Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
Job Name: The Bandit experiments[Repeatable]
Job Rank: B
Job Location: Reim
Job Rewards: 200 XP/15,000 Huang
Job Overview:  Something wrong happened; there has been some forbidden experiments with life magic, actual creatures, and human beings! This mage has created a chimera, somewhat of an abomination with a various amount of genes and let it loose on the citizens of Reim. Defeat the monstrous beasts. After defeating them, investigate this organization! You should find a letter in the pants of the poor mutated bandits if you search the body, the person who hired them  had a list of a meeting place, which could be where the experiment took place. You will be paid for your services to the king and the people of Reim

Enemy Name: Chimera x 2
Needed damage to take down: B
Abilities: They move at 10 m/s and deal passive damage equivalent to their tier. They are 5 meters in size.
~Worm Whip - One of the worms that cover the body of the monster extends to 10 meters long and whips at 20 m/s to deal B-tier damage.
~Flesh Block - The monster grows extra flesh to block up to B-tier damage
~Heightened Senses - Having the genes of different animals, this monster contains a heightened survival instinct that can detect any kind of supplementary ability that disrupts its 5 senses which are B-tier or lower.
~Tough Skin – D-tier damage is subtracted from all damage done to this creature.
~Screech - The beast screams as loud as it possibly can, causing deafness for 2 posts and sending a 20 meter shockwave at 20 m/s that blows that pushes an opponent up to 20 meters away. There is prior warning to when it’s about to scream, as the monster takes a deep breath.
Spoiler:
Chimeric Clash[Job/Lamb] The-Wicked-Worm-Beast

It was a slightly cool autumn day in Reim with weather that was a bit chilly for most of the humans running about, but just right for an Imuchakk. Yakuroro usually preferred warmer weathers as they did not remind him of home and the painful memories that lay there. But it wasn't so cold that he found himself strolling down memory lane, so the Imuchakk magician found himself rather enjoying the pleasant chilled breeze. Yakuroro was sitting at the edge of a fountain enjoying a freshly baked loaf of bread that had been seasoned lightly as his Chimera companion Akatetsu gnawed away at a piece of raw meat bought from a local butcher. It was not strange to see a blue magician near a source of water, but people stopped to give Yakuroro and Akatetsu stare's anyways.

The clothing Yakuroro wore was much unlike what most Imuchakk wore and the staff he held demarked him as a magician. However what made him stand out the most was the presence of his lizard-like son Akatetsu whom was a chimera born of Yakuroro's own blood among other base ingredients. The bone-headed beast had a thick carbonized skull and bone protrusions along his limbs. Akatetsu stood 3m tall and had a 2m long tail as well adding imposing size to his already intimidating appearance.

Yakuroro smiled blissfully all the same and paid no mind to the passing gazes. "Was that a good cut of meat, Tetsu?" Yaku asked happily as he reached out to pet the beast at it's neck just below the dark bone helmet. Akatetsu growled in affirmation and his own cheer was clear in his eyes. Despite how dangerous and monster-like Akatetsu looked, his eyes held a human sense behind them as well as a brain that could outsmart most people.

Together, the two sat and ate peacefully, enjoying their day without any set plans of what to do before the upcoming ball.

~323/1500 Word Count~

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Thank you all, for everything.
View user profile

2Chimeric Clash[Job/Lamb] Empty Re: Chimeric Clash[Job/Lamb] on 07/11/14, 05:01 pm

The young Imuchakk walked sadly around Reim, trying to enjoy her time there. She hadn't made a friend or even so much as had gotten a chance to speak with anyone. Everyone in Reim was either too busy or not interested in giving the girl the time or the day. Since she had been there all she had really done was took on jobs and even those jobs seemed a little mundane. Where was the excitement? The adventure? The story she was suppose to be carving out for when she ran into her brothers? To make matters worse she was hungry all the time. Any money that she had went straight to food and a room to sleep in. Sighing the blue haired teen pulled herself from her thoughts, taking in a deep breath of the cool air.

She had always lived in the cold and this weather was very much new to her. It wasn't cold at all or rather it was much less cold than she was use too. The breeze made her white cape billow behind her, her azure locks played in it, and her skirt danced around her thighs to it. It was a nice breeze though she wished deeply for something colder. Her attire was made for her to swing her sword freely, so that she had no restraints around her. Her top was strapless so her arms had room to move. She was mostly decked in blue and white with only a few gold trimmings. Her sword hung on the left side of her waist so she could pull it easily in her right hand. Kokoro looked to have a boyish charm and she was very cute, but one couldn't tell that she was a beast at battle upon looks alone.

It seemed she had found herself in a very busy part of reim, after awhile of walking she herself hadn't noticed. Looking around her eyes widened at the sight that seemed to open up before her. As she walked past the people Kokoro found herself at a fountain and at that fountain a blue haired male sat with a rather intimidating creature. Kokoro seem to light up as she rushed closer to the man, his blue hair and towering features even as he sat pulling her close like a moth to fire. Once she got close enough to be noticed the sadness she had completely vanished.
" Hey there. I just noticed ya here and ah. You look a lot like you could be an Imuchakk. "
She found herself chuckling to liven the mood up just in case the man didn't want to be bothered. She would be crushed if she missed a chance to meet a fellow Imu.

457/1500

View user profile

3Chimeric Clash[Job/Lamb] Empty Re: Chimeric Clash[Job/Lamb] on 08/11/14, 12:11 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
The unexpected approach from the female Imuchakk warrior didn't really catch Yakuroro by surprise very much. He knew that Asisiak's people were still in Reim and that he could expect to bump into one or two. But it was a bit surprising to see that she was so slender and wore a set of armor much unlike the clothing of their people. Raising a brow, Yakuroro almost wouldn't have been able to tell she was an Imuchakk were it not from her blue hair and the question she asked. As the words came from the young Imuchakk woman's lips, Yaku took a bite of his bread and chewed it calmly before swallowing and making a kind hearted smile. "Indeed, I am Yakuroro. This here is my son, Akatetsu." The magician replied, raising a hand to gesture towards the large chimera whom made a happy growl of sorts. Knowing he was not the most approachable of beasts, Akatetsu didn't make any fast movements, but he did try to extend a form of greeting by bringing his tail around and moving it close to Kokoro. It was almost as if he was expecting a hand-tail shake.

"I'm a magician though. Most Imuchakk find me to be a bit strange." The man said as he rose a hand to rub the back of his head in mock embarrassment. As Yakuroro played the modest nice guy, he pondered what kind of significance there was behind this meeting. Did fate have something in store for him, or would this simply be another passing distraction as their paths briefly intersect. "You look a bit thin, but you have the look of an Imuchakk yourself. What brings you to Reim's capital?"

~607/1500 Word Count~

View user profile

4Chimeric Clash[Job/Lamb] Empty Re: Chimeric Clash[Job/Lamb] on 09/11/14, 05:44 pm

Kokoro had not realized just how hungry she was until she saw the man take a bite out of the bread he held in his hand. The excitement of meeting another Imuchakk had clouded all thoughts of hunger only to come back full force. It was hard for her to pay attention to his words but she picked up his name and the name of his son, " Wait. Son? ". These words formed in her mind as her deep sea orbs looked from the man to the creature and back to the man. The look on her face was one that was heavily confused as she didn't understand how a beast could be the son of a man. Any words she had were completely lost by her mind trying to process what had been said to her. This only lasted for a few moments until she caught the creature waving it's tail outwards toward her. Kokoro didn't know what to do but felt her body move towards the creature and extending her hand shook it's tail. Her face formed a friendly smile and inside she just accepted what was said and what was now happening.

" Hey there Akatetsu, Pleasure to meet ya. " Her words were directed at the Yakuroro's " son " as she shook his tail and drew her attention back to the man. It seemed the man was a Imuchakk after all, a very strange one but one nonetheless. She wouldn't understand why the man choose to use magic but she wouldn't judge him and was too happy in his presences to think any sour thoughts about the subject of magic and Imuchakks. " Well I know I'm a bit smaller then the others, but I'm an Imuchakk through and through as long as my hair is forever blue. " A light chuckled followed with these words as she mentally patted herself on the back for coming up with a proper Imuchakk pride slogan for herself. She felt that she this was going fairly well and hope it continued far past the days end. " Ah. Well this just happens to be my first stop in my life long adventure. I'm enjoying it a lot even if It's not what I expected it to be when I first left home.. " Another pause as she shifted in her spot. " How about you? What are you doing out here? " Her question was of childlike curiosity. Kokoro had always heard of other Imuchakk leaving their homes to go to other places but she never thought she'd actually run into one.

425(882)/1500

View user profile

5Chimeric Clash[Job/Lamb] Empty Re: Chimeric Clash[Job/Lamb] on 10/11/14, 08:14 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
Akatetsu was equally pleased at the girls friendly greetings despite his outward appearance and it would be apparent in the beast's eyes that he appreciated the gesture of kindness. The chimera's tail then returned to its rear as Tetsu and Yakuroro both listened to Kokoro's answer. Yakuroro was able to infer from it that this girl might not be here with Asisiak after all, but rather had come to Reim on her own. Her lyrical play had pulled a chuckle from Yakuroro's visage and a sound of impressed surprise escaped his lips in response to hearing that she had left home. Did that mean she came here by herself? Yakuroro had also left home as a young Imuchakk man and traveled the world by himself and he knew from experience that it wasn't easy. Not realizing the girl had companions, he decided that the least he could do was help her learn some lessons about wandering that he himself had to learn the hard way.

With that in mind, Yakuroro answered her question only to follow up with another of his own. The one of his voice was cheerful enough, but the words held a sharp swiftness with his follow up question. The sharp swiftness of a test question meant to see how well this young Imuchakk could handle herself away from home.

"Me? I've been traveling for years, as a magician I like doing a lot of research and I go wherever my studies take me. So, do you have a place to stay? Do you know how to make money for room and board?"

~873/1500~

View user profile

6Chimeric Clash[Job/Lamb] Empty Re: Chimeric Clash[Job/Lamb] on 11/11/14, 11:10 am

His answer was simple enough but it implied that he was away from his home for a much longer time than Kokoro was. This only intrigued her more as her full attention couldn't be drawn anywhere else, she could feel the world around her becoming a bit more comforting. The question that followed after though pulled her right back into reality. " Ah well, I've been out her for about a week I wanna say. I've been working, doing what I can....I'm barely making it by as it is now. The money I make is really just enough for a room and a few bites to eat if I'm lucky." Her voice was filled with doubt and a heavy burden, she honestly didn't think it would be this hard on her own and she began to wonder how her brothers were doing wherever they are. She could feel the negative emotions that began to cloud her heart and she felt the urge to cry as she realized just how hard it was on her own. Taking in a sharp breath she closed her eyes for a moment, expelling these feelings. She didn't have time to be a sad sap, she was strong and would face any problem with all her might no matter what. Something as small as this wouldn't phase her, she knew she would be alright as long as she had a brain in her head and her healthy body to keep her moving. On the outside it seemed that she had regained any confidence she had lost in that short moment, hoping she that Yakuroro didn't notice.

270( 1152 )/1500

View user profile

7Chimeric Clash[Job/Lamb] Empty Re: Chimeric Clash[Job/Lamb] on 11/11/14, 12:10 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
Yakuroro had a lot of experience reading people and it was fairly easy to do so when Kokoro's young heart was worn so plainly on her sleeve. The magician could see the weight of the struggle to sustain oneself while traveling reflected in her words as she spoke. Yakuroro remembered those days. He still had them from time to time when his research won out over his obligation to do somewhat regular work in order to keep a roof over his head and food in his belly. Those costs had grown since Akatetsu had and Yakuroro had to compensate by taking on more dangerous and more profitable jobs. Further observation of the young female Imuchakk revealed that she had other things worrying her although it was impossible for Yakuroro to tell exactly what. For a moment it seemed as though she would start to cry, but something Kokoro did had brought her mind back into focus and she bounced back as though nothing had bothered her in the first place.

Yakuroro pretended not to notice the emotional lapse and simply smiled back at her with closed eyes. "Well that's no good! An Imuchakk needs to eat well if they want to grow into strong warriors, right? Don't let yourself become a scrawny weak magician like me~" He teased lightly before gobbling up the last of his bread and standing. Akatetsu noticed and likewise swiftly chomped down his meat and prepared to get moving. The taller Imuchakk's hand would reach out and pat the younger of his kin on the head, rubbing her hair briefly as he offered to help. "It is a battle to keep yourself alive out in this big world. But there are some easier ways to make money than others. Come follow me and I'll show you."

If Kokoro accepted, Yakuroro would lead her to a tavern which possessed a job board inside. He's walk straight to the board and began scanning the various job postings. "If you're traveling, it is usually easier to take freelance work rather than to find traditional jobs. Depending on how much risk you're willing to take, some of these jobs can earn you enough to live well for a good number of weeks or even months. Ah! Here's something. Oi, Tetsu, what do you think about fighting fellow chimera?" Yakuroro shouted. The beast looked in through a near by window as he was too large to fit inside the establishment. The chimeric lizard cocked his head to the side and the shrugged its shoulders giving a grunt of indifference.

"Then we'll go with this one." Yaku then pulled a piece of paper off the board and handed it to Kokoro. "This kind of work is dangerous, but it lets you help people and pays well. What do you say, up for it?"

~1344/1500~

View user profile

8Chimeric Clash[Job/Lamb] Empty Re: Chimeric Clash[Job/Lamb] on 11/11/14, 03:05 pm

Kokoro was once again reminded about food and her stomach violently rumbled. She felt a bit embarrassed as her face turned red when Yakuroro put his warm hand upon her head giving her hair a light stroke. He was right she would need to eat better especially with the way she uses her energy. Looking up at him once he stood she only nodded her head in response to what he said about making money. She was led to a tavern and there was a large board. This board held jobs which Kokoro had completely missed. Her eyes scanned the board looking at all the money she could be earning though at a higher risk to her life. Pulling her attention back to Yakuroro she was just I time to hear about the job. " Danger. Helping others. And getting paid enough bigger bucks? Count me in! I can finally let off a bit of steal " Pulling out her sword she swung it around, stabbing at the air with eerie precision before smoothly placing it back in its sheath. " eh.. What's a chimera? " Kokoro scratched the back of her head. She honestly didn't know what she was going up against, but then again she was never the sharpest tool in the shed.

1,363/1500

View user profile

9Chimeric Clash[Job/Lamb] Empty Re: Chimeric Clash[Job/Lamb] on 11/11/14, 03:19 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
Having noticed the girl's rumbling stomach earlier, once she agreed to take the job and nodded before saying, "Good...Oh, don't worry about that, I'll tell you on the way. But first we should get you something to snack on." He rose a hand to call over a servant in the tavern and asked for a small meal that was quick and easy to prepare that could be eaten on the go. The server brought back an assortment of bread and fruit in a cloth and with a bit of food to hold Kokoro over, they were ready to depart. "Eat that while we move. There is only so much time in the day. When we get the reward, you can buy us both a proper meal." the magician said with confidence, sure that they could successfully complete the job in a single day.

Once they were outside the tavern, Yakuroro reached for his belt and almost made use of his flying carpet, but then he realized that Akatetsu was no longer small enough to fit on the magic tool. With a sigh, Yakuroro consigned himself to walking to the place where the Chimeras had last been seen. As they strolled there, Yakuroro explained briefly to Kokoro about what a chimera was. "A chimera is like an animal that has parts of multiple animals. Like...if a Rampaging Unicorn had babies with a snow bunny and made a fluffy version of a rampaging unicorn. That example is a bit silly but you get the idea, right? They are very rare in nature. Most chimera are the product of life magic. Akatetsu here is one such creature. Do you have any other questions before we arrive at the warehouse these chimera were last seen? There wont be time for a lesson in the middle of battle."

Yakuroro would give her a final chance to speak her mind if she had any concerns or queries. Should she have none, then the rest of the walk to the danger area would be fairly quiet with only a bit of small talk here and there.

~1500/1500~

View user profile

10Chimeric Clash[Job/Lamb] Empty Re: Chimeric Clash[Job/Lamb] on 11/11/14, 05:30 pm

Taking large bites of a fruit and popping in pieces of sweet bread to follow, Kokoro listened to Yakuroro's explanation of a Chimera. She found herself giggling at the example given but she got the picture well enough. She found herself picture different species of animals mixed and placed together but shook away the thoughts quickly once the talk came to an end. Not having anymore questions she rarely spoke on the walk as she was busy stuffing her face. She was on her last piece of fruit before something strange caught her eyes. They were already in the enemy area it seems, as she frowned upon seeing the disgusting creature. " Eh. I think I've spotted our Chimera. Well time for work. This'll be over real quick." Without a another word or a moment to spare Kokoro quickly jogged off towards the beast. From where she was should could tell it couldn't see her and by the time she got in a ten meter range from it she was already sprinting towards it.

She didn't need her sword for what she was going to do and once she got in five meters she bent at the knees and using the speed she acquired while sprinting and her own strength, jumped into the air, her body soaring through the sky in a arc about five meters from the ground. " HEY! IT'S ABOUT TIME FOR YOU TO DIE! " her words rang loudly, blowing any cover she might have had previously had, the creature turned around only to met with a fist crashing into it's skull and being smashed like an egg into concrete. Blood flew every where as blood and guts splattered her face hair and clothes. She could feel her heart racing as her body turned numb she didn't notice just how much of a ruckus she caused until she heard a deafening scream and then her ears couldn't hear anything and she felt herself being pushes and hitting a building wall, sending her about ten meters from where she stood.

" The ell? "
She spoke but she couldn't hear her own voice and what's more her back was in pain from being tossed like a ragdoll. She didn't have time to asses the situation, and really she wasn't in the mood too. Her brain was set on killing whatever did this to her. Her eyes focused in on another Chimera, her body stood up and she removed her sword from it's sheath. A smile appeared on her lips as she began to jog forward, gripping her sword tightly she forgot about Yakuroro and only had one thing on her mind, killing.

Spoiler:
Name: Fallen Beast's Uprising
Tier: D
Cost: 10
Weapon Type: Sword
Class: Supplementary
Range: Close
Duration: 1 post
Cool-Down: 2 posts
Description: Kokoro bends at the knees slightly before using her strength to leap into the air in a arc motion. Kokoro's leap reaches five meters and she can land five meters from her starting position. She can land anywhere from her starting point as long as it doesn't pass five meters where she can't reach.
1500+(1803)/1500

View user profile

11Chimeric Clash[Job/Lamb] Empty Re: Chimeric Clash[Job/Lamb] on 11/11/14, 10:41 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
When Kokoro broke off on her own, Yakuroro hung back and decided to watch her work on her own for a bit. Her impulsiveness to charge off fighting the enemy herself was admirable for an Imuchakk, but foolish for someone who sought to travel the world. Was it overwhelming confidence in herself? Or naivety of the consequences such brash recklessness could earn you? The blue magician pondered which it was as he saw Kokoro leap into the air to punch her target. Judging from that it was likely the latter. Yaku's eyes didn't even reflect a shred of pity or remorse when the chimera let out a horrible Screech that sent the Imuchakk girl flying through the air. He didn't enjoy watching young women get flung against buildings like a rotten tomato, but Kokoro had been asking for it.

"Well, we'd best get moving." Yakuroro said to Akatetsu as he lifted off the ground and began flying towards the chimera through the power of the magic carpet wrapped around Yakuroro's waist. Akatetsu followed quickly behind as the both saw another Chimera emerge. The two worm-beasts were approaching Kokoro dangerously and while she bounced back from the damage she'd received fairly well, Yakuroro didn't want to risk her becoming a casualty. The Imuchakk magician flew into position directly overhead of the beasts and pointed his staff down towards the enemies below. "Icicle Rain!" He shouted the commands the the rukh and 10 shards of ice manifested from the rukh around him. Fueled by his magoi, the shards were sent raining down atop the chimera creatures.

While the Tough Skin had saved the first Chimera from being completely wiped out by Kokoro's attack, it would only take a single one of the many icicles piercing its skull to finish off the creature. But the second chimera would be a different story. Even as 5 of the icicles stabbed into its flesh from above, the chimera was still standing. Thankfully, Akatetsu whom had not been far behind was there to help fix this. The bone-head beast roared as he tackled into the worm-man. The chimera had heard the roar and grew a Flesh Block to absorb the impact of the blow but it was still sent flying several meters back.

Yakuroro landed next to Kokoro with his friendly face back on as he determined it would be best if she watched how Akatetsu handled the last enemy. "Hold your blade, you did good injuring the first one, but how about you let my son handle this chimera? Take a good look at how he fights."

Akatetsu was slowly approaching the chimera worm with caution and for good reason. One of the creepy crawlies squirming around the chimer's body suddenly grew and it lashed out with the worm appendage like a whip. Akatetsu watched the whip as it lashed out and swung his head into the attack with a Bone Crush slam. Akatetsu's skull smashed the worm whip into the ground leaving behind a small crater before he launched himself forward and performed another headbutt that shattered the chimera-man's chest bones leaving him incapable of further combat. The abomination was launched back a bit further and slammed into the wall of a building before crumpling onto the ground, defeated.

Magoi - 265/300
Spoiler:
Name: Icicle Rain
Tier: C
Cost: 20 Magoi | 10 Sustained
Element: Water | Ice
Class: Offensive
Range: 20m
Duration: Sustained
Cool-Down: 3 Posts; Sustained +1
Description: The user generates water above their staff from magoi and gathers more from the atmosphere in order to form ten 1m long spikes of ice. These spikes can then be fired up to 20m away at 15m/s dealing D-tier piercing damage. If all ten icicles hit a single target then a total of C-tier damage will be dealt. Each turn a new volley of ice spikes will form and can be aimed once more to fire another wave until the spell ends.

Bone Crush ~ A B-tier ability lasting only a single post with a 5 post cool down. It consumes 15 magoi/stamina to use. Akatetsu slams his skull towards a target within 1m at 20m/s. The impact from this headbutt can cause bone breaking B-tier damage and if it misses will leave behind a large crater 5m in diameter on whatever surface it hits.

View user profile

12Chimeric Clash[Job/Lamb] Empty Re: Chimeric Clash[Job/Lamb] on 03/12/14, 05:01 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
((Since Lamb is gone, I'm just wrapping this up.))

After stopping the young Imuchakk girl from rushing to more injury, Yakuroro watched calmly with faith in his son as Akatetsu defeated the remaining chimera. The bonehead sounded a victory roar and then happily made his way back to Yakuroro looking to him eager for praise. "Good job, Tetsu. You've gotten quite strong. Haven't you?" The Imuchakk magician responded in just the way that his chimeric companion had hoped and moved to meet the beast with a soft hand moving to pet along his scaly hide. Akatetsu made a happy growl of sorts and closed his eyes showing a toothy grin. Once he had finished rewarding Akatetsu with kind words and gentle appreciation, Yakuroro would turn to the girl and explain to her the dangers of rushing in to face unknown danger without caution.

Yakuroro knew that these kinds of warnings were usually made in vain to those of his kind. For Imuchakk there was no greater honor than charging headfirst into battle before any one else. However he hoped that the girl would learn a lesson from todays ordeal. A short time later they would turn in the chimera corpses and receive a reward only to split it between them as agreed. After sharing a meal, Yakuroro parted ways with Kokoro and bid her good luck on her journey.

-Exit-

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum