Caravan Protection II [Job Chain/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

Caravan Protection II:

Attack of the Masked Bandit
Adrastos had the unfortunate luck of being hired for another caravan's protection. It was considerably smaller than the last, and the travels were said to be a 'milk run' because there wasn't any expensive goods that would attract money-loving bandits. Based on the information, Adrastos saw there being no issues similar to that of last time when the caravan he was protecting was ambushed by a group of thieves. In all, this was expected to be a smooth ride to Portsmouth with no delays.
The sun way high, its rays baked the travelers skin as if the earth was its own personal oven. Adrastos sat on top one of the wagons, keeping a watchful eye out for anything suspicious. The others told him there was no need for such actions when they had nothing of value that would bring in unwanted guests, but Adrastos, being the cautious man that he was, stood firm in his decision and went along with it anyway. He sat cross-legged with his staff at an angle so that he could lean against the wooden pole. His usual straight silver hair was tied back into a pony-tail, and he wore his customary black threads.
The caravan had been traveling for a full day now. There was mild chatter, but nothing of any importance to the blue mage from Magnostadt. He remained silent, not wanting to have anything to do with their mindless whispers. His mind shifted to the upcoming Coliseum match he would have after this job was completed. The upcoming match would be his fourth one in a row, but he hadn't received any information regarding the opponent he was to be put against. Adrastos shook his head, banishing the distracting thoughts. Right now was not the time to be thinking of Coliseum matches with a job on the line.
The caravan came to a sudden halt. The mage lurched forward and with a bewildered expression, he got to he feet to see what had caused the caravan to stop.
"Just give me what you have and nobody will get hurt," said a voice at the very front of the line. Another bandit? Why? There wasn't much here that would be of high value. The blue mage jumped down to the ground, landing on his feet firmly. He walked toward the front, his eyes set on what was in front of him until the bandit came within view. "Is there a problem?" Adrastos asked. "There will be if you don't hand over the goods and let me leave." The mage looked over the bandit. He was certainly well prepared by the looks of it and he held a certain confidence that the others did not have. "Looks like we have a problem then. You see, I'm the only person standing between you and your goal. The only way to get what you want is to go through me." The bandit smirked. "If that is how it is, then I can deal with that."
The bandit jumped forward, closing the distance that separated him and the blue magician, and attacked with his fencing-like sword. The attack was cancelled out by Adrastos' borg, but that didn't stop the bandit from using his Lunge attack and piercing Adrastos in his right shoulder. "Aqua Canno II," whispered Adrastos as he casted a spell that commanded the rukh to create a high pressured jet of water that would be directed at his enemy. However, his opponent parried using En Garde and immediately responded with Riposte. The blade slashed into Adrastos' side as he attempted to evade the strike. "I'll admit you are better than the last batch of thieves that tried to steal from the last caravan I was guarding." A smug smile spread across the thieve's face that was seen forming behind the fabric of the mask. "But," said Adrastos, "you are still no match for me."
Adrastos casted his Aqua Canno. The man parried the jet of water with En Garde, then used Lunge once again. Adrastos felt the blade go into his abdomen; he clenched his teeth tightly to keep himself from screaming. The magician glared at the thief with his eyes stone cold. He casted Aqua Bulla right in the man's face as a distraction so that he would back away. The bandit, not liking the fact that a mere magician was gaining the upper hand, thrusted his fencing styled sword at him. The magician suffered more wounds, most of them directed at his legs and arms. By now, Adrastos was covered in his own blood. Even his silver hair was dyed crimson at the tips. This has gone on long enough, thought the mage. I should end this quickly before I suffer any more damage. I don't know how much more I can take. Dodging yet another attack from the thief, Adrastos quickly used Adrustum Aura II and Aqua Cyclonas II to deliver the final blow. Adrastos stood over the still breathing man, and was tempted to deliver the killing blow. Instead, he tied him up and put him in the back of the caravan.
When they arrived at Portsmouth, the magician followed them to see that the bandit had been taken to jail immediately. Then, Adrastos sat with the leader of the caravan so that his wounds could be taken care of. The man led a useless conversation, one that Adrastos opted out to participate. All he cared about was the money he was promised when he successfully protected the caravan while the journeyed to Portsmouth. "You've done a lot for our caravan, sir. May I ask for a name?" Normally, Adrastos didn't give his name out. The only time was during a Coliseum match with Rufi. Now, since he had the time to come up with an alias since then, decided to give it. "My name is Neo Mortem. I'm just a humble magician that has traveled from my birth country, Magnostadt, to Reim so that I may offer my services to those who are in need of them." Handing a bag to Adrastos, he smiled. "Thank you, Neo. We need many men like you in this world." Adrastos pocketed the bag containing the Huang. To outsiders, he would be known as Neo Mortem, a simple magician wanting to do good, but for Kou, he would be Adrastos Thanatos, the Undaunted God of Death, the man who will rise into power, the man who will gain riches, the man who would become a king candidate, maybe even a dark king candidate, and the man who would become a legend.

[WC: 1,107/1,000]
[Magoi: 100/200]
Spells Used:

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Caravan Protection II [Job Chain/Solo] 3oCk1sb

Caravan Protection II [Job Chain/Solo] 7kZv0Du
Caravan Protection II [Job Chain/Solo] AmCJaPN Caravan Protection II [Job Chain/Solo] Ltg0RVb Caravan Protection II [Job Chain/Solo] VjD0Py3

Trait Points: 4/11 | SoS: 1

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum