You are not connected. Please login or register

Founding a Contract (Vodarara, Chain, Openish, Making a Start)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Vodarara had recently made landfall, it was nice to be on firm ground once again as well as it was ratherly nice to be somewhere that was cold, he had not been this far north the first time he had been in Reim it was to be a new experience one could say, but he had work to do.

Vodarara had to survive by hunting and gathering, of course to keep everything running you do need to be able to trade, he could trade with a few people around Imuchakk but there was a large stigma attached to being more of a poacher, though they did eat his kill like it was nothing, though with the avalanche disaster there could well be room for Vodarara to gain some sort of influence, when a void appears a creature may step in to take it up a population may bloom, Vodarara could do with being less stained and getting a better barter for his catches.

Vodarara had scrapped together bit and pieces from his stashes that had not been affected by the Avalanche as well as other things that he could put together to offer as trade, his idea was to try and gain favour, by any cost as well as arrange a trade contacts which may want to acquire goods from Imuchakk especially in this cold and snowy area there may be room for some trade, travel time wouldn’t be as large in theory as moving stuff down towards the main cities.

As well as them having creatures or things of similar types to what could well have been wiped out in Imuchakk, Vodarara was a man of the wilderness, when limited species where wiped out it could cause great unbalance any chance of species that could be live captured that had similar to their beasts would be useful.

Vodarara would have to spend time researching the people or groups that dealt with trade in this region, Vodarara had gained some insight when he was first in Reim but more observation would most likely be nessassary.

Vodarara would lodge for the night at an Inn in the cold icy port town, in the morning he would set out in search of people, hopefully not being an 8ft tall halking creature would help with impressions.

_____
WC: 383/500

Post 1/2

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Tai Black

Tai Black
β-Tier
β-Tier

-, There it was like an ordinary cold day of nothing but people just roaming the streets of Reim. Tai wasn't getting the services that he needed. The missions that he wasn't doing wasn't paying enough. His daily life started to get boring. Ever since he left Immuchakk it felt like he wasn't getting the supplies he needed. It wasn't until it came to his attention that it was time to stop slacking. This wasn't the Tai Black he knew, He was much greater than this. Tai was the reason for the death of Octavius. Tai didn't stick up to his word.

For some reason he felt as if the elder Immuchakk spirits had left him behind and he had lost all his blessing. Tai had much more than what people saw in him. He was ready to be a new man. It was now or never. He had the power of a Dijinn and neither was he using it. It was time to be the man he once was. Tai wanted to make his name known and so for this to happen he wanted to get into the trade business. There was only one place where he would find such business.

and that was an Inn.

He had knew that most travelers would go to ports outside of Reim. He didn't waste no time to leave the city and find himself on the icy town. He didn't wanna reach in the night and spend anytime there. He wanted to reach and leave as soon as possible. The moment he pressed his hand down into the door. He would see the face of men with big fluffy coats with fur from the skin of animals. Tai had his whole chest showing with just some baggy pants on taped to the ankle. A big scar coming across his back, which was from Gusion the first dungeon he was in.

He walked over to the counter, and the sun was just rising. With the touch of two fingers he rang the bell. DING, DING, DING. Expecting the bartender or whoever was the owner to come to his assistance. As he waited calmly.

word count: 361
thread status: social thread
tags: reim, trade, vodarara
character mood: calm
technique & word count: 361/500

Last edited by Tai Black on 02/01/15, 04:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Founding a Contract (Vodarara, Chain, Openish, Making a Start) PIeHpd8

|Character Vault|
|Battle Theme|Entry Theme|

"I don't know why, but something about you is very suspicious.."

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Vodarara had risen early that morning just before sunrise and had sat himself into a corner of the Inn’s lower level seating, it was a cold morning and a fire crackled in the fireplace of the Inn.

It was an odd sensation for Vodarara to not be having to prepare his own drinks and food, a wind howled through the icy port every once in a while as Vodarara sat drinking a small hot “herbal tea” that this establishment did as beverages, Vodarara wasn’t going to heavily indulge himself like what it seemed other people did with large meals.

There was a way you had to survive and getting out of that type of eating style wouldn’t be a smart thing to do.

Vodarara would have to wait in till dawn for the possibility of trying to craft any deals, it would be a few hours in till then, he would wait….

Though before he could set off a familiar scent would enter the Inn.

___
WC: 165
548/500

Last edited by Vodarara on 02/01/15, 03:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tai Black

Tai Black
β-Tier
β-Tier

-, The moment Tai stepped into the tavern, he got a sense of warmth. It felt like his Immuchakk home, but it was something in here that enraged him quickly. He could smell the nice sweet tea from all corners, but there was a smell in here that turned his tummy. He stood there in the center of the tavern expecting to find the location of where this scent was coming from.

In his mind he could just remember Gusion dungeon, but that's when all of a sudden everything started to come back to him. He remembered Vodarara the one who was an outsider and got a spot inside of the tribe. That's when his head just turned to see the back of the male. It was like Tai wasn't even himself for that good ten seconds. He gripped onto the collar from the back of his shirt, and tugged the man with force expecting for him to go flying back into a table.

"I thought you were dead...." He with an emotionless face just to kill the man.

"You left me in that dungeon to die!" He said , as Tai pulled out his spear sending it down with quick speed. He sent it to the side of Vodarara face. Attempting to give him a slice to his cheek.

"I should kill you here and now, EXPLAIN YOURSELF!" He said shouting at him. "And you better make it a damn good one..". Tai felt like he was seeing a ghost. He was so heated for him that he couldn't calm himself down. He gripped someone's who entire bottle of booze, and didn't hesitate to chug it down. He felt like he was going crazy, but he stood there waiting just

word count: 291
tags: vodarara, reunite, trade
character mood: tempered,
technique & word count: 652/500

Last edited by Tai Black on 02/01/15, 04:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

|Character Vault|

Fehafare

Fehafare
D-Tier
D-Tier

Jason sat at a table in the far corner in the in, all alone, enjoying a hot tea. He didn't visit there very often but he did like to think of that table as his own little corner, though that was probably very far away from the truth. He his usual clothes, simple shirt and breeches as well as jacket, however next to him was also a big thick coat and right on it was his bow and arrows. He didn't actually live this far up north, but he really liked coming here from time to time as some sort of weekend long trip. He just liked getting away from his somewhat monotonous routine, and the change is weather is also a nice thing. Jason mostly comes here to relax, but also uses the area to train, especially so because of the cold climate, he likes his body being well adjusted to all weather conditions.

The inn is usually quiet enough but apparently today that wasn't quite the case, two men seemed to be getting into a fight. Jason just calmly watches while sipping his tea. He was somewhat torn on the subject, one one side he probably shouldn't get into unnecessary trouble, especially not at a place he enjoyed visiting. However on the other hand he couldn't just sit there and let them do whatever, if they became too violent he'd have to get up and try talk the two out of it, he knew he would do it regardless of what he thought right now. But for the time being he could still sit in the warmth, lean back, relax and enjoy his tea. And that is exactly what he decided to do.

____
Word Count: 285/500

Last edited by Fehafare on 02/01/15, 03:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jason's Vault

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Vodarara found himself held up by a big beast, well it turns out this beast was an old comrade of his whom he had adventured a dungeon with, now he was being attacked, well during that dungeon he had fallen in the a crevasse and well it took him a good while to escape from that next thing, he would find was himself in a deep cavern and eventually escaped back onto the snow fields.

It felt weird that he would of all places meet Tai here, now he was being threatened with his life, what a fun day it was today.

Vodarara needed to save his hide from this situation, “Well you see after that fight with those big guys, that area was rather open to storms and was a sheer ice field turns out there was a Crevasse, so in my opinion it was you whom ditched me in that situation, it took me ages to get out of that”

“Now put me down, I haven’t seen you around for a while and I’m trying to do things, there was an avalanche in our homelands and well supply lines have been affected so to give time for ones wilderness to recover it makes logical sense for one to try to arrange for some supply trade, so are you going to rough me up or help me!”

____

WC: 228

Tai Black

Tai Black
β-Tier
β-Tier

-, how dare he say it was Tai fault. Did he not know the events that happened. Tai had died for the man and he had the nerve to say it was his fault. Tai couldn't stop but be raged effectively. He didn't hesitate to put the man down, but he was ready to kill him there. He had drew attention and he could feel the eyes on his back, still he didn't care. His soul was itching to fight everyone just because of Vodarara.

Tai couldn't think straight, so with his head titled back and the large bottle of booze being chugged down his throat. This was Vodarara opportunity to speak. He spoke of an avalanche in Immuchakk. Tai didn't budge to that, because there was always something weather like over there, so he could careless.

" Shut up with all your logical this and logical that. Just lets get this done with, so I can take your head.." He was drunk so everything that came out his mouth wasn't really true. Still you never know Vodarara would've been a victim.

Tai attempted to take another sip, but only just a tip came out, and so he dropped the bottle as it would shatter on the floor. Tai walked over to a far table maybe in the corner which a man was siting in. He gave the man a quick glare. He saw the man with his tea and so he decided to take it. "Thank you very much.." He said.

He took a sip, expecting for it to calm him down. That's when, he spitted out. This thing was horrible, and so he dropped the tea as well.

"Hurry up goddamnit, get me out of this sh*t hole of a inn.." He said it loud and clear, waiting for Vodarara to get the stepping.

word count: 305
tags: trade, inn, vodarara
character mood: mixed emotions
technique & word count: 957/500

Last edited by Tai Black on 02/01/15, 04:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

|Character Vault|

Fehafare

Fehafare
D-Tier
D-Tier

Jason didn't restrain himself to only watching, he also listened carefully to what the men had to say to each other. It sounded like the dispute was over a dungeon and what happened inside of it. Things seemed to be calming down just as the drunk man walked over and snatched Jason's tea away. Jason didn't think much of it, the tea was cheap and the man clearly didn't even know what he was doing, best of all violence had been avoided completely so there as really nothing to worry. Instead of bothering to get angry over the lost tea Jason got up, put on his coat and took his bow with him and then put one hand on the drunk man's shoulder.

"Listen, why don't you stay here with your friend?" Jason asked him as he looked over towards Vodarara to clarify whom he was talking about. Jason knew the area decently well and he didn't trust a this man to be safe outside in the state he currently was. "Trust me, it's not good for a drunk person to be out in the cold right now. Sit down, sober up and then do as you wish." Jason told the man in good will.

___
Word Count: 492/500

Last edited by Fehafare on 02/01/15, 03:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jason's Vault

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

The male red headed stranger whom Tai had seized the drink of had intervened in his dragging out of the Tavern, Vodarara used this opportunity to his advantage. This guy seemed like a local and he needed to find a trader to arrange trade deals with, Voda also need a heavy lifter to carry around the goods Voda had to purchase anything initial to deal with business that way.

Vodarara set about his plan, “This big guy would need to be in a blizzard to freeze, but Tai see some sense you still have a responsibility as a person of Imuchakk to at least help me sort out this trade deal, you can maybe hold tearing off my head in till a little bit later in life ?”

“Also I need to pay my dues, as well as the damage you caused, don’t wanna get thrown away do you, Lad if you give me a hand sorting out my business ill happily compensate you”

Vodarara slowly tried to prise himself free from Tai’s grip hoping it would be enough to be able to squirm free, if Tai’s attention was drawn away enough.

____

WC: 192

740/500

Last edited by Vodarara on 02/01/15, 03:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tai Black

Tai Black
β-Tier
β-Tier

-, Tai face planned himself. He didn't know if he was to drunk or he actually knocked Vodarara on his head. "Im itching to .." He said , not finishing his sentence. He got a smile and turned around like a robot. As his head would slam down into the counter.

He grabbed himself a bottle of rum, and flipped open the cap with no resistance. He started to chug at it. Not even speaking to Vodarara or the male that just came out of nowhere. Tai placed his hand up, showing for Vodarara to come on.

But instead he spoke himself. "Come on, I don't have time to waste. Let's get this over with. I'll be outside when your done with all this chitchat." He said stepping fully outside.

He would go to the back of his pants with a carpet that was strapped to it. Tai set it out and it would start to float in midair. He sat down on it with his legs crossed and him just drinking the bottle of rum. He was still shocked by the fact Vodarara was alive, but still sooner or later he would get back to his regular ways.

As he sat there on the carpet waiting calmly.

"I don't have time for this..."  He said still waiting..

word count: 217
tags: trade, inn, vodarara
character mood: mixed emotions
technique & word count: 1,174/500

Founding a Contract (Vodarara, Chain, Openish, Making a Start) Webmaster-MagicFlyingCarpet_Ilustracije_full_2251_19259

[center]Item Name:
Flying Carpet
Type:
Magic Tool
Description:
A magical flying carpet that allows the user to soar through the sky. It measures 2 meters in width, 3 in length, and about 20cm in terms of thickness, making it quite flexible. This magical carpet gives a 25% word count reduction on traveling topics. The carpet can fly at a speed of 25 m/s at to a height of 60 meters. The carpet can hold up to 5 people at a time before being weighed down. *The carpet is indestructible, however it can be taken by force by anyone and made their own property. Damage still goes through and around the carpet, but none is dealt to the object itself.

Last edited by Tai Black on 02/01/15, 04:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

|Character Vault|

Fehafare

Fehafare
D-Tier
D-Tier

Jason wasn't quite happy that the man just left like that ignoring him, but at the very least he wasn't causing any trouble so that was good at least. When he left the inn Jason turned to the other man, the friend of the drunk one. This one seemed to be both sober and a lot more calm than his friend, two excellent traits to how right now, he'd listen to logic and reason, not that Jason had much to tell him, he seemed more like the victim of the trouble the other started, rather than a trouble starter himself. Apparently the man was offering Jason some sort of job. Jason had already been listening to the other two for some time so he had a general idea what the whole job was about, but even so he should probably ask first. For one, he was embarrassed to admit that he was listening to their conversation as that would be rude and then on top of that just because he he heard some didn't mean that Jason did want to hear the full information about the job. Truth be told he was always ready to earn some money and he wasn't the type of guy to shy away from any kind of job so he might as well take the chance offered to him.

He nodded at Vodarara. "Well at least tell me what kind of business you need to care of before inviting me like that." Jason asked with a warm smile on his face signifying that he had no intentions to cause trouble for the man, he was more than willing to help out if he can. "By the way, my name is Jason, what is yours?" Jason asked one more question, the smile not disappearing from his face as he outstretched his arm for a handshake with the other man. Though he was very polite and asking about the job he did want the two of them to move on as fast as possible. From what he understood the other man was waiting for them outside and despite what Vodarara said, he'd rather not have someone, especially not someone who was drunk like that standing outside in the cold. Sure, the guy might have taken his tea and everything but Jason would rather not see him drop dead because of cold anyway. It would just cause unnecessary trouble.

___
Word Count: 896/500

Last edited by Fehafare on 02/01/15, 03:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jason's Vault

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Vodarara conversed with the fanalis answering his questions about what needed to be done and introduced himself to the creature.

“What I need is to find a trader in this area, to set up a stable supply for a time with Imuchakk, assuming you’re a local you should know of someone of reputation and rank that I could try to contact with, I’d also like someone to carry my trunk of goods I brought personally to start the ball rolling, if you can fulfil this I will compensate you for your time”

“I also go by the name Vodarara that is the name I was given, If that is fine with you we should set off before the day wears away, I don’t want to keep him waiting”

Vodarara paided his tab and the damage caused by Tai while waiting for what the fanalis would do if he came along he would leave him to move the trunk if he did not he would, Vodarara would do it himself.

____
WC: 169
909/500

Last edited by Vodarara on 02/01/15, 03:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fehafare

Fehafare
D-Tier
D-Tier

Jason looked over at Vodarara and just nodded. The job sounded good enough and Jason had no reason to deny it. He knew some of the local traders and carrying some luggage was really not an issue for him. With that in mind he smiled once more and turned towards the trunk. "Very well, i'll lead the way, just follow me." Jason told Vodarara before picking up the trunk, hefting it onto his shoulder and starting to walk towards the exit of the inn, hoping that they violent little friend hasn't frozen to death just yet.

Assuming that Vodarara would follow him and opened up the door and stepped outside, the cold wind slamming against his face right away.

___
Word Count 1016/500

Last edited by Fehafare on 02/01/15, 03:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jason's Vault

Tai Black

Tai Black
β-Tier
β-Tier

-, There Tai was just floating in midair on his carpet. He had finished the rum and now just waiting outside was all. He felt a little sober, but he just had a major headache as if something had just rang his ears to death making it go to his entire brain.

Tai knew the whole purpose of this  trade, but he didn't care. Only because he knew it was his Homeland and he had nothing better to do. He had noticed that the two men had came out finally , but the new comer was caring a heavy load.

"Maybe you should put that on here with me.." He said insisting that the man put it on top of the floating carpet.

Tai didn't want this to be stressful as it was. He wanted to do something and so this would be the best way. As he continued with the men not knowing what to expect. Still he was still suspicious of Vodarara of the fact the man was still alive. He knew that this man didn't know anything of Tai recent whereabouts, but still it's just so weird how they met up there. Still it was best, he would have someone to assist him with his plans.

word count: 208
thread status: social mission thread
tags: reim, trade, vodarara
character mood: sober
technique & word count: 1,382/500

Last edited by Tai Black on 02/01/15, 04:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

|Character Vault|

Fehafare

Fehafare
D-Tier
D-Tier

Jason was glad that the man waiting outside seemed to be both ok and a bit more sober, in fact he even made a friendly offer for Jason to put the trunk down on the floating carpet. First of all, Jason was intrigued, he never saw a magical object like that, he did hear about them but he never got to examine a single one of them so he did take a closer look at the flying carpet and observed it for some time before shaking his head. "No, it's alright." Jason told the man in response, the trunk still resting on his shoulder. Jason was a Fanalis and could handle the weight and on top of that he enjoyed physical work, it helped him relax and take his mind off things and so it was always welcome. "My name's Jason by the way, it's nice to meet you, how may i call you?" he asked again in the same friendly manner he asked Vodarara for his own name. While he spoke he seemed somewhat absent minded, however Jason knew exactly where he was going.

After some twenty minutes of walking the three of them stood in front of a rather big house. It obviously didn't belong to a noble or anything, but it's decent size suggested that a wealthy person lived there. Jason knocked a few times and a female servant opened the door, from the way she spoke it seemed like she knew Jason. As the two exchanged greetings she went inside again to get the master of the house, a man called Marcus. Who came out was a man in his late forties. Both his hair and beard were short and black, witch patches of grays all over the place, He had a few small scars on his face and a well built frame, clearly a man who liked to get work done himself and who didn't spend all the time inside sitting and enjoying his fortune. "Jason my lad, what's that? You come up here and don't come visit my shop?" the man asked with a smile as he shook Jason's hand. Marcus was one of the biggest traders in the norther region of Reim and he owned several shops there, he practically had no rivals there as most others kept to the warmer south. Jason was a regular customer and came for a visit whenever he was up in the north and had a chance to do so. Though he wasn't very close to the trader the two of them were acquaintances and on good terms, Jason trusted him to be the best man for this kind of job, especially since he knew how to deal with the cold and the snow.

"Sorry Marcus i just arrived today. But i think you'll find this man i brought along to be interesting, he's got an offer for you." Jason said and then let Vodarara take it from there and explain his whole plan with a trading rout.

___
Word Count: 1520/500

Last edited by Fehafare on 02/01/15, 03:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jason's Vault

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Vodarara followed to the destination and has introduced to the trader that went by the name of Marcus.

The fanalis named Jason had introduced him and was leaving it over to Vodarara to deal with what would of course be his part in the negotiations with the trader.

Vodarara started by opening up with trying to show as little weakness as possible which the trader could try to manipulate, bartering was a war of the tongue one could say.

“I am looking to procure a supply train if not ending in a trade route with yourself depending on how this goes down, You have a good number of resources from what I can see around me, I am more of a solo party in this matter but as evidence of goods we could trade I have pieces that I will show you”

Vodarara prior to showing handed over a piece of paper with what he was after in terms of foods and hides, the mountain creatures here should act as a small supplement for the time being while the Imuchakk ones populations built back up and regrouped.

Though he would not mention anything of the disaster.

He followed up by showing off goods unique to Imuchakk.

“See I am technically a Imuchakk, but that’s a long story, big guy out there is most likely better proof of where im from as well as the weapons we wield”

“But of course this is not all I have brought, in exchange as payment for that I will offer you the contents of this Cache”

Which he flipped open using his boot so he could maintain eye contact.

“You can keep the box as well, I will also offer to perform a few favors for you, im sure the more influence one has the greater weight they have in this business”

Though the hardened trader wouldn’t be thrown by Voda’s talk he had one of his men check the contents of the box making sure it wasn’t false bottomed and the quality of the pieces.

Markus responded once his man had whisper something back to him, “50/100th of what you want ill provide for this deal”

Vodarara responded with a stout, “17/20th”

Markus responded with “12/20th”

Vodarara finished with “Meet in the middle at 70/100th”

Markus held out his hand “I guess that will work lad”

Vodarara took hold of the hand for a shake.
“Now your people work by contract, lets sort out one of those, I can also see in your eyes that you may have some “favors” for me to fulfiller”

___
WC: 431
1340/500
Job D 1st job Done GJ guys

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum