You are not connected. Please login or register

Spy Kids! .... wait a minute... [Job - Serenity]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bahir

Bahir
β-Tier
β-Tier

After a night of celebration, Bahir led his trainees to a location on the northern end of Portsmouth. It was nearly two kilometers from the port town. The eight spies-to-be followed the fanalis diligently. Bahir was a little surprised in all honesty. He figured the hike would act as a final weed out. The remaining eight were even keeping up with him. Some of them were smiling as they made their way to the field that Bahir was taking them to.

The training would take a few days, maybe even a few weeks. He knew that turning these thieves, street rats, and common people into creatures of shadow was going to be a big challenge. Not only for them, but for Bahir as well. Despite popular belief, his main concern was if the people would be able to handle themselves. This is what the first couple of days would focus on. The spies in training will show off their physical capacity to the red haired assassin and then their combat prowess. Even though the process will be tedious and mind numbing, possibly even body numbing, Bahir was looking forward to it. He was a bit interested in what their backgrounds had forced them to develop as far as physical and combative ability... especially the fanalis girl that had been in Portsmouth.

Stopping at the spot, Bahir turned to look at them all with a smile. "Alright. This is where your training will begin." Bahir smiled and started to remove his white overcoat and grinned at his new students. The man stood there in his black pants and his dark crimson shirt with his arms crossed. He had an unfair physical advantage over all but one of them, but even then he was sure that he had an edge on the girl. Luckily for Bahir, there was an even number of them so he could pair them off and have them fight, tournament style. This, of course, would happen later.

After they all had the chance to stop moving and take in the landscape, Bahir would speak again. "First things first, I need to see how you all compare physically. How strong are you? How fast are you? These are the things I need to know by the end of this day. Your initial test showed me how resourceful or cunning you are. The second test showed me that you would be courageous and follow my orders. Today, the trek here from Remano showed me that you are loyal and are willing to follow me despite how far and tiring the journey. This training will be your reward."

Bahir moved to the side and showed them a small obstacle course that Bahir had set up. There was a rock wall, monkey bars, hurdles, an area for a certain number of push ups to be done, and even swinging pendulums. For safety reasons, the swinging pendulums didn't have blades at the end. Instead, they had a rather large stone, wrapped in three layers of padding. Even though the hit won't be fatal... it will more than likely knock someone unconscious for a few hours.

"Alright. On my mark you all will run through this course. Get through this as fast as you can. In the push up area, you will be required to do thirty five push ups. Understood?" Before he could get a clear answer from his recruits, he moved on. "Good! Now. On your mark... Get set... GO!" As the fanalis yelled 'go', the trainees sprinted towards the course.
Word Count: 593/1500

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Spy Kids! .... wait a minute... [Job - Serenity] XhmcID2Spy Kids! .... wait a minute... [Job - Serenity] ZvsP1Sc

Bahir

Bahir
β-Tier
β-Tier

Bahir watched as the men and women scrambled through the obstacle course. The fanalis couldn't help but snicker at their antics. Thankfully, all of them passed the agility and dextrous portions of the obstacle course with flying colors. Their main problem came about in the physical strength portion. However, this was what Bahir was expecting. The man crossed his arms as he waited on his students to continue their push ups and pull ups. The sight was starting to evolve from amusing to discouraging. I'm going to need to work them a bit more than I imagined. He thought to himself. There was one of the group that didn't show frailty. It was the fanalis girl. She completed the obstacle course with impressive speed, surprising the assassin a bit.

The girl stood in front of Bahir, her breathing slightly heavier. Her eyes and Bahir's met for a moment. He could feel a bit of familiarity from them. She was suspicious of him still. Bahir didn't back down and held the eye contact for a moment before the rest of the men and women made their way over to the two. This girl... Hmph. He nodded to her and then turned to face the rest of the group. He let them to their devices for only a moment, to let them get a hold of their breathing, and began to address them. "Good. You finished the obstacle course, but we're not done for the day." The fanalis was met by a collective groan. The sound of disappointment secretly pleased him. They weren't broken... yet. Bahir couldn't decide if they would need to be or not. Why not? He was broken down in his initial training...

Bahir smiled at the group and spread his legs until his feet were shoulder width apart. "Hey now! No bellyaching! You will become the deadliest, most efficient, and most crucial group of people in Reim. IF you have the right attitude. That groaning and moaning isn't gonna cut it. Take pride in your training. When I'm finished with you, this will be nothing. You'll be faster and stronger than you ever thought you could be."

Bahir watched as the group's faces started to lift a bit. There wasn't excitement on their faces, but there was no longer a feeling of doubt or unwillingness. "Good. Now that you understand the weight of this training, your next task. Now I want you all to pair up and spar amongst each other. This will be a tournament style exhibition. The last man, or woman, standing will spar with me. I'm getting bored." The group started to murmur among themselves. It was mostly centered around the possibility of fighting two fanalis in one day. Bahir stood at the front, waiting on them to calm down. He knew that they would eventually. The shock doesn't last long... supposedly.

Once the rumblings had silenced, Bahir paired the eight people into four groups of two. Watching as they each fought. It was difficult, but he watched each fight. In hind sight... I probably should have had the fights happen one at a time. He thought to himself as his eyes darted back and forth from the fights. There was an interesting amount of potential in this group. They all had their own way of fighting. Hm... I won't change a thing. The variety will help in the long run. Hostile spies won't be able to accurately prepare for a way to fend them off.

Bahir was starting to get excited. Seeing them all give what they had in the tournament was heart warming. Before he knew it, the first round was done. Before they could group up once more, Bahir stepped forward to intervene. "Alright, alright. That's enough for today. We'll continue tomorrow." With that, the group of trainees helped their downed comrades back to their feet and they started to set up camp. Bahir assisted them in the building of the fire and shared with them provisions that he packed, including a bit of ale. This was a good first day. Can't wait to see what they continue to bring to the table. He thought as the sun began to set.
[b]Word Count:[b] 1301/1500

Spy Kids! .... wait a minute... [Job - Serenity] XhmcID2Spy Kids! .... wait a minute... [Job - Serenity] ZvsP1Sc

Serenity

Serenity
D-Tier
D-Tier

The sun was shining brightly upon the city of Portsmouth as the recruits trudged on. The soft breeze circling through place was cool and refreshing to the touch. It was as if the gods themselves took pity upon the men and women hiking through the rocky mountain towards a location unknown. Seven. Only seven of them remained, eight including herself. Serenity shifted her focus slowly towards the right of her then slowly towards the left before shifting her eyes back towards the front. The fanalis knew that this course would determine who would stay and who would leave. She for one, though, definitely wasn't going to be among those leaving. She was going to stay among the recruits even if it killed her. Serenity continued her steady pace at the center of the group. Two kilometers... It wsn't that bad. Her extensive training with the group had truly done miracles on how much she could resist and keep on going. Serenity had never imagined the turn her life would take when she had stepped foot on Portsmouth. Sure she had known that her life would be ever changing once she had left Imuchukk, but never in this sort of manner. At least, not that fast. Her mind dirfted back towards the present. Her companions began to speed up. She had a feeling they were trying to prove something. Her lips curled up into a soft smile as she quickened her pace. It wasn't long until she made it towards the front. It was a while until they arrived at their destination.

The Fanalis before them all, their leader, stopped and looked towards them all with a smile. Serenity stared intently at the man. She didn't trust him entirely, but she was taking the chance. After all, he hadn't lied or decieved to them this far. Therefore, she would follow his orders unless he proved otherwise. "Alright. This is where your training will begin." The male removed his overcoat and grinned. "First things first, I need to see how you all compare physically. How strong are you? How fast are you? These are the things I need to know by the end of this day. Your initial test showed me how resourceful or cunning you are. The second test showed me that you would be courageous and follow my orders. Today, the trek here from Remano showed me that you are loyal and are willing to follow me despite how far and tiring the journey. This training will be your reward." Serenity nodded. She understood perfectly. The male moved, revealing the obstacle course they had to pass. Serenity stretched her arms as she took the site in. She was ready. "Alright. On my mark you all will run through this course." Serenity looked towards the training course. It would have been difficult a while back, but now... "Get through this as fast as you can. In the push up area, you will be required to do thirty five push ups. Understood?" The Serenity gave a firm nod. She got into running position and waited for the boss's orders. Almost immediately, the command was given. "Good! Now. On your mark... Get set... GO!"

As the boss gave his command, a flurry of bodies burst fowards. She was thankful for her Fanalis lineage as it gave her an edge with the training especially with the speed. Even so it was troublesome to pass the obstacles with everyone getting to them at about the same time, but some of them began taking turns to move throughout them allowing the recruits to pass through them with flying colors. Even if it was a competition between them all, teamwork was vital if they all wished to breeze through the course. As Serenity pushed herself to finish the course, she was a bit surprised with herself. She had known she had gotten stronger, but she hadn't known how much until now. She was quick to reach the strength portion. Immediately, she began her push ups and sit ups. Sweat dripped down her brown and her muscles seemed ready to burst, but the half fanalis went on. She just had to finish this. If not for herself then for the memory of her family. Once down, she jogged towards the Fanalis leadr and stood before him. Her breaths were ragged yet a grin had made its way across her face. She met his eyes and held his gaze. Her eagerness began to slowly fade as her gaze hardened and became filled with suspicion. It wasn't until the rest of the recruits came up behind her did he nod and break their gaze. Her face still remained stern as he addressed them all. "Good. You finished the obstacle course, but we're not done for the day." Serenity bit back groan and sighed. She had made it this far. She believed she could keep on going... maybe...

The Fanalis smiled causing Serenity's eyes to narrow. "Hey now! No bellyaching! You will become the deadliest, most efficient, and most crucial group of people in Reim. IF you have the right attitude. That groaning and moaning isn't gonna cut it. Take pride in your training. When I'm finished with you, this will be nothing. You'll be faster and stronger than you ever thought you could be." The recruits lit up but she simply listened. He seemed satified with their reactions. "Good. Now that you understand the weight of this training, your next task. Now I want you all to pair up and spar amongst each other. This will be a tournament style exhibition. The last man, or woman, standing will spar with me. I'm getting bored." Serenity gulped. She couldn't help it. She had never learned how to fight so this was try going to be a challenge for her. Still, she rid her face of emotion. After all, the first sign of weakness was the ultimate downfall. Once they were all settled, they were immediately paired off. Serenity gave a firm nod to the woman before her. The two immediately began to spar. To her surprise, it was relaxing despite the aching of her muscles. Both woman continued to spar, neither backing down. It was a tournament afterall and no one wished to be proclaimed the loser of the first round. Hours seemed to pass by until the woman began to show signs of fatigue Luck seemed to be on Serenity's side for when the woman gave an opening, she was quick to strike. She had won.

Serenity's opponent glared but said nothing. They waited until everyone was done with their sparring before beginning to make their way towards new opponents. It was then the the Fanalis intervened. "Alright, alright. That's enough for today. We'll continue tomorrow." Sighs of relief could be heard as the recruits began to help each other up. It was over for the day. Recruits banded together and quickly began to set up camp. They separated into groups, each with their ow tasks. Before anyone knew it, it was all set up. Just in time as well for the sun was beginning to set. Serenity sighed. She was proud of herself. She nibbled on the bit of food the Fanalis had shared with them all. What did he have planned for the next day? She could only wait and see.

[b]Word Count:[b] 1225/1500

Spy Kids! .... wait a minute... [Job - Serenity] 8V5R2vE

Bahir

Bahir
β-Tier
β-Tier

Bahir enjoyed the company of his apprentices. It was a feeling that he never thought he would experience. Perhaps... perhaps this is why my old man has taken more on. He thought to himself. He sighed as he relaxed into his glass of ale and the conversation being had among the students. They were interestingly enough sharing their past with each othe. The fanalis blinked at the openness they had with each other. There weren't that many people that he could have that feeling with. Perhaps he was starting to envy them a bit. The bonding that they had, Bahir didn't have much experience of in his child or adult lives.

It was getting late, and there was work to be done in the morning. So despite how much he was enjoying the festivities, the assassin stood and cleared his throat. "Alright everyone. Hit the hay. We're starting bright and early tomorrow. With that, the fanalis poured what remained of his mug onto the fire, dousing it.

The next morning, Bahir was awake before dawn. He laid there in the darkness, preparing for twilight and listening to his students. If any of them were to get up and stir about, he would hear them and would begin watching them. It wasn't long before the fanalis was tired of lying there however. Even so, he controlled himself, waiting a bit longer until he got up to begin the next day of their training. Bahir felt his eyes close as he began to meditate a bit. Even if he felt no physical benefits from the activity, he enjoyed how it relaxed him. The next thing he knew, he could feel the sun's warmth. That was his sign. The assassin sat up and opened his eyes, looking towards the horizon. The sun was just beginning to peek over it and a grin spread across his face.

"Alright!" he bellowed, "Day two begins now! Get up! We have a LOT to do today." If his voice didn't wake any particular person, he would go to their sleeping body and wake them with a nudge from his boot. When they were all awake, groggy or not, he would begin to stretch his body a bit, alleviating any stiffness. "Today we're starting off by going for a little 'job'. We'll jog for a few kilometers and then sprint for a few. Wash, rinse, repeat. Understood? Alright. Let's go!" He knew he didn't give them much time. He didn't give himself much time either. Before any of them could ask what he said, he took off into a job, heading towards what seemed like nothing. The run would take them around thirty minutes, there and back. He was interested to see who would keep up with him that day.

After the run, the group would return to the area where they made camp. Might need to let em rest a bit. He thought to himself as he waited on them all to filter in. "Good morning boys and girls! No better way to start the day, right? Good. You all will have a slight break here. You get ten minutes. Then we continue with round two of our little tournament. If you were eliminated yesterday, you will be working on your physical strength today until this round has finished." Bahir turned from the group and began distributing a light breakfast to anyone who was interested in it.

After the men and women were rested up, Bahir signaled them all to gather before splitting them up into their pairs again. The trainees that were eliminated the day before already began going through the obstacle course again, improving their speed and performance. If they were too slow for Bahir's tastes they did suicide sprints between two trees of Bahir's choosing, pull ups from a tree branch, or push ups. Now it was time for the tournament to continue. With a grin, Bahir crossed his arms and addressed his fighters, "Begin!"
Word Count: 1500+/1500

Bahir

Bahir
β-Tier
β-Tier

((Serenity told me to skip over her so I could finish the job.. u__u))
This round of fighting didn't last nearly as long as the day before. Due to this, the spy allowed the tournament to continue. Bahir watched as his students displayed their fighting ability. He was a little impressed to see that his students had adapted their fighting style from the day before. At least they are smart enough to learn from watching the other fights. he thought to himself as the last two were decided. The two combatants looked to Bahir to see if they should continue to end the tournament. Bahir looked at the placement of the sun in the sky and grinned. He looked back to the two and nodded, letting them proceed. The fight lasted a few minutes, impressing the fanalis a bit. However, the results were as he predicted they would be: Serenity came out on top. Though she may have not had the best technique, she had raw, natural advantage.

After the tournament, Bahir cleared his throat loudly, gaining the attention of the apprentices that were forced to work out during the tournament. Once all of his students gathered around him, some more worn out than the others, Bahir motioned for all of them to sit. He inhaled deeply, crossing his arms over his chest and put some distance between him and the others. "Good job these last few days. I'm proud of all of you. Your training isn't over, though. Tonight, I will teach you most of the secrets of the Shadow. Your martial skills will only be necessary if you are discovered, I won't be asking all of you to kill. However, the goal is to NOT be discovered... Understood?"

The group nodded in almost perfect unison. Bahir figured that some of them would be too winded to speak, so the gesture was acceptable. As dusk settled in, Bahir passed drinks along to all of them and began his lecturing. Letting them know that lighting was their best friend and enemy. Exposure to actual light would be their downfall, but hiding in the shadows that it creates would make for a successful mission. Surprisingly, all of his students were giving him their full attention. It's beginning to click... good. He thought as he looked into their hungry eyes. As the sun faded, so did the energy from the group. Bahir stood over them as they slept. Quietly, the fanalis finished his own mug of ale and grabbed a few slips of paper and a pen.

On each of the sleeping spies, Bahir laid an assignment for each of them. It was rather simple, but it did call for some of them to relocate from Remano to live in some of the smaller areas of Reim. They were to keep eyes on their respective areas and to report back to Bahir on any and every thing that seemed worthy of note. The main priority of the group was to report to Bahir of any separatist or treasonous plans or ideas being planted into the citizens heads. The next was any suspicious movements of people that may have been of foreign descent. Lastly, they were told to report to Bahir on the economical and agricultural standings of their regions that they were stationed. Sure they were going to be used as counter intelligence, but he needed to make sure that the Emperor knew of any and all needs that his people may have needed.

Before the men and women would wake the next morning, Bahir would be gone. All of them would be left maps to get to their new homes and back from the secluded area. They were left with one final message: "Make me proud."
-EXIT-
Word Count: 1500+/1500

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum