A Day in the Library

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Day in the Library  Empty A Day in the Library 17/10/15, 10:33 pm

Job Durkfahl

Job Durkfahl
C-Tier
C-Tier

Job Description:

It was an early start for me today, I went down stairs and sat in my kitchen looking reading the latest findings of Magnostadt academy apparently doing more research into water and life magic for better healing prospects. Eventually the rest of the family gets up and I make the breakfast before they all go to the academy. My eldest brother, Isaac a blue magician who works at the library usually, told me that they needed some people to help today since a few of the librarians were working on mixing healing magic with water magic to help restore magoi even faster. "You know that library very well." he pointed out "You could finish staking the books for us!" As disinclined as I was to do a petty task like that, I figured that it would be a good experience for me and it would look good for when I go to the academy next year.
I agreed, put on my scarf and walked with my brother to the library. It was gigantic and beautiful the smell of old books permeated the air around it I went inside and was absolutely appalled by what I saw! All the books were everywhere strewn about like no one cared. My brother said that it was all the water and life magic books to help in the research. Before I was able to fully protest the job given to me my brother had left and I was alone. This will take all day I'm not going to be able to do anything else.
I got started putting all these books away. Starting with the life magic books although I wasn’t a purple magician I had a general idea of what was going one since Isaac would give me details as to what it entails. When I was finally finished with the painstaking task of putting the life magic books back I turned my attention to the myriad of water books. I never bothered to look at them as I was absolutely exhausted I only managed to take a glace at some of the more complex first aid spells that one could do by using the water in ones organs to heal them. I don’t think it will stick though; it was really complex! I don’t think I’ve seen the rukh being ordered in such a way before.  There were only a few more books left to put away when my brother came to get me. “How is your research going?” I asked as I finally put the final book away. “We’re making progress but getting the rukh to heal people faster is a lot more difficult than we thought”

“I see, is that why the water and life magic books on the subject scattered everywhere?” I said as we trudged tiredly back to the house.

Yep, we’ve been working on this for the past month and a half. Odds are that the books will be put astray again soon. If you want you can do it…” before he could finish I was half way home there was no way in hell I was going back to the library to take on that seemingly endless task again.

532/500

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum