Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zadi's Rebith [Training/Job/Solo] Desert_VI_by_stryder992_zpstuxfleqp
"Wake up Zadi~"

"Waaake up Zadi~"

"WAKE UP NOW ZADI!"

"Aaaah! What just happened!? Where am I!? The island!? Why do I sound like a girlish man again!?"

Having awoken to a stranger's voice that felt like a soft hissing within his ears, Zadi looked around in order to try and reason what just happened to him and where he is now. At the moment, Zadi seems to have washed up on the shore of some deserted island that seemed to stretch endlessly with sand on one side and water on the other. To Zadi, it neither felt like nor looked like the Shrouded Isle in which he was burnt to a human potato chip. In fact, he himself felt different as well. He felt around all over his body like he did when he used the body alteration potion but this time he felt less on his chest and more on his crotch. That must mean he looks like his old self again. Zadi had mixed feelings about his "disguise" wearing off, but he felt good being a man again! His muscles felt more defined while his hair didn't feel heavy and obnoxiously long. Zadi wondered if he was finally able to grow a beard like he wanted to using the potion but to his dismay such a thing was apparently not possible.

Would have been nice to at least get a mustache. Anyway, it seems as though the Shrouded Isle did something to my corpse when I was "asleep". Better figure out if this is the afterlife or if I was able to be reborn again.

Zadi got up and ended up feeling a trinket around his neck. Zadi looked down and noticed two things; his kimono was black and he was wearing a charm with an animal or sorts on it. A bear? Sure seemed like on from the descriptions that Zadi had read about when he was a child. Having never seen most of the animals he'd read about makes wearing a charm about one that much more confusing. Was it magical? A compensatory gift from the afterlife? Zadi couldn't tell until a crab pinched his ankle. Zadi was surprised and yelp, jumping away with his right leg in an attempt to get away from it. However, that wouldn't be the greatest surprise from this crab!

"Hey! You awake now!? Seems that way. FINALLY! Alright, time to give you the message-"

"IT CAN TALK!?!?"

Without knowing it, the charm around Zadi's neck allowed him to understand animal speech as if it was human speech. In this case, the crab's speech and vice versa in the case of the crab.

"Whoa! What are you getting so worked up over? I didn't pinch you THAT hard."

"It really can speak my language. Ummm...hi? My name is Zadi, are you God?"

Due to Zadi's imagination and thoughts of the afterlife, he actually thought that the crab was God. Sure it could be possible that the crab was just an image that Zadi may be used to seeing as he grew up near the ocean, but really, a crab of all things? God could have picked a better image to present himself with, thought Zadi. Wait! Maybe this wasn't even heaven! Zadi started to panic before the crab scurried up to Zadi again and pinched Zadi's remaining ankle, causing Zadi to flinch and fall to the ground.

"Calm the hell down! I'm just a crab with a message and super muscular claws! I've also got abs and the ladies LOVE me for them!"

"Wait, so I'm not in the afterlife? I'm not dead!?"

"Nope. You are very much alive. You are also not dreaming as my pinching has probably discerned for you. That charm really is a wonder."

Zadi quickly got up off the ground and danced like there was no tomorrow! It seemed that he finally realized that he was reborn much like when he was engulfed in that explosion from Aquillia's arrow in the coliseum battle. Zadi jumped up and down so much that his metal vessel dropped from inside his black kimono. The string holding it in place must have come loose. However, this thankfully stopped Zadi's insistent dancing and jumping. He picked up the metal vessel and secured it back within his kimono again. Now that he was settled down, the crab was ready to give Zadi the message.

"Alright then, now that you've settled down, it is now time for me to give you the message. Erhmhm; Your belongings aside from your metal vessel have been scattered throughout the Desert of Forgotten Souls. In order to find them again, talk to the animals of the sands."

"Quite a long message. For a crab, that was some good memorization-"

"Well screw you human! You know, for a hue-man you sure don't dress very colorfully! Now screw off and find your stuff before stop giving a care about you! Your lucky your friend even found someone as nice as me to relay his message to you!"

The crab then scurried back into the water, pissed. Before his buddies would show up, Zadi went on his way into the Desert of Forgotten Souls in order to find some animals to talk to. Though Zadi was rather confused. What sort of "friend" does Zadi have that would be able to "help" him like this? And why would he scatter Zadi's items like a complete douchebag, too!? Zadi stopped thinking so hard about it all and just decided to follow the message's "advice" since that was the only clue that Zadi was able to pick up.

Unfortunately, Zadi couldn't stop thinking about his recent death and subsequent rebirth. The Shrouded Isle was a rather dangerous place, dangerous enough for Zadi to lose focus and die by fire...again! So far Zadi had only died by fire and rebirthed shortly afterwards, assuming it has only been at most a week since his last dead and nothing like years or months. All the same, was it the power of fire that allowed Zadi to be reborn? Zadi felt that he needed to meditate on this and consult the flow of rukh around him in order to check something. He would need to improve his skills as a magician if he is to do this. However, he already felt a little more powerful in terms of magoi reserves. It was strange, but dying actually made Zadi stronger this time around. Could it be that the more Zadi dies by fire the greater reserves of power he attains? It seemed to be the current pattern after all. Zadi decided to check something out using the charm around his neck as a medium. After talking to the crab, Zadi ended up figuring out that it was the charm, the only new item on him, that caused the ability to communicate with said crab. The design of the charm made sense, too. Zadi himself didn't feel magically divergent, much less magical at all for that matter. He is a magician but he feels like a human. Anyway, using the charm as a medium to strengthen his feel of the rukh around him, Zadi attempted to increase his knowledge as a magician by trying to learn exactly what his "dead" situation really is.

It took a while, but he was able to find out nothing at all! It was as if being reborn was totally natural within this world! Therefore, Zadi decided to look into history, however nothing happened because he wasn't able to use legitimate magic using just a charm. Aside from that, the only clairvoyance type spells that he knows how to use wouldn't help either. This frustrated Zadi and forced him to stop his walk through the desert and just sit to meditate underneath the hot hot sun of the Desert of Forgotten Souls, which seems to be amply named.

Zadi attempted to meditate his skills as a magician further as he had done many times before. However, the challenge was to use no medium to connect to the flow of rukh around him. Another challenge was to try and meditate within a vastly blank desert. No rock, no dead trees, no cacti, and certainly no water! Only the cloudless sky and the sand underneath his ass would be the guiding forces of rukh he'd be able to call upon during his meditation.

Meditating Zadi meditated with his legs crossed and his butt square on the sands. He hummed in order to attain a little more "magic" around him. Currently there were all but water, wind, lightning, and life rukh. Heat and light were certainly present and, as always, strength, with a touch of sound from Zadi's humming. Technically life was present within Zadi, but he couldn't trust his own being due to the strange ability to rebirth. Anyway, he had half of all the magic types at his disposal for meditation. All Zadi needed to do now was read their rukh patterns and attain a greater understanding of his own magic skills.

The feel of the heat on Zadi's body was intense. His skill felt the burning sensation of simply being underneath it. The light from the sun felt brighter than Zadi had ever felt within his lifetime. After all, there were no cloud above him. Due to some slight heat exhaustion, Zadi could feel the gravity of his own weight.

Rukh of the heat, help me understand how it is you function better within a spacious ocean of sand! Rukh of the light, show me your power of illusion within a heat-filled environment! Rukh of sound, how is it that you work so well within such grand openness? Rukh of gravity, have you created this desert's sand through crash, push, and subsequent pull of the waves and wind? Show me how I may improve myself, Rukh! Allow me to attain a greater understanding of this desert's emptiness! Let me become attuned to the elements to become a greater magician!

The wind started to blow, probably as a response to Zadi's will to learn. Due to the wind, sand started to defy gravity, heat became distorted, light was blocked by the flying sands of the desert, and even sound was deafened due to the howling of the wind.

It took about two days, but the rukh guided Zadi towards the answer and finally allowed him to understand what a desert naturally symbolized; peace. It was peaceful here, not desperate. Desperation is caused through thoughts of death within living beings, but since a desert is not alive like a forest or grassy plain, there is no natural desperation. What little animals that do live here are like those that live elsewhere, just in a different ecosystem. Before this revelation, Zadi usually thought that rukh thrived within living beings. That is true in a sense, but within a nearly lifeless environment such as a desert, the rukh seem to look freer. For living things, this feeling of freedom can be equated to the capability of flight. Flight gives a sense of freedom due to the openness the sky provides. In the desert, this openness is nearly endless, too.

The rukh aren't manipulated, contorted, and from what Zadi can see, not black either. The rukh within this desert felt free from the chains of magic. No magicians. No magic tools. Only the sands and the blue sky! Zadi too felt rather free, though because he is a living being, he must find his own path towards freedom and another death certainly wouldn't help. However, knowing that peace is attainable simply within the desert is rather tragic. Without someone to observe and experience the peace, what is peace? That question was for another time as Zadi's head wasn't feeling enlightened anymore, rather it felt hot. Though all the elements were at peace within this desert, that didn't mean they were peaceful towards life. Thankfully Zadi's meditation skills were better than the average person and he was able to slow his metabolism,; it was as if he had been sleeping for a couple of days. Zadi got up and began his long walk again, hopefully ending up finding some sort of animal that could help him.

2000+/2000 - Int B-tier to A-tier

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Spoiler:

The trek was long, but Zadi finally found a bug to talk to. It was a little scarab and his buddies just crawling in and out of the sands of the desert. Zadi asked for directions to his belongings and the scarabs replied with "here" and started to dig out one of his things, Pointed Prism. Zadi didn't know what to think so he just picked it up and to his surprise, it didn't hurt to pick it up like it did the first time. Zadi felt in tune with the power of the wand! However, he needed to conserve his magoi and stamina so he didn't cast a spell to test out the functionality of the wand. Zadi then asked about the rest of this items and was told to just "keep looking". Disappointed, Zadi kept looking.

Eventually Zadi came across a side-winding snake. Zadi was cautious around the snake for it could be poisonous. Thankfully, Zadi was able to ask his question with the snake replying "in the stone over there" while pointing towards a seemingly small rock in the distance that looked to have a slight shimmer about it. Zadi thanked the snake and made his way towards the rock. The rock was rather large, wast high, with Zadi's Rukh Slayer stuck inside of it while the sheathe was hung around the blade. Grabbing the handle of the sword and the pulling it out, Zadi attained another one of his items. He then continued his trek with two of his items found.

Continuing his walk through the Desert of Forgotten Souls, Zadi found one more animal, an armadillo. A rather odd animal to find in the middle of the desert but all the same helpful as the armadillo seemed to instantly know of Zadi's situation.

"Follow me."

Zadi followed the armadillo as they made their way to what looked to be a cluster of rocks underneath a leafless tree. The shield was on top of the formation of rocks. Zadi picked it up and found lots of small animals tuck away between the rocks, looking scared and confused. The shield seemed to have provided them with roofing as the surrounding rocks were too heavy to use as a roof. Zadi's emotions started to kick in, using Pointed Prism to create a large, better home for all the little animals using the sand and rocks to construct a dome around the dead tree. The animals were happy to let Zadi have the shield now that they had something better to live in. The armadillo smiled and gave Zadi a message after his good deed;

"I've got a message for you; Your other belongings can be found once you find a source of water. The message didn't specify where to find the water. However, I'll help you now that you helped me and my friends. Follow me."

The message was short and rather null of advice. By a source of water? Rather unspecific much like the previous message, but from what Zadi gathered, the animals that he does find all seem to know about Zadi's situation, no matter how random the animal it may be. Rather odd, but Zadi didn't let himself be bothered by it for now. He just followed the armadillo as best he could through the seemingly empty desert. Hopefully there really was some water and even the items described in the message. Zadi knew of the items that he had before being stranded, but to be honest, he needed the water more.

500+/500 Part 1 Complete

Social Spell:

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

The armadillo and Zadi walked through the hot desert in an attempt to find some water coupled with the rest of Zadi's belongings. The two weren't talking very much to each other, probably to conserve strength. Though the silence could simply be due to a racial gap. What would a human have to talk about with an armadillo? In reverse the same argument could be made, too. Different species just don't have very much in common these days. Zadi realized this but felt awkward not know anything about the armadillo even though the armadillo seemed to know of Zadi's predicament.

"So, my name is Zadi in case you didn't already know. What's your name?"

"Hehe, humans invented the idea of naming things. Therefore I don't have a name."

"Really? Though it does make sense. How do animals associate with each other then? Sounds? Smells? Looks?"

"A combination of the three plus a special feeling such as between family members like parents to their children and vice versa. I would think humans also have a sort of special feeling towards those close to them, no?"

Zadi's heart began to ache a little from that question. Zadi was rather young when he lost his parents so he couldn't remember if there were feelings involved in identifying his parents. Zadi had also never shared these special feelings with other people. The closest he'd ever gotten was with Lagi and even then Zadi didn't stick around long enough to get a feel for Lagi's aura.

"Oh, did I hit a nerve? Sorry about that. I too don't have anyone very close to me aside from those animals that you helped out earlier. I appreciate what you did for them by the way."

"Heh, no problem. You didn't mean any harm-"

Just when Zadi was about to finish his sentence, the sands started to shift and the level of heat started to rise. The heat and sounds of the sand distorted Zadi's senses to the point where he started to see monstrous illusions that obviously weren't real, but all the same felt alive! Even as a magician who is relatively skilled with illusions, Zadi couldn't tell the different between the armadillo and the monsters he was seeing right before his very eyes! The armadillo could only hear the sands start shifting which reminded him of the creatures who's territory was made here. Turning around towards Zadi in hopes that he hasn't already succumbed to the creatures' toying, the armadillo ended up being shocked to see how quickly the creatures got within Zadi's mind. However, it was only natural as Zadi wasn't of the desert and hasn't coped with the intense heat yet. Being human gave you thumbs, but that's about it when you are in the desert. In an attempt to save Zadi from what the armadillo knew, he shouted as loudly as he could in order to get through to Zadi's ears at the very least;

"ZADI! Close your eyes and run towards my voice!"

Zadi heard what the armadillo shouted but was unable to process any sounds aside from the ever increasing shifting of the sands. The illusions weren't just ocular but also sound related in nature. However, due to the ever increasing roars of the illusions Zadi was able to understand what was happening! This wasn't a phenomenon caused purely by the heat and exhaustion of the desert! Zadi cleared his head and closed his eyes, concentrating on the sounds of the shifting sands. The only reason that sound would have a part of illusions is either if a magician was around or if some sort of animal was taking advantage of the heat of the desert and using a special organ to amplify sound within a certain area.

Sounds like there are four different sounds around me in a circle. Their speed sounds to be around 5 to 10 meters per second. Just need to wait until they try and attack and then strike back!

A few seconds after Zadi's assessment, one of the creatures jumped out with a screeching yelp, probably to amplify the amount of sound in the area and confuse its target more so. Reacting as quickly as he could, Zadi grabbed onto Rukh Slayer and used Savage Ruby's ability to punch the life out of the soaring creature! The creature flopped on the as if to reestablish a sense of life but soon after yelped on last time and stopped moving, dead. The other creatures' sound amplification stopped while the illusions lost strength. Zadi was still seeing things, but not to such a grand degree anymore. The creatures fled with Zadi assessing that they had never encountered such resistance before, at least not so deep within the desert. The armadillo too was shocked at the sudden display of strength from the heat exhausted human. However, the armadillo continued to walk once Zadi indicated that they needed to continue if he was going to make it any closer without collapsing.

500+/500 Part 2 Complete

Item(s):

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

"Hey Zadi, we're almost there, hang on just a little longer. Trust me, it'll be worth the long walk."

Zadi didn't even have the energy left to respond to the armadillo. If those creatures from earlier hadn't messed with Zadi's hearing he would be just fine, but there was thing ringing in Zadi's ears since the ambush that has caused Zadi to feel weak and disoriented. Aside from that, Zadi is also experiencing the effects of both heat exhaustion and dehydration! Zadi could be considered superhuman for even walking on his own all this time! However, being human is truly the reason that Zadi is able to keep going. From what Zadi has been able to reason from his many encounters with foreign animals, human have a stronger sense of will. The reason? Zadi didn't know. Perhaps it was due to a greater sense of intellect or simply having opposable thumbs, but humans have, on average, more willpower than even the most wild of animals. Such a thing may not be true in extreme cases such as parental instinct, but from what Zadi has seen, his reasoning stands true. Therefore, Zadi is able to trek through days in the desert know at the very least that there would be something to drink at the end of it all. Perhaps this even explains Zadi's rebirths! No way to know though because willpower is immeasurable, much like love.

"Don't give up on me yet buddy- Aha! Here we are. Hurry before your legs give out."

Zadi finally made it to the watering hole that the armadillo has been leading him towards! It may have just been a relatively medium sized hole with water sitting in it, but to Zadi it was an ocean waiting to be drunken from! Zadi's will gave him even greater strength in his legs which eventually helped him reach the water he so desired and really needed desperately!

"Aaaaaaaah. So good! I never knew that water could taste this good!"

"Whoa now, leave some for the rest of the desert. Besides, you also came here for your stuff, right?"

"Right! Thanks for reminding me. Though, I don't see anything here aside from a few rocks-"

Zadi then got the idea to check underneath all the rocks only to find one bug underneath all of them. Before Zadi could ask his question, the bug called out for its friends to fetch Zadi's things. And so, Zadi eventually got all his items back! The potion, the ball of light, and he also got some water out of it! In a small little voice, the little bug that Zadi uncovered spoke;

"Message for you; Congratulations. That's it."

"Um, thank you?"

The bug then scurried off underneath another rock, protecting itself from the harsh sands and sun of the desert which Zadi should be doing, too. The armadillo got his own share of the water and headed back towards the little animals that he was friends with. Zadi was now alone again, lost in the desert.

500+/500 Part 3 Complete

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

"Congratulations!? You friggin' douchebag! You lead me all the way to what seems to be the middle of the desert in order to tell me how happy you are that I got all my stuff back that YOU scattered all around this desert!? Douchebag!"

Having found all his belongings, Zadi no longer knows what the hell to do anymore. He's in the middle of the desert with no means of discerning what his locations is. The desert may as well be endless at this point. Heat exhaustion is kicking in as Zadi is starting to see faint mirages of of people he once knew that shouldn't or at least couldn't exist in the middle of a desert. Though Zadi was able to "see" through the illusions, that didn't stop him from being distracted.

The illusions were, at first, of his parents, or what little Zadi could remember of them. There was no sound to the illusions, but there didn't need to be. Zadi attempted to embrace get closer to them, communicate at the very least. His brain knew it wasn't real yet his heart said otherwise!

"Mom...Dad..."

The illusions were then quickly replaced by the old man that had introduced Zadi to magic. It was less of a heart ache, but still a prevalent character in Zadi's story. Zadi stopped for a second and tried to reason why the desert was showing these images. Zadi grabbed his head and closed his eyes, shaking back and forth vigorously as if to try and shake out his feelings.

"Nothing here is real! Nothing here exists! Just sand sand sand! Why them though!? WHY!?"

Zadi then collapsed in hot pain, feeling his head melt underneath the sweltering sun of the desert sky. The final illusion was of Syma. At this point Zadi just went with it. The illusion of Syma seemed to want Zadi to follow it and so Zadi did. He had lost his sense of direction after shaking his head too much and this illusion was the only way to go! Though, just to check, Zadi looked behind him and nocited that he was creating ever so faint footprints in the sand. As long as he kept the direction he was walking earlier, he may be able to get back to the clue he discovered. Unfortunately, Syma was still the illusion that Zadi was stuck on.

"...Goodbye Syma. I'm so sorry..."

Zadi couldn't stop from feeling his emotions right now for that was pretty much all he had at this point. However, there was one more thing that kept Zadi walking; a clue that he picked up while looking for all his items. So far all of his items seemed to be scattered in a straight line, probably leading Zadi somewhere. However, with all this walking, Zadi didn't know if he was still going straight and if there was even anywhere to get to. If the doucheba- old friend wanted to lead Zadi somewhere without directly interacting with him, for some odd reason in and of itself, then he or she could have just drawn a line through the sand and calculated where the sand-line would start fading and then place items in such a way that one could see each item as they were picked up. Talking to animals though? Strange shit.

The illusions weren't fading away. In fact, one particular illusion seemed to actually be getting closer. It may just have been a strange coincidence, but perhaps it really was an actual object within the desert! Zadi started to gain a little hope that the odd clue was actually leading him to some location within the desert. However, an odd thing about this illusions is the location and the shape. A black triangle all by itself?

Reminds me of a pyramid like the ones in Heliohapt. Hmmm, maybe this thing is for real after all.

Eventually Zadi reached a shadow that looked to be coming from the black pyramid-shaped object. Zadi's hopes were raising ever slightly, though his skepticism seemed to be keeping a tight grip, too. However, all wasn't in vain as the black pyramid was indeed THE Black Pyramid that Zadi had once heard rumors of after the destruction of Heliohapt. Not much of a rumor though. Just that it existed somewhere with the Desert of Forgotten Souls. All the same, now Zadi knew where he was and what his "friend" had been leading to! Zadi quickly followed the shadow of the pyramid and eventually made it to the entrance. It was quite a large and black monolith-like existence here within this desert, but very much welcome as long as it wasn't something related to the black rukh.

500+/500 Part 4 Complete

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Upon arrival at the Black Pyramid, Zadi noticed a box with a purple haze just sitting on the steps leading to the entrance of the pyramid. Zadi felt a familiar presence coming from within the box though remained cautious for he did not know what was within or around the Black Pyramid. Who knows? Perhaps the Black Pyramid isn't named so due to its lack of color? All the same, caution.

Wait, aren't those Syma's ashes?

Finally recognizing the box as what Zadi used to carry around Syma's ashes, Zadi let down his guard and picked up the box. The only thing different about the box and ashes within it was the purple haze surrounding the object. It was a lighter color than that of Syma's scales when she was still alive. That is, if she ever truly died. Perhaps everything lives on in some way if they are burned to death? So far everything leads to that conclusion and by "everything" it is assumed that only Zadi's knowledge is present.

It must have been Syma who, so to speak, helped me all this way. Must not have been able to pick me up with whatever body she is using right now so had all the animals help. I guess scattering all my items was the best option. Thanks girl.

Knowing now that Syma, Zadi's "spirit guide" as it seems, wants Zadi to go into the Black Pyramid and do something or perhaps just acquire knowledge. Therefore, Zadi did just that and ventured into the surprisingly well lit pyramid. Torches lit not only the walls but the ceiling, too. It felt rather empty though; vacant of life. Rather eerie, but then the same could be said about the desert. Anyway, Zadi looked around and say all sorts of pictures on the walls that seemed to tell a story, perhaps about the pyramid and its function. After all, the pyramids in Heliohapt functioned to worship certain gods while also serving as a sort of "home" for the priests that worship and maintain the pyramids.

Hmmm, rebirth? I think this pyramid was built to worship either a god of life or the idea of life. Might as well get deciphering.

Setting his things down on the ground near the entrance of the pyramid, Zadi started to decipher and piece together the story that the walls of the Black Pyramid were trying to tell. After finding what looked to be the starting point, Zadi eventually figured out that this pyramid is imbued with some sort of magic that allows for rebirth, or at least theoretically.

"'One must have died in order to be reborn anew.' Well duh! But how could someone having already died revive their dead corpse by themselves- wait! This pyramid..."

Zadi figured out what this pyramid does and how to do it! At first he just learned how the process of rebirth works; some people are just born that way. The rukh seem to bless around one out of every one hundred thousand people with the gift of multiple lives with THAT number having its own calculations attached to it which Zadi didn't quite care about at the moment. The really interesting part about this pyramid is that a person with this blessing can reset the number of lives they posses by praying within this Black Pyramid. However, one cannot revive those that are already dead and do not posses multiple lives such as Syma or Zadi's parents. Zadi was a little hurt finding that out, but he came to accepting their deaths, again. All the same, Zadi learned quite a bit from this place and therefore felt grateful towards Syma for having guided him thus far.

500+/500 Part 5 Complete

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

After learning the, so to speak, "secrets" of the Black Pyramid, it was time for Zadi to reconfigure his previous plans of attempting to eradicate the black rukh of this world.

"Hmmm, destiny had you, Syma, turn to ash in order to guide me to this place, the Black Pyramid. Is this place connected to the black rukh? I can't tell for modern magic seems to be unable to understand how and why rebirth takes place. Does this mean that the black rukh are responsible? Who's to say..."

Just then, Zadi decided something that no sane mage wanting to eradicate the black rukh would even consider, as far as Zadi knew; Zadi decided to turn his rukh black, or at least attempt to do so. So far the black rukh are known for BRINGING destruction in their wake and creating more in the process. How is what baffles Zadi. However, this is all the knowledge that Zadi has accumulated and if he wishes to turn his white rukh black in order to properly study and experiment the difference between white and black rukh, then he must find a way! Even if that means destruction...

"It can't be helped. Not for me at least."

Zadi felt pity for the things he may end up destroying, but if this is what destiny has planned for Zadi then so be it. Zadi grabbed his belongings and unsheathed his sword, Rukh Slayer. Zadi could feel an overwhelming amount of power surge throughout his body as he gripped the weapon. He hadn't ever felt this out of control since the first time he laid hands on Rukh Slayer afer embedding it with the Savage Ruby.

"Guess I'm nervous, heh."

Zadi clenched the sword and his left fist, shaking his head as he did so in order to stave off a greater flood of nerves. If he was to destroy the Black Pyramid and gain black rukh, then he would have to be ready to face the consequences. Zadi looked around the inside of the Black Pyramid and noticed a few pillars holding up the ceiling. Perhaps taking them all out would cause the top of the pyramid to collapse? Only one way to find out at this point. Zadi wasn't an architect after all.

Zadi got close enough to slash at the pillar farthest from the entrance of the pyramid. If the ceiling really did collapse after taking out all the pillars, it would be most beneficial to Zadi's well being if he was closer to the entrance at the end of all the destruction. Anyway, Zadi gripped Rukh Slayer tightly and used the Savage Ruby's ability to increase the sheer force of the blade, cutting the pillar diagonally in half in one swift strike. The pillar seemed to shift a little but not significantly enough to cause any sort of immediate structural damage. Therefore, Zadi ended up kicking the the pillar down with a well placed blow in order to force the pillar to slide and fall quicker. This caused the pyramid to rumble a little which started Zadi's heart to pump even quicker.

Don't chicken out yet!

Zadi took control of the situation and continued his "rampage", as it were, striking down nearly all the back pillars in just a few minutes! The pyramid could definetly be seen as structurally unsound but just the back row wouldn't be enough. Zadi ran towards the other pillars and unleashed even more "mayhem", as it were, knocking down pillar after pillar! Unfortunately for Zadi, his original assessment of the Black Pyramid was incorrect in that it was nearly uninhabited. What looked like five strength magicians, priests of the pyramid probably, rushed out to asses all the damage that Zadi has dealt to the pyramid. Obviously they ended up being a little more than unhappy as three of them attempted to stabilize the broken pillars of the pyramid while the other two went to try and execute Zadi for his crimes against the pyramid and probably even Heliohapt. At this point it didn't matter as Zadi was in deep dodo. His rukh weren't even slightly tinted black even though he was so close to destroying the pyramid from the inside. This practically infuriated Zadi as he got his want out and shot two lasers at the priests aiming for Zadi with blasts of strength magic.

The lasers clashed with the attacks of the priests! The two priests weren't half bad at offensive magic. Not only that, but the pyramid stopped rumbling, too. Zadi was between a rock and a hard place now. Five magicians, now that the other three were done stabilizing the pillars, were on the move to attacking Zadi with every ounce of knowledge that they processed. There wasn't much that Zadi could do...or was there? With the limited amount of space, perhaps it was best to use melee attacks to try and turn this situation around? Zadi started to calculate a mile-a-minute as to what his next and next-next moves would be if he wanted to be alive when the Black Pyramid fell.

After a couple seconds of thinking, Zadi got out his shield, Knight's Defender, and help his sword horizontally pointing next to the shield, pointing both at the priests. With a quick 1 meter Flash Step to the right of the priests and ending said step behind the center alter, the attacks of the priests missed Zadi by only one meter! With the alter in the way, the priests would wait for Zadi to come out but from where was practically unknown. With only one Flash Step used, Zadi took another 1 meter long step. However, here is the tricky part. Zadi got closer to the alter rather than away to the right or left of it. This would get Zadi closer to the priests without the risk of an oncoming attack. From what Zadi could see, the priests know how to lift and glue together stone while only being able to use relatively small blasts of strength magic in order to attack. Not much to go on, but if the priests knew more than that, then they should have done so as soon as Zadi was behind the tall alter. All the same, Zadi was now only 10 meters from the priests, behind the sight obscuring alter. Zadi then took another step towards the alter, getting 1 meter closer.

Now being as close as be possibly could, Zadi assessed that the priests could be charging up their magic power in order to either combine for a more potent blast or many individual potent blasts of strength magic. Either which way, Zadi was prepared as his shield was still up for defensive purposes. If the blasts seemed too powerful even for Zadi's shield alone, then his borg would lighten the load first.

With three Flash Steps taken and being 9 meters from the priests...Zadi obliterated the alter! With the help of the Savage Ruby. Zadi backhanded the alter with his shield while also slashing at it with his sword. The alter was rather thick so one last blow was dealt using his own forehead! All three hits sent the alter into a rubbly oblivion leaving nothing between Zadi and priests as Zadi continued his forward motion. The priests were in shock at the scene they had just witnessed. Something like this had never even been attempted before! The alter was the most sacred and even the most magically imbued part of the Black Pyramid. It was what made it work! Seeing it destroyed didn't fill the priests with rage. It filled them all with shocking disbelief. They couldn't react to Zadi at this point making it all too easy to knock out the priests with a pommel jab to the back of the head. All Zadi did was circle around with the remaining number of Flash Steps that he had and knocked unconscious each and every priests as they stumbled to try and protect themselves.

At the end of it all, not even Zadi's borg was scratched. The priests of the Black Pyramid were all out cold. Now all Zadi had to do was drag them outside and destroy the pillars all over again. It ended up being quite simple. Zadi used his slash-kick method again and again on all the pillars. Slash for softening and a kick for "killing", so to speak. Zadi saved the pillars closets to the entrance of the pyramid to last allowing for a quick escape before witnessing the grand collapse of the Black Pyramid. That is to say, if it were to have actually collapsed. Like any person who wasn't an architect, Zadi guessed wrong about the pillars being "major" support structures. In fact, Zadi doubted that they did little more than make the insides look nice. Sure there was some rumbling earlier but from what Zadi discerned, the rumbling wasn't anything more than Zadi's kicking. The kicks were powerful after all.

"Friggin' wow! Now I gotta do this by hand..."

Zadi got out his wand and used Gravity Lift in order to fly towards the top of the still-standing pyramid. Then Zadi formulated a spell out of his @$$ which involved throwing the individual stones that made up the pyramid...one...by...one. And so Zadi did just that. Zadi created a stream of strength magic that fit around a single stone. When the stream made contact with the first stop, the stone was shot through the stream like a ball in a cannon. A cute sight to see but repeating said sight over and over again ended up being a little too tedious for Zadi's taste but this was all he could do. His mind wasn't rested enough to think of a properly functioning combination magic using light and strength type magics so he just had to stick with the long way of doing things.

It was dawn when Zadi finished his task. Stones of the pyramid were scattered as far as the eye could see, so to speak. The stream of strength magic was lifted and Zadi was exhausted. The deed was done, to a degree. Was scattering everything that made the Black Pyramid really "destruction" or just an "inconvenience"? Sure the stones could be retrieved again, but it would take an army of slaves to get all the rocks before the desert ate them up. In a sense, Zadi did obliterate the pyramid, just not the conventional rubble. However, the real test to see if what Zadi did was of any significance would be if his rukh were different in shade;

Damn...how much do I have to destroy in order to see any progress?

Tragic really. As it turns out, Zadi knew nothing more about the black rukh. Was destroying the Black Pyramid all for no reason at all or was there some progress in tinting Zadi white rukh black? No way to tell. Not now at least.

1,500+/1,500 Part 6 Complete

220 Magoi/Stamina
Tech(s):

Item(s):

Social(s):

Last edited by Zadi on 30/05/15, 05:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

A sudden presence could be felt besides Zadi; what looked to be an old man, cloaked in black. Though he did not seem to be there just a moment ago, his demeanor seemed to say he had been there for some time. Had it been midday there was no doubt the cloak would be incredibly hot. Even so, the sun was beginning to make the cool night air slowly recede as the moments passed on. The man seemed to be surveying the scene alongside Zadi. A close look at his face showed an age beyond normal for one to be traveling alone in the desert; the wrinkles and slightly hunched back seemed to imply the man was closing in to his 100th birthday, if he hadn't passed it already. A gnarled staff seemed to help support the man.

He turned to Zadi and grinned, revealing a set of disgusting blackened teeth. Some of which seemed like they were just ready to fall out with a good whack. "Quite a number was done on this place... I can't imagine you would know why it was done, or who had done it, would you?" As he spoke, some of the teeth dangled and moved, but the gums stubbornly kept hold of the teeth. The man's stare was unnerving, and something about his question seemed staged. As if he already knew, in part, the answer to one of those two questions.

A flutter of black Rukh flew from the man, though it did not seem to bring about others.

OOC: I'm assuming you aren't still flying with this character's entrance post.

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zadi continued to look upon the debris of the former while feeling the sand shift underneath his feet. However, something felt odd. An presence that didn't seem to be around just a moment ago. Zadi looked towards the fallen priests but they looked to be completely asleep at this point. Then Zadi looked back at the fallen pyramid, shaking the feeling of the strangely sudden presence until, out of the corner of one of his eyes, he say a darkly cloaked person. In surprise, Zadi jumped away from the seemingly elderly man, pointing his wand at him in defense.

"Ah! Who are you!? How long have you been here!?"

Upon further assessment of the situation, Zadi didn't feel threatened by the old man. Whether this was a good thing or suspicious thing was uncertain but Zadi lowered his wand. If the old man wanted to hurt or kill Zadi, he probably could have done so a hundred fold already. The old man seemed to be surveying the rubble just as Zadi had only moments ago. However, as if to mock Zadi's reasons, the elderly man asked why Zadi did what he did. Zadi glared at the old man in frustration. Being mocked was no fun after all.

"Right, I feel as though you already know seeing as you are swarming with what I want, so what do you want from me?"

The appearance of the stranger didn't prompt Zadi to feel any more threatened of the black rukh that started to swarm around. It actually felt rather natural to see such a sight from a man such as that. Granted, Zadi has equated black rukh with destruction so he felt he needed to put some sort of guard up. Hopefully his borg would do. Again though, aside from the black rukh, the elderly man did seem threatening at the moment. More grotesque than anything from the look of his teeth.

220 Magoi/Stamina

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Though he did not show particular surprise at Zadi implying that he was interested in the Black Rukh, the old man did frown for just a moment. It seemed as if he knew who had caused the destruction, but only had guesses as to why. Before the frown could become anything more than a temporary fixture upon his visage, the old man chuckled at Zadi's turnaround question. "So, you don't want to play along with an old man's source of amusement? Fine, fine... It is not what I want with you, it is about whether or not I can do something to assist you. I admire your handiwork here." The old man looked again across the expanse. There was no way to see the full extent of destruction from the ground, however, as the entirety of the horizon was blocked by the multitude of stone.

There was a number of stones that had split, colliding with each other on their descent. The amount of destruction Zadi had caused was great, indeed. "So. I can only assume you are interested in the black Rukh. I, and some 'friends' of mine, are somewhat acquainted with it. What do you wish of it?" The man seemed to be blunt with his response, though there were slight undercurrents implying that there was more to the man's 'friends' than he was letting on.

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

The old man looked again upon Zadi's destruction while praising Zadi for his efforts. However, the later question and word "friends" made Zadi raise a brow. Whether it was in confusion or surprise was something that not even Zadi knew. Just a natural response to such a question. These question have plagued Zadi for some time now. The best example of Zadi frustration with these kinds of questions would be when the purple haired woman asked what Zadi's intentions with the black rukh were. Zadi's developed instincts told him to lie and so he did without getting any closer to the black rukh. However, the purple haired woman's rukh were white. This old man's are black.

Friggin' wow. In a rut again. Truth or lie? He looks to be a magician on top of being elderly. A lifetime of experience could probably help him discern if I'm lying to him or not. Though I guess telling the truth could lead to equally terrible results.

Thinking the possible repercussions in his head, Zadi decided that it would make logical sense to just tell the truth. From his experiences, lying had only gotten him into deeper ruts. However, a new question posed to himself came up; what DID Zadi wish of the black rukh? At first he wanted to eradicate them. Now he wishes to integrate with them and study them in order to eradicate them. Are both wishes the same? Both end in eradication but what if the black rukh aren't what Zadi has been told and experiencing all along? It has been a long moment since that question posed by the old man. At this point there was no point in waiting any longer to respond.

"I...I wish..."

Zadi looked towards the ground in anguish. His indecisiveness has been crippling him severely. Not just now, but all the time. Zadi turned towards the destruction he had caused and thought about the feelings invoked through said destruction. To be honest, the scenery was quite surreal. It felt rather natural to Zadi. Quite beautiful really. But was this scenery what Zadi wanted most of the black rukh? He did come to a rather hasty and, quite honestly, rash conclusion that destruction brings about black rukh within the destroyer. However, Zadi knew what he loved about this scenery. It was different. With white rukh, Zadi hasn't been able to do much anyway. Might as well try out black rukh and see the results.

"I wish for it to change the scenery of this world. Mind helping me see that happen?"

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The old man looked at Zadi; the words he spoke were cryptic, if anything. Considering the destruction once more, the old man's face became like a stone mask, the grin plastered across his face and his eyes squinted in what could only be described as some sort of sick satisfaction. "If it is a change in scenery you desire, my friends and I would be more than happy to help you along. But..." The man hesitated, looking towards Zadi with his head cocked to the side. It seemed he was considering the Magician.

"How would you like to go about 'changing the scenery', so to speak?" The man seemed to be feeling out Zadi's decision, attempting to determine just what kind of man he was. The question was obviously a probing one, though why he asked could certainly be anyone's guess. Before there was an opportunity to respond, however, the man clarified. "You see, our friends specialize in different methods to reach their goals. I want to make sure you are fitted with those most... appropriate." The man stared at the still-living bodies of the priests that were lying not too far away, just as Zadi had done earlier. It seemed he had noted, in part, some of Zadi's methods so far.

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

zadi felt more at ease now that he let that off of his chest. He felt he had just lifted a two ton stone off of his consciousness. Now all he had to do was happily explain what he meant by "changing the scenery". Now his cheery self again, Zadi began his response.

"Hahaha! I'm actually glad you asked. You see, when I looked back at where a grand pyramid just stood I realized something; in order to make something better, you have to destroy it and build it back up. Now that this pyramid is in ruins, it can be rebuilt but in such a way that it suits this modern age."

Zadi's proposal was obviously destruction of this current world and a renewal of its structure. However, was such a thing truly "evil"? As long as everyone survives and gets to rebuild their lives after the destruction, what's so evil? Zadi doesn't think anything evil when he thinks about "destruction". Destruction can be very good. A volcano, for instance, covers its surroundings in ashes and from the ashes rise stronger, healthier plants. Though the kind of destruction that Zadi wishes for is not to cover things, but to uproot and replace.

"I wish to uproot the structure of this world and replace it with something fantastic. Granted, one could just cover everything and build on top of it but that's no fun. However, I world is too vast and therefore I currently cannot think of any specific change that I may wish to see. Apologizes for all the metaphors."

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The old man cocked his head at Zadi's comments, 'hmm'ing and 'ahhh'ing during his explanation. He closed his eyes, nodding. When the magician was finished speaking, the old man grinned and opened his eyes up once more. "I see, I see. So you are a fan after all, eh..?" He stared at Zadi for a brief moment before he lifted his staff up and turned fully towards Zadi. One hand reached into his black robes and pulled out a pouch. "A fan of an old man's games, that is. Heheh. Listen closely, as you have allies out there. If you ever are interested in doing something like this in the future, you can always draw upon our assistance. Take this." The old man handed the pouch over to Zadi.

Within the confines of the leather purse, after pulling the string to release it, Zadi would find some old coins. Beneath some of those coins, he would find a note explaining that if he went to the port of Heliohapt, he would need to find a conspicuous place called 'The Purple Dragon'. There, if he gave the pass code 'Black Birds of Wonder set us free' to the barkeep, he would be able to get in touch with their members. "Remember. It is what we can do for you, not what you can do for us. Do you have any further questions?" The old man brought his tongue to one of his wobbly teeth and played with it, evidence of which could be seen by the movements of his closed mouth. Miraculously it did not fall out, though Zadi would be none the wiser regardless.

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

The old man seemed pleased at Zadi's words and gave Zadi a pouch. Upon recieving the pouch, Zadi opened it to see a couple handfuls of old looking coins that didn't look to be of Huang currency from what Zadi could see. Zadi wished to thank the elderly gentleman with his rotting teeth, but looking back up, Zadi didn't see a thing. It was as if the old man was never there. As quick to leave as he was to enter. Zadi instead just gave a slight smile. Knowing now that he had the power in his hands to change this world into something ironically less destructive, Zadi put away the pouch and headed off towards Heliohapt.

Now's the time for me to make a name for myself and my new cause. No more hiding, no more crawling, no more quiet whispers. I feel as though I can actually let loose for a change.

"MUAHAHAHAHA!!!- erhmhm. Wonder where that came from."

[exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum