SShhhh, i'm hunting Yeti's

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SShhhh, i'm hunting Yeti's Empty SShhhh, i'm hunting Yeti's 22/11/14, 07:18 pm

Altair Loros

Altair Loros
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job Name:

Altair sat in a chair outside the bar and watched the people go about their daily lives.  While he had gotten on good terms with the bartender and the rest of his family, he still had yet to make any headway with the other villagers.  The Imuchakk people were very territorial he had been told, and were very cold to outsiders.  It was only because of the workforce program from Reim that he was allowed here at all.  Altair had to really get going on his acts of good will if he was ever going to warrant a meeting with Asisiak.  The people here had to see him as family, not just a friendly outsider.  It would take too long for Altair to please every family one by one.  He had to think of some other way.  There was a job board, but Altair had been told by some of the others from Reim that they would likely not allow you to take the job in the first place.  It seemed you needed a semblance of trust in order to gain trust.  And that wasn't good enough for Altair.

"Altair, could you come inside please?  I have something you might be interested in."  The bartender poked his head out from the door and beckoned to Altair to come inside.  "I hope it's not more ale.  With all the 'testing' you've been having me do, i don't think i've been sober for three days."  Altair chuckled.  The bartender and his family had taken him in, and given him a place to sleep while he was here.  to them, it was the least they could do for saving their beloved son.  Honestly it struck Altair as somewhat odd.  For being Imuchakk, they were certainly kind once you got to know them.  He laughed, wondering if all the alcohol had something to do with it.  Altair entered the bar and sat down at a stool.  "So what can i do for you Himejojo?"  Altair asked.  "Well, it's not so much what you can do for me, as you can for him."  Himejojo stepped aside to reveal another Imuchakk man, who was slightly shorter with his hair tied in a bun.  the man gave Altair a cold stare, icier than anything Altair had seen since he arrived.  And this continent was frozen.  The newcomer looked to Himejojo.  "You didn't tell me he was an outsider.  I don't think he's up to the task.  I don't appreciate my time being wasted Himejojo."  The bartender shook his head.  "I'm told you i had someone who could do the job.  i never said who.  But Dantete, i'm telling you this guy is no joke.  Not only did he get my son out of the crevasse, i took him snow shoveling yesterday, and he almost beat me!  I tell you, if he was just taller he'd be an Imuchakk himself."  Dantete looked surprised.  Altair must have made a bigger impact than he thought last week.  "Alright.  I'll give him ONE chance.  Listen here boy, you remember that mountain you shoveled snow on?  Well, we're trying to make a pass through it.  The problem is that we've come across a small den of Yeti cubs.  We can't continue work until they're gone, so it'll be your job to clear them out.  Once you do, come back here.  I'll be waiting."  Altair nodded.  Dantete just stared at him, and with a quick glance at Himejojo he got the hint that he meant now.

It was a short run to the mountain.  With the snow mostly cleared, it was much easier to get there than last time.  Altair searched the obvious areas for signs of these Yeti's, but found none.  It was then that Altair had an idea.  He grasped his necklace and put a little Magoi into it.  From the snow sprang four black sheep.  Altair needed them to be dark so that they would be easily seen.  Altair spurred them, letting them go out around the mountainside.  Altair then took up a position higher up the mountain, and waited.

It was a while before he heard anything.  But finally, he heard the bleat of a lamb in trouble.  Altair snuck across the white snow as quietly as he could, searching for the lamb.  He spotted it on the far end, being munched by three Yeti.  They were smaller than Altair thought they'd be.  Only about three feet high.  Then again, they did say they were children.  Altair let out a yell, startling the yeti.  They scrambled towards the mountain, and into a hole.  Perfect.  Altair slid down the mountainside and into the hole with the yeti.  He drew his sword and killed the first one before it knew he was there.  The other two turned on him, but two quick slices from his blade cut their heads clean off.  Altair cut off a fang from each of their corpses to bring back as proof.

Altair walked into the pub with fangs in hand.  he set them down in the table in front of Dantete and smiled.  "Three Yeti.  Just like you said.  took me some bait to draw them out, but they were easy prey after i found their hiding spot."  The Imuchakk man looked genuinely surprised.  "Well, i know when i've misjudged a man.  And now would be the time.  I'm sorry i was hard on you.  You've done a good job.  Now we can start working on the path."  Himejojo came over then with a mug of hot cider.  "See, i told you he was the man for the job.  Good on you Altair.  Here, drink up, you must be freezing."  Altair took the mug and thanked Himejojo.  He then looked to Dantete.  "You know, i'm here honestly to make connections.  I want to learn as much as i can about your people and culture, so that i can take back what i learned from you here to my people back home.  If you have any more work you need done, or you hear of others who need it, please mention my name.  I want to make a difference, and you could help me do it."  Dantete smiled.  "Sure thing kid.  Sure thing."

~1048/1000~

Item:

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum