You are not connected. Please login or register

Bandits and Creatures [job/solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bandits and Creatures [job/solo] Empty Bandits and Creatures [job/solo] on 01/12/14, 09:20 pm

Job details:
Job Name: Unexpected Consequences Pt. II/III [Chain]
Job Rank: C
Job Location: Reim
Job Rewards: 7,000 Huang, 100 XP
Job Prerequisites: Unexpected Consequences Pt. I/III [Chain]
Job Overview:
Some of the caravans that have been moving the weaker beasts have been raided by a nearby group of bandits. It seems they have recently suffered great losses, and their attacks were made in order to obtain now-rare species so that they may sell them on the market for a high price. You've been requested to defend against such an attack. Halfway through the route to the mountainous area, you find yourself under attack by a small squad of bandits...

Enemies:
Enemy Name: Black Crow Swordsman x2
Needed damage to take down: D
Abilities:
Black Crow Swordsman may sprint at up to 9 m/s.
Black Crow Swordsman use short swords to impart D-Tier damage to their opponents.

Enemy Name: Black Crow Knight
Needed damage to take down: C
Abilities:
Black Crow Knight may sprint at up to 9 m/s.
Black Crow Knight uses a long sword to impart C-Tier damage, and wields a wooden round shield.
Knight Blade: A Black Crow Knight swings his blade in a downward strike, imparting C-Tier damage to their opponent at 15 m/s.
Shield the Blow: A Black Crow Knight catches a blow from an opponent and slides it to the side, defending against C-Tier damage from a single attack at 15 m/s.

Ari grinned at seeing the message waiting for her that night after helping the beast tamers. It was nice to know he was safe, if a bit cold. She had not checked the journey book in over two weeks and hoped he had not been waiting long for a response. Taking out the writing utensil included with the journey book, she hummed as she thought of what to write.

Azix,

It is good to hear you are doing well. I am glad you found someone familiar to sail with, I am sure the Pirate Queen will keep you entertained on your long journey. I hope Imuchakk greets you with open arms, I know you are nervous about this succeeding.

The Grumptoes are well and will be excited to hear you sent them a message. I am currently helping to move some endangered beasts to safer lands, but I will be stopping to see them soon. I miss having you nearby, writing seems clunky and lacks the warmth from your smile. I have not been idle in your absence, my father insisted on some training, as did Sleuthy. It seems my mother has still not been located. I plan on speaking with the king when I return to Remano about it and about the replacement of the councilors.

Stay warm until I can see you again.

Yours,
Ari

She sat the Journey book down with a sigh, wondering if she should have told him about the Mantis Beast and her week long recovery process, but she did not want to worry him. With thoughts of the orange magician floating in her mind, she drifted off to sleep with a smile on her face, her dreams keeping her company in his absence.

Ari sipped a cup of tea as she looked around the dining area of the inn she was staying at, planning on enjoying a filling breakfast before returning to Remano after helping out the beast tamers. When the door opened and one of the tamers entered the room, she arched a brow, offering a wave of recognition. The beast tamer seemed almost relieved to see her and shuffled over eagerly.

“Miss Ariella, it seems some of the other caravans did not arrive as safely as we did. A rider came just after you left yesterday to say that bandits had ambushed their camps and stolen many of the creatures we were moving.”

Ari frowned but quickly set some gold on the table and stood.

“If you will wait a moment for me to gather my things, I will come back with you to help guard the other caravans.”

The beast tamer nodded in agreement and waited as she gathered her items from the inn room. Luckily, she had traveled light for this trip and it did not take her long to return, pack strapped across her back, wand in her sleeve and dagger hanging from her waist, the pouch of throwing knives inherited from Lexiara in an easy to access area of her cloak. She and the beast tamer wasted no time getting back to the camp via horseback and she listened to the rider detail the attack on the other caravan. When they were finished, she asked them to take her to the other caravan and the rider grabbed his own horse and led her the rest of the day to the other caravan.

The herds being moved by this group seemed much smaller after the bandit attack and she frowned, hoping there were enough of the creatures to maintain a steady growth in their new homes. Deciding it would be best to keep the caravan here for the night, she agreed to take the first watch in case the bandits returned. The moon was high in the sky before she heard a commotion amongst the wild creatures being moved and she stood from her barely visible spot leaning against a barrel. Across the group of beasts, she could barely make out the outline of two people trying to pull infants away from their mothers. Using the training Sleuthy had given her, she used the creatures as cover to move closer. When she was within ten meters of the men, she silently slid the throwing knives from her waist, a quick flick of the wrist launching two of them towards the men, striking one in the stomach and the other in the arm.

When the one struck in the gut cried out, she heard a loud whisper from much closer to camp and she cursed. It seemed they had left a watch near the camp to deal with any of the beast tamers, while the other two were to steal the creatures. The noise from the downed bandits had woken the slumbering beasts and they were shuffling around in a panic, nearly trampling her. Using her Leaping Steps, she quickly got out of the way of the herd, but the bandit spotted her in the process and she saw him pull up a sword and shield.

Landing about two meters from him, she had no desire to drag this out, worrying about scaring the creatures more. She also did not want to use her magic, as the lightning was bound to frighten the herd. She pulled her dagger free and used Get Over Here to loop the ball of the dagger around the Bandit Knight’s wrist and drag him forward. He deflected the ball with Shield the Blow, making the ball miss its mark. She quickly yanked the chain back to herself, moving closer and using Slash and Bash to strike the man’s temple, dazing him long enough to slide the dagger into his midsection. The thief fell to the ground with a grunt and she quickly swung around when she heard a noise behind her, fearing another hidden enemy. It was a beast tamer with his hands held up and she relaxed before showing him the bandits she had taken out. He thanked her profusely and offered to take over her watch, which she gratefully accepted, making her way to the fire in the middle of the camp to warm herself before crawling into a tent and falling asleep.

[1032/1000]
[Magoi 220/300]

Items/Abilities:
Name: Chained Death
Tier: C
Type: Chained Dagger
Appearance: The 25 cm dagger has a hook in the 15 cm blade, designed to catch on flesh. At the end of the hilt is a 3 meter long chain with a weighted ball on the end. The hilt is wrapped in black fabric and the blade is made of sharp steel.

Name: Pointy
Tier: B
Type: Throwing knives
Appearance: The throwing knives are made of dark metal with cloth wrapped around the hilt and a small circle at the end large enough for a finger to fit through. The knives are approximately 12 centimeters long.

Name: Get Over Here
Cost: 30 Stamina
Weapon Type: Chained Dagger
Class: Offensive/Supplementary
Range: 3m
Duration: 1 post
Cool-Down: 5 posts
Description: Ariella uses the ball and chain on the end of the dagger to wrap around a single limb up to 3 meters away and drags her opponent closer to her at 25 m/s before using her dagger to deal C-tier damage.

Name: Slash and Bash
Cost: 30 Stamina
Weapon Type: Chained Dagger
Class: Offensive
Range: Close
Cool-Down: 5 posts
Description: Ariella holds her dagger in one hand, swinging the ball end of the chain around at 25 m/s and aims it at an opponent’s face before stabbing the opponent’s body with the dagger. The ball and dagger each deal C-tier damage.

Name: Leaping Steps
Tier: C
Cost: 20 Stamina
Weapon Type: Body
Class: Supplementary
Range: Close
Cool-Down: 3 posts
Description: Ariella dashes and leaps at 20 m/s, taking 1 meter leaps in a direction of her choice up to 5 times. She is able to use the environment to leap off of and can change directions with each leap.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Bandits and Creatures [job/solo] Ari%20Sigs_zpsn7c2bhju
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum