You are not connected. Please login or register

The "You Gotta Try This" Recipe Thread

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Rules
1. Post only Recipes, or responses to Recipes.
2. Give credit where credit is due. If the recipe is from a book or author, say so.
3. Negative comments are ok, but try to stay away from "That sucked". Constructive Criticism ONLY.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Altair Loros' Vault
View user profile
Pork Chops Giambotta

2, 6-8 ounce pork chops per person
Kosher Salt
Freshly Ground black pepper
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Sweet Italian Sausage, sliced 1/4 inch thick, about 8 ounces
1 large Spanish Onion, halved, and thinly sliced
8 ounces of Shiitake Mushrooms, thinly sliced
4 Garlic Cloves, sliced
2 Red Bell Peppers, peeled, seeded, and sliced
1/2 cup roughly torn fresh basil leaves
Waffle-cut French Fried Potatoes to serve

1. Preheat Oven to 375F. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. sear both sides, and place on a baking sheet. Cook in oven for 12 minutes.

2. Using the same skillet on medium high heat, add your olive oil, and cook the sausages and onions for 3 minutes. Add your mushrooms, and garlic, and cook until mushrooms are cooked through.. In the last minute of the Pork Chops cooking, add your bell peppers and basil leaves.

3. on a bed of waffle cut french fries, put a pork chop, then a scoop of the sausage and veggies, then another pork chop, and another scoop of sausage and veggies (all stacked on top of each other as best you can). Serve Hot.

*I recommend chopping everything before hand so you can work quickly while the pork chops cook.

*serve with ketchup or a honey bbq sauce on the side.

*depending on how long it takes you to sear the pork chops, twelve minutes in the oven may not be enough to cook through. Make sure to check your meat just in case.

From the book: More Diner's, Drive-In's, and Dives. By Guy Fieri. This specific creation is my interpretation.

Altair Loros' Vault
View user profile
Thai Peanut Chicken

6 Chicken breasts, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon ground cumin
3 cloves minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2/3 cup peanut butter
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 cup lime juice
3 chopped green onions
1/4 fresh cilantro (dried works as well)
1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped

Rice

Cook chicken, peppers and onions until chicken is no longer pink (I usually cook it at about 300-ish in an electric skillet)
Add broth and soy sauce
Season with cumin, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
Once cooked/blended, remove 1 cup of liquid and mix the liquid with peanut butter, 1 tsp of soy sauce and lime juice.
Add mixture back to pan, cook for 5 minutes to distribute flavors
Serve over rice and garnish with nuts, cilantro and green onion.

(The recipe is originally intended for crock pot, but i just make it in an electric skillet. For crock pot directions, do first three steps in crock pot to cook for 4-5 hours, then remove the liquid and mix with peanut butter, soy sauce and lime, add back to crock pot and cook on high for 30 minutes.)

**If spicy is not for you, just eliminate the red pepper flakes, as it gives it quite a kick

Last edited by Ariella Negri on 10/12/14, 09:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

The "You Gotta Try This" Recipe Thread Ari%20Sigs_zpsn7c2bhju
View user profile
I like it. Can you add the temperature, and general time to cook the chicken at? Also, i'm assuming we use a skillet, but you didn't specify.

Altair Loros' Vault
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum