Lost and Found [Job/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lost and Found [Job/Solo] Empty Lost and Found [Job/Solo] 27/09/15, 09:59 pm

Greyfield

Greyfield
C-Tier
C-Tier

Job Details:

It was a regular day in the sands near Heliohapt, or a regular as it could be in an arid and expansive environment. The sands seemed unending broken only by the outline of structures manmade or otherwise. In this environment that would be considered a hell by some individuals lies countless records and artifacts of civilizations long past. One could make a fair bit of money by helping people interested in the lost history held within those structures and Natalia was one such person. “Investigate an ancient site and bring back a tome and an artifact? I can do that!” she would say before running off into the distance simultaneously giving the liaison cold sweats for fear that he sent a young girl to her death.

Natalia, who had spent a third of her life in the deserts surrounding Heliohapt , knew of a few ancient sites and had a particular one in mind for this job. “A tome and artifact could both be found in a temple however, those are the locations most likely to have been picked clean.” The substitute artifact hunter thought. “I suppose I’ll just have to find one so deep in the desert which few actually chose to venture out. Going that far in requires a few preparations, I’ll need water and something to protect the items from the elements. If I’m lucky the round trip will only take three days.  If I’m going to go I should eat to energize myself.

After eating enough food to satisfy four people, she would set out into the desert walking continuously for 36 hours finally stopping when her body needed a break which would happen to be when she was within a kilometer of the temple. She rested for a few minutes in the noon desert sun, her poncho and Imuchakk heritage heavily mitigating the effect of the climate, and then proceeded to walk towards the ruin.

When she was within a stones of the structure she noted that if was in surprisingly good shape having kept seeming to have kept its form though its overall appearance had been relentlessly weathered by the desert winds. She found what had could have been an entrance though is it was the main, side or back entrance was lost to her and time and slowly pushed the gigantic stones it consisted of apart. The inside was in marvelous condition as the solid doors had protected it or as marvelous a condition an ancient ruin could be in. Quickly surveying the area Natalia found a tome of fairly small size and a bronze orb “These should do” she said aloud as she wrapped then in the cloth see brought. Before complete exiting the premise she thought “This place has been mostly untouched, is quite large and requires some effort to find. How quaint. Perhaps I should come here later.” With those ideas she resealed the stone doors and made the journey back to the city.

Just as the liaison was about to file a missing person report Natalia appeared with the bag. She set it down and opened in front of him revealing the tome and orb with in. “ These are satisfactory but where did you find items in such good condition?” Natalia not wanting to reveal anything useful acted in accordance with her usual persona by pointing towards the horizon and proclaiming “All the way over there” With the vim and vigor of a young child.
I see…” the man said slightly exasperated. Handing a bag of coin to the young girl the man said “I’ll let the historical society know that you’re an asset to be watched. I hope we can do business again” and with that both he a Natalia went their separate ways.

WC: 627/500

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum