You are not connected. Please login or register

Recovery and Departure [Training/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"Ah. You can do something with magic, then?" Hasan's attention immediately focused upon Garret's comment, though it was but a whisper to the magician's own self. Hasan went to stroke his beard, but realized that his hand was missing and subsequently used his other hand. "Ohhohohoho..." A self mocking laugh escaped his lips as he mentally reprimanded himself for attempting to use a hand that no longer existed. The series of actions had distracted the old martial monk, who turned his attention back to Garret.

The blue magician was attentively observing his teacher, curious about the difference in the man's attitude. Without rushing, Hasan continued. "To tell you the truth, before I came to this mountain I... Completed a trade for a staff." There was a twinkle in the man's eyes, suggesting that the exchange was much more incredible than what he spoke. "You could always use that, right? Or does it  have to be something more specific to the task at hand?"

Garret stared at Hasan, disbelief on his face. He... Had a staff this entire time, without me being any the wiser? Still, a question posed itself to Garret that he couldn't help but ask the man. "What... What reason did you have for obtaining a staff, anyways?" They continued walking through the wooded area towards the cabin house the old monk called home.

"To learn magic, of course." The man laughed at Garret's show of exasperation, though explained himself shortly after. "When I had escaped from the Kou General's group, I was curious about the power that magicians held.. And when an opportunity came with a person willing to part with a staff... Well, I decided to try a little home-teaching... Hohohoho." As if looking back at an amusing memory, the old man laughed once more. He shook his head as they entered the clearing and approached his cabin directly. "Unfortunately, I didn't seem to have any such luck of learning its use. I think it's beyond my skills..." Looking back to Garret, the old man opened the door to the log cabin and lead the way inside.

OOC:

Training Regrowth and Renew. Word count: 368/1500

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Garret sighed, shaking his head. There were only a select few who were able to use Magic. To the best of his knowledge, he was certain that it was something one was born with, though he had heard of those who did not have the full strength of a Magician. Those who had no Borg, but were still able to cast and control magic. No doubt Magnostadt had studies of those individuals, but Garret was more concerned with renewing his teacher's missing hand.

Looking at it once more, he winced. It looked like quite the painful wound, but Hasan seemed to be fairing well. The man walked to a chest at the foot of his bed, digging through it before returning with a simple wooden staff. Garret picked the item up within his hands, immediately feeling the familiar potential of being able to call upon the strength of the Rukh to carry out his commands. Looking at Hasan's wound again, the blue magician closed his eyes with an inner groan. Those wounds... They will be difficult to heal... And I haven't had any practice with the Rukh of life. This will take time. Looking back up to Hasan, Garret relayed his thoughts. "I'm not terribly skilled with the type of magic that would be able to heal your wound and bring your hand back to normal... I must warn you, this will not only take time, but it will likely be extremely painful." The healing power of his blade had caused slight itchiness, and a dull ache if it was just enough to heal. But that was a simple spell. One that he did not actively cast, but that he had simply initiated through feeding Magoi into his magical weapon.

Hasan stared at Garret, stroking the small, grey beard with his remaining hand. "Hmmm. That should be fine. I have not attained my current self by avoiding pain. Show me your magic." Normally playful, Hasan spoke with a firm resolve. He sat upon one of the chairs in his small cabin, and motioned for Garret to make himself comfortable as well.

Narrowing his eyes, Garret looked over to Yua. "Yua, while I do this I would prefer as few interruptions as possible. Please gather food for tonight's dinner." He was neither demeaning nor dismissive in his tone, though how his words affected Yua were unknown. The woman simply seemed concerned for Hasan, and nothing else. Either way, she nodded to Garret's instructions and went off into the forest in order to hunt for their dinner.

Wasting no time, Garret sat down adjacent to Hasan. He requested Hasan to hold his arm out, studying the wound much closer than before. Listening to a few words from the Rukh, Garret began to meditate and feel out what would be the most appropriate way to handle the matter from here. The body remembers the limbs it has had over the course of its life. He had heard stories of those who have lost limbs in the past, but swear they could still feel them afterwards. The memory of the limb itself, Garret inferred, was something the body held onto on all levels. He continued to consider the Rukh, calling upon it and wrapping it around Hasan. The small forms that looked like golden butterflies seemed to revel in the presence of life, and stuck to the man happily. Garret closed his eyes briefly, focusing intently on a mental vision of the man's hands.

The bone, the tendons, the muscle, the veins. The skin, the fingernails... All of these things made up a common human's hand. Slowly an image began to form in his mind, and Garret held onto it with, burning it into his mind as strongly as he could. His mouth felt dry as he began to imagine the process of the regrowth of the hand, but he wanted to make sure he got it as close as possible and, as such, did not allow himself to lose focus. It was integral for him to understand what he would be asking, and convey those thoughts in his request to the Rukh in order for the spell to be successful. The bone would need to grow. Expand from the cut off portion of the old man's wrist.

It would need to create new joints, fingers, knuckles. Ligaments. Garret shuddered, and his image was almost shaken as the words brought focus to his study of the human's body during his childhood. A portion of that was determining the ways to damage an opponent and defeat them, but another portion was something he had gone through personally and disliked quite a bit; torture. Pushing the images out of mind and refocusing to Hasan's missing hand, Garret continued to imagine the regrowth of a hand. The muscles would be needed, and the scene of them re-structuring around the new hand flashed through Garret's mind. Of course, the blood veins would be necessary as well, and the skin to protect that which exists within it would be necessary as well.

The man had a solid image in mind at this point, and looked up to Hasan once more. "I will begin shortly. You may want to hold onto something." The only true training the magician had with life magic was the studies he had done when creating a combination magic for the first time. It was a spell that used a portion of the caster's own life force to create a sentient creature from the water element. The spell was enough to give Garret experience in expanding life from an incomplete portion, and which he made certain to draw upon as Hasan left his well-being in Garret's care.

Taking a deep, Hasan nodded and grit his teeth. "I am ready." The sound was slightly muffled as he strained to prepare for the oncoming spell. Briefly, in his mind, he wondered at the irony of a healing spell hurting before setting it aside; all healing wounds hurt, in one way or another. It's just that he would now have the chance to experience all that pain over the course of a short period of time.

Hasan's thoughts were fairly on-the-mark. Garret spoke the necessary words to the Rukh, commanding them to Regrow and Renew[//b] Hasan's lost limb. Pouring magoi into the spell, Garret immediately realized what the level of the technique he had begun was. The Rukh were demanding quite a bit of energy to repair the limb, but Garret spared no expense. As soon as it began, Hasan seized up and grunted out in pain. Slowly his hand began to grow back. It seemed disproportionate to the effort he was putting into maintaining the spell, but was working pretty much exactly how Garret had imagined it would. The only matter of concern was how Hasan's foot was beginning to press deeply into the floorboards beneath them. It seemed he was doing all he could to not yell out in pain.

The whole procedure lasted less than ten minutes, yet that time seemed to have stretched for hours. As the spell finished the last of its work, Garret looked up towards Hasan and caught sight of a few tears in the man's eyes. There must be a gentler way... Perhaps I am simply unskilled in the matter, and with training and experience I could possibly make things less painful...

Hasan looked down at his hand, flexing his fingers and rotating his wrist. Grunting, he shook his head. Looking back up to Garret, the old man sighed in relief. "You've been a great deal of help with this. I'm getting old, and it would be quite difficult to get by with just the one hand." The man seemed to have full control over it as he continued to experiment with it.

Garret snorted, looking up to Hasan with a cocked eyebrow. "Maybe for a normal old man, Hasan. I'm sure you wouldn't have been too troubled..." The magician knew the man could take care of himself, and had a high estimation of his ability to do so.

"Ohhohoh-" Partway through his laugh he winced, still feeling a bit of the pain from the spell. "Hmm. There's still a soreness... But that should go away in a few days."

Two weeks later, after Hasan had completed his recovery, Yua and Garret both left the mountaintop to return to normal civilization. They bid Hasan a farewell, and Garret briefly wondered if they would cross paths again in the future.

OOC:

[exit]

Training Regrowth and Renew. Word count: 1805/1500.

Ability Trained:

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum