You are not connected. Please login or register

Ura Temi's Dominance Abilities (Starter)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ura Temi

Ura Temi
D-Tier
D-Tier

Name: Pluck the Prey
Tier: D
Cost: 10 Stamina
Beast Type: Tactician
Class: Supplementary
Range: Mid-range (Length of Sheba's tails)
Duration: Instant
Cool-Down: 2 posts
Description: Sheba whips two of her tails forward at a speed of 15 meters/second in an attempt to grapple a weapon or item off the target's body or out of their grasp. Both tails latch on to the desires object and pull simultaneously with C-tier strength (if only one tail is used, the strength of the maneuver caps at D-tier). If successful, Sheba wields the object with either one or two of her tails (depending on whether it is one- or two-handed).

Name: Fox Orbs
Cost: 10/5 Stamina/Sustained
Range: 7 meters
Duration: 2 posts
Cool-Down: 4 posts, and affected targets are immune to this ability for the remainder of the thread
Description: Causes target's muscles to relax completely, paralyzing the target's primary arm and causing them to drop whatever they are holding in that hand. Requires eye-contact with Sheba.

Name: Scavenger's Strength
Class: Offensive
Duration: 1 post/Sustained
Cool-Down: 2 posts/sustained +1
Description: Sheba hurls whatever her tails can latch onto at the target (for a maximum of 5 projectiles). Each deals D-tier damage and is hurled at a rate of 15 meters/second, and does a total maximum of D-tier damage regardless of how many projectiles strike the target.

Name: Guise of the Predator
Range: Self
Duration: 1 post/Sustained
Cool-Down: 2 posts/sustained +1
Description: Sheba is adept at locating a person's blind spot, which she uses to briefly "disappear" from the target's vision. In addition, her skin releases a chemical that mats her fur tightly together and makes it sparkle like sand or stone in the sun. Attacks launched by Sheba when using this ability are difficult to avoid, and Sheba herself is particularly tricky to hit. AoE attacks and attacks that rely on senses other than sight are not affected.

Name: Strength to the Victor
Duration: 5 posts/Sustained
Cool-Down: 6 posts/sustained +1
Description: Sheba centers her gravity to find the perfect balance, increasing her speed to a constant 10 meters/second.

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I have a habit of re-writing abilities to get them closer to the rules. If you would instead prefer me to just point to what's wrong with an ability instead, I can do that in the future.

*Staff is not required to re-write abilities to get them closer to approval. Only to inform you of any errors in the abilities you create.

Pluck the Prey:

Beasts cannot use man-made weapons, especially not without Human Intelligence as a passive. I'm pretty sure this was a ruling before my time, and I'm not convinced it needs to be changed. While it would be amusing to see, it would not be possible (insofar as actually wielding them as weapons). Furthermore, all ability v.s. ability clashes are determined by the Ability Guidelines, therefore your D-Tier ability cannot say that it requires a C-Tier to defeat.

With those two things in mind, I did slightly buff your beast so that it can disarm 2 people if you wanted to.

Fox Orbs:
Sadly, your fox does not have a Medusa's Gaze passive. It cannot paralyze something by looking into its eyes.

Scavenger's Strength:

Very good ability, I just had to make some minor edits. Removed the notifier that it uses stamina, as we only use 1 bar anyways for both stamina and magoi. Changed your Duration to simply say 'Sustained', as that is all that is needed on a sustained ability. You do not have to sustain it in your next post if you do not want to.

Guise of the Predator:

Just as an fyi, this will work under the 'invisibility' guidelines for stealth. I removed the sparkling ability, because you don't quite have a passive that covers that yet.

Strength to the Victor:

The above change is only a suggestion. Constant speed burst would require you to use Magoi Manipulation, but your beast is a Tactician beast which follows Stealth Guidelines. Stealth does not have buffing abilities for it. As such, I changed it to burst movements/jumps. I made it so you could still kind of use a burst of constant movement with the range descriptors. Note how it is .2-1.4m increments? This is because stealth has a scale of 7. Scale is what you use when determining how far you can burst speed. I divided that 7 by the 5 times the beast can do this, which gave me 1.4. Since there will be instances where your beast may want to make a smaller burst of speed, I put in a descriptor of .2-1.4 to give you some work-around room.

Instead of fixing your first post, make your bump post have all the abilities you agree with and any edits you wish to make as well.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Ura Temi

Ura Temi
D-Tier
D-Tier

Name: Pluck the Prey
Range: Close
Duration: Instant
Description: Sheba whips two of her tails forward at a speed of 15 meters/second in an attempt to grapple a weapon or item off the target's body or out of their grasp. Each tail may latch onto a desired object and pull it away from the opponent, disarming them of the weapon while allowing Sheba to hold onto it with her tails.

Name: Scavenger's Strength
Cost: 10/5
Class: Offensive
Duration: Sustained
Cool-Down: 2 posts or sustain+1
Description: Sheba hurls whatever her tails can latch onto at the target (for a maximum of 5 projectiles). Each deals D-tier damage and is hurled at a rate of 15 meters/second, and does a total maximum of D-tier damage regardless of how many projectiles strike the target.

Name: Guise of the Predator
Description: Sheba is adept at locating a person's blind spot, which she uses to briefly "disappear" from the target's vision. Sheba can move 5 m/s max while this ability is active, and up to a distance of ten meters.

Name: Strength to the Victor
Cost: 10/5
Description: Sheba centers her gravity to find the perfect balance, bursting forth in .2 to 1.4m increments at 15 m/s up to 5 times.

Name: A Fox's Kiss
Range: Close
Duration: 1 post
Description: Sheba licks an open wound with her enzyme-coated tongue, neutralizing D-tier poisons and diseases over the course of one post as well as cauterizing the offending wound.

Last edited by Ura Temi on 06/11/14, 12:24 am; edited 2 times in total

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Approved:

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Pluck the Prey
[b]Tier:[/b] D
[b]Cost:[/b] 10
[b]Beast Type:[/b] Tactician
[b]Class:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] Close
[b]Duration:[/b] Instant
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 2 posts
[b]Description:[/b] Sheba whips two of her tails forward at a speed of 15 meters/second in an attempt to grapple a weapon or item off the target's body or out of their grasp. Each tail may latch onto a desired object and pull it away from the opponent, disarming them of the weapon while allowing Sheba to hold onto it with her tails.

[b]Name:[/b] Scavenger's Strength
[b]Cost:[/b] 10/5
[b]Class:[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] 7 meters
[b]Duration:[/b] Sustained
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 2 posts or sustain+1
[b]Description:[/b] Sheba hurls whatever her tails can latch onto at the target up to 7 meters away (for a maximum of 5 projectiles). Each deals D-tier damage and is hurled at a rate of 15 meters/second, and does a total maximum of D-tier damage regardless of how many projectiles strike the target.

[b]Name:[/b] Guise of the Predator
[b]Range:[/b] Self
[b]Description:[/b] Sheba is adept at locating a person's blind spot, which she uses to briefly "disappear" from the target's vision.

[b]Name:[/b] Strength to the Victor
[b]Description:[/b] Sheba centers her gravity to find the perfect balance, bursting forth in .2 to 1.4m increments at 15 m/s up to 5 times.

[b]Name:[/b] A Fox's Kiss
[b]Duration:[/b] 1 post
[b]Description:[/b] Sheba licks an open wound with her enzyme-coated tongue, neutralizing D-tier poisons and diseases over the course of one post.

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

While these abilities are approved and ready, I'm waiting to see if Ura wants to upgrade one of them to C-Tier.

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Guise of the Predator: For this, it would need to state how far she is able to move and how fast.

Ura Temi's Dominance Abilities (Starter) Ari%20Sigs_zpsn7c2bhju

Ura Temi

Ura Temi
D-Tier
D-Tier

Bump!

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

With it being insisted on that it be a dash, the distance the dash can go is based off of scale. I edited this appropriately into your ability, and also increased the speed appropriately as well.

Approved:

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Pluck the Prey
[b]Duration:[/b] Instant
[b]Description:[/b] Sheba whips two of her tails forward at a speed of 15 meters/second in an attempt to grapple a weapon or item off the target's body or out of their grasp. Each tail may latch onto a desired object and pull it away from the opponent, disarming them of the weapon while allowing Sheba to hold onto it with her tails.

[b]Name:[/b] Scavenger's Strength
[b]Class:[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] 7 meters
[b]Description:[/b] Sheba hurls whatever her tails can latch onto at the target up to 7 meters away (for a maximum of 5 projectiles). Each deals D-tier damage and is hurled at a rate of 15 meters/second, and does a total maximum of D-tier damage regardless of how many projectiles strike the target.

[b]Name:[/b] Guise of the Predator
[b]Description:[/b] Sheba is adept at locating a person's blind spot, which she uses to briefly "disappear" from the target's vision. Sheba can move 15 m/s max while this ability is active, and up to a distance of 3 meters.

[b]Name:[/b] Strength to the Victor
[b]Description:[/b] Sheba centers her gravity to find the perfect balance, bursting forth in .2 to 1.4m increments at 15 m/s up to 5 times.

[b]Name:[/b] A Fox's Kiss
[b]Duration:[/b] 1 post
[b]Description:[/b] Sheba licks an open wound with her enzyme-coated tongue, neutralizing D-tier poisons and diseases over the course of one post.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum