You are not connected. Please login or register

Garret V.S> Mardowlin & Koronoe

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Garret V.S> Mardowlin & Koronoe Empty Garret V.S> Mardowlin & Koronoe 15/02/15, 03:42 am

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Mardowlin:

Garret sat in the Coliseum once more, wondering about his next foe. He heard it would be a beast tamer, which Garret had never fought against before. He wondered at how much more difficult it would be to face such an opponent. Leaning back on the bench, he recalled his discussion with Ayero from before. He had begun listening in more and more on other's conversations, hearing the stances of the different coliseum groups. Over time he began to understand that it was actually only a rare few which fought to the death. The thought of those types of opponents existing was something that grated on Garret's worries. It seemed as if Azix had recently lost a match, and Garret was simply grateful that the light magician's opponents were not part of the group that fought to the death...

The event organizers, alongside some influential merchant backers, sat within the V.I.P. seats of the coliseum. They were having a heated discussion in regards to a problem they had been encountering. "Yes, but it would be a waste of money to send any further assassins after him! I don't know what that man is capable of, but those strange markings on the corpses that were left behind do not seem to be something easily counteracted. There must be another way..." It was one of the merchant backers, Caecilius Ovidius.

An event organizer grunted in response. "Maybe we have convinced him, with the last attack, that it is better to play by our rules. After all, he ran from the assassins and did not end up killing all of them. He has a match today. Let us withhold judgment until it begins." Tertius Fabius. One of those in charge of the Coliseum, and well respected among his compatriots as a shrewd showman. The others grumbled general agreement and sat back, awaiting the matches ahead.

Garret found himself in the hallway just before the entrance. He turned towards the wall, as always, and struck it with a pair of punches. A psychological ritual, amusement suffused him. It wasn't that the Magician had nerves that were disquieted, but that it was simply something he had always done since the first match. He considered himself a seasoned veteran at this point, and was confident in the outcome of the match ahead of him. Walking through the doors, Garret was greeted by the usual jeers of the crowd. Ignoring them, Garret walked forward and stopped at the normal start point for the Coliseum. His opponent entered, a young looking man with a very eastern beast. A Komainu... I believe? Garret planted the staff into the ground, readying himself for battle as he did at the beginning of any fight. Mardowlin brought out his blade, brandishing it for the crowd while his pet beast Koronoe stood next to him.

The battle began, and Garret immediately cast Snowy Expanse. While he did so, Koronoe began to circle Garret, 40 degrees to the magician's left. Garret kept an eye on both of them as they slowly approached him. "Listen carefully, I will only offer this deal once. If I defeat you in this match, you will agree to not discuss my means of combat. If you do not agree with this condition, I will kill you." It was the same deal he had given previous Coliseum opponents.

Mardowlin paused, as did his beast partner, and stared at Garret as the Magician left the staff behind. "Fair enough. I'm only interested in the battle experiences I gain from facing off against different opponents. I don't care much about the rest. Now. Ready yourself. Here I come!" At those words, Mardowlin ran forward alongside Koronoe. As they got within ten meters of Garret, the Magician shot forth a Blade Burst. The two balls of ice shot forward, and Mardowlin immediately veered to the magician's right while Koronoe veered to the left before turning once they were at a 140 degree angle of Garret, rushing straight for him.

Garret immediately moved forward, rushing towards Mardowlin in order to prevent an encirclement. Surprised that the Magician was moving in to close distance, Mardowlin stopped running forward. This served two purposes for the man. The first of which was to re-evaluate Garret's movements. The second of which was to buy time for Koronoe to close the distance between the two, as the beast ran much faster at maximum speed than either of the humans could. Therefore, when Garret closed the distance and used River Styx Style: Sea's Horizon, Mardowlin simply defended against it with his Parry, throwing Garret off-balance. It was at this point that Garret's Borg flared up as Koronoe performed Swipe, dealing significant damage to the Magician's automatic defenses. Grunting, Garret noted that his plan to keep them from encircling him had failed, and turned to deal with the dog, casting Ice Fist to strike the creature. Mardowlin and Koronoe responded with a Dicing Trickster, the dog biting into the ice fist but taking damage, while Mardowlin struck Garret' from behind and dealt further damage to his Borg.

There wasn't much more damage his defenses could take before shattering, so Garret would need to do something fast. Two orbs of water overlapped with each other as Garret cast Jet Stream, firing it off towards Koronoe while the beast was still recovering from the earlier blow. Having brought its mind back to battle once more, it performed Shake, biting down at the water in an attempt to disrupt the flow. It was only partially successful, as the overwhelming force behind the water knocked the creature out. Just as Garret was turning towards Mardowlin, the beast tamer shouted to raise his spirits while bringing his blade down upon Garret's Borg, shattering it. Grunting, the Magician finished turning to meet his assailant. Garret immediately cast Ice Blade, aiming it to cut into the man's sword arm.

Mardowlin brought up his blade, allowing it to take the brunt of the spell's attack. The blade's edge began to crack as it clashed against the spell, and the man's eyes widened. Yet the world went black just a moment after, and Mardowlin fell to the ground, passed out. Garret began walking back to the staff, satisfied that his River Styx Style: Crescent Whirlpool had struck the man's head from his blind side. The match was over, and Garret dropped the snow, walking away in order to collect his reward and sign up for another match...

The V.I.P. room was abuzz in conversation. The members were voicing their anger at the match that Crim had shown the stadium once more. Tertius Fabius held his hand up, silencing the group. "His next opponent shall be against Decimus. Not a word to anyone about the match, either. If it's Decimus, he should be able to finish a lone magician. King Lagi had a legendary beast alongside him, so it was to be expected that he had a chance of winning." The group stared at him, surprised to hear his command, yet none of them objected. The more they thought of it, the more it sounded like a good idea.

OOC:

Magoi/Stamina: 90/300

Abilities Used:

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum