You are not connected. Please login or register

Meal for Two [Plot/Private/Azix]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Meal for Two [Plot/Private/Azix] on 12/09/15, 06:50 pm

Ari straightened the native Kou hairstyle, the small sticks holding her violet strands in place digging lightly into her skull. She and Azix were having dinner together and she had done her best to look nice for the occasion, donning traditional Kou attire and hair style. She planned on telling him that she needed to make a small trip to Magnostadt. While she hated the idea of leaving her lover’s side so soon after being reunited, she needed to see her father and brother as they had not seen her for quite some time and were still unsure of whether to trust her return to the land of the living. She also planned to help her father flesh out her mother’s final research regarding resurrection and inform him of the terrifying news that Lilly had made an appearance in Kou.

Ari lit the candles in the center of the table before taking a seat to await Azix’ arrival.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

View user profile

2 Re: Meal for Two [Plot/Private/Azix] on 21/09/15, 03:47 pm

Azix Niraj

Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Azix set his bags down so he could open the door with an exhausted sigh. For the past few days, he had been traveling around the nearby country-side to observe his fellow countrymen and their reactions to the reforms Yoshiro had been pushing for. It was a trip Azix had felt obligated to make, especially since he had helped Yoshi take the throne. Azix had needed to know that he had made the right decision in doing so and the trip had reaffirmed that belief. Yes, most of the citizens seemed cautious of their new ruler, and some yearned for their previous Emperor, but majority seemed to be impressed with Yoshiro's rule so far.

As he flung open the door to the guest quarters Azix shared with Ariella, a delicious smell assaulted his nostrils. Throwing his bags to the side, he closed the door behind him and followed the scent to the dining room where Ari was waiting for him. His jaw dropped when he saw the purple-haired magician wearing the traditional attire of his heritage. The sight took his breath away and he fumbled for his words. It baffled Azix how easily it was to be swept away by Ariella's stunning beauty. "W-wow...you look amazing. I mean, you always look amazing, but..."

Blushing, Azix cleared his throat and took a second to regain his compusure. With a smile, he crossed the room to wrap his arms around her in a loving embrace. "I missed you. Sorry, I haven't been around." He leaned down to kiss her soft lips and felt a shiver of pleasure run down his spine. Her scent inflamed his passion and Azix pulled her tighter into his embrace, kissing her more urgently until it became painfully obvious how much he had missed her.

Breaking away from her lips, Azix stared into Ariella's eyes and ran his fingers through her hair. Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw a varity of dishes laid out on the table and he chuckled. "I almost don't know which to eat first." He said with a teasing grin.

As he chewed his food, Azix kept stealing glances of Ariella, unable to stop smiling. Taking a bite of the steak, he let out a moan of appreciation as the juicy flavor coated his tongue. After swallowing, Azix asked how Ariella had filled her time in his absence and gave her his full attention when she replied. Once she had finished filling him in, Azix told her about his trip and the things he had seen.

Throughout the meal, Azix noticed Ariella giving him a strange look, as if she wanted to say something, but kept hesitating. Finally, Azix pointed a chop-stick at her with his brow raised, "What is it? Do I have something in my teeth?"

View user profile

3 Re: Meal for Two [Plot/Private/Azix] on 21/09/15, 10:41 pm

Ari blushed at Azix’ enthusiastic greeting, pleased he appreciated her efforts. As they ate, she filled him in on what she had been doing, mentioning her travels around to get a feel for the different views of the villages as well as the time she spent at the Temple, trying to get a better grasp on her newfound abilities. But even while talking, she had a hard time focusing on the conversation, thinking about Lilly and needing to check in with her father. Apparently, her distraction was obvious and she blushed lightly before wiping her mouth with a napkin.

“Nothing in your teeth, my love. But… I do have something I need to tell you. First, I plan on flying to Magnostadt soon. I need to let my father know for sure I am back, and get some things settled there.”

She paused for a moment, taking a deep breath.

“We also need to talk about Lilly. She is here, in Kou. She slaughtered a timber village, not too far from here. While I am in Magnostadt, I plan on getting some books from my father about some of the more fatal, intricate magic types. I do not feel confident in trying to face her yet, not while I am still scrambled and prone to forgetting things. But I cannot let her just roam freely. She is a threat that needs dealt with. Maybe then I can sleep peacefully again, without being tormented by her maniacal face.”

Her expression was somber but determined. She knew she had the strength now to face Lilly, but her head was still not where it needed to be. Perhaps spending some time with Adamus would help her focus on how best to remove Lilly as a threat. If anyone knew how to suppress emotions to better perform on the field of battle, it would be her father.

“I hate the idea of leaving so soon after having you back, but… I need to get prepared for Lilly. And I swear, I will try not to stay away long. It was torture having to be away from you so long last time, I don’t intend to have that happen again.”

She looked up at Azix pensively, hoping he would not be angry with her for wanting to leave Kou so soon after his arrival. She would have asked him to come along, but she knew he had political duties in Kou to handle, he did not have as much freedom in his actions as she did and she would not ask him to choose between her and his goals to unite the world. He was a King Candidate, her King Candidate, and his position in the country would offer him a great deal of experience for the day when he decided to lead, himself.

View user profile

4 Re: Meal for Two [Plot/Private/Azix] on 23/09/15, 10:37 pm

Azix Niraj

Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Frozen, Azix stared down at his plate, unable to do anything but listen as Ariella expressed her desire to leave Kou. He wanted to stand up, flip the table and scream at her, demanding she stay by his side, but he didn't. While Azix feared losing her again, deep down, the logic in him understood her reasons for leaving. Her family deserved to know that she was still alive and the world deserved to be rid of Lilly. That didn't change the fact that it broke his heart to say goodbye again.

With a heavy sigh, Azix looked up when she finished and stared into her golden hues. "If...that's what you think you need to do....then, I understand. Just, promise me you'll come back." He reached across the table, taking her hand in his. "I don't want Trixie knocking on my door with bad news again."

He ran his thumb against her knuckles, considering what he would do to fill his time in her absence. "I suppose while you're gone, I can help Yoshiro out. Lately, I have been thinking about enrolling in the military. Reim taught me a lot about leadership, diplomacy and managing the welfare of a country, but my experience with the military is rather limited. Like everyone else in Kou, I had to serve for a while, but I didn't pay attention."

Standing up, Azix walked around the table and wrapped his arms around Ariella. "I'm going to miss you..."

[exit]

View user profile

5 Re: Meal for Two [Plot/Private/Azix] on 23/09/15, 10:42 pm

Ariella gave him a sad smile, enjoying the embrace.

“I promise you, I will return. Hopefully quickly. Maybe with your training in the military, you won’t even notice me gone. I promise to keep in contact through the Journey Books, I will write you every night, so you know I am safe and sound. Keep yourself safe while I am gone. I have seen some of the women here, I fear that when I return, one of them will have kidnapped you.”

She chuckled and pressed a kiss to his lips. She really did not want to leave without him, but he had duties to attend to and her father was likely to panic if he did not see her soon. Plus, she had been getting a weird feeling from the rukh recently, something urging her to take to the skies. But she would return as quickly as she could. Before she left, though, she would make sure he looked forward to her return.

[exit]

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum