You are not connected. Please login or register

Shivering Limericks [Private/Bahir]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"Now that it is just us... I have a question for you..." The fanalis crossed his arms and looked the magician in his eyes. "That power you used in Ostia to take out the commander... what was it? You didn't mention it while you were describing the magic... and it was different from what you did with your hair earlier. Apollo did something similar, though the color scheme and effects were different. Was it magic?"

Azix looked up in surprise at Bahir's question, still taken off guard by Neo's question and prompt departure. The orange magician gave the Fanalis man a small smile, considering his response carefully. Azix was hesitant to reveal the power of the Djinn, however he couldn't simply brush off Bahir's inquiry. "Ah, so you noticed that, huh?"

Azix chuckled, "It is a form of magic, yes. The magic of a Djinn, a powerful being, found within a dungeon." He turned away from Bahir and looked up at the stars. The orange magician considered the Fanalis' character and let out a sigh, "It is the power of Kings. With it, a person can change the world."

He turned back to face Bahir, "I speak this to sate your curiosity only. Share this information with no one. I would hate for someone with ill intents to learn of this."

Bahir

Bahir
β-Tier
β-Tier

Bahir nodded to the magician. There was very little that escaped Bahir's senses. That specific power that he questioned Azix about sparked an unusual curiosity within the fanalis. Bahir was a little relieved to find out that the power was in fact magic. However, he had yet to hear about the creature that Azix referred to. This "djinn" thing. If Bahir's mind was organized like a file cabinet, the subject of the djinn would be placed in the "Read Later" file. Azix finished his spiel and Bahir gave the man another nod, even if Azix's back was facing him.

"I won't breathe these words to another." Bahir wasn't one to betray secrets. Especially considering that his way of living consisted of multiple secrets. The fanalis took another step towards the magician, filled with curiosity. He was curious as to how the magician received such power from the dungeons. The power of kings... Bahir narrowed his eyes as he scanned the magician in front of him. So this man had the power of a King? A grin unknowingly spread across Bahir's face. He crossed his arms and walked a little to the side of Azix, "You are sure that I'm someone without ill intent? I could just be a spy for those who seek to oust this kingdom or even someone as powerful as you, who could be a problem." The fanalis's words held no animosity towards the magician. He was just questioning Azix's trust in the spy. Of course, he didn't mind it much at all... after the war... Bahir found himself fairly trusting of the orange magician, as well. Despite not knowing the man on a personal level. He was a fanalis afterall. Someone who has proved themselves in battle can instantly gain the respect and trust of their kind.

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Azix watched as a grin stretched on Bahir's face and chuckled at the Fanalis' question. "Well, if you are, then I'll just have to kill you." He gave the man a wink before his face settled into a serious expression. It was always a possibility that Bahir was a spy who would sell this secret to the highest bidder, however Azix didn't get that vibe from him. They had fought together against a common enemy and the Fanalis had earned the respect of the orange magician and a bit of trust. Azix hoped it was well placed, but if it he had judged Bahir wrong, the magician would have no qualms with killing him.

The orange magician brought his hand up to rub his jaw. "What do you plan to do now that the war is over?"

Bahir

Bahir
β-Tier
β-Tier

Bahir blinked, staring at Azix as he gave his answer. 'I'll just have to kill you...' Bahir couldn't help but smile at this. It was the type of answer that he was hoping for! The mindset of someone who knew to eliminate immediate threats, but remain cordial towards others. Sometimes, the same person! This was the kind of person that Azix was making himself out to be in front of the fanalis. Bahir eyed the man and chewed on the inside of his cheek. Perhaps... perhaps telling him would come in handy... I could get good work from this.. he fought with himself. Before he knew it, the orange magician was questioning him, snapping him from his thoughts.

"Me? After the war...?" The fanalis looked down a bit in thought. From his face, one would think he was trying to get his life together. He was really just trying to discern if Azix could be included in his truth. He, to this day, felt bad that he lied to Ayero, the first person to be kind to him in Remano. With a light sigh, the fanalis spoke up, "I'm going to search for my father. He's an assassin that ended up being sold into slavery here in Remano. I found out that Lagi abolished this when I first landed in Portsmouth, but I haven't seen my father since I've been here. I've asked around and none seem to know of his whereabouts."

The fanalis had gotten caught up in his explanation and went silent for a moment, staring at the ground. Remembering that there was another person there and he wasn't just by himself, he snatched himself from his thoughts and looked back towards Azix. "What about you?"

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

While Bahir replied, Azix kept an eye on the man, searching for the truth in the Fanalis' words. The orange magician was unable to detect any falsehoods, which surprised him a bit, however he supposed it was because he had been honest with Bahir from the start. 'An assassin sold into slavery?' The idea that a highly trained killer would be caught unaware was amusing, but he didn't show it in his face.

Azix let the man lapse into silence, giving Bahir time to organize his thoughts. When Bahir finally spoke up again, he asked what the magician planned to do after the war. It was now Azix's turn to stare off distantly, deep in thought. Finally, Azix spoke up, his tone soft. "Most likely, I will help Reim rebuild the damage suffered in the war. Then I'll probably focus on expanding the workforce program further. Beyond that, I'm not sure. I've learned to let fate guide me down its path, rather than plan for the future. Fate doesn't seem to like plans all that much."

He gazed into Bahir's eyes, curiosity sparkling in his eyes. "You said your father became a slave? I might have a contact that could help look into it, if you would like me to. It's a shot in the dark and might not prove fruitful, so I can't promise anything, but it's worth a shot."

Bahir

Bahir
β-Tier
β-Tier

Bahir was a bit puzzled by Azix's answer at first. Let fate guide you? The young spy blinked a few times, trying to understand what the magician meant. He believed there to be a hidden meaning... however, the reality was less mystical than what he wanted to believe. The man, literally meant, letting fate take control. For some reason, that was a concept that Bahir wasn't too keen on. The rest of Azix's answer made the fanalis a bit happier. The man wanted to help Reim rebuild. Bahir was still fairly new to the empire, so the "workforce" that Azix mentioned caused a look of confusion appear on his face. "Work force?"

Azix then mentioned Bahir's story once more. The man had connections?! Bahir's eyes widened. So he's wanting to help me? W-why? The fanalis was confused for a moment and scratched the back of his head. "Really? Heh... th-thanks. I could use any kind of information I can get, really. I'm surprised he was even captured. They'd have to be some top level slave traders to really hold on to him." He thought to himself as he sighed. Perhaps he shouldn't have told Azix about his father being an assassin. What kind of highly skilled death machine gets captured by slave traders?! Especially one that has a physical advantage inherently. Either way, Bahir would focus on that later. This magician from another land was coming to the fanalis's rescue, but he had no way of repaying him. This began to trouble the assassin.

"Um. I don't have anything to pay you back with... but... I can earnestly say that I am in your debt. For the training, for helping me now... everything. If you ever need my assistance, you only need to ask!" The fanalis extended his hand towards the man with a smile on his face. He may have not fully known the man or had been able to fully trust him, but... he did feel the need to repay Azix for his kindness. One way, or the other.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum