Lexiara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job Name: Linking to Something Larger, Pt. II
Job Rank: D
Job Location: Plains
Job Rewards: 50 XP/3,000 Huang
Job Prerequisites: Part I
Job Overview: Baby Wolf Spider was just a beginner in the circle of the Black Spiders and reported to Widow. Lexi must investigate the Widow and see about how many people Widow has connections to. Find a way to infiltrate by taking over the identity of the Baby Wolf Spider to gain more information.

Lexiara had spent much time looking through the information she had stolen from the Baby Wolf Spider, even managing to find a guide to the cape she had found. It apparently was used to transform a person’s appearance to mimic anyone they had seen before. It would have been very useful to the Baby Wolf Spider while searching for people to kidnap and enslave, easily able to trick any of the people they came across. It would also have kept their true identity a secret. Keeping this in mind, she began to slowly formulate a plan. What she was thinking of might be dangerous if she were found out, but the potential was too much for her to pass up. First, she would need to learn to control the cloak and so she began practicing with it, mimicking the other people in the settlement and seeing if she were able to fool anyone. Normally, she would have simply asked Shana how successful she was, but the woman had left with Ayero, along with the three children. A pang of misery struck Lexi as she thought of her daughter traveling so far away without being able to see her. Lexi fully trusted Ayero to protect her child, but it was hard, not having Nymeria’s adorable face to return to at the end of the day.

After a week or so, she was confident enough in her ability to use the cloak effectively to initiate her plan. Lexi knew the best way to gather more information on the culprits responsible for the enslavement of the people of the Plains would be to infiltrate the ranks. People would be less guarded around a fellow slave trader and the best option she could think of was to convince everyone that she was the Baby Wolf Spider. She began concocting stories about his alleged death, knowing it was likely to raise some eyebrows if anyone had heard of his demise. If she were going to pull this off, she would need to convince everyone that the Baby Wolf Spider had either narrowly managed to escape with his life or had, in fact, slaughtered his encampment himself after suspecting one was a traitor. Given the lack of slaves now available, she felt the first one was more believable and began looking through the Baby Wolf Spider’s documents to find when the next meeting with his contact, Widow, would be.

Lexi rehearsed her lie about the Baby Wolf Spider as she road towards the arranged meeting place, a small permanent village a few day’s ride from her settlement. Before she came into sight of the settlement, she arranged the cloak, ensuring it covered her before feeding magoi into the tool and activating Polymorph. While she did not feel any differently, she knew her appearance would have changed to that of the Baby Wolf Spider as she road into town. The look on the villager’s faces, distrust and fear, confirmed that she was successful as she rode to the small tavern arranged in the middle of the village. It was one of the few villages on the Plains that sported permanent structures, relying on their location to act as a trading hub and ensuring they would not need to move to chase food or supplies. Entering the tavern, the small building was relatively quiet even before she entered and she assumed Widow must already have arrived. There, in the corner, was her contact. Widow was not much to look at, just an average looking man with piercing blue eyes that seemed to dare a person to lie to him. Lexi cautiously sat down at the table, careful to keep her mannerisms as a male, not a female. Even her voice rolled out in a deep baritone instead of her normal alto.

“I heard you were dead.”

“Yes, well, tales of my death were overrated. I managed to slip out in the commotion and let whoever attacked my camp believe I was dead. Do you blame me?”

Widow scrutinized the illusion of Baby Wolf Spider’s face, seeming to weigh the truth of the matter before chuckling and shaking his head, raising his hand to signal another round from the timid woman behind the bar. It seemed her ruse had worked. Widow immediately began chatting about other prospective sales, using code words like ‘cattle’ and ‘goats’ to keep anyone from becoming suspicious, though there was no doubt in Lexi’s mind that every person in the tavern knew who they were and what they did. But, it seemed her disguise had worked, which meant she could begin to destroy the Black Spiders from the inside out.

[500+/500]
[Magoi/Stamina 270/300]

Ability/Item Used:

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum