You are not connected. Please login or register

Deeper into Darkness [Dungeon/Closed/Sara]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Zander

Zander
β-Tier
β-Tier
[Filler Post To Allow for Dice Roll]

Literally the dungeon of this dungeon. It is dark, damp, and very deep. It goes about 10,000 feet, leading into the Chamber itself. The only way to get down is a large flight of steps.


──────────────────────────────────────────────

Deeper into Darkness [Dungeon/Closed/Sara] Iku5Kto
Techniques | Delta - 3 | Kappa - 3 | Beta - 3 | Alpha - 0 | Omega - 0 [9/15]

Zander

Zander
β-Tier
β-Tier
This place seemed to be what you would expect from a dungeon; it was musky, dank, and Alek was pretty sure that he could smell rotting carcasses. 

The smell wasn't unfamiliar to him, having spent a great deal of his life near corpses during either his slave days where his masters would let those people who died doing their will rot where they fell, not letting their friends and loved ones attend to them,or during his years as a soldier where days upon days under the hot sun would cause the meat on the corpses to cook ever so slightly, giving the smell of burnt, rotting flesh. It was truly disgusting, and not something anyone would want to experience twice. 

This place was bringing back some bad memories, but he just had to repress them and carry on. If he didn't, this place would fall into the hands of one of the savage countries like Heliohept or Imuchakk. 

Only Reim deserved this place, they had proven their cultural and intellectual superiority through years of hard work and technological insights. 

He could only imagine what Imuchakks, people who attacked people for going too near their tribe, would do with a weapon like the one supposedly under here.

Moving his scarf up to cover his nose and mouth as a make-shift gas mask in an attempt to block out the smell, he continued walking into the place. It was dark, but a flickering torch from one of the corners made it much easier to see - especially after he slipped the torch out of the mantle and carried it with him. 

"This place... is a hellhole. I can only imagine the kinds of things they keep down here."


──────────────────────────────────────────────

Deeper into Darkness [Dungeon/Closed/Sara] Iku5Kto
Techniques | Delta - 3 | Kappa - 3 | Beta - 3 | Alpha - 0 | Omega - 0 [9/15]

Admin

Admin
Admin
The member 'Zander' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Midway - Beast' : 1


──────────────────────────────────────────────

Deeper into Darkness [Dungeon/Closed/Sara] SJLmrwl
http://magiworld.forumotion.com

Sara

Sara
C-Tier
C-Tier
Sara wondered what that rotting sent was but she figured it was better if she wouldn't question it. The awful sent went through her nose and she was simply  disgusted as she continued on the path. She continued to walk still not seeing any people. She giggled watching Zander put his scarf around his nose not wanting to take the awful stench. Sara didn't like it, but she tolerated it. Sure it was awful but one thing ran through her mind and that was that pain was temporary and victory was eternal. She listened to Zander talk about how the place was a hell hole and he could only imagine the things they kept down there. Sara would respond calmly to what Zander said.

"Agreed. Lord knows what were going to find." Sara said she looked around and searched for any sign of trouble. Right now they and been in the place for a while. If anyone was in this place or guarding this great power than it would be a perfect time to do so now. Sure the place was huge, but the amount of time they were in there without receiving any traps or fights. This meant one thing. Either this entire thing was a Hoax or she might just be jinxing herself. She was just curious on who would tell everyone theres a great power when no work was required to get it?

Admin

Admin
Admin
The member 'Sara' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Midway - Go' :
Deeper into Darkness [Dungeon/Closed/Sara] FAIcon_zpse986912f

http://magiworld.forumotion.com

Zander

Zander
β-Tier
β-Tier
She had a point, they could find anything in this hell hole. Given the kind of magic that this place permeated, it was hard not to believe there was some sort of hellbeast from the very ends of the earth cooped up in this place. It seemed like the place to have something like that, the entire place gave him the heebie jeebies, and yes, that is a technical term. What do you mean it's not in the dictionary? Who uses a dictionary after looking up an RP post?

Actually, now that he thought about it, that wasn't impossible; Considering that they had just been teleported across the universe to come to this place, they could very well actually come across some sort of hell-beast. Or, maybe just some Rampaging unicorn that had been brought out of the Imuchakkian tundra. Shuddering at the thought, he moved down the first of the giant steps.

The staircase seemed to drag down into the infernal depths, going far enough for them to be literally stretching out of his sight into the darkness. He had already tried checking the depth of these caverns, so he knew there was no point in trying to descend it by jumping - no matter how much damage his body could absorb, he'd hit terminal velocity before he hit the ground and be turned into a giant pile of human jam. That was a bad thing, something to definitely avoid.

"Okay, I don't know how long it'll take to get out of here, but we've got a head start against any other country. Plus, since we've left the corps outside, we actually have a bulwark to stop people from attacking us. Or... well, we do as long as they can't fly. But that's unlikely - who's going to come storming in here whilst on a magic carpet?" he asked, not knowing the amount of hell that he was bringing down upon themselves.


──────────────────────────────────────────────

Deeper into Darkness [Dungeon/Closed/Sara] Iku5Kto
Techniques | Delta - 3 | Kappa - 3 | Beta - 3 | Alpha - 0 | Omega - 0 [9/15]

Admin

Admin
Admin
The member 'Zander' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Midway - Beast' : 3


──────────────────────────────────────────────

Deeper into Darkness [Dungeon/Closed/Sara] SJLmrwl
http://magiworld.forumotion.com

Dungeon Beast

avatar
Beast
Beast
Skeletal Archers:

Deeper into Darkness [Dungeon/Closed/Sara] Forsaken_archer_by_isso09-d38hlu0
Name: Skeletal Archers
Tier: D-Tier
Size: 6 ft tall
Speed: 15m/s
Damage Capacity: Each can take a C-Tier or below hit before dying.
Build:

  • Skeletons that can walk
  • Very skinny, frail and hard to hit


Abilities:

  • Act like D-Tier Dexterity Specializers. Each has 20 arrows which deal D-Tier damage and travel at 10m/s.

About 100 meters down, about two sets of stairs away from the Fanalis boy and girl stood two skeletal creatures. In one second, still 100 meters away from the two red-heads, each archer fired off two arrows, releasing terrible, ear-piercing shrieks simultaneously.

Two of the arrows would travel towards the man, whilst two went towards the girl. At this distance it would take about 10 seconds for each arrow to reach the designated target, but even with so much time to spare the group would most likely be unable to see the projectiles within the dark environment.

All the while the skeletons stood next to each other, notching in three arrows at once this time.

Zander

Zander
β-Tier
β-Tier
It was dark, yes, that was why Zander had thought ahead and brought the torch out of the mantle with him. So, he was able to see the pair of them completely in the illuminated light of the cavern... and dear god were they ugly. 

For a moment, Alek's eyes just boggled whilst he looked at the moving corpses. What the hell... was this some sort of fucked up life magic that reanimated corpses?

This was a major abuse of the sanctity of death. He had killed people for years for doing horrific torturous things to innocents, and even he had let the bodies go once the spirit that inhabited them had moved on. So this just felt wrong to Alek, like it was abusing the human condition. 

The skeletons should not be able to move, and they should not be able to draw bows and.... Sol fuck me with the sun, he thought, before diving out of the way.
"SCATTER!"

Thankfully, the science of mathematics were on Zander's side. A normal human being can, at most, move 2.5 m/s, but a Fanalis was much more adept at movement, able to move a full 7.5 m/s instead. The arrows fired at them would take a full ten seconds to get there, due to moving 10 m/s and being 100 meters away. Given their size, all they had to do was move slightly to the side and...

The arrows went whistling past Alek's head, clattering against the stairs before he picked himself up, seeing the notching of another three arrows, and decided that it was time to get this fight over and done with before they went through any more of their arrows. Those things could break bone if he wasn't lucky enough to dodge them, and given the fact that he might have competition for the item, he could not afford to be slowed down by broken bones.

He would have to hope that she was going to take out both of them. If he went too fast down these stairs they'd lose the light, and without the light they were going to be feeling around in total darkness. That was not a situation they wanted to find themselves in. He just had to hope she was smart enough to know she was going to be responsible for taking them both out.



Last edited by Zander on 09/03/14, 04:51 pm; edited 1 time in total


──────────────────────────────────────────────

Deeper into Darkness [Dungeon/Closed/Sara] Iku5Kto
Techniques | Delta - 3 | Kappa - 3 | Beta - 3 | Alpha - 0 | Omega - 0 [9/15]

Sara

Sara
C-Tier
C-Tier
Sara laughed at Zanders joke about who's going to come no a magic carpet. She found it quite funny, but continued to move not wanting to say much more about it. She agreed with everything they said. They had a head start and they would make it an advantage. Sara kept her head up as she walked with Zander. As they walked she seemed calm, that was until she heard the sound of a bow string. Maybe if more people were there it would go unnoticed but the fact that it was just Sara and Zander and they both were silent made the arrows that much more likely to be heard. Whoever they were playing with wasn't so stealthy. The reason Sara recognized the sound of the bow was simply because she had always fought with the corps and there were some people who specialized in the bow and arrow. Sara heard that and in unison she heard Zander scream scatter and she hopped to the side. She did a roll not knowing how far the arrow was but only hoping it wasn't close to her. She unsheathed her sword moving forward. Her current pace was 7.5 m/s. This was simply because that was a pace between sprinting and jogging. It was faster, but not all out. She ran as quickly as possible listening carefully to hear any more noises come that indicated a bow and arrow would be fired. As she got into range she saw her opponent's legs. They were skeletons. She didn't know what sorcery this was, buts he didn't like it and she would put an end to it asap. Sara would get into range and the when she was within 30-20 meters within the opponent she would scream to Zander. She heard another sound that sounded like a arrows being shot meaning more attacks were coming.

"Get away." Sara screamed as She leaped into the air high unsheathing her sword ready for anything that came her way. She would jump ahead of Zander making sure he was behind her. He could be running as fast as he like but Sara was now traveling at a greater speed int he air. hopefully he wouldn't get caught in the fire.The way she jumped would make it perfect for her to dodge them if they were aiming straight at her. Since she was moving at such a quick speed it would be hard to get a precise aim on her. As she leaped she would land on her bare feet causing a shockwave to attack anything within range dealing C-rank damage.  The shockwave would shake the ground, and if it was successful it would cause C-rank damage to anything within 20 meters. Sara's sword was unsheathed in mid air ready to block anything. These skeletons were going down.

100/120 Magoi/Stamina:

Deeper into Darkness [Dungeon/Closed/Sara] Tumblr_mwzyxhNOTy1sggrnxo2_500
Name: Fanalis Jump
Tier: C
Cost: 20 Magoi
Class: Supplementary/Offensive
Range: 20 M
Duration: Instant
Cool-Down: 3 Post
Description: Sara jumps up showing off her skills as a Fanalis. When she jumps she moves at 20 m/s in the direction she jumps in. Then whilst in the air she lands on her feet causing a shockwave that goes in all directions for 20 meters. It can be used to escape or attack.

Dungeon Beast

avatar
Beast
Beast
[OOC: There is no such rule stating that Fanalis can begin moving faster than humans. I'll let you off the hook this time, but don't try that again or you'll be penalized.]

As the woman came flying in through the air, one skeleton swiftly hopped down a set of steps, getting out of range; however its partner was not so lucky.

The creature, as well as its bow was crushed into oblivion.

As soon as the remaining skeleton stepped down on the concrete steps again it would immediately turn up, notching the three arrows yet again.

Zander

Zander
β-Tier
β-Tier
Well, that was one of these bastards down, and now Zander was stuck with the joyless job of having to deal with the other one. He wished he had somewhere else he could put the torch for the moment, but if he left it on the stairs it would probably roll down them and fall off the edge into oblivion. He would have to keep it with him, and hope that the wind wasn't enough to put it out.

Running down the stairs after his partner, he moved sporadically, using his agility and his speed to keep him from moving too long in the same direction. He would go straight, then diagonal, then diagonal in the other direction, weaving about in a pattern-less hodgepodge in an attempt to keep the skeleton from actually getting a hit off on him. 

Even if they fired, they would have to be aimed at where he was, and so he was going to have to follow the rule of "Be where they're not, don't let them shoot where you are." He hoped he was doing well at it, but he couldn't tell until he got out of this battle without a scratch. 

Finally, he got to within range of the skeleton and decided to let him have it. Building up his strength into his legs, he propelled himself at the enemy just like his predecessor had done. However, the difference here was, he was still moving as he did so, turning his body into a whirling dervish. Even if it was to fire at him, there was a chance that in his rotation he would be able to get off with a grazed injury. Plus, like this, it couldn't see his head, and there was little chance of it scoring a direct hit. It also guarded the torch from destruction, but it did put the fire worryingly close to his scarf.

100/120:
Name: Fanalis Jump 
Tier: C
Cost: 20 Magoi
Class: Offensive / Supplementary. 
Range: 20 meters
Duration: Instant
Cool-Down: 3 posts
Description: Concentrating his strength to his legs, Alek jumps up to twenty meters in the air, travelling a maximum of twenty meters away from the starting position laterally. When coming back down, the full weight of a fully grown Fanalis is piled onto the unfortunate bastard underneath, breaking the bones in whatever part of the body he lands on. If he lands on their head, they are knocked to the ground and are unable to get up for a turn from dizziness.


──────────────────────────────────────────────

Deeper into Darkness [Dungeon/Closed/Sara] Iku5Kto
Techniques | Delta - 3 | Kappa - 3 | Beta - 3 | Alpha - 0 | Omega - 0 [9/15]

Sara

Sara
C-Tier
C-Tier
Sara watched as one of the beast crumbled down and another one had just managed to get out of the way. The one in front of her seemed calm as he notched up some more arrows after dodging her attack and she was ready for the next attack with her sword in her hand. She saw the arrows in the hand of the beast and wanted to fight it, but before she could even move toward it she watched as the beast was going to be attacked by Zander. She held her hand firmly in her hand to see if the monster would aim the arrow and shoot not. She began to walk backward in an attempt to gain more distance for her to react in. She knew that this monster was about to get laid out by Zander.

Zander

Zander
β-Tier
β-Tier
The sound of his leg slamming down on the head of the skeleton echoed through the dungeon chamber, and now that they weren't being pursued by any opponents any more, they were able to progress. 

However, with the sound of a hell-hound echoing behind them, Alek's face fell into one of resigned irritation. He was going to need to fight another weird beast again wasn't he? 

He'd been lucky before the skeletons, but with that bellow, it was clear that his luck was not going to last. Or... that was what it seemed like, before the bellow of the beast turned to a surprised, and rather upset, squeal that carried on for longer than it probably should have. 

The constant changing of the place of the sound, and the type of squeal that it was, gave the image that it... had fallen off the edge of the stairs? 

He had to assume that this was just some sort of sign of good luck, but unfortunately that wasn't true. With the sound of two people talking, Alek just stood there frozen in shock as he noticed... a carpet flying over head? What in the...

"Am I going crazy, or was there an 8 foot tall guy riding a flying carpet? I don't remember drinking before I took this mission."

[Exit Thread - Continued in "A New Mission"]


──────────────────────────────────────────────

Deeper into Darkness [Dungeon/Closed/Sara] Iku5Kto
Techniques | Delta - 3 | Kappa - 3 | Beta - 3 | Alpha - 0 | Omega - 0 [9/15]

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum