strict and just gave both Haku and Chrono their usual amount of food. She let out a happy sigh when both of the creatures ate the food happily and growled cheerfully after they finished eating their food.

WC: 2013/4000

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

"Yes, after expending this much magoi we could both use some food."

Yakuroro agreed to dinner and released his djinn weapon equip allowing the longsword to return to its ring form. The exhaustion he felt wasn't to a point of extreme fatigue, however there was no denying that he had used a great deal of magoi keeping his weapon equip active for so long. He had been at it for nearly half a day, far exceeding the longest amount of time he'd kept it fed with magoi up to this point. Had he been using the full djinn equip then things would likely have been far worse considering how much more magoi that form consumes. With this in mind, Yakuroro approached the wagon considering the prospect of how to continue his swordsmanship training from here on out. The King Candidate had used his weapon equip in order to provide Noir with an example, but for the next few weeks he would resolve to use his Rampaging Unicorn Horn greatsword instead.

As Yakuroro sat down to eat he watched Noir feed her beasts a healthy amount only to take a modest meal for herself. The magician shook his head and pulled some seeds from his sleeve before casting them onto the wagon floor. "You need to eat more than that, food helps the body recover from magoi exhaustion better then rest does. That's something you should keep in mind." The magician grasped his staff and cast a Bountiful Harvest spell on the seeds causing them to quickly grow into full ripe fruits and vegetables. He then set his own staff down and reached for one of the plump apple-like fruits to take a bite out of its crisp flesh. "You did well today." Yaku said offering some encouragement to Noir who was no doubt disappointed at her lack of progress. "You will probably reach the manifestation stage in the next couple of days. The form of your weapon equip might change slightly as you better learn how to condense your magoi though. So even when you succeed, keep practicing. It is possible that you can end up with an even better transformation with a few more weeks of training."

The Imuchakk wasn't going to mention to Noir that she was still a long way to go from getting a full Djinn equip. For now, he wanted her focusing on mastering the first stage as it would help her complete the second stage. If he rushed on to attempt a full Djinn equip without first arriving at the final form of her weapon equip, it could result in many more failures before she saw any real success. Based on what Yaku knew of the girl so far, she wouldn't handle repeated blunders very well. It was probably best to let her feel the joy of victory as much as possible in order to build up her self confidence. That being said, he had no intentions of holding her hand from here on out. Noir was going to be mostly on her own as Yakuroro had his own training to complete.

The next day went much like the first. The morning hours were spent traveling further down the long road to Remano. Then when a suitable place to pull off the road and hide came about, they would stop and disembark the wagon in order to spend the rest of the day training. Yakuroro took his greatsword in hand and found a forested area to train in that would be hidden from those traveling on the main road. Although he was no longer using his djinn equip and thus had little reason to hide, Yakuroro didn't want to bring an unnecessary attention to himself. A giant blue haired man swinging a sword larger than most humans about probably wasn't the most inconspicuous of sights after all. Any curious people who came to watch him might end up spotting Noir who was doing her own training nearby. The last thing they needed was to try and explain why some girl had a strange glowing armband or an inhuman hand grasping some strange weapon if she succeeded in performing her weapon equip.

Sweat dripped from Yakuroro's body as the next several hours were filled with him swinging his blade at phantom opponents constructed by his mind's eye. Several trees were unintentionally felled throughout the day, but few shadow opponents. It was becoming more and more apparent to Yakuroro that his sense of balance and reach were flawed due to years of arrogantly clinging to his magician's staff and blind reliance on the rukh. Each swing of the sword shook off a shard of his previously held sense of superiority. Each phantom warrior that landed a blow on him was a reminder of Yakuroro's own weakness and mortality. A reminder that he had been nothing but a pawn in the grand scheme of things.

Hours of training turned to days and days turned to weeks. It would have taken them much less time to reach Remano if they hadn't been taking most of the days to train and rest, but since it would be harder for them to train once they arrived in Remano, Yakuroro insisted that they take their time. What should have been a mere 4 day journey had already stretched out to a week and a half by the time they reached the halfway point towards Remano. All this time spent training had been paying off for Yakuroro. While he was still far from a master swordsman, he was able to correct several of the problems that had been plaguing his style. His footwork was nothing to be impressed over but it was no longer clumsy and unbalanced either. His slashes had less unnecessary movements in them so they required less effort to perform. Perhaps most important was that the had turned his wild swings into keep strikes. Yakuroro could now target certain parts of his opponent's body with much greater accuracy than before.

The Imuchakk felt that he had reached a new plateau in his training now. One which he would not be able to overcome by solo training alone. He would need to test his skills in real combat if he wanted to improve any further. This prompted him to put his own training to the side somewhat. He would still take an hour or two for himself to train each day, but he would spend the rest of the time focusing on helping Noir manage her own training. By this point, she should have had the beginnings of her weapon equip down and be ready for some sparring.

Strength Training:
2456/2000

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Noir stared at the blue haired magician as he advised her to eat more to recover from magoi exhaustion, something that she actually didn’t really know. She always thought that resting is better to recover her body from magoi exhaustion and usually she would sleep until she felt her body was already refreshed and her magoi was recovered. Eating more food was not something that she did since her body was already used to eat food that some people that seen her food could say that her portion was definitely not enough for a person. However it was something that her body used to have and she adapted to it, unconsciously bringing it with her even though she was not a slave anymore.

Her love to cook was not something that could change her usual food portion and since she was cooking for herself, she thought the small portion for her was normal.  She recalled the moment when she was still a slave, the slave masters used them to work really hard and it drained her stamina a lot to the point her legs would shake because her body was really tired. Those slave masters said that the only way for them to get ready for the next drill of work was to rest and get some sleep since they didn’t really allow them to get a good rest by only giving them around 3 or 4 hours of sleep before they need to start working again at the ship. The food that she received on the ship was disgusting if she could say; a green colored thick soup that only Ilah and those masters knew what it was made from and she ate that every day for several years. The only joy and peaceful life as a slave was definitely something that she received from her last master, she got decent food and a nice life since her master was not demanding like the other masters that she had in the past as he treated her like his own family. Alas it was only happened for a short time before some people raid the house and killed her master brutally then taking her back to the slave ship for an unknown reason.

With a grateful nod and a slight blush from her cheek due to her mentor kindness, Noir took one of the fruit before saying, “Thank you very much, I will keep your advice in mind.” She would take a bite of the fruit and felt the refreshing juice filled her body; she would try to eat more food as advised so she would take another fruit from the tree until she felt that she was really full and couldn’t eat anymore but not in a greedy portion. She was taken aback as she heard Yakuroro praised her for her zero progression and confused on why he said that to her, her lack of progress must be something that needed to be talked about and probably needed to receive a punishment by adding some more pressure on her, but the Imuchakk didn’t do that. “I understand… I will try my best. Thank you.” She bowed deeply towards the male magician, feeling grateful for the kindness that she received.

The next morning, Noir would sit inside the wagon and crossed her legs as she closed her eyes to meditate. It was something that she liked to do in order to clear her mind and when the wagon stopped, Noir opened her golden eyes and got ready as it was time to continue her training. Yakuroro looked like he had something to do with his great sword so the black haired girl chose to train alone giving her mentor some space for himself. She would keep his advice in mind, compressing her magoi would help her to activate the weapon equip. Noir started by breathed deeply, slowly exhaling her breath in order to make it steady. She would then start to feed her magoi to her armband, focusing to not overfeeding it like how she tried for the first time. She tried to compress her magoi and in her head, she could see an image. The image was blurred but she could spot bones and skulls, then she tried to concentrate more, knowing that it might the concept of what Dantalion’s power would be as a weapon. It was not too long after the black haired girl realized that those bones and skulls were the result of Dantalion’s power, something that would dry some living being with a hot wind to the point their meat would be removed from their bones since it was too dry. Perhaps it was something that Dantalion wanted as her legacy, as the result to those people who was trying to opposing her power. Her power was strong and deadly, it was something that her enemy should not take as something weak. For Noir to be able to have this kind of power was something that she couldn’t even imagine, but she would try her best to bring her power into manifestation.

After several hours passed, the black haired girl was managed to wield something like look like a scythe with hot vapor emitting from it. The scythe was decorated with bones and skulls just like what she imagined; the power that she felt from this weapon was truly amazing.
Bone Dry Efforts[Training|Noir] Weapon_zpscdl4weqi
It was different from her magic and it felt strange, but she knew that it was her Djinn power, Dantalion’s power. However, she didn’t managed to keep the weapon equip for a long time as it disappear into vapor, she knew the reason why and it would be something that she needed to learn after this. Thanks to her persistent side, Noir was able to keep the form and wield it for a long time and the time for her to summon the weapon equip was definitely decreased a lot. She no longer needed a long time to feed her magoi to her armband now as she just needed a second to summon the scythe and with that, she would approach her mentor and waited for her next training.

WC: 3039/4000

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

On the day that Noir had decided to approach Yakuroro in order to reveal her weapon equip to him, she would find that the Imuchakk wasn't going off on his own after their morning ride as he had been doing. With his own training completed for now, he had planned on overseeing her progress himself. Yakuroro was surprised to hear that she had already mastered it and was eagerly seeking his instruction on the next phase of training.

"Hoooo~? You've really completed the weapon equip? Come, show me the fruits of your labors then."

Once they stopped for the day in a secluded place, Yakuroro dismounted the wagon and moved to a nice clear area where they could move around freely. There, he waited to watch Noir display her weapon equip to manifest a wicked-looking scythe out of the arm band metal vessel. The Imuchakk magician made a sly smile at the sight of the equip and clapped his hands as he spoke. "Well done, you've reached the manifestation stage. The next step will be to complete a full djinn equip." Without missing a beat, Yakuroro's final clap was accompanied by a great shining gathering of magoi around his hand. The king vessel swept his hand through the air with a flourish, the ring around his finger morphing into the shape of the longsword he had shown her before.

"Reaching that stage is difficult, but simple. You just need to repeat the same process as before, only with more magoi that you stretch across your entire body. The chant required will just come to you so don't even bother thinking about it. But for now, we'll make sure you know how to use that weapon equip of yours. You can practice the full Djinn Equip afterwards."

There was no warning following Yakuroro's explanation. The smile on his face as he approached her, weapon in hand, would have been deceptively innocent. Once Yakuroro spoke his last word, he was just in front of Noir when he suddenly rose the blade in hand. Yakuroro brought it down for a powerful vertical slash attempting to test Noir's ability to react to the sudden attack. In truth, he was holding back quite a bit in terms of power in order to avoid crushing the girl in case she failed to defend in time.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

There was something different today after several day has passed while she perfected the weapon equip. She could easily find her mentor nearby and didn’t do his usual training with his greatsword, probably it was because he already finished the training or already gained the training portion that he desired. It was still a long way to go for the black haired girl though, she managed to performed the weapon equip but who knew if she would be able to use it in an actual fight. She was hoping to test it but it would be too quick to ask her mentor if he could give him some kind of special training on how to use it in combat, so she decided to listen to what her mentor had planned for the training.

The moment Yakuroro praised her, Noir couldn’t be happier but she tried to cover that inside since even though she was able to reach the manifestation stage as he said, there was a lot of things that she still need to learn. “Djinn equip…” She stared at the giant’s eyes, recalling the form that this man changed into. He looked different when he activated this djinn equip power as she remembered him had armor covered his body and a face engulfed by some kind of dark colored gas with several blue light that looked like eyes. “Is that the one you were using back in the dungeon? Cladded with armor and stuffs…” She tilted her head, wondering if she was right. It was a very amazing experience to witness this man used his power to stop the sand storm before. To think that he would also teach her on how to reach that stage as well was a truly motivating thing to be heard, she would have a far stronger power within her. Then her mind drifted off to think about how far she could bring and manifest this power of Dantalion.

She snapped from her thoughts when she noticed Yakuroro’s hand gathered magoi before the item that turned out to be a ring on his finger morphed into something that she saw before, his longsword. The black haired girl didn’t know his purpose, but she could understand and at least forecasting that this next stage wouldn’t let her off without bruise and perhaps broken bones. But she was not afraid of it, she was used to receive harsh training and bruises or broken bones were not a really big deal for her. Her heart was beating fast due to her excitement as she waited to what the man had to say, listening tentatively to every word that escaped from his lips. So there would be a chant needed but she didn’t have to think hard about it, something that made her wondered if there was a chant needed for the weapon equip as well, to make it easier to summon it. The female magician began to imagined the scythe again and focused her mind to summon that while still wondering if she could implement same method. Then the moment Yakuroro suddenly rose his blade and brought it down towards Noir to deal a slash, the black haired girl’s eyes changed into crimson color and her lips was moving on her own, “Dessicate, Dantalion...” The moment after, the scythe was summoned in a shorter time compared to her training before. The chant was very helpful for her to summon the power and she could easily manifest the power into a weapon. Then by using the scythe to clash with the longsword, Noir looked a little bit confused but she probably had a wild guess on what Yakuroro was trying to do.

The black haired girl would try to remember her past training with Naginata with her guardian even though it was not enough for her to be able to wield the weapon in an expert way, but she recalled the basic and she would swing the scythe right into the Imuchakk’s body, attempted to deliver a vertical slash towards him. Hopefully the basic movement that she knew could help her to survive this training… but probably being in the verge of dying could make her able to manifest the power into a full Djinn Equip.

WC: 3747/4000

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

"Good!"

Sparks flew and Yakuroro shouted as the weapons clashed. The girl's swift counter was met with movements of similar alacrity from the Imuchakk king vessel as he moved his sword to collide with the blade of Noir's scythe. A fluid motion parried her attack rather than blocking it leaving their weapons touching. Yakuroro applied the inhuman strength granted to him by his race in attempts to push Noir back in order to put some distance between them. "From now on your morning training will consist of sparring with me. Then we will be on the road in the afternoon. During that time you'll stay out of sight inside the wagon and try to manage a full djinn equip. Understood?" Yakuroro would wait for a positive reply from the young woman before nodding and charging in towards her.

The training Yakuroro provided was harsh but fair. He held back the Imuchakk strength his body possessed, but his attacks were no less slower or aimed at less dangerous targets on Noir's frame. He fought dirty when it was practical by going for her eyes or other vitals. He kicked dirt into her face using his weapon or feet. He used his fists or knees to strike at her physically when his weapon was occupied by dealing with her own. Even if Yakuroro was "holding back" his strength, it would be a stretch to say he was going easy on her during their daily sparring sessions. The days would continue like this until finally they had reached Reim. Whether or not Noir could complete her Djinn equip by then was up to her own determination.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

“Understood.” Noir replied with determination and got ready for another attack from Yakuroro. He was an Imuchakk and it was not easy to keep up with the inhuman strength that he got, not to mention that Noir’s body was not as strong as a fighter although she always tried to keep her shape up. It was no doubt that she needed more training if she want to have a stronger body, so she would use the sparring as the way for her to at least increase her stamina more. The way they train was a little bit unique if Noir could say, every day in the training the Imuchakk would push her to the edge and it would make her need to give more effort in order to withstand the attack and all the tricks that he did towards her. She knew it was necessary and she wouldn’t protest about it, sometime the attack when through and she got hit pretty badly. She could feel her ribs were cracked a due to the attack she received from Yakuroro but she would keep going until she couldn’t really stand it anymore or if her mentor decided to give her time to train her own Djinn Equip manifestation.

The training that she did on her own was more into helping her manifest the form of the djinn equip, along with giving her time to feel Dantalion’s power as well as the chant that was required. She was only able to get some of the chant’s part but she believe the more she put her effort in her training, she would be able to get the full chant to summon the equip. One day, in the middle of her morning training when she thought was the harshest than the previous sparring that she done before, Noir was almost down because she realized that she would never be able to beat him even though it was clear enough that the man already tried to hold back. Then with her frustration slowly crept in her mind, Noir gritted her teeth and her movement became a little bit sloppy when she swung her scythe. It was when she heard a familiar voice inside her head again, it was not her mother, she knew it… it was her own self which was residing in the dark side. The laugh from her wicked side could be heard, mocking her for her own helplessness. Enraged by it, Noir grunted and her irises turned into crimson color again. She screamed mentally for her wicked side to shut up and let her focus on the training, although Yakuroro wouldn’t be able to notice it because she kept her face as flat as usual all the time. However if he really paid attention, he would be able to notice the slight frown from the girl.

“If only you let me do it… it will be so much faster…” said the voice, it was accompanied by laughter.

Then it would continue, “It is okay… it is for your own good… Oh!” The voice paused before let out another sinister laugh again, “I forgot… You are a stubborn girl… Oh well… I will tell you a secret…”

Noir would fall to the ground due to the force of the attack that Yakuroro landed on her even though she already tried to block it by using her scythe. “No… don’t…” She mumbled to herself before trying to get up on her feet so she could counter the man. Swing after swing was landed and she thought that she might need to manifest Djinn Equip to show her mentor that she was not a weak girl.

“Nah… he didn’t say it… but you know… he thinks about it all the time… weak little girl… so helpless. I can help you though…”

Noir gritted her teeth again and her eyes became even redder than before, the once blank expression changed into a very different one. She frowned, she wanted to be stronger but she didn’t want everyone to underestimate her like this. She needed more time to be stronger and she was trying right now, was she ungrateful of the training that Yakuroro had given for her? Was she ungrateful for the power that she got from Dantalion? No, she wanted to use the chance so she could become stronger… she wanted it. “I can do it by myself.” She said to herself mentally and she would land another attack towards her mentor before closing her eyes. She could hear the other voice calling her a foolish girl before disappearing like it never appeared before. Then she could hear a whisper from a voice that she recalled, but never expected to hear it like this. She was not sure about it but she would follow it, then she began to say something. “O’ Djinn of Drought and Dehydration, heed my will. Bestow upon me your unyielding power to vaporize the resolution of my enemies. Desiccate, Dantalion!”

She could feel her armband glowing and it began to emit vapor that would engulf Noir’s body, making her feel the warmth all over her skin. The black haired girl could feel her body was covered with power and it had similar feeling with when she summoned her weapon equip although this was stronger, it was as if her body itself was becoming the vessel of the manifestation. When the vapor disappeared into thin air, the female would find herself standing with a different form. Her once black hair turned into silver colored locks and grew longer; her attire changed as well into black colored one and several skulls and horns was decorating it. The skulls were emitting vapor, as if they were alive and breathing it. “This…” The black haired girl lifted her left hand that was not wielding the scythe and saw it was covered with a glove and sharp steel nails. “Dantalion’s Djinn Equip…”

Bone Dry Efforts[Training|Noir] Djinnequip_zpszyecixpq

Yakuroro would be able to see the vapor emitting from Noir’s body and her now different form that looked like a black colored sand cat. “Am I right?” She stared at the man, waiting for his confirmation. She knew it was, but she needed somebody to tell her that she managed to manifest the power into her armband and into her own body, making it filled with power that she never felt before.

WC: 4806/4000

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Throughout Noir's training Yakuroro could see the internal conflict the girl was going through in her expressions. He knew nothing of the true nature in just how truly split her consciousness was, but he could tell that the new king vessel had some kind of inner strife that she would need to work through before she could ascend to a new peak of power. Such distractions would make it hard to control her magoi properly for the djinn equip after all. However, he would make no efforts to pry into the source behind Noir's self doubt. Not only was it not his place, but this training was as much about empowering Noir as it was about testing her. The girl would be of no use to Yakuroro if she could not grasp the power of a djinn on her own. While he did intend to manipulate her, the Imuchakk magician did not desire a timid puppet that had no will of its own. Such a tool would lack the passion needed to fight against a force so grand and massive as fate itself.

The sparring and training seemed to fill most of the time of the days, the traveling going by quickly making it seem as tough time itself had sped up until at last the morning had come. Noir finally managed to complete her djinn equip with a magnificent display. Yakuroro shielded his face with one hand to protect it from the wafting hot air that blew away from Noir's body as she transformed donning the power of her djinn. "Well done, Noir! You've completed the djinn equip splendidly!" Yakuroro congratulated her with a smile. Celebrations would be made by stopping at a small town just a days distance from the capital itself. There, they could splurge on fine wine and good food to take joy in the fact that Noir's training was completed before they reached Remano.

Now all that was left was to make the next day's trek and they would be there.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum