You are not connected. Please login or register

[Non Canon/social/Minerva] Its Cold outside!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

She sighed heavily, wantin the day to be done with. She pushed the door open, her heavy handed movements slowly creaking the hinges. She had arrived home far later than usual, the sun nearly set now, and she had gone without food for the past several hours. She grabbed a sliver of jerked beef from the pantry before she slipped upstairs to her half of the floor, the delicious spiced meat washing over her tongue with a beautiful flavor. She cracked open the door to her room lazily, her mind elsewhere as she unloaded her things at her desk, still unaware of her unexpected visitor.

She turns, seeing the folded clothes first, and then the cocoon in her bed. She shouts in surprise and fear, fiercely whacking the disguised Janghir with her staff before bouncing back into the corner, her rukh forming into its characteristic crackle around her. She stops, realizing that she knows the man in the cocoon of blankets as her attack uncovered his face.

"J-Janghir?" Her face seems relieved, yet sours again. "Let me guess, you came back because you want me to be your empress still,"she says, sighing in exhasperation.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

[Non Canon/social/Minerva] Its Cold outside! GHN16xD

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

Her face goes red, her brow furrowed and eyes fuming. As he disappears. She let's him finish his explanation of how wonderful she is. She slams her staff into the ground, her voice placid as peals of lightning suddenly arc around her. "I don't believe a word you just uttered. You will replace ALL of that food you just ate, NOW. I did not invite you in to my house, and I did not invite you to eat my food, and as such, you are a thief in the house of a magician, and I abhor thiefs."

She forms a thin spear over her head, aiming the Volt Spear at Jahangir, completely ignoring his question. "I'm giving you two options. One: stop spouting bullshit about how wonderful you think I am and stop using me as a resource for food and just leave me be, or two: start acting like you actually value me and show me that you aren't just full of empty, impulsive words. Either decision, I want you out of my house, and I want that food replaced. Now."

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

Minerva caught the sack of gold in one hand, shocked slightly that Jahangir wou,d simply toss so much money at her as thought it were a luxury item. She herself hadn't seen so much gold in a singular bag, much less in a single payment. Her focus wavered slightly, but snapped back to reality quickly as Jahan stood up from her bed, moving towards him. The air around the spears was hot, and jahan walked through the crackling aura she had about her, although the arcs caused no pain, amd could barely be felt as more than a tickle.

Then he did something unexpected. She knew the apology was coming, or at least, she had hoped it would be, but the soft warmth of his lips against her forehead took her completely off guard. The spears.slowly fizzled as she let the sweet feeling wash over her. He was rash, impulsive, crude and borderline offensive, but he was sweet and gentle too, and he listened to her and respected what she had to say. A comment he had made earlier began to ring in her mind, slowly invading her thoughts.

Why didn't you just say yes?

Why hadn't she? Was she too scared of what her parents would think? They had been pressuring her to find someone after all. She was nearly the same age her mother had married at. But why was she so hesitant? Maybe Jahangir wasn't entirely wrong in his impulsiveness. Maybe to find something truly wonderful you had to be willing to risk yourself, and trust in someone else, rather than your own calculations and skill.

And so she did, cupping his face in her palms and gently tugging his kiss lower until she had sealed their lips together in a soft embrace. The swelling warmth that coursed throughout her body as she held the brief kiss was electric, her mind numbing slightly under the pleasant feeling before she broke away, letting her arms rest around his neck. "I'm changing my mind.

"I say yes, Jahan."

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

"Obviously you can start by getting out of my bed and putting your clothes on, then hauling yourself outside and buying me a new window. You broke that, so you owe me that much. If we leave now, mother and father will get back while we're out, and you can ask them for permission to court me then."

She pushes the door open, tossing the man's clothes on his face. "After that, I suppose we can just take our time and see what happens." She turns and walks out of her room, her cloak swirling behind her as she tips her staff back into her hands. Jaja can hear the tap of her steel-toed boots on the stairs as she goes down to the main level with the gold, leaving the bag on the table.

What compelled her to change her mind? Maybe it was a gut feeling. She was sure that if Jahangir just wanted to have sex with her he would have said it outright, or at least, that's what his personality indicated. So the fact that he hadn't yet and even aknowledged her view stood for something. He cared about her, she knew that much, but she wanted him to at least tell her parents how he thought of her, and how her parents would react around such a man.

And she wanted to be courted. Sure, she wouldn't mind falling in love quickly and being whisked away by her future husband, but where was the real connection in that? Besides, she had agreed to give Jahangir a chance, or at least, that's how she felt she came across. Hopefully her earlier ultimatum had shown him what she was wanting, and who knew. Maybe her impulsive decision based on a crush would blossom into what she was hoping.

Only time could tell.

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

"Oh for goodness sake Jahan! If you're going to gripe about the weather, then don't shatter someone's window and knock on the door like a civilized person." She sighs in annoyance, tempted to whack him with her staff. Bu he'd been such a gentleman, carrying the window all the way from the bazaar to her house and she knew the glass must be freezing. She pushes open the door, stepping in before Jahangir and breaking into a small jog.

"Daddy!!" She leapt into the man's arms with a clatter and clang, his armor struggling to accommodate her hug. She slid to the gound as her father removed his helmet, smiling and laughing, the deep rumble filling the house. "How's my princess been?" She shakes the cold out, feeling the heat of the earth beneath the stairs. "I'm doing well, except for my broken window. Some hooligan broke in and ate a severe sum of food, but they seemed to have left compensation." She motions Jahangir inside. "Father, this is Jahangir, a friend of mine I met recently. He said he wanted to talk to you about something."

She moves by Jahangir taking the glass with surprising ease. "I'll leave you two alone for a bit. I've got to repair this window." She nods trudging upstairs.

Anax approaches Jahangir, hand outstretched. The man was unbelievably tall for a human, standing at a full 6'4" in front of the halfblood. "Jahangir, is it? A pleasure." He gripped the boy's hand with a rediculous ammount of strength. "You didn't happen to see the mongrel that broke her window, did you?"

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

"Hah! Straightforward and concise! See, if there were more men like you in the guard the captains would have a much easier time." He claps the boy on the shoulder. "For your question of marriage, I'll be saying no, with the prospect of a yes in the future. You seem to be genuinely interested in my daughter, but neither myself, nor my wife have gotten to know you, and I don't think you truly know my daughter yet." His face seems nearly fatherly to the young man. "Take the time to get to know her, and make sure you're really in love. Marriage isn't an impulsive decision. If you still feel the same way after that, then we can talk again. I know my daughter enough to know that's how she would want you to proceed, whether or not that's how she said it."

He turns to the table, taking his helmet off and opening the bag of gold. "By Reim, Jahangir. With this sum you'd think you were planning on breaking all of our windows!" His deep laugh fills the air, the warm joy saturating the room. "Why did you break the window in the first place?"

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

Anax chuckles. "Hah. The window was old anyway. Just come by her mother's store next time. She'll be there if she isn't here. As for the food, well, I think you've easily compensated that. Now go ahead and spend some time with my daughter. She'll need help replacing that window anyway." The man throws himself into a chair by the window, swiftly drifting off to sleep, a nap required after his shift.

Truthfully, Minerva had strained quite a bit getting the glass up the stairs, and when she got up to her room, her facade crumbled, letting the glass down onto the bed with trembling knee and panting breaths. She grabbed a wastebin and worked on unlatching the inner half of the windows. It was a system she had designed when she broke her window a year previous, installing hinges and locks to that she could open the side of the frame and slide the window down in.

Of course, that didn't change the matter of lifting the heavy glass or getting the frame to a workable angle, but she managed on her own, and by the time Jahangir came up into her room again, she had just finished pushing the frame back into place. She slid the small plank of wood down the side of the frame and clicked it back into place, shutting the cold air out once more before falling back onto her bed with an oomph.

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

She sighs, rolling over into the pillow. She was initially happy at the affection he had shown her. sure, she couldn't have lifted him, but that wasn't something on her agenda. But the reminder of her weakness perturbed her and discouraged her. Sure, one could improve with training, but she was fairly sure she'd need a lot more to even come close to the level of her friends. She rolled into Jahan, hiding her face in his chest. "Don't remind me, Jahan..."

She clung close to him before rolling over him and grabbing her staff, pushing herself toward the door. "Come on, Jahan. I know a place where I can train that's warm." She disappears, waiting downstairs for her man.

The barracks were empty at this time of night, the occasional guardsman only moving by to grab his materials. She pushes the last table to the side, a small arena made when she empties the floor. "Is this good?"

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

Minerva inhales deeply, getting the oxygen to her brain. She was training with her boyfriend, so he wouldn't hurt her too bad...right? Then again, this was Jahangir, so she prepared for him to strike with intent. Her mind raced with the various way's the battle could play out, but in the end she only saw one chance of herself winning, and that was to force Jahangir airborne, where he could no longer dodge her spells.

This is just like the time's when you would micro in Skrimish with papa, Minerva reminded herself gently, attempting to sooth her racing mind. It's all about forcing the enemy into a position where they are at a disadvantage, and then using that as often as you can. I'd have to remove every other option from him except leaping, the question is how do I do that.

She dropped her thought process, steeling her nerves before she slammed her staff into the ground, a static pulse rippling out towards Jahan at 10/m per second before she leaps back a measly 5 meters, putting herself approximately 15 meters from Jahangir. She knew the static pulse would never be enough to really even distract a man who could leap so extravagantly, or even just skip to the side, but that wasn't what she wanted to do. She needed to by time. She needed a second for something so spark.

The air around her crackled, her soft static bringing her powers to light. Of course, she was really the only one who could see this happening, unless there was another person who could see the rukh. Her power was still raw, and unfocused, and it leaked slightly, but she stayed under the illusion that this was the norm. She kept her mind about her, never letting her eyes waver from Jahangir. Then suddenly something in her mind perked. If she could create something that would collapse around Jahangir from all sides, she could force him into the air. Her mind raced through her most recent readings on area spells, the young scholar swiftly recollecting several key passages. She knew that sustaining the spell would make it a bit more useful, so she attempted to work that in around what she had already formulated, quickly drawing the runes in her mind, a cyclic angle that amplified power from the outside in.

She waited for Jahan to approach a bit more before attempting to force him into a decision. She held her staff sideways, thrusting her hand in the direction of the ground beneath Jahan, the bolt of lightning suddenly circling the man. The sides suddenly began to fill in at 15m/s at what was his present location, but the damage wasn't her goal. If he leaped from the spot, she'd have a chance to nail him with one of her spells, and hopefully it would be enough to allow her to push into an advantage. Then of course, there was always the possibility he could dispel the field.

At this point, she could only try to react to her boyfriend, hoping the situation turned in her favor.

spells:

Trained Spell:

[Magoi 170/200]

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

Minerva doesn't even have the chance to react to the punch, her borg cracking audibly, the shattering sound ringing in her eardrums as she slowly sinks to the ground, catching herself on all fours. Her splayed hand twitches, her fingers arching and slowly curling beneath her palm until she's formed a fist. She pounds her fist on the ground in frustration, a small cloud of dust popping up as, her faliure begins to anger her, her eyes welling up slightly.

"Why...I trained myself every day for a fight and I lose in seconds...I spent so much time thinking up spells and now I'm here, and they were all useles!" Her rage at her own lack of ability echoes across the makeshift arena. "I'm useless...I'm always going to be protected..." She shudders gently, the dirt beneath her gently gathering the tears that slowly drip off her cheeks and nose. Her breath comes in strained pants, fighting back the tears from letting herself down. "I'm not cut our for fighting...I'm just not..."

Last edited by Minerva Gladius on 29/11/14, 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

She gris her teeth, biting her lip to force her own body to move. She pushes herself off the ground as Jahangir slowly turns and begins to walk away. A trickle of blood runs down her chin and the soft lines of tears still drip across her cheeks as he steps as he reaches Five meter's away from her. Her body tremblse, but no longer was the soft shudder from embarrasment, but it was now from an entierly new source: determination. She wasn't about to let Jahangir leave, and if anything, she knew she had to stop him here. Without any warning, she launched her flurry of Shock Spheres at Jahangir's legs, her eyes drivin, and fierce. At the same time, she sprang back, widening the distance between them to a full 20 meters.

She slams her staff on the ground, staring at Jahangir, her mind somehow clear behind the seething anger she was riddled with at the moment. She leveled her staff at the man, the hard crackle of her lightning circling the amethyst gem around the top. She unbuttons her cloak with one hand, tossing it haphazardly away at the bench, her mind only focused on improving right now. So what if Jahangir had spent every day of his life fighting? That didn't make him a better fighter than Minerva, and she refused to accept her own weakness.

Since her childhood she had been ridiculed, bullied, beaten up, and hated because of her silver hair and her mother's nationality and every time her father would somehow be there to save her. She was sick of it.

"I refuse...to accept that result..." She pushes her wrist beneath her eyes, drying off her still damp cheeks. "I refuse to stand under you. I refuse to stand behind my father. I will stand on my own, and meet anyone as an equal. I don't care if they've been fighting since they were born, I refuse to acknowledge that I cannot meet them on an equal level. I don't care if that person is my future husband, or the highest magician in magnostadt. I refuse to step down."

The air around her slowly ceases to crackle, her eyes now ablaze with her stormy determination. She knows that she was narrowminded last battle, relying on a gimic and wasting something that could have been valuable in a vain attempt to force Jaja into a one-hit-wonder. She would not make the same mistake again. Ever. No matter the circumstances.

She levels her stare at Jahangir, her eyes locking with his. "We're fighting again. I'm not leaving this room until I improve and you won't either, unless you want to give up on your chance to have me."

spells:

[Word count 452/500]
[Magoi 150/200]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum