Delivery Boy [Job/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Delivery Boy [Job/Solo] Empty Delivery Boy [Job/Solo] 05/11/14, 09:45 am

Umbra

Umbra
D-Tier
D-Tier

Delivering the Goods:

Umbra whipped at the bull's hide as he drove the cart as easily as he could. The loud rumbling coming from the cart's wheels against the ground of the country annoyed the male, but there was little he could do about it. After hearing about the coronation of the country's new King, the need for wine had grown more than it ever could. He had felt a light sense of pride when a City official approached him asking that he would help out.

Umbra whistled and shouted every now again as he barely maneuvered the cart through the packed streets. He tugged on the reins of the bulls as he came to a stop in the middle of a bustling marketplace. Hopping down from the seat, he turned towards the back of the cart and grabbed a crate containing 25 bottles of his greatest wine. He gave a large huff but kept his grip tightly onto it.

Umbra turned his head to look at the different booths as he tried to locate the one he had to make his delivery to. Seeing someone wave their arm, he approached them and knelt down to relieve himself of the box with a sigh.
"Here you are,"He spoke in a calm manner,"One crate of Walker's finest." The owner, a short portly man with rosy cheeks from years of intoxication, shook onto his hand with a huge grin plastered on his face.
"T-thanks so much! I'll-,"He hiccuped,"start selling it right away." Umbra placed his other hand atop the male's other and nodded.
He added,"If you ever need more, don't be afraid to come back to me. I have excellent service." Barely managing to pull his grip away from the male, he turned back to the cart and hopped on to the next location.

[304/500]

2Delivery Boy [Job/Solo] Empty Re: Delivery Boy [Job/Solo] 05/11/14, 10:39 am

Umbra

Umbra
D-Tier
D-Tier

The same continued with each area that Umbra took himself to. He stepped down from the cart, told them his famous line and would go off to the next place. When he arrived to the fifth place for delivery, he found himself astonished by such a grand place. Standing in front of him just beyond the gates was the palace itself. Word caught him until he heard the throat clearing of a guard who eyed him.
"State your business for being here,"He grunted. Umbra turned his attention to the guard and presented his arm back to the crates of wine that sat behind him.
"Leaving some fine wine for the coronation once it begins,"Umbra responded with a smile,"I do understand that there are to be quite a few people coming into the party so I was called upon to deliver my good wares. May I enter?"

The guard eyed Umbra through his helmet and then back to the carts of wine. He grunted and nodded his head, signifying that he could enter. Bowing his head, Umbra lashed the reins and kept his grip onto them tightly as the bulls moved into the palace yard. He drove the cart towards what he assumed to be the servant entrance where the City official was waiting for him. Stepping down from the cart and grabbing a crate from the back, he stepped up to the official, bowing his head.
"If I had known I was to come to the palace once I finished, I would have came here first,"He jokingly said. The official kept his lips pressed together in a thin line before speaking.
"I thank you for bringing us such luxury, but as you know we have to ensure that it is not poisoned,"He said with a tone of seriousness.

Umbra gave a gentle sigh; partially because he always hated having to do such a thing. While he could easily try to persuade him that there was nothing wrong with his wine, he thought it would be better off simply abiding to his please. Setting the crate down and cracking it open, he grabbed a bottle of the wine and uncorked it. He was about to take a swig from the bottle when a servant appeared and took the bottle from him. She kept herself quiet and took a heavy swig for it herself, wiping her lips when she finished. She turned to the official and shook her head before handing the bottle back to Umbra.
The official watched the girl for a few moments more before speaking,"Well it appears that everything is in order. Here you are." He held out a bag of coins which Umbra took with a quiet nod.
"It's always a pleasure,"Umbra spoke as he tucked the coins away in his pouch,"I do hope that you would find service in my winery again." Bowing lightly to one another, the official called for servants to grab the crates of wine away from the cart. Once they finished, Umbra hopped onto the cart and clicked his tongue, turning away from the palace and returning to his home to prepare a new brew.

[500+/500]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum