You are not connected. Please login or register

New Phase in Life [Training Thread / Plot]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bahir

Bahir
β-Tier
β-Tier

Bahir and his men sat in the stands of the coliseum watching a battle go on. Why did the fanalis bring half of his troop to the coliseum? Because he thought it would be a decent "field trip" for them to enhance their fighting. As the corps members roared along with the crowd as the two gladiators attempted to behead each other, Bahir sat there with his arms crossed, silently studying the men. This is wonderful for one-on-one combat... but I wonder how this kind of fighting would fair in war. Bahir's thoughts were occupied with war when it came to fighting because of the recent incident with Kou. Of course, the fanalis shouldn't have to worry about this kind of thing. This would be the Fanalis Corps's territory, and by God, he was going to let it stay with them. However, it WAS the fanalis's job to act as a bodyguard and train them in doing so for the officials of Reim.

"Interesting fight, right?" The men around Bahir roared once more as the battle came to an end. That was the end of the games for that day and the crowd was slowly fading from the seats. Bahir stood up from his seat and picked up his haori, slipping it onto his frame slowly. The men with him stood slowly and gave him a quizzical look. "Alright. Let's go, men." The men and women grinned and nodded, following him, making their way out to an area next to the coliseum that looked to be a training ground for the gladiators. There were men and women fighting with wooden weapons, though they went after each other with the same blood lust as if they were in the coliseum.

The members of the Unity Corps looked on in awe as Bahir took a few steps towards the only man in the area with something that resembled armor. Even though the plating that he wore was simple leather rather than actual armor, the man obviously held rank within the Barracks. The man noticed Bahir and met the fanalis half way. The two introduced themselves to each other and Bahir extended a hand to the man and was received cordially. "So. What can we do for the Right Hand of the Unity Corps? Let me guess. You would like a tour?" the man's question was a teasing one, proven by the grin that he flashed towards Bahir. The fanalis's arm twitched for a moment, tensing to restrain himself from lashing out at the man. He was taking Bahir's visit lightly, it was almost disrespectful. Its just his humor. Don't let it get to you. The fanalis assured himself.

"Well actually. We of the Unity Corps, are to be like personal body guards for the officials of Reim and especially the Emperor and his advising council. They have initially taken military training, but these men and women are my personal corps troops. I would like for them to learn how to defend themselves against some of the more ruthless one-on-one fighters in Reim: Your gladiators!" The man in the leather armor rasied his eyebrow at Bahir's confession. The man was intrigued at the Colonel's interest in the gladiators' style of fighting and even more interested in the fact that he wanted his men of the Unity Corps to learn from the Gladiators. "I see. So why aren't more of your Corps Members here to learn?"

Bahir was able to sense the unease in the man. His following question solidified his unease. "That would be way too many to train in one day. Besides, General El Nagi and I have agreed to train our chosen Captains on our own. These men and women were hand picked by a fanalis because of their promise in one-on-one combat, and a full scale battle. Is it wrong of me to want to maximize their potential?" The man looked over Bahir and then the men and women that were behind him. He scoffed for a moment as he crossed his arms and began to chuckle. "Very well! I am the trainer of this fine house of gladiators. I am known as Aelius. Each of your corps members will be paired up with a gladiator for the next few days and will be schooled in the ways of combat. You will be paired with me." Bahir grinned and crossed his arms. His captains, however, took a step forward as if to be protective of the man.

Before they could do anything, Bahir spoke up again. "Very well." The fanalis turned his head to the side so he was looing at his captains over his shoulder and smiled at them. "Find a gladiator and begin sparring. We're going to hit the ground running. One or two rounds and then we'll be heading back to the head quarters for the night." The men and women of the Unity Corps nodded and immediately went to do what they were instructed. That only left Bahir standing in front of Aelius. The gladiator trainer set his whip on a hook and grabbed a wooden sword. "Crispus!" The man's voice rang through the barracks. Initially all of the gladiators in the barracks hesitated and then continued their routines. Bahir took note of this, assuming that the men there respected this Aelius greatly. Hm. He has probably given them all good reason for this respect too... I'll have to be careful with this one. Moments later, a young boy ran out of the back room with a wooden sword and wooden shield. The boy handed the equipment to Bahir, receiving an appreciative glance and nod from the fanalis in the process.

"You're the Emperor's pet fanalis right? So I'm sure you have SOME combat experience. Let us begin." Bahir winced and narrowed his eyes towards the man as he called Bahir Lagi's "pet". If all else, that was the one thing he would refuse to be called by Lagi or anyone else. "As you wish..." As soon as he finished, he leapt towards the man swinging his sword at him. The man defended with one of his swords and tried to counter with the other, but it was blocked by the wooden shield that Bahir was given. "Heh. Looks like I struck that fanalis nerve." The two continued for three bouts. In the end, Bahir was panting with a few bruises and Aelius had lost one of his blades and had a few bruises as well. "Not bad, fanalis. Even with all of that strength that your race has, you've decided to hold it back some while using the wooden weapons. You must have trained with a wooden sword before." Bahir silently glared at the man, readying himself for another round. "No no. That's enough for today. You've proven yourself. Tomorrow, you actually start your training with us." The man turned from Bahir and went back to the back room.

As Bahir's spar was concluded, so were the others'. He was a little impressed with the timing that they all had. As the captains formed up and briefed Bahir on what they learned that day, Bahir smiled. "Understood. Go home and get some rest. Be on call for anything that is needed from you. I will train with Aelius and the Gladiators on my own for a few days... When I'm done. I'm bringing you all back to further your training." The captains nodded to Bahir and they began making their way back to the palace for the evening.
Strength Specialization Word Count (D to C): 1200/500

Bahir

Bahir
β-Tier
β-Tier

A few weeks had passed since Bahir found himself training with the Coliseum's gladiators. Since his entry test with Aelius, the fanalis had rotated through the gladiators. Each fight with them, the fanalis learned a bit more about how the men fought and thought. Their different styles of battle, serving to boost Bahir from his lowly, struggling existence as a swordsman to that of a fairly competent warrior. The man stood in the middle of the training arena and stared Aelius down. The master of the gladiators stood with his arms crossed. He grinned looking at the fanalis and turned to another man, motioning him to move towards the circle.

Bahir watched the man come forward and readied his sword and shield. The fanalis waited for his opponent to come for him, which happened almost immediately. The momentary clash with the opponents sword to Bahir's shield was the spark of a drawn out battle. By the end of of, Bahir and his opponent were standing across from each other, panting with their helmets thrown to the side. The man slowly stood up tall and straightened his back, his opponent doing the same. Bahir couldn't help but grin at the sight in front of him. The female fanalis had presented him with such a challenge.

Aelius walked forward and stood between the two. "You've impressed us with your rapid growth, Bahir. I say that you have passed our test. Welcome, brother." Bahir was still catching his breath. The fanalis placed his shield in front of his body and brought his sword over in front of it, causing a brief clang. The fanalis proceeded to bow his head a bit, acknoweldging the man as a mentor. Aelius bowed his head in return and the gladiators cheered. This was a good sign for them. It meant a night of celebration instead of training.

Later that night, as the men and women of the coliseum enjoyed their drink, Bahir, Aelius, and two of the higher ranked gladiators went to a back room. Bahir removed his shirt and one of the other gladiators threw two rods into a fire, letting them heat up. "As you've been accepted as one of our brothers, you have but on more trial to go through. You will be branded with a symbol of the Coliseum and then the initials of how you would want to be called in the  arena. Are you ready?" Bahir looked at the men and nodded. Just then, the men drew the two branding rods from the fire and pressed one into his left shoulder and the other into his right simultaneously. Bahir clenched his jaw as the sizzling of his flesh rang out and his entire body tensed. He refused to let out a sound, focusing on resisting the pain of his flesh searing.

When it was all over, Bahir found himself drinking with the others of the coliseum. The next day, Bahir took his leave. Before he could leave, however, Crispus approached him with his shield. "Mr. Bahir, take this with you! I can't wait to see you begin in the coliseum!" Bahir smiled at the boy and ruffled his hair as he took the shield from him. "I will do you proud, Crispus!" With that, the fanalis took his leave, preparing himself mentally as he headed towards the palace.
Word Count: 1700/500

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum