You are not connected. Please login or register

The Awesome Rawesome Fana-Squad [MerrzeXAyero]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

As their hands touched the gate, their bodies began to sink forward. It felt like a tug that brought them into another dimension as a blast of light blinded the two. The blindness lasted for what seemed only a moment, and they soon found themselves surrounded by a tunnel of gold. The sensation of falling overcame both of them as the sight of the golden tunnel of light continued to zip past them. Before they knew it they were met by a blanket of darkness. At first they were unable to see any sign of light, but that was only due to their eyes working to adjust to the sudden change. Small lights dotted the vast expanse before them; lights that they would soon recognize as stars, if they didn't know already. Looking down they would see a large blue object with green on the surface. From this object came beams of light.

The orb was a planet, and as this planet rotated a beam of white light slowly approached them. They would find willing movement impossible if they attempted to dodge it, and soon they would find themselves completely surrounded by it. The brightness was only rivaled by the buzzing sound as their entire world became nothing more than white-space for a brief moment.




The two would find themselves having been transported to a large forest. The sounds of life surrounded them; bird calls, scurrying of small wildlife and the sound of rustling plants as creatures moved about their daily lives.

A path paved the way ahead of them, and if the two decided to continue forward they would find that it was quite a grueling walk. Even so, the group's stamina was fantastic; two Fanalis, with their well trained muscles, would not feel the effects of the fatigue from this march.

They came across a fork in the path; one was more traveled than the other. Ayero, from her time in the mountains, would note that the path that shot off to the side was an animal trail. If she looked hard, her hunting experience would show that large bi-pedal creatures had used the path in the past week or so.


OOC:

Keep in mind that the actions of both the companion and contender are judged as 1 person. You two may want to talk, IC and OOC, in order to make sure that you are following the routes you want to follow ^_^.

View user profile

Ayero

avatar
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
The feeling of being pulled through the dungeon gate was something that Ayero didn’t think she’d get used to, no matter how many times it happened. She felt slightly nauseous as she floated in what seemed to be a dark abyss dotted with the light of many stars, her mind too sluggish to keep up with the sudden change of scenery. And yet she felt strangely at ease being engulfed in a white light, her ears filling with a buzzing sound that quickly turned to ringing.

As quickly as it had happened, it was over. Ayero quickly steadied herself, hand hovering over the hilt of her blade as her mind kicked into full alert. Her eyes narrowed in surprise as she took in her surroundings, finding herself in a heavily wooded area. Though she had been told that each dungeon had different scenery, she found it hard to believe that they were not back in their world. A forest? The Fanalis woman inhaled deeply, her nose filling with the scent of heavily wooded air. Even the cries of various woodland creatures sounded familiar.

Strange… As innocuous as it seemed compared to the hellish wasteland Eligos favored, Ayero was still suspicious. Finally, she looked over toward her group and was surprised to see only Merrze. A pang of worry hit her chest as she twisted her head, looking around for her lost companions but found no sight of them. With an exhale, she grumbled. ”Must have gotten separated. I hope they’ll be alright.”

Turning towards Merrze, Ayero cleared her throat and jerked her head toward the one irregularity she had noticed: the paved path. To her it was a little unusual to have a path such as this in the middle of thick woods, but then again they were in a dungeon.

After walking for some while, the pair would come to a fork in the road. Ayero’s brows furrowed as they mulled over the decision of which path to take. Her instinct was to go with the more heavily traveled route, but she considered the side path with a hunter’s gaze. Kneeling down at the edge of the side path, she examined the impressions sunken into the dirt and nibbled at her lower lip in thought.

These foot prints…something big. With two feet. But what? Too big to be a human. She shuddered to think of what sort of monstrous dungeon beast had walked this path. Ayero pursed her lips before straightening and turning toward Merrze. ”It looks like this trail is frequented by some sort of beast. Which do you think we should take?”


──────────────────────────────────────────────

View user profile

Merrze

avatar
A-Tier
A-Tier
Like before entering a dungeon was an oddly beautiful and nauseating experience, the blinding light that consumed them when they first entered was quickly diminished and she could now see a gold light that was absolutely stunning. The white haired girl felt her body being moved, normally she would be admiring something like this but the brightness and the speed made her slightly woozy so critiquing how the way their transportation looked wasn't the first thing on the girls mind. As they were zipping through she was surprised by the darkness that had consumed her and shrouded her completely, then suddenly everything went white and all she could hear was buzzing, but slowly that started to fade and she could see the world that was around her.

The warrior looked in awe and the world that she had arrived in, she knew from Eligos that dungeons could be spectacular, but this seemed like they were still in their world. The Forest was absolutely stunning, she could hear the noises of all sorts of animals, she breathed in the air showing an elated expression. She loved nature, the dungeon made her feel calm which was good since there would be troubles that would most likely arise later. She decided to survey her surroundings a bit, as she looked around she noticed the only other soul there was Ayero.

The fanalis wondered what happened to the other people that had ventured her with them, hopefully, they were okay. Dungeons were dangerous, but if they were accompanying Aye she was sure they could probably fend for themselves well enough to survive in the dungeon. She didn't have the sort of attachment her fellow Colonel probably had but nonetheless she hoped that they would be safe and make it through the dungeon without dying.

"You're right, hopefully, we meet up with them soon, we both know how dangerous dungeons can be. Well, let's get going to see what might be up ahead."

She walked down the path that was presented before them but she though at the moment it was best not to question it. After her past experience she knew strange things appeared in dungeons so she wasn't going to question a simple path, at least until they came upon the fork in the road. She wondered which one they should take until she heard her companion speak about the other path. If there were some sort of creature down that path it would be best to avoid interference, she would fight if it came to it but she would rather take the safe route just in case..

"Well, honestly I think we should go down the bigger path, avoiding disturbing the wildlife and getting in fights, but if we get attacked at all we fight back the best we can. So let's hurry up and go see what's down this path."

The fanalis would lead the way down the path to see what was ahead, there was a chance that the pair would stumble upon monsters down that path too but she thought it to be better safe than sorry in all honesty. Who knows what was down that path but she really didn't want to know what made the tracks that Aye had mentioned.


──────────────────────────────────────────────



Merrze's Vault of Wonders
View user profile
With Merrze and Ayero having made their decision, the two continued to walk forward. The Fanalis team would find the trail rather uneventful; occasionally a deer would perk its head up as they passed by, and then scamper away at quick speed. Ayero and Merrze would be able to tell that, if they wanted to, they would likely be able to meet the speed of the deer at their sprint. As they continued to march on a pair of monkeys seemed to have vested a degree of interest in the two Fanalis. The simians directly approached the outsiders, walking around and scratching their heads while studying the two.



If there was an attempt to shoo them away, they would only leave for a moment before showing up again to follow once more. If either Ayero or Merrze felt them a particular bother, killing them would not be difficult either. As time passed, the monkeys became more and more daring if left alone, until they chose to climb up the shoulders of the two women. They would chatter among themselves excitedly, and stay around for the ride.

At last they found themselves reaching an apex of a small hill that the path wound over.

The Main Hall

A deceptively steep slope sprawled out before them, leading to a small village in the distance. It was a clearing that held this village in its grasp, and the two Fanalis would see large bear-men in the distance. Any approach down the path towards the village would warrant attention from the bears, who would immediately come out to stop them before entering into the village proper. A pile of dead adventurers were set to the side; at Merrze's and Ayero's right. Their wounds were visible, and it could be deduced that they were caused by the weapons held in the bi-pedal creatures before them.

Alone, their Bear hands were likely devastating. With weapons and armor both, it only served to heighten the sense of danger these creatures provided. Two bears walked forward, guardedly. A rather large one, and one with various ornate equipment about him. The village was set up with each side of it having a row of homes. A set of tables holding golden statues, which could be seen through the small gaps between the bears, sat outside of each home. They seemed to be intricate, and were crafted to capture various bears in different stances. Aside from whatever value the bears placed in them, they were quite clearly gold and worth something outside of the dungeon.

A further approach to the bears would yield a curious sound coming from behind the closest house to their right. 'Shhhk, crsssh. Shhhk, crsssh.' It continued, rhythmically, and sounded as if somebody was using a shovel to dig something.

Simultaneously the bear in the center, with a rather large shield and warhammer, roared at the two of them and shook its body in an attempt to intimidate the two. "Roooar. Grarlrl. GRAWR!" The noises it made were unintelligible, and the bears kept their weapons leveled and ready to fight at a moment's notice.


OOC:
There are 6 golden statues. Each one is worth 2,000 OOC Huang if you pick obtain it and leave the dungeon with it.

Opposition:


Enemy Name: Bear Chieftain
Rank: C
Needed damage to take down: C
Description: The Bear Chieftain is a large, 2 meter tall, bear with a C-Tier wooden shield and a C-Tier war-hammer. He speaks a strange tongue, and is capable of running at speeds of 9 m/s.
Abilities:

  • Bearly Blocked: The Bear Chieftain Bearly Blocks an incoming attack at 15m/s, preventing B-Tier damage from the attack.
  • Bear-handed Blow: The Bear Chieftain brings down his war-hammer in a Bear-handed Blow at 15 m/s, imparting C-Tier damage to his opponent.



Enemy Name: Bear Shaman
Rank: D
Needed damage to take down: C (D-Tier borg, D-Tier hp)
Description: The Bear Shaman is a medium sized bear that stands at 1.5 meters. He holds in his hand a wooden staff, and is capable of running at speeds of 6 m/s and flight at 5 m/s.
Abilities:

  • The Bear Necessary Wisdom: The Bear Shaman uses magic, channeling through his staff to create roots at 10 m/s which tie a limb in place for 2 posts.
  • Bearly Get By: The Bear Shaman uses his magic, channeling through his staff as he heals those within a 5 meter cube at 10m/s for D-Tier damage over 2 posts, allowing them to Bearly Get By.



Enemy Name: Bear Warrior x 6
Rank: D
Needed damage to take down: D
Description: The Bear Warriors are medium sized bears that stand at 1.7 meters in height. They hold a variety of D-Tier weapons; swords, axes and warhammers. They are capable of running at 12 m/s.
Abilities:

  • The Bear Force: The Bear Warrior attacks with his weapon of choice at 10 m/s, dealing D-Tier damage.

View user profile

Merrze

avatar
A-Tier
A-Tier
As the white haired girl continued to walk down the path, which seemed like it would go on forever, she noticed that monkeys had started to follow them, they seemed like they were harmless but you never know in things like these, as long as they had done no harm to them she would leave them alone, after all they were causing no real trouble. The small primates seemed to have liked them though since soon they had climbed on their shoulders essentially hitching a ride. She patted the small creature on her shoulder on it's head to some sort of affection after, the creature was small and cute, the fanalis did love animals in general so it was nice to have a little travel buddy, even Fluffy looked at him seeing him as some sort of friend.

As they traveled they soon came across a village which she thought was honestly strange, why was there a village in the dungeon.? She knew dungeons were strange, but she didn't expect there to be anything like a settlement there. If there was a village that most likely meant that it had residents, at least it looked like it was in good shape so it was very probable that it had some sort of people living there. The real question was were the hostile or friendly, guessing from her past experince in a dungeon she knew most of the living creatures were hostile but that could be different here for all she could know.

As the group had started to get closer to the village she began to notice the residents that had occupied the place. She was shocked to see large bear people, she had never expected anything like that to be living her but then again it was a dungeon, there would probably be even stranger things that they would see as the progressed farther through it. Then something putrid had filled her nose, she knew the scent anywhere and it wasn't coming from the bears, as she turned her head she noticed the pile of dead bodies that most likely came from people who came before. And then the warning growl came from the bears, there was a good chance that they might have to fight.

"Aye if you somehow speak bear or have any knowledge of them it would great for you to say as much as you can. I don't know much about them so anything would be really useful right now."

The fanalis stood there relaxed but were in case one of the creatures would attempt to attack them.


──────────────────────────────────────────────



Merrze's Vault of Wonders
View user profile

Ayero

avatar
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
As the pair traveled down the path, Ayero marveled at how similar to the outside world this dungeon was. Her gaze held a note of suspicion though, scanning the scenery with a keen eye. The further they moved into the dungeon, the more realistic it proved to be. This didn’t sit particularly well with the crimson haired Fanalis, nor did the little monkeys following them.

She picked up on their presence quickly, but a quick glance told her that they were likely not harmful. Kabu and Tomato didn’t seem particularly concerned either, which eased the woman slightly. When one of the monkeys clambered onto her back, Ayero’s brow furrowed in mild irritation for a moment, as if she were a frustrated parent dealing with a child. But she was both patient and distracted, and thus did not pay the mischievous creature much mind. Kabu took notice of the little monkey and tilted his head, contemplating his next meal.

Are those...houses?! Ayero’s eyes narrowed as the village came into sight, surprised to see what looked like lived-in structures. As they came upon the little town, she was even more surprised to see that it was populated by large bear-people. After the initial shock was over, the inhabitants of the town took notice of the two Fanalis and approached them. For a moment, Ayero was reminded of Diego and his tiger transformation, leaving her to wonder how these beings obtained their forms, of if they were simply born that way.

As the armored bears approached, Ayero’s muscles tightened and she glanced over to the pile of dead bodies off to the side. Her hand fell to the hilt of her sheathed blade as her eyes traveled from the bodies to the bears, to the village and back again. When the creatures stopped and one growled at them intimidatingly, but did not attack, she felt her body relax somewhat in spite of herself. Ah. They’re protecting their home.

Breifly she was brought back to her time with the Cambulac, a nomadic people in the mountains of Reim who tended to stay away from outsiders. She had made the mistake of accidentally hunting their livestock and had stayed with them until she had repaid their debt, learning their way of life and how to better live off of the land. In some ways, this sitiation reminded her of that time.

When Merrze suggested she speak bear, Ayero arched a brow at the other Fanalis. This could get tricky if neither of us can communicate. Ayero’s face hardened in thought, making it look like she was glaring despite her body language being reserved when a thought struck her.

Moving slowly and deliberately to in an attempt to show that she was not hostile at the moment, Ayero slipped her bag from her shoulder and rummaged inside of it with one hand, keeping both eyes on the bears the entire time. Removing a few pieces of dried meat, the Fanalis calmly walked over to the large bear and held out the meat to him as an offering. Her face reflected a cool exterior, but her heart was beating rapidly in her ribcage and her body was a bit stiff.

Kabu, being close to Ayero could read the woman’s body language and feel her beating heart and tightened around the woman’s torso, his large red eyes now focused on the bears. Tomato on the other hand only saw what was on the outside, not able to read the stone faced woman like the snake. Unconcerned, she hopped about, pecking idly at the ground.


──────────────────────────────────────────────

View user profile
The monkey was frightened at the look Kabu gave it, and immediately began chattering towards its simian friend that was posted on Merrze's shoulder. As the Fanalis duo spoke to each other the monkeys seemed to have reached some sort of understanding with each other. The one hitching a ride on Ayero's shoulder seemed prepared to jump off; it seemed to have become a bit wary of Kabu. The presence of the snake put it on edge.

Climbing down the back of Ayero, the creature's feet squeezed her buttocks before running off to the edge of the forest. Likewise, the monkey that was perched upon Merrze had simultaneously swing from the twin hills on her chest, running towards its little friend. The two would perform a double-high five, if they managed to get away safely, and would chatter happily as they left the village and their objects of curiosity.




Ayero's approach was regarded with a great deal of suspicion. The bears refrained from striking out at her, though that was likely only because she did not seem hostile at the time. Her removal of the dried meat and offering to the bear-men before her did not seem to immediately bestow the desired results. The beast smelled the meat, licked its lips but settled himself deeper into his stance. The creature roared out again; the narrowing of its eyes revealed a rather human emotion of suspicion and prudence over base desires.

Merrze and Ayero's warrior instincts would advise them that while these bears held stances full of openings, and seemed somewhat weak, they would stand firm in battle until the bitter end if necessary. Still, they did not make the first move.

View user profile
Ayero and Merrze stood still during the exchange, and the Bear-men seemed to grow tired of the stress from the tension of their battle-ready stances. Even so, the bears seemed to refuse to make the first move. Stomping one foot into the ground, the bear lifted its other leg and stomped into the ground as well. It seemed as if it was trying to intimidate Ayero once more, as it roared again in front of her.

The sound of digging stopped, and two additional bears came from the right. Each bear was holding a shovel; one of which cried out in what seemed to be a sad tone at the sight of Merrze and Ayero. The smaller of the two, who seemed to be a child, looked up to the other one and nuzzled its head against the creature's fur. There seemed to be something more to these newcomers; the sadness and sagging of the creature's shoulders would be able to strike a tone within Ayero and Merrze both, as if the sight before them was something they had perhaps seen or experienced before.

Though there was a language barrier between the two, the feeling of a profound sadness could be felt to emanate from the group of bears as they saw the actions of these two. There was a lull in their defenses, and if Ayero and Merrze were so inclined they would be able to take advantage of that lull.

OOC:

I would like to repeat that the bears are keeping Ayero and Merrze from entering the village. Other than that, the forest is just like a normal forest. The large tree with strange steps in the distance is not a part of the village.

Ah. Also, you guys didn't post within 48 hours, so I'm posting.

View user profile

Ayero

avatar
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
A slight frown tilted Ayero’s lips as her offer was rejected, the bear reaffirming his stance and letting out another vicious roar. The force from the shout was enough to make her hair shift and she scrunched up her nose from the smell of the bear’s breath. Holding back a grumble, Ayero tightened her hand around the offering of dried meat and slowly lowered her arm, eyes still on the bear.

At that time, the new pair of bears appeared and Ayero allowed herself to glance over to them for a moment. Their faces as well as postures seemed to reflect a sort of weary sadness, and the pile of human corpses suddenly seemed to make more sense. They’ve been attacked before. She felt a pang of sympathy in her heart, the looks on the bears faces bearing a striking similarity to the ones she’d seen of her own people during war. The muscles in her right hand twitched, but she did not grab her sword despite the fact that her opponents didn’t look very organized. I can’t. But I have to do something.


Inhaling deeply, Ayero locked eyes with the bear she had confronted before letting out a yell of her own. The Fanalis Shout would resonate through the air, hopefully immobilizing all of the bears and allowing them to pass through the village unharmed.

[Stamina: 270/290]

Spoiler:
Name: Fanalis Shout
Tier: C
Cost: 20 stamina
Class: Supplementary
Range: 20 meters
Cool-Down: Once per thread
Description: Using a forceful shout traveling at 15 m/s, the user may completely immobilize anyone in a 10 meter diameter cone in front of them, up to 20 meters away for one post.


──────────────────────────────────────────────

View user profile

Merrze

avatar
A-Tier
A-Tier
Merrze was unsure what to do to move one, the bears were in their way, she wanted to get through but at the same time the tall woman didn't want to kill them after all they had done nothing wrong. By the look of it the bear creatures were just trying to live their lives. She didn't want to disrupt things and make things worse for them, life was probably a struggle recently with people invading the dungeon and interfering with their lives. She wanted to think of a way to try and get by without harming them. but she had no way of getting over them, so she would have to try to find a way around or immobilize them.

As the girl looked over she noticed her travelling partner had decided on a plan, she let out a ferocious shot towards the bears in what seemed like an attempt to stop them from moving. It was a good tactic and would result in the bears not being harmed. There was the chance that it would miss, on the off chance she missed any of the bears the white haired warrior would step forth letting out a massive roar in an attempt to stop any that had not been stopped by Aye. Though the entire time, the fanalis gave off a warm and friendly vibe to tell the bears she had no intention of harming them.

If their plan had worked she would walk through the village and try to leave as quickly as possible, the girl would also leave behind some fruit to show no hard feelings towards them. After all at this moment, Ayero and Merrze were the bad guys, she wanted to show them the best that she could that they had no ill intent towards them and their family and simply wanted passage.

Stamina:265/265 or 245/265
Spoiler:
Name: Fanalis Shout
Tier: C
Cost: 20 stamina
Class: Supplementary
Range: 20 meters
Cool-Down: Once per thread
Description: Using a forceful shout traveling at 15 m/s, the user may completely immobilize anyone in a 10 meter diameter cone in front of them, up to 20 meters away for one post.


──────────────────────────────────────────────



Merrze's Vault of Wonders
View user profile
Merrze and Ayero would find their combined efforts effective. The bear-men that were standing before them were immediately stunned; in the wilds it was the norm for a more powerful predator's roar to cause a certain degree of fear and shock to those weaker, and that is exactly what took place before two of the most powerful Fanalis warriors. The two who were digging and came from around the corner, however, were not struck by the shout. They ran towards Ayero and Merrze both, with their shovel held high in the air. Their resolve in attacking the much more experienced fighters... However the choice of running past the stricken warriors and not disturbing their place of living spoke wonders of the two Fanalis. That, combined with their innate speed, caused the pursuing bears to stop in their tracks. It would be an effort of futility, and the two didn't do anything that would warrant their continued chase.

The two would find free reign to climbing the tree's stairs and touch the portal that leads to the next "room". To their right, they would be able to see a trail that winded off into the forest. Where it went, the two may never know, especially with their goal being right before them. An image may be recalled; the choice of the trail less traveled.

View user profile

Merrze

avatar
A-Tier
A-Tier
As the fanalis reached near the end she was happy that now she and her companion would be able to move on, she was also happy that they were able to get by not harming the bears. They would most likely never cross paths again, she had no problem with that, but the white haired hoped that they would be able to live their lives in peace, she also hoped there were no more people to be mauled to death by the large, furry mammals. She looked back slightly as she would soon arrive at the door that would lead them to the next room, she wondered what else this dungeon would hold, and she knew that her excitement levels would only increase as they progressed through it.

She looked over and saw a path when she had arrived at the door, she was curious to as what was down it but she had no idea how far ahead others might be. They always could explore the path but the risk may not be worth it in all honesty. She stood there waiting for her companion to arrive there with her, if she was ready to move on then they would continue on to the next room and see what would await them next, all she knew is that there was a long journey ahead.

Magoi: 245/265


──────────────────────────────────────────────



Merrze's Vault of Wonders
View user profile

Ayero

avatar
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
The combination of both attacks thankfully gave them the range to immobilize all of the warrior bears, and the pair of Fanalis wasted no time in speeding through the small town as quickly as they could muster. Ayero briefly noticed the pair of bears with shovels running towards them, but the young women outclassed the creatures in speed. The golden statues sitting outside of the huts did not escape her notice, but they did not interest her at the time. Such things would only weigh them down physically, and neither of the women seemed to be the greedy type. Ayero was glad that Merrze didn’t seem to pay the statues any mind, instead focusing on their goal.

When they reached the great tree, Ayero glanced over at the path jutting off to the side. Turning back to the tree, her eyes lit up when she recognized the portal. So we’ve cleared the first room without taking damage. This is good. Ayero tilted her head towards the portal. ”This must lead to the next room. Are you ready?” With that, the crimson haired Fanalis extended an arm to touch the portal.

[Stamina: 270/290]


──────────────────────────────────────────────

View user profile
A haze would overcome Merrze and Ayero. The scenery before them scrambled in a zig-zaggy motion, the colors of the forest bleeding together before swirling into a maelstrom. The visual was strong, and the bright vibrant colors of the room they were in prior was suddenly deprived of their warmth; instead replaced with colder and darker colors. A brief sense of lethargy radiated from the effect before everything suddenly came into focus at an incredible speed.

The Midway

Before them was a vast system of roots. There was no open sky to speak of, and the only source of light was the gentle radiance of luminescent moss and fireflies. Crickets sounded off their calls in the background, creating a symphony of song. Though quite dark, their eyes would find no issue adjusting as the moss provided them enough radiance to maneuver. A clear river ran across the base of the wooden ground, both slow and gentle, though too deep to see the bottom of. Above the river several roots, darting from one side to another. It was questionable as to why there were roots so high up, without nutrition to gather from, but that was perhaps a quirk of the dungeon.

Upon these sloping roots were a series of huts supported by stilts. There was no sign of current occupation, though they were not out of shape which conferred the fact that there was at least recent occupation. There was an eerie sense of being the object of attention in this room, all the more eerie due to it being akin to a ghost town. Tension began to slowly build within the air, as if there was something or someone watching them. Expecting something of them. This feeling would continue to persist for some time...

There was a stairway to their right that could lead upwards, if they wished to take that route and investigate the buildings on stilts. Otherwise, they could choose to take a dip in the water.

View user profile

Ayero

avatar
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
The first thing Ayero noticed about the next room in the dungeon was how peaceful it was. At first she thought that it was night, but after glancing upwards she found that all she could see were massive roots growing upwards, obscuring whatever sky there was. This realization didn’t sit well with the Fanalis woman, and the back of her mind wrestled with some children’s tale about bean stalks. Upon further inspection, Ayero could see little huts dotted along the landscape, but no movement within or around them. How strange. It sounds and feels like night, but yet… Ayero’s eyes narrowed, the woman growing more unsettled by the moment.

As they trekked through the new scenery, Ayero tried to peer into the small houses, hoping to catch a glimpse of something—or to confirm that they were empty. Frustration etched into the woman’s face when she realized that it was simply too dark and they were too far from them to see much. She kept her hand tightened on the hilt of her blade as they moved, posture reflecting her wariness. The last creatures they encountered—though hostile—seemed rational in their defense. But they couldn’t be guaranteed that the other beasts here would be so human-like.

When they happened upon a staircase, Ayero turned to her partner. ”This looks like the only way to keep advancing. It leads to those buildings, though…and I’m wary of them. What do you think, Merrze?”


[Stamina: 270/290]


──────────────────────────────────────────────

View user profile

Merrze

avatar
A-Tier
A-Tier
The fanalis noticed the chance in scenery, she patted her animal on the back and looked at her partner. The area she had entered was so calm and serene to her and it helped calm down her down as she felt the tranquility washing over her body, her first instinct was to look around the area and try and get a grip on how different this area was and what type of things they would face in the room while it was calm there was also an eerie feeling that was creeping up on the white haired girl, even though things had seemed calm she had known from going into a dungeon before that there were a lot of unexpected things so pretty much and thing could happen.

The warrior looked to see what their options were, there were the huts but for some reason they made her feel slightly uneasy making her want to avoid them, they still looked as if something had been there recently and she didn't want to risk of running into them because she thought it was highly unlikely that every creature would be like those bears that they had encountered before, she felt for some reason the next time creatures they would run into would not be so friendly, they could also swim in the water but she was sure neither one of them were suited for water combat so she wanted to avoid swimming too, it felt as if she was in a picky situation.

"Well it seems the huts would seem like our best options unless we had some way of getting across the water without actually swimming in it."


──────────────────────────────────────────────



Merrze's Vault of Wonders
View user profile
The traveling to the stairs would provide no sudden bouts of danger for either of the Fanalis warriors, and their subsequent decision to climb those very same stairs produced similar results. The buildings seemed to have been built sturdily, and simply studying them from outside would show their windows being in the form of wooden bars rather than glass or simple holes in the wall. There was a ramp ahead and to the right, which lead into another group of houses standing on stilts.

Unlike the location they were in now, the other small cropping of buildings held movement from within. Suddenly a set of spears shot out; one went up in the sky, while another whizzed straight towards Merrze. A screech could be heard from above as something with wings fell to the ground on one of the roots; this was the catalyst of a number of noises and a flurry of action as a small horde of flying creatures began to come out of the woodwork.

Flying creature:


Jumping creature:




Regardless of how Merrze decided to deal with the spear, the next area to their immediate right was embroiled in fighting. A set of four of the Thri-Kreen came running up the way, and 6 of the flying creatures immediately gave pursuit. A Thri-Kreen jumped into the air, showing an incredible means of jumping power as it sliced into one of the more careless Flying Forest Pixies. As it came back to the ground it was already biting into the creature. It looked like this group was staring mostly at the two Fanalis. It was the stare of a hungry person.

Merrze and Ayero would have enough time to decide whether they wanted to attempt to head inside a building or if they wanted to fight on the footing of the root outside of the building.

OOC:

You may choose to be inside or outside of the house in your post. Next post they will be within range of striking you (if nothing strange happens. Also,you may have the first strike if you wish).

4 Thri-Kreen are coming for you guys at this moment. There are 5 Flying Forest Pixies thingies.

Opposition:


Enemy Name: Thri-Kreen x4
Rank: C
Needed damage to take down: C
Description: The Thri-Kreen is a 1.8 meter tall insectoid; it has 4 arms, with two C-Tier sickles and is capable of dealing C-Tier damage with the claws or pincers on its face. This creature is capable of running at speeds of 12 m/s, and is capable of jumping 20 meters high at 15 m/s.
Abilities:

  • Mantis Exterminator: The Thri-Kreen sends out 2 C-Tier strikes with their sickle at 15 m/s.
  • Four-Armed Crush:The Thri-Kreen jumps towards its opponent at 15 m/s, covering 10 meters, and attempts to crush its target within the grasp of its 4 arms for C-Tier damage.



Enemy Name: Forest Mantis Pixie x5
Rank: D
Needed damage to take down: D
Description: The Forest Mantis Pixie is .5 meters in size and is capable of flight at 8 m/s. They hold within their hands a D-Tier glaive-type spear, .3m in size. Though small, it is still able to deal sizeable damage against its natural foes depending on how it is used.
Abilities:

  • Sprite Kite: The sprite slices at an opponent at 10m/s, dealing D-Tier damage and flying back 5 meters at the same speed after swinging.
  • Sprite Defense: The sprite moves their glaive in a circular fan-like motion, swiping away incoming attacks and preventing up to C-Tier damage.

View user profile

Ayero

avatar
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
As the pair ascended the stairs, Ayero kept her hand tight on the hilt of her blade, ready for any sort of surprise attack. That surprise came when two spears seemed to appear from nowhere, one heading straight for Merrze. Ayero whipped around and sliced at the projectile aimed for her companion, teeth grinding in tension. At least the suspense was over, but the pair had been thrown out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Almost immediately thereafter, a screech sounded, signaling approaching company. They don’t look friendly… Ayero frowned as one of the mantis-like creatures snatched one of the pixies out of the air, gnawing on its body with a familiar look of hunger in its eyes. A sudden thought struck the Fanalis woman, and with one hand on her blade, she used her other hand to rummage through her bag, producing a few slabs of dried meat. She tossed it at the creatures, hoping that it would distract them long enough for she and Merrze to avoid confrontation.

Just in case the meat did not have the desired effect, Ayero would ready her bow. She would wait until the creatures were within 10m of eachother but further than 10m for her and Merrze before firing a Shatter Shot, aiming for the centermost creature. With luck, the resulting explosion would catch most or all of the forest creatrues.

[250/290]

Spoiler:
Name: Shatter Shot (Way of Old)
Tier: C
Cost: 20 Stamina|10 Sustained
Weapon Type: Bow
Class Offensive
Range: 30 m
Cool-Down: 3 posts +1 sustain
Description: Ayero fires a specially crafted arrow with a hollow clay tip filled with shards of metal at 20 m/s that travels up to 30 m. When the arrow head makes contact with an object, it will explode and launch shrapnel in a 10 m diameter, dealing C-tier cutting damage to anything within 10 m.


──────────────────────────────────────────────

View user profile

Merrze

avatar
A-Tier
A-Tier
As they ascended up the stairs she felt a strange feeling in her stomach but the white haired girl decided to just stay cautious, she felt the tension building as they moved but she had no idea why and it only made her natural fanalis instinct more wary of what might come. The fanalis looked around and keeping guard as they moved trying to make sure nothing had snuck upon them for some sort of sneak attack. She looked closer at the huts and she was now sure that something had been here recently but currently wasn't here at this exact moment, and knowing dungeons it wouldn't be very good if they were to run into dangerous monster, especially up around structures where she could possibly get cornered in some way.

As they approached she saw a spear coming her way but her partner had managed to take care of it before any harm had come her way. The warrior looked at what had come to attack them for invading the territory, as she looked at them she noticed that they had a distinct look to them, it wasn't as if they were out to kill but it was as if they were hungry, they needed something to eat by the looks of it, she looked over and it seemed her partner had the same idea and had offered some dry meats. To be cautious she pulled some dried fruits out of her bag and threw them to the beasts on the chance meat wasn't in their diets.

The fanalis would wait to see what would happen next, if they were to attempt to attack her again then she would be ready to leap into combat on the chance that it was needed. She also kept an eye on Aye so they could work together to the best of their ability,


──────────────────────────────────────────────



Merrze's Vault of Wonders
View user profile
Ayero would find her throw of the meat to be a wise decision as the creatures stopped in their tracks to pick it up and tear into it; the beasts seemed focused on feeding their hunger, and did not advance further at first. It was the Pixie's turn to counterattack, and three swooped down to kill one of the Thri-Kreen with their Sprite Kite, hitting the creature in three different places before flying up and away from the creatures below.

The Thri-Kreen, however, did not care much for this; three of the remaining ones jumped with their Four-Armed Crush. One of them missed completely, and two of the Thri-Kreen were after the same target. They got in each other's way, but one was able to grasp onto a Forest Mantis Pixie and crush the creature before beginning to devour its prey.

The other Pixies flew up and away, 15 meters above the Thri-Kreen and outside of their range of easily being able to jump up and kill them. Screeching in frustration, the Forest Mantis Pixies couldn't do much.

The Thri-Kreen now kept an eye on both the Mantis Pixies and the two Fanalis. They knew they wouldn't be able to catch the Pixies at this time, but the two that were ground-bound seemed like good prey to them. Still, they wanted their complete strength back before initiating a combat with these unknown meat-creatures before them.

OOC:

Thri-Kreens are sizing Ayero and Merrze up. They are currently 15 meters away from the two. I am under the assumption that Ayero didn't use her ability because the Thri-Kreen stopped when she threw meat at them.


Opposition:


Enemy Name: Thri-Kreen x3
Rank: C
Needed damage to take down: C
Description: The Thri-Kreen is a 1.8 meter tall insectoid; it has 4 arms, with two C-Tier sickles and is capable of dealing C-Tier damage with the claws or pincers on its face. This creature is capable of running at speeds of 12 m/s, and is capable of jumping 20 meters high at 15 m/s.
Abilities:

  • Mantis Exterminator: The Thri-Kreen sends out 2 C-Tier strikes with their sickle at 15 m/s.
  • Four-Armed Crush:The Thri-Kreen jumps towards its opponent at 15 m/s, covering 10 meters, and attempts to crush its target within the grasp of its 4 arms for C-Tier damage.



Enemy Name: Forest Mantis Pixie x4
Rank: D
Needed damage to take down: D
Description: The Forest Mantis Pixie is .5 meters in size and is capable of flight at 8 m/s. They hold within their hands a D-Tier glaive-type spear, .3m in size. Though small, it is still able to deal sizeable damage against its natural foes depending on how it is used.
Abilities:

  • Sprite Kite: The sprite slices at an opponent at 10m/s, dealing D-Tier damage and flying back 5 meters at the same speed after swinging.
  • Sprite Defense: The sprite moves their glaive in a circular fan-like motion, swiping away incoming attacks and preventing up to C-Tier damage.

View user profile
The Thri-Kreen began to size up the opposition, and were sized-up in return as both Merrze and Ayero stood at a standstill. It was very much akin to a Mexican Standoff, but it was the Thri-Kreen who made the first move. Having recovered from their rest, but still interested in sating their hunger further, the three remaining creatures dove towards the two Fanalis Corp members. Two charge straight for Merrze; one of them, after it moved within 10 meters of the Fanalis, performed its Four-Armed Crush technique. If Merrze didn't react, the creature would grasp the Fanalis woman and work on crushing her bones beneath its grasp. While such an attack wouldn't instantly kill the woman, nobody would want to find themselves on the receiving end of two of those attacks; it would make resistance impossible.

The second Thri-Kreen shot forward seconds after the first one arrived and struck out at Merrze, performing its Mantis Exterminator. Though devised to take down Forest Mantis Pixies, the Thri-Kreen's chopping technique would be equally as deadly if either of the two strikes hit their intended targets; Merrze's neck and gut from her right-hand side.


Ayero had her own opponent to worry about before helping out Merrze, if she didn't manage to make quick work of it. She, too, was on the receiving end of a Four-Armed Crush. Having already lost a member of its team, this one was a bit more precaution than the two that had doubled up on an opponent; it watched for attacks from Ayero, with plans to strike down those attacks with its Mantis Exterminator before it attempted to perform its crush. Only if no attacks were forthcoming when Ayero came into its range would it grasp the Fanalis with all four arms.


OOC:

The Mantis Exterminator is considered a B-Tier ability for the sake of clashing against both strikes, as an fyi.

View user profile

Ayero

avatar
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Ayero’s tactic had worked, but unfortunately both she and Merrze spent too much time hesitating in their plan to take advantage of the distraction. As the Thri-Kreen once again moved forward toward the Fanalis women, Ayero ground her teeth.and drew her blade. The warrioress assumed a wider stance but did not attack, waiting for her opponent to come within range. She had briefly seen what these beasts could do, so she watched carefully for an opening.

When the Thri-Kreen came towards her and attempted a Four Arm Crush, Ayero steadied herself and used Parare to parry away the four arms coming toward her. As she was parrying away the four arms, Tomato hovered near the Thri-Keen, careful not to get caught in the crossfire if she could help it. Holding back a determined cry, the red bird launched a Sharp Feather at the beast attacking her Fanalis friend. If that missed, Ayero would attempt to bisect the beast from head to toe with her blade.

Should the creature be destroyed, Ayero would asses the situation with Merrze as quickly as possible. If she still had enemies to deal with, Ayero would perform a quick but deep jab from behind one of the Thri-Kreen.

[240/290]

Spoiler:


Name: Parare (Way of Old)
Tier: D
Cost: 10 Stamina|5 Sustained
Weapon Type: Sword
Class Defense
Range: Close
Cool-Down: 2 Posts + 1 Sustain
Description: Ayero parries away up to C-tier damage with her blade at 10 m/s.

Name: Sharp Feather (Way of Old)
Tier: C
Cost: 20 Stamina|10 Sustained
Role: Assassin
Range: 15 meters
Cool-Down: 3 posts+1 sustain
Description: Tomato fires a single hardened feather from her wing at 20 m/s. This feather does C-tier slicing damage on impact and can fly for 15 meters before losing speed and dropping to the ground. Each feather is ~20cm (8") long.


──────────────────────────────────────────────

View user profile

Merrze

avatar
A-Tier
A-Tier
Since they had spent too much time being idle instead of moving on their plan had seemed to fail, she felt bad, but there was nothing she could do about it now. She would have to think fast because it seemed as if the creature would soon to attack her, normally she wouldn't interrupt the hungry creatures but the white haired girl thought the opposite now that they were trying to harm her, she would simply defend herself from the attacks of the creatures as they had come after to attack her she clashed the first attack coming from first one by shooting a bolt of lightning from her amulet to collide with it and still deal damage to the creature. The girl then used her left hand to shoot a stream of slime to clash with the second ones attack hoping to kill it.

She would avoid fighting the pixies and would hopefully be able to move on after killing the creatures, she felt as if they spent a good amount of idling and she hoped to start moving on and such. She wondered what things were further in the dungeon.

Magoi: 215/265
items used:
Name: Shocking Circle
Tier: B
Type: Amulet
Magic Type: Lightning
Appearance: A 10 cm amulet set with a gem that appears to have lightning actively dancing across it. The magic circle is inscribed on the back.
Function:

[list][*]By paying 15 magoi, the user may create a single lightning bolt that strikes at 20 m/s capable of inflicting B-tier damage to a target within 20 meters of the user. This ability may be sustained by paying 15 magoi each post. 5 post cool-down.

]Name: Dripping Glove
Tier: B
Type: Glove
Magic Type: Slime Magic [Life + Water]
Appearance: A green and silver glove approximately 30 cm long.
Function:
[list]
[*]The user may pay 15 magoi to launch a 1 meter diameter stream of slime at 20 m/s up to 15 meters away from themselves to deal B-tier damage and slow movement speed by 5 m/s. Cool-down of 5 posts.


──────────────────────────────────────────────



Merrze's Vault of Wonders
View user profile
Ayero skillfully deflected the blows of her opponent, though it came close to grasping her in its crushing grip. Simply put, the speed of her defense was only barely enough to keep up with the speed of her enemy's offense; a show of a warrior who was experienced and understood how to put in just the right amount of effort in order to neutralize the attacks that approached her.

Tomato struck with a fierce majesty, firing off a Sharp Feather that sunk into the beast's skull and killed it on the spot.

At the same time there was a fight that took place with Merrze and the two Thri-Kreen that had targeted the other Fanalis woman. Seemingly ready for the combat that ensued, Merrze activated a magical tool of hers to send forth a Shocking  Circle of energy. The Thri-Kreen's Four-Armed Crush struck out at the bolt, and the energy from that lightning weakened when confronted with the power behind the Mantis' attack.

The second creature had shot forward as well, performing a Mantis Exterminator on the Fanalis who had attempted to stop the creature in its tracks and defeat it soundly with the help of her Dripping Glove. The stream nearly collided with the creature when two simultaneous strikes came forth prematurely from the Mantis Exterminator, completely negating the ability as it continued to rush forward.

Merrze had miscalculated the power behind the creature's attack, however she was soundly covered by Ayero's keen assessment of the situation. Ayero successfully sent a stab to the back of the Thri-Kreen, removing its presence from the battlefield as the creature slumped down to the root in death.

With the death of all 4 of the Thri-Kreen, 3 of which were attributed to Ayero and Merrze, the pixies let out an unintelligible cheer. They were quite excited, lifting their spears high in the air and flying down from their safety above. One approached Merrze and tugged on the sleeve of her clothing, pointing to the root further down and to their right; there were more pixies and mantis fighting below. It seemed as if the pixies were trying to somehow ask the two for their help.

OOC:

12 pixies and 6 Thri-Kreen are below. It is a distance of 20 meters horizontally and 10 meters vertically from you all (22 meters diagonally). The Pixies are flying 20 meters in the air away from the Thri-Kreen, but occasionally a Thri-Kreen is able to jump up and comes close to hitting them. The battle seems to be in favor of the Thri-Kreen, and there looks to be purchase in the walls for them to use as springboards to attack any straying pixies. The Thri-Kreen are spread out in a 20 meter line, with about 3 meters between any 2 Thri-Kreen.

The pixies are currently confined to a restricted air-space, but seem to be ready to mount an attack at any moment.

View user profile

Ayero

avatar
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
After the Thri-Kreen had been beaten, Ayero took little notice of the cheering pixies. The Fanalis woman instead unfurled her magic carpet, intent on using the cloth to speed through the rest of the dungeon. After seeing how fast both the pixies and Thri-Kreen were, she wanted to make sure that they’d be able to combat these creatures while airborne.

”Come on, we should—“ Ayero would motion to Merrze, beckoning the other woman to mount the carpet with her when she saw one of the pixies tugging at Merrze’s sleeve and pointing downward. Following the pixie’s line of sight, Ayero inwardly groaned when she saw the battle going on below. Weighing the pros and cons of aiding the forest sprites, Ayero would still insist that Merrze and Fluffy get on the carpet.


”Should we help them?” Ayero turned to Merrze, searching the younger woman’s face for any signs of thought. If Merrze wanted to turn away to continue through the forest, Ayero would agree and navigate the carpet away from the fight beneath them. If she insisted on helping the pixies, Ayero would edge the carpet a scant 2 meters closer before drawing her bow as silently as she could, hoping that her actions would go undetected by the opposition.


She scanned the line of enemies below and nocked an arrow into her bow, letting loose a Shatter Shot. The arrow was aimed between two of the Thri-Kreen, where it would explode upon contact and unleash a torrent of shrapnel in a 10m diameter.

OOC:

Aiming to put an arrow in the ground between the 2nd and 3rd Thri-Kreen from the right. The arrow is aimed for 1m before the 3rd enemy and 2m after the 2nd enemy.

[220/290]

Spoiler:
Name: Shatter Shot (Way of Old)
Tier: C
Cost: 20 Stamina|10 Sustained
Weapon Type: Bow
Class Offensive
Range: 30 m
Cool-Down: 3 posts +1 sustain
Description: Ayero fires a specially crafted arrow with a hollow clay tip filled with shards of metal at 20 m/s that travels up to 30 m. When the arrow head makes contact with an object, it will explode and launch shrapnel in a 10 m diameter, dealing C-tier cutting damage to anything within 10 m.


──────────────────────────────────────────────

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum