You are not connected. Please login or register

Victoriously Krunk [Social/Azix]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ayero was honestly a bit surprised that Azix had accepted her offer to grab a few rounds at a pub, but nevertheless the Fanalis woman was pleased. She often drank after her own coliseum matches to her victory, and it would be nice to share a brew with someone who she had partnered with twice. After all, she did owe her victory in part to Azix. While she certainly did want to enjoy a companionable drink with the magician, Ayero did have another agenda. Ever since Lagi had deflected her question of what Azix was working on, she felt a bit suspicious towards both the King and the Kou magician. She wanted to know what Azix’s true intentions were in Reim, hoping that her hunch was right. Hopefully, the alcohol would loosen him up a bit.

She arrives at the bar early, seating herself at a table in the corner and order an ale. She nurses the drink slowly, content to be alone with her thoughts as she awaits the arrival of her most recent battle partner.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As Azix headed to the bar to meet Ayero, the magician realized he was a bit nervous. The Marquis wasn't known for drinking, this would be the second time he ever indulged in the intoxicating drink. He hoped his inexperience wouldn't be readily apparent and that he didn't act a fool after a few drinks. He had seen enough drunken antics from his time in court to know how foolish people got. Still, he had accepted Ayero's offer to learn more about the woman, seeing as Fate kept having them cross paths. Surely there was a reason for their continuous chance encounters.

He entered the bar and looked around the seating area until he caught sight of the Fanalis woman sitting by herself in one corner of the room. He cut a path through the room, slaloming around the tables until he approached her table. Pulling out a chair, he took a seat. "Hello, there."

He flashed Ayero a friendly smile as the waitress approached and asked for his order. "I'll have whatever she's having." Azix pointed to Ayero's drink, unsure of the different varieties of drink and trusting the Fanalis' opinion. "I'm sure it's something weak and lady-like, but we know how women's tolerance for alchol is." He gave a hearty laugh, teasing the Fanalis. In his experience, it was proper drinking custom to taunt one another while drinking and challenge their ability to hold one's liquor.

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

”Ah, you’ve made it.” Ayero responds coolly to his greeting, nodding as he takes a seat. Leaning back in her chair, she tilts the mug to her lips to take a slow drink, snorting with amusement into the ale as Azix makes his order with a teasing jab at her. Lowering the mug, Ayero raises a brow with a mildly entertained expression on her face. ”Is that a challenge, skinny man?” She wonders, in the back of her mind, how experienced the magician was with alcohol. Ayero decides to wait and see for herself just how well the man could handle a brew, rather than ask.

As the waitress returns with a mug for Azix, Ayero decides to start some friendly conversation. ”How are you enjoying Reim so far?” Her tone, while light held a bit of a serious note.

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Azix smiled when Ayero asked if he was challenging her and played along. "Only if you think that you can handle more than a few of those girly drinks." The orange magician chuckled and noticed the waitress return with a mug of his own.

He thanked the waitress and took a large swig of the ale, believing Ayero would chose a fruity or sweet drink. Not expecting the bitter taste of the brew, Azix coughed into his mug, getting some of it up his nose. He set down the mug and wiped his mouth off with a sleeve before answering Ayero. While it sounded like a friendly question, there was a subtle edge in her tone. "Very much so. I actually recently got back, I was in Imuchakk for a bit. I don't know if you've heard much about the Opportunity Initiative, but I made an agreement with Chief Asisiak to send workers over there to be trained. While it's very cold, the workers seemed to enjoy the experience."

Azix raised his mug to his lips again, this time taking a slower sip and managed not to cough it up. His face did scrunch up at the flavor, though.

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

”These ‘girly drinks’ and I have a rather long history together.” Ayero raises a challenging brow as she swirls the liquid around in her mug. She keeps her eyes focused on Azix, watching closely for his reaction to the ale. She raises her own mug to her lips to hide her toothy smile as the magician got his first taste of girly liquor, downing the rest of the liquid in her cup partially to show off. ”How’s it? Nice and sweet, eh?” She slams her mug onto the wooden table with a dull thunk.

”Imuchakk?” She furrows her brows in thought, surprised to hear that he’d been visiting such an isolationist country. ”I haven’t.” She admits, nodding to the bar maid as she refills her glass. ”I asked Lagi about it a while back, but I didn’t get a good answer.” She watches, less intently as Azix takes a more cautious sip of the brew. ”I didn’t like it much at first either, you know. But it’s the cheapest, and I guess I just got used to it over the years.” Ayero muses while looking down at the dark liquid. ”In any case, you seem like a busy man. Not too bad in the arena, hah.”

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Azix gave a weak smile, "Yeah, sweet, that's what I'd call it...." The desire to quip back had momentarily faded as he recovered from his first sip of the ale.

He noted that Ayero hadn't heard much, somewhat disappointed that news of his efforts hadn't reach many people outside of the slums. He was also curious as to why Lagi hadn't brought them up when Ayero inquired. He shrugged his shoulders, it was probably insignificant to the King with all the other worries and responsibilities Lagi had. He started to set his mug down from his second taste, but noticed that Ayero had already finished hers. Not wanting to appear weak, Azix chugged down the remaining liquid and waved the barmaid over for a refill.

He rubbed his chest trying to ease the burning sensation he felt and gave a small cough. "It does keep me busy, which is why I guess I've been going to the Coliseum lately. Burn off the stress, you know?" He shrugged and reached for his now full mug, taking a deep drink. Azix found the taste didn't bother him as much now, but he was starting to feel light-headed. With a hiccup, he continued, "Anyway, seeing as Lagi didn't answer your question, the Opportunity Initiative is a program to help the unemployed. I noticed people in the slums had a hard time finding work, either from inexperience or from social stigma."

Azix raised the mug to his lips, taking a break from talking to finish his drink. Mimicking Ayero, he slammed it on the table and sighed. A drunken grin stretched on Azix's face and he felt more relaxed than he had been in a long time. "So, after the council was formed, I went up there and told them they had to help these people. Help their fellow countrymen and you know what they said? They were more worried about money! Even the King!" Azix shook his head and barked out a laugh. "So, I told them I would personally invest my wealth into the program. That wiped the smug looks off their faces! They finally agreed and said they would use some taxes to help fund it after my investment. To think a Kou man was more willing to help Reim than they were." Azix shook his head, it didn't actually bother him and he understood the council's concerns. Under normal circumstances, Azix wouldn't have even mentioned what happened, but the drinks had loosened his tongue.

He leaned back in his chair and waved the barmaid over for another refill. He pointed to Ayero, "Are you going to finish that, ya sissy?" The taunt was said with a smile, showing it was all in good-nature.

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ayero fought back a grin, knowing an inexperienced drinker when she saw one. But she had to commend Azix for his effort as he seemed to be handling the bitter ale well. She holds back on teasing him for it for the time being, listening to the magician’s explanation of his work within the country. Nursing her own drink, her brows shoot upwards when he mentions using his own wealth to fund the project. While she wasn’t all that shocked to hear that the council was more concerned with money than the livelihood and wellbeing of Reim’s poorer citizens, she was genuinely surprised that Azix had volunteered to fund the program himself.

”Really now? I can’t believe that some rich kid from Kou has a better interest in Reim’s people than the country herself.” She scoffs with a bit of scorn directed towards the council, however she was aware that these were tumultuous times for the country. Though the negativity in her voice was directed towards those who refused funding, there was also a plain barb of suspicion present in her tone. While she came to find that she rather liked Azix as a person, the circumstances by which he and his people had arrived within the country were less than optimal. But at the same time, she didn’t think that he was a bad person. He seemed rather genuine in his goals, even moreso with the alcohol in his system.

Chuckling freely at Azix’s jab, the Fanalis tilts back her head and pours the rest of the brew down her throat. It burned as it went down and she held her breath shortly after ingesting it, letting out a quick exhale as she thumped the mug on the table once more. ”Careful, squishy mage. I could drink you under the table so bad you’ll never recover from your hangover.” She offers him a friendly smirk, the alcohol loosening her up a bit as well. ”Why is it that you want to help Reim so much anyway?” The question was sudden, but had been burning in her mind so badly that she decided, in her state, that she may as well ask.

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Azix narrowed his eyes, somewhat offended that she called him a 'rich kid'. Slowly, it dawned on him that from her perspective, he was a noble from Kou. Something that he looked down on as well, but Azix's reasoning was from past trauma suffered by some of the nobles at court. His mood started to sour as he remembered his childhood, but thankfully Ayero's challenge brought him back to the conversation.

The barmaid poured them both another round as Ayero asked why he was helping Reim. Wrapping his hands around the mug, Azix stared into it as he tried to figure out how to respond. There were many reasons why, but he fumbled with how to begin, the seriousness that the question posed took him off guard. "There are plenty of reasons, but honestly? I feel that people should try to live by helping others when they can. When I first came here, I did some things that weren't pleasant." Azix swore he could see the reflection of Manius' dead body in his mug. He looked up at Ayero and sighed, "I could excuse it as being under orders, but that doesn't sit right with me. I was in a bad place back then. Thankfully, I met people that taught me to accept the past and move forward. I can't change what has happened, but I plan to help make the future a better place. Which is why I pushed for the Education Reform and the Opportunity Initiative."

Azix paused, "I don't want to stop with Reim, though. Maybe one day I can work to stop corruption all over the world and free those who are oppressed."

He finally took a long swig of his beer and set the mug down clumsily, nearly spilling it. "I think people should be able to keep their culture and individuality, as well. That's why...I haven't told anyone really about this, but I've seen that Kou has been sending over more troops. I fear that the Emperor is unhappy with how Lagi has ruled and this may be the first sign of it. I can accept an alliance, especially when Reim kept a countryman on the throne, but absorbing this country, I can't accept. That's why, if Kou invades Reim, I plan on fighting alongside Reim. There are too many people here that I care about, to allow bloodshed to take place."

Azix brought the mug to his lips again and finished off the rest of the ale. The mug tumbled out of his hand as he lazily laid back in his chair. "This girly drink might be stronger than I thought..." Suddenly he sat up and stared down Ayero, "But I can still outdrink you!" The intoxicating liquid of 'Don't Give a *uck' had finally started to slur his words.

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ayero keeps silent while Azix explains his reason for helping Reim. Raising her mug to her lips to obscure any facial reactions she might have to his words, she takes slow sips while staring at him with an oddly clear gaze. Despite the few drinks in her system, her eyes seemed more earnest, more serious as Azix spoke of something important to her: Reim. She had slowly begun to gain a sense of nationality for her homeland after seeing more than just the isolating peaks and valleys of the mountains. After gaining custody of her younger brother and meeting the Fanalis Corps, Ayero was no longer content to sit on the sidelines as countries fought one another. She had something to protect, something to preserve. And from Azix’s words, it seemed like he valued Reim’s cultural independence as well.

What really surprised Ayero though, were the last words the magician spoke on the matter.

“That's why, if Kou invades Reim, I plan on fighting alongside Reim. There are too many people here that I care about, to allow bloodshed to take place."

Lurching forward, Ayero nearly chokes on the brew in surprise. Coughing, the Fanalis woman places her mug down on the table and beats at her chest with her fist in an attempt to dislodge the liquid from her windpipe. ”Uhh…drank too quick.” She offers an explanation, clearing her throat. ”Didn’t expect to hear that from, you know, a Kou dog.” She grunts, brows furrowed in thought. His words seemed believable, and as they say, drunk words are sober thoughts. After a few moments, a slow smile suddenly breaks across her face. ”Ha! I knew there was a reason I liked you. Been seduced by Reim already, and I didn’t even have to take off my top!” Throwing back her head, the now buzzed Fanalis woman laughs heartily. ”You? Outdrink me? My kid brother could outdrink you.” She laughs again before taking another drink and refocusing on Azix. ”I think you’ve had enough for now.”

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As Ayero spoke, Azix realized he really, really had to relieve his bladder. So focused on the urge to urinate, he didn't even notice her call him a Kou dog. He looked around the room for a bathroom and turned back to the conversation in time to hear that she thought her kid brother could out drink him. Azix laughed and shook his head, "No...I'm not...even drunk yet! -hick- Get me another 'un..." His words trailed off as he stood up on unsteady feet and started walking away from the table.

As the room spun around, Azix managed to make it two tables away when he thought he had reached the bathroom. Getting into stance, he proceeded to relieve himself on a rather large and brawny man, but Azix was far too gone to notice. He hummed a whimsical tune with his eyes closed as the brawny man roared in fury. The man grabbed his soaked chair and attempted to bash it upside Azix's head. Thankfully, the magician was protected by his Borg and he opened his eyes, startled by the sight of an angry man. "What's all this? Can't a Kou man pee in peace?"

The brawny man glared at Azix, even more furious to hear that the magician was from Kou. He was a member of the various groups that were building up the rebellion, and he was eagerly waiting to kick Kou out of Reim. Azix's declaration only served to seal his fate in the man's eyes. He whipped out a long dagger and lashed out with it, cracking Azix's Borg.

Azix fixed his pants around his waist and went to reach for his wand, finding it missing. He turned back to see that it had fallen out of his back pocket when he stood up. 'Crap...'

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

”You alright?” Ayero chuckles and leans back in her chair as Azix stands to his feet, weaving as he walks away from the table. She pause in her drink to call out to him, but doesn’t say anything, watching with amusement as Azix moves unsteadily over to another table. When the magician begins to relieve himself on a rather muscular, unapproachable looking man, Ayero almost can’t believe what she was seeing. Geeze, he really is smashed!

Unable to contain her laughter, Ayero bangs on the table as she’s assaulted by a fit of giggles by the sheer ridiculousness of the situation. When Azix confronts he understandably upset man who had tried to give him the chair, Ayero pauses in her laughter when he identifies himself as man from Kou. Biting her lip, she winces as the enraged man lashes out with a dagger and sends cracks spiraling along the magician’s protective force field. Gnawing on the inside of her cheek, Ayero wonders what she should do. Try and intercept them and apologize for Azix’s actions? It might have been excusable if he didn’t announce that he was from Kou, but now she didn’t think that there would be an easy way out of this without a fight. And thus, she decides to go with her second option.

Dashing upwards, the Fanalis woman wobbles slightly from her own mild inebriation. With as much speed as she could muster, she throws a kick at the man’s hand grasping the dagger and grabs Azix by his collar at the same time. Still putting on as much speed as she can in her current state, she nabs the magician's fallen wand from the floor and bolts out of the door, her feet leaving cracks in the wooden floor where she had pushed off with a great amount of force. While doing this, she had somehow settled Azix into her arms, carrying him bridal style. Once they were out of the immediate vicinity of the bar, Ayero lets out a breath she didn’t know she was holding in.

”…geeeeeze Azix, you really can’t hold your liquor! Or your bladder.” She laughs again as she remembers the sight of the Kou man peeing on a burly stranger. ”You got guts, though.”

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

One second Azix was standing there, watching a knife come towards him and the next second he felt a rush of movement that his inebriated mind couldn't make sense of. The room turned, spun and simply vanished. The next thing he knew, he was looking up at Ayero's face and their surroundings were quickly passing by. He looked down and noticed she was holding him, carrying him with one arm under his back and the other under his legs. "Whoo! I'm a pretty, pretty princess!" He laughed until his stomach rolled and he thought he was going to be sick. It was a false alarm, but it made him calm down.

He gave Ayero a serious look, "I can too hold my liquor! The man stole it from me!" His face scrunched up as he tried to make sense of the words that flew from his mouth. Finally, he decided he had indeed drank too much. "Take this princess home!" Azix gave the woman directions along the way.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum