You are not connected. Please login or register

Profession idea - Modifying.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Profession idea - Modifying.  Empty Profession idea - Modifying. 01/12/15, 03:34 pm

Kabutop

Kabutop
A-Tier
A-Tier

The idea is using a profession to modify a weapons forum. Example melting down an amulet and forging into a ring. This would change the object's shape and make it accessible to more people.

1. Figured id suggests, considering the wider range of items being made, and I get the impression they will keep coming. [Maybe once a month or every 2-3 months]. 
  2. Someone might the effect, of an item though in its forum might be competently different to their character.
  3. Gives another aspect to the profession.   

Things I see as conditions

1. The change must make sense, you can't turn a sword into a straw hat. 
  2. A significant cost to change an items spec target [Sword into Bow, or Sheild into battle axe]. 
  3. Ability is only transferable, if not dependent on it being its current thing. 
  4. On buying an item, you must wait a week if you intend to use this process. 

On a side note, for people who know about My toon Kabuto. what profession do you think would fit. Best.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Profession idea - Modifying.  New_Signature

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I do not think I would be okay with changing the SPEC of an item (from sword to bow, for example), however reasonable changes like... a sword to a dagger... a ring to a necklace, that type of thing, seems reasonable. I would want the job to require the same WC as the tier of the item.

However, I am concerned by the complete lack of input from anyone else. I am wary to add elements that others find unnecessary or useless, so I would like to see input from others on this topic :)

Profession idea - Modifying.  Ari%20Sigs_zpsn7c2bhju

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

My only problem with this is magic tools. The idea is fine to me from an OOC standpoint, but IC it has a major problem. If you break the magic circle on a magic tool, it becomes a mundane item. This even applies to Djinn Equip weapons as seen in canon.

Melting down and de-constructing an item would logically include the destruction of the magic circle in most cases. Reforging the item into a new shape if fine and dandy, but without a magicion capable of making magic tools present to enchant the item once more with a new magic circle, it would lose its status as a magic tool.

One of the pros being listed is the main reason why I would LIKE to support the idea. The pro I'm talking about is how a player might like the effect of something but find that its appearance doesn't fit their character at all.

A possible approach we could take is to allow players to request an edit to an item's appearance/description when purchased in the shop or won from an event/dungeon. This way, staff has oversight over what changes can be made, which prevents some of the more crazy and unreasonable changes, and players can potentially customize items to better suit their needs and tastes.

Thank you all, for everything.

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As there has been very little interest in this, we will abstain from adding this as a feature to professions.

Profession idea - Modifying.  Ari%20Sigs_zpsn7c2bhju

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum