You are not connected. Please login or register

Celebration of the new King: Lagi El Nagi!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Azix took a step back to give the diplomat some room, but not quick enough. The Diplomat's wife knocked him over in her rush to embrace her now un-deceased husband. He smiled at the loving gesture, forgiving her urgent need to clutch her loved one. Once the wife was satisfied her husband was fine, she turned around and embraced Azix, thanking him profusely.

The grateful hug would have been acceptable if it were not for the tears streaming down the woman's face. As her arms wrapped around Azix, he tensed up and slightly pushed her back, hoping to avoid the bodily fluid from dripping upon his person. He suppressed a shudder and forced a smile on his lips. "It was nothing, I just saw an opportunity to help." He gave her head a slight pat and she thankfully disentangled herself from Azix.

The diplomat began to recall the events that had led up to his unfortunate death and Azix listened carefully. Azix raised a brow when he learned that the diplomat was more obsessed with the wine more than what had happened. Noting that the man had an allergy to nuts, Azix decided that he had been murdered. He wasn't sure why, but it would be someone close enough to know the diplomat's allergy. If not directly related, they had received the information from someone who was.

Azix briefly gestured to the wife as she dismissed herself to freshen up, understanding that tears and makeup do not mix. His attention was riveted on the diplomat, the man had mentioned that a pretty lady from Kou had given him the wine. "Pretty woman from Kou, eh? Do you know which one?"

With the diplomat so obsessed with the wine, Azix did not expect to learn which Kouen woman had sent the wine to the man. Clearly his priorities were on food and drink, but Azix wasn't one to point that out loud. He sat back on his heels, bringing his hand to his mouth as he thought. There was an attempted murder here during the ball and if Kou had been behind it, this could be the first stone that breaks the already shaky foundation. Still, he felt he had a duty to protect not only the guests, but the King as well.

Turning his attention to the doorway, "Someone grab a guard and tell them that we need whoever is in charge to come here. This incident should be reported." In the back of his mind, he began to wonder if he was being paranoid and connecting dots that were not there. It could have been an accident, but in his line of work, caution was necessary.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

View user profile
The diplomat cocked his head to the side as he tried to think, his mind still fuzzy. He finally gave up and shook his head with a sigh of disappointment.

“I’m sorry, I do not remember anything aside from the wine. I wish I could be of more help.”

He looked around, frowning at the absence of his wife. It was not like her to avoid a commotion for this long.

“Has anyone seen by beloved wife?”

The little pink haired girl slipped into a small, hidden passage in the powder room. So many forgotten passages littered the palace, and she knew most of them. She knew that the room would not be empty for long and it would not do for someone to catch her there. Still, she did want to make sure the woman was found. She would wait here for a bit longer. Perhaps she could enjoy the spoils of her victory as she cleaned the blood from her blade.

View user profile
Adamus smiled as he stepped out onto the balcony with Garret. He gave the young man a side long glance, seeming to consider something for a moment.

“My daughter has good taste in the company she keeps, and she seems to at least know you well enough to be friendly with you. That is why I chose to offer you some help as you floundered politically, instead of allowing my wife to simply have her way with you. You would not have survived with any dignity, I assure you, she is a shark.”

He gave a chuckle before pulling a wand out of his sleeve, it seemed the whole family had a habit of hiding their wands there. His station had ensured he would not be checked for weapons, not many would dare try to take a wand from Admiral Negri from Magnostadt. He talked idly as he centered himself as he thought about the designs of fireworks he wished to create.

“While my wonderful Evelyn is a cold, callous woman to Ella, my own reasons for being cold were not because I was ever disappointed in her. Quite the opposite. She did not fit into the life we had, far too wild, she was. I wanted her to have more, to become more, lest she turn into her mother. If she had felt there was family to stay connected to, she never would have left and found her own path in this world. But I will warn you now, if you ever harm her, what I am about to do will be the least of your worries.”

With that being said, he murmured a spell, raising his wand in the air. With an audible whoosh and a brilliant flare of light, a massive dragon of fire appeared and continued to grow before them, winding and twining in the air, fashioned after the typical Kou style. It continued to grow and raise in the air until it was 30 meters long and high enough in the air that even the commoners in the streets would be able to enjoy the show. With another murmur, he had the dragon flying about before releasing large bursts of brilliant fire in the sky, altering the composition of the heat to change the color of the flames that exploded and then fizzled before the ashes dropped harmlessly onto the rooftops.

“Are we clear on that, Iatsu?”

Ari nodded at Tahl.

“I will be along in a moment, just grabbing a friend, you run along before you miss the show! He always makes them beautiful!”

Giving Tahl another grin, she rushed in the direction she had seen Azix move, coming to the door as the diplomat’s wife went around a corner. Entering the room quietly, she heard the man’s tale and frowned. It was well known to any that traveled in diplomatic circles that the Minister of Affairs for Balbadd was allergic to peanuts, so nothing nut related was ever served when he was invited to an event. It simply would not make sense to risk his life. At Azix’ words she nodded in agreement before hearing the Minister ask after his wife.

“I will go fetch her, sir. I believe she just went to the powder room.”

Giving Azix’ arm a slight squeeze, she went down the hall and around the corner she had seen his wife head down. Finally finding the powder room, she gave a quiet knock before swinging the door open. It took every ounce of her willpower to keep from loosening a scream of terror. Rather than finding the woman freshening her powder, she saw the gold-laden woman lying on the ground. But there was no way to see even the slightest shimmer of gold from her now. Her entire body was coated in blood. It was apparent the woman was beyond saving, with all of the damage done by what looked like a sharp blade. The woman’s neck was split open, the source of the blood.

Closing the door hurriedly, she sprinted back to the room Azix had been in, ignoring the curious stares of others in the hall. She tried to keep her voice quiet and calm, but she could feel herself shaking and knew she was likely pale enough to actually look like her parents at this point.

“Azix… you need to see this… now!”

She tugged him towards the door before running back towards the powder room. When she saw the door, she gasped. Smoke was pouring out of the powder room and she ran forward to try and open it, only to be rebuffed by the heat. She could hear the flames crackling on the other side and she had to jump to the side to avoid the door exploding outwards from the massive amount of pressure created by the fire, her dress tearing and her knees and palms skinning as she skidded across the floor.

Celebration of the new King: Lagi El Nagi! - Page 3 Ari%20Sigs_zpsn7c2bhju
View user profile

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Garret considered the man's words as he was spoken to. His prior concerns were beginning to fade. They had somehow misdiagnosed the situation, and the destruction was not due to this man. Perhaps Magnostadt itself, as a whole, was not responsible for it either. But if not the Magicians, then who? A third party. Garret sincerely hoped that those at the HQ had a good lead they were following, and were working thoroughly with their analysis.

Mid conversation, Adamus pulled out his wand. Garret knew that there would be those who would manage to get past security, through intentional oversight or otherwise, and briefly wondered how many other individuals were armed within the party. What cemented Garret's belief that the man was innocent was the threat made towards Garret; a threat that showed Adamus' intentions as that of a protective father.
----------
"Someone grab a guard and tell them that we need whoever is in charge to come here. This incident should be reported."

The guard had just finished listening to a report. It seemed that one of their important guests had died, and a nearby person was told to report this death to one of the guards. The person who requested the help was a man from Kou, presumably the same man who had brought this man miraculously back from the dead. The guard had reported this incident to his captain, who told him to get the Kou undercover agents involved as soon as possible. It was a code red, and there were members from the Kou nation involved. Some Marquis named Azix Niraj.

The guard hurried off, looking for Takegawa Iatsu...
----------
Garret watched the man intently as he held the wand in hand, and listened carefully at the words spoken to the Rukh, and how they had reacted. It was an impressive display of skill and power, one that outstripped Garret's abilities by a decent bit. With that one spell, Adamus had made his mastery of magic clear to Garret, and showed the younger Magician that there was still much to learn. Nodding to Adamus' question, Garret spoke as well. "Sir, you have nothing to worry from me. To be honest..." Garret paused, looking around. "It seems I've misjudged you. The real reason I approached you tonight was..."

It was at this point that Garret was interrupted by a guard who stood out in the balcony. "Sir, Mr. Takegawa. There's an emergency, looks like there was trouble. A man nearly died, saved by Marquis Niraj. In the hallway. Hurry."

Garret looked to Adamus. Having been interrupted by the guard, two things would be apparent; Garret was more than he let on and, more importantly, there was something taking place at that very moment. He spoke quickly to Adamus, before allowing him a chance to ask questions. All signs of hesitation and fumbling that Garret had shown earlier were now replaced with confidence and purpose. His voice held a different level of authority, but not one that was demanding or directing of him. "Sir, please follow me. Your daughter was going to meet Marquis Niraj, and there's danger here. We must hurry, there is no time to waste."

If anyone approached them as they moved throughout the hallway, Garret would send them away. The spymaster moved with a quick sense of purpose, making his way through the crowd with the guard and, hopefully, Adamus in tow. Though Garret was unaware, a fire would soon start.

The Spymaster made it to the hallway the guard had reported the situation allegedly taking place in, and Garret arrived in time to see Azix and Ariella moving quickly down a hallway. Speaking during his movements, and chasing them down, Garret would answer questions should Adamus have any.

It was at that point where the Blue Magician suddenly gained ground on the two that had gotten a head start on them. He suddenly realized why; the intense heat from the room ahead showed that there was a fire within the building. Mentally cursing, Garret pulled out his wand from within his boot with his left hand and immediately cast Grand Dive, creating a bubble of water around the heads of all those present, which would allow them to breath under water. Something they would soon need. Pricking his skin and drawing blood, Garret spoke several commands to the Rukh and cast Rithux, The Water Dragon. "RITHUX! Quell the flames!" The creature was much the same as Adamus', though several levels lower in rank of pure power. The complexity of the spell showed Garret's skill in manipulation of the Rukh, betraying a higher skill level than what he had spoken of earlier. With a certain level of intelligence, the Dragon seemed to acknowledge Garret's commands. The creature's body incorporated only the aspects of water, flowing past those within the hallway and entering the burning room. Following it forward and moving past any others who didn't follow him, Garret ensured that the water dragon quelled the flames that were within the room. Garret only had one thought on his mind as he worked hard to ensure all the flames had died out; Somebody is going to pay for this.

OOC:

250/300 Magoi/Stamina.
Abilities Used:

Name: Grand Dive
Tier: C
Cost: 20|10
Element: Water
Class: Supplementary
Range: 20 meters
Duration: Sustain
Cool-Down: 3 posts or sustain+1
Description: This spell allows up to 10 individuals within 20 meters of the caster to breath under water. It does so by creating a bubble of air around the mouth, nose and eyes that is approximately .3 meters in diameter, absorbing oxygen from the water around it. The bubbles originate from the wand/staff and move to the targets at 15 m/s. This spell may be sustained in order to maintain the effects, however individual bubbles may be chosen to be cut off from the supply of magoi, thus removing them from being sustained.

Name: Rithux, The Water Dragon
Tier: B
Cost: 30|15 Magoi Initial|Sustain
Element: Flux State, Living Water (Life+Water+Sound)
Class: Offensive
Range: 30m
Duration:1-3 posts
Cool-Down: 5 posts
Description:
This combination of life, water and sound creates a living body of water that has speech functions equivalent to that of a beast (roars, yells, tweets etc.). This water may freely fluctuate and add on characteristics to its body, all the while remaining in the liquid state. The characteristics mentioned in the prior sentence that they can choose from are limited to those of two different states of water: Solid and Liquid. Examples of these characteristics would be; As hard as ice or as flowing as water. While these characteristics may be exhibited, the state of the creature itself is still within the liquid state of water. These living beings of water will obey and understand the verbal commands of the caster, but are also able to think on their own. Without a verbal command, their primary objective is the protection of their master. The elemental weaknesses and strengths follow that of Water Magic for 'water sections' and Ice Magic for 'ice sections'.

The caster offers up a part of their body, whether it be blood, hair, a fingernail etc, as the catalyst of this spell. It does not have to be a significant amount; Ex.: 1 drop of blood, 1 hair, 1 chewed off fingernail. This provides a link between the caster and the creation, allowing the creature to be linked with the caster and know that the caster is not an enemy to attack. Since this creature can think by itself, it is able to make a determination on what is dangerous to the caster. Water from the nearby environment is gathered and coalesced into a Kou dragon's likeness, 10-15 meters in length and 1-4 meters in circumference. This forms at a rate of 20 m/s. Due to Flux State, Living Water Magic, it is able to portion out its body into 15 moving sections and give them different characteristics while retaining structural integrity. Furthermore, these 15 sections are slightly mutable and allow the creature to extend parts of its body and form shapes out by 1 meter. Rithux, The Water Dragon, deals B-Tier damage to anything that it forcibly collides with that has such a section take on the solid characteristics of ice. Rithux, The Water Dragon, flies at 20 m/s. This spell may be sustained in the next post in order to reform from any damage dealt to it and in order to deal B-Tier damage in the new post.

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNA2ZMQ1gZ0

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
”Fireworks?” She sounds genuinely interested,  but her curiosity is moreso directed at the idea of someone making fireworks. Had her father somehow snuck gunpowder into the ball?! Before she can open her mouth to inquire further, a new voice cuts in. Her eyes are drawn to the blonde young man, introduced by Ariella as her brother.

”It’s a pleasure to meet you.” The halfling greets before looking a bit hesitant at taking his hand. She’d already clumsily stepped on one dance partner, and though he was forgiving she was wary of taking to the dance floor again. After glancing over at Ari for reassurance, she accepts his offer with a small smile and allows herself to be pulled back onto the floor.

Their dance goes smoothly as Adius leads her through the basic steps slowly. Her brows knit in surprise as he pulls a wand from his sleeve. Her confused expression changes to one of shock as she feels as if some of the weight had been lifted from her body and looks down only to realize that her feet were no longer touching the ground. ”Oh…” She emits a soft noise of surprise before looking back up at Adius. The Fanalis woman didn’t know much about magic, and she wasn’t about to question what happened and rather enjoy the unique experience of literally dancing on air. At least she probably wouldn’t step on her partner this way!

She chuckles good-naturedly at his words, a small smiling slipping onto her face. ”She speaks fondly of you.” Inwardly she’s glad that Ariella has what she would consider a “normal” sibling relationship with her brother. She too was familiar with the teasing and the unconditional love of an older sibling.

Though she wouldn’t know what it is, the faint noise of commotion from Garret’s spell reaches her ears over the chatter in the ball room. Her eyes narrow in suspicion, figuring that such a noise would seem rather out of place at this sort of event. ”Did you hear that?” She looks AT Adius then over her shoulder, scanning the room for his sister. ”Where’s Ari?”

View user profile

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier
Zadi was disappointed to hear that Yakuroro didn't know more about the demon man. The info was just about the same in detail as before with nothing changing in the least. It was disheartening to say the least. All the same, what Yakuroro said next would shatter the beautiful world that Zadi saw before him every day. The world that Zadi once knew would break apart like a snowball against a rock.

"If Kou remains in control of Reim, it's only a matter of time before war breaks out in the world. The masters Lagi serves will use him as a scapegoat if civil war breaks out, or as a weapon if Reim is stable long enough to launch a military campaign against the rest of the world. Either way, he is a dangerous element. I am going to do everything I can to remove Kou's clutches from Reim and that includes removing Lagi from power. Even if...I must end his life."

"Uh-"

Zadi turned speechless. He couldn't utter a word. The once cute world that Zadi saw was replaced by dark, depressing, sorrowful, and earth-shattering disbelief. It was as if all happiness that Zadi had ever known was just paper-thin bark in comparison to the tree from which it came...the evil and hatred that is the tree is the underlying everything of happiness.

"Is happiness just another way for evil to smack you in the face?" That question raced through Zadi's consciousness, forcing his entire way of thinking to slightly alter. Instead of a continuous stream of happy thoughts, Zadi could now only think of sad things such as chaos, destruction, despair, and worst of all...death.

Fireworks seemed to be going off near another balcony shortly after Yaku's words. Beautiful explosions of brilliant color went off and this would be the first time Zadi had ever seen such a spectacle! However, Zadi didn't bat an eye. He just didn't care anymore. He figured if his friends were going to end up fighting and maybe even killing each other, then what was the point of being happy or even having friends? Not even the loud commotion inside the ball would make Zadi budge.

It was only when he thought of his deceased parents and their sacrifice that Zadi gained enough emotion to decide to do something with his power as a King Vessel. Saying to himself in his head;

"I'm going to eradicate the source of the black rukh..."
Celebration of the new King: Lagi El Nagi! - Page 3 TIGERBUNNYfull7786402_zps03855e64

View user profile

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
The diplomat's lack of memory did not surprise Azix in the slightest. After displaying an obsession with wine, Azix was certain that the man would not be able to give the answers needed. Between the diplomat dying and being revived, Azix wasn't sure how accurate any details or memories would be. It was something he had not tested before, but he did know from prior experience that his God's Necklace left them dazed for a bit upon revival.

The diplomat looked around and asked for his wife, causing Azix to crane his head around to find her. Not seeing her, Azix stood up, "Wait here, I'll find her."

The orange magician made it to the hall before Ariella appeared, pale and frantic. She tugged him down the hall towards the powder room before he could ask any questions. Without protest, Azix followed at her heels to see the source of her anxiety. As they got closer, he was greeted by the smell and sight of smoke coming from under a door. He barely let out a cry of warning before the door exploded off its hinges. Both Ariella and Azix flew backwards from the force of the explosion.

"Are you ok?" Azix asked as he helped her up and pulled her back some. He wrapped his arm around her and looked back to see Garret casting a spell. A dragon made of water swam through the hallway to put out the fire. The flames were quickly dispersed and Garret dissolved his spell.

As always, Garret had analyzed the situation and doused the fires with a proficiency that was expected of one who held his title. Of course, only a certain few at the ball knew of Garret's actual title, Azix being one of them. After making sure Ariella was okay, Azix led her to stand by Garret. "We have a problem. I wasn't sure before, but I am now." Azix gave Garret a brief run down of the situation with the Balbadd diplomat and the "accidental" poisoning. "All the man remembers is that a pretty Kou woman sent him the wine. We should probably find his wife as well, he was looking for her."

View user profile
The small girl grinned after the diplomat’s wife was found, waiting for the other woman to leave before using one of the oil lamps to spread oil over the body and start a fire, taking a small pouch of powder from her cloak and blowing it into the flames, causing the flames to grow massively in size as more of the oil caught. Assured that the body would burn sufficiently, she crawled back into the hidden passage and put the fake wall partition back into place before moving down the passage, her pockets jingling with some of the gold jewelry she had stolen from the woman.

Taking the hidden passage, she twined along, hearing the shouts of commotion from the powder room until she was too far away to track it. Hopefully this would provide an adequate distraction as she made her way to the room the diplomat had been taken to. When she arrived at the room, she peeked through the grate covering the passage and found that the fire had drawn everyone but the diplomat from the room. The diplomat was sitting on the couch, light snores resonating from his chest. It seemed dying had worn him out and the man was out cold.

Creeping from the passageway, she made her way to the couch before pulling free her dagger. With one fluid, fast motion, she sliced across his throat deeply, the man not even having a chance to awaken to make a noise. As one last death gurgle came from his throat, she made her way back to the passage, small droplets of blood dropping from her dagger as she climbed inside. Once she had placed the grate back over the opening, she cleaned the blade and then disappeared into the depths of the hidden paths in the Palace.

View user profile
Adamus followed Iatsu silently, noting the urgency of the situation by the look on the man’s face. It seemed like the new noble had undergone a complete transformation at the arrival of the guard and he was impressed that Iatsu had managed to hide this side of him. When Iatsu mentioned that Ella was with Marquis Niraj, his strides lengthened. He allowed Iatsu to lead the way, but the idea of Ella being in danger had him moving quite quickly. He had no questions for the blue mage, his only focus being the possibility of his daughter being in danger as he made no effort to hide his wand. When they arrived in the hall just in time to see Ella and Marquis Niraj knocked to the ground, he cried out in concern before suddenly, a spell was cast around his face and a giant water dragon slid down the hall and into the room to extinguish the flames.

With the fire seemingly taken care of, he did a quick assessment of the situation. There were no traces of heat magic left from the fire and he looked through the door. A charred corpse lay on the ground and he could smell the remnants of burning oil. This had been no magician. It looked like someone had made an attempt to destroy a deceased body. From the remnants of blood and gold, he gave a grim sigh. This was obviously someone that had been wealthy.

Looking out at Iatsu and the Marquis Niraj, he noticed Azix had his arm around Ella in a manner that was more than just an offer of support and he raised an eyebrow. It seemed his little girl may be growing up.

Adius grinned as he danced with the halfling woman, nodding at her comment about fondness.

“We are both fond of each other. We have a dual appreciation for what talents the other has. Plus, now she pranks me back!”

He laughed softly before he heard the commotion and then saw his father following another man at a purposeful pace. When Ayero asked where Ari was, he froze, the gravity spell dropping them carefully to the ground. Gently grabbing her arm, he pulled her in the direction of the commotion, concern coiling in his gut. Ari had a tendency to always be in the wrong place at the wrong time. When they made it down the hallway just after the water dragon had extinguished the flames, his eyes widened to see Ari, Azix, his father and the man he had been following all standing there.

“Ari!”

He let go of Ayero to rush to his sister’s side, checking her over for injury as best he could as she huddles in a shaking mass at Azix’ side. Turning to Ayero with an urgent look, his voice was strained.

“Grab her a drink, she is in shock!”

Ari huddled into Azix’ side until she heard her father and brother both cry out for her.

“Daddy!”

Untangling herself from Azix, she rushed to her father, collapsing in his arms as he led her to a bench, petting her hair soothingly. When Azix mentioned finding the diplomat’s wife, she gave a hiccupping sob and pointed at the room that was no longer in flames.

“She… she… she’s in there… she was… the blood was everywhere. Oh god, and then the fire!”

She whimpered as her father stood to go talk to Garret, pulling her knees up to her chest and rocking slightly. She was no stranger to blood and death, but she had not expected such a thing at a celebration like this. When guards came running up, she watched as one put their hand on her father’s arm, asking him to come with them, one of the other guards mentioning there were no other heat magician’s at the ball.

“Daddy? Don’t you touch him, you jerks! That’s my father!”

View user profile

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Azix watched Ariella go to her father while he continued briefing Garret on the situation. After his report was given, Azix walked into the burned room to find a charred corpse amidst the destruction. First, the diplomat and now his wife. What was going on at this celebration?

Through the smell of burnt hair and skin, Azix noted the smell of oil. He looked around the room, searching for oil lamps. While a mundane means of starting a fire would suggest a non-magician perpetrator, a clever magician would probably use oil in combination with their magic to cover their tracks. Taking a closer look, he noticed that the fire had burned hotter around the body. Looking around the walls at the lamp fixtures, he observed that where the lamps had been, the damage was strongest. Azix stored the information away for later and left the room in time to see a group of guards around Ariella's father.

Azix swiftly walked towards Adamus, catching sight of the man's wand. He remembered seeing the man near Garret when the blue magician had cast the spell, but was not aware that they had been together. He came to a stop before the Magnostadt diplomat and turned to the guards, "Hold on a moment. We don't know that a magician was the cause of the fire. I believe that magical means were not used at all. If this man has an alibi away from this area that someone can verify, there is no reason to cause a scene. Spare this man the embarrassment of being led through the ball as if he were guilty."

While Azix did not know Ariella's father, he did know politics. After word started spreading that someone had been poisoned and a fire had been started, anyone that the guards showed interest in would cause rumors. While easily squashed, it was a headache that Azix wanted to save the man if he were innocent. The resources spent questioning Adamus would be wasted as well. Hopefully, someone could verify that the heat magician was somewhere else at the time the fire occurred.

View user profile

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Ayero’s brows crease in concern over seeing how worried Adius had become, barely paying much attention when she felt the ground beneath her feet again. She didn’t recognize his father and stumbles a bit in her heels as he pulls her along unexpectedly, eventually falling into step behind him. Only moments ago she had an inkling that something was potentially wrong, but now she swallows her worry as she’s lead along an unfamiliar hallway.

She lets out an exhale of relief when her eyes land on Ari, appearing unharmed but severely shaken. She casts a suspicious glance to Azix and barely even takes note of the other two men. Still trying to grasp the situation, she’s distracted by the water damage to the area and the charred door frame of the nearby room where the fire had erupted and subsequently been put out. The Fanalis is brought back from her thoughts by Adius’ voice and she nods, rushing over to a servant who was coming from the kitchen. Then young man was on his way into the main ball room when he became distracted by the commotion and got sidetracked to sneak a peak. Thankfully he was carrying a tray of wine glasses, each about ¾ full.

”I need this.” Is all she says as she roughly grabs the platter from the young man’s hands, some of the liquid sloshing over the edge of the outer glasses and landing onto the floor in tiny droplets. After carefully descending into a modest sitting position onto the floor alongside Ariella, she places the tray in front of them and hands her a drink.

”Easy, now.” She rubs the younger woman’s back as gently as she could, eyes filled with uncharacteristic level of concern for the dazed woman. ”You’ll be alright. Everyone’s just confused now. Here, have another.” She offers the yellow magician another glass, downing one on her own after a moment of thought. Scooting a bit closer, she wraps an arm around the tanned beauty’s shoulders in an attempt to comfort her. She had no idea what had transpired, but was at the very least pleased to see that Ari and whoever she had been with were unharmed...aside from the apparent murder that had taken place, a fact she only learned of as she began to listen closer to the men talking.

View user profile

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
-Yakuroro-

The Imuchakk could see that Zadi was troubled by what he had said, but Yakuroro had no way of knowing just dark the black magician's thoughts had turned. Still, he knew he had to say something encouraging or else Zadi would walk away from this encounter emotional and unable to see a clear picture. Patting him on the shoulder, Yakuroro would give a few more words to Zadi, "Don't look so down. It might never have to come to that." The Imuchakk said with a smile.

"I think that you and I have a duty to be strong in times like this. Do we not have an obligation to the Djinn that chose us?" Yakuroro then squeezed Zadi's shoulder gently and tried t make eye contact if he would allow it. "If you are still my friend even after everything I've said tonight, then please feel free to contact me if you need help with anything. I'll be in Remano for a while yet." He would then let go of Zadi's shoulder and look past him to notice the commotion inside.

Walking past Zadi, Yakuroo stepped inside from the balcony and looked around. He spotted Liber leaning against the wall, listening, but Yakuroro would have to deal with talking to the fanalis about his nosey nature some other time. Yakuroro's gaze moved to Kind Lagi and saw that he was not the cause of the disturbance. So long as it was not another advent of a demon, Yakuroro didn't think that it would be anything that required his attention. Turning back to the balcony, Yakuroro decided to take his leave and pulled at the belt around his waist causing it to unfurl into his flying carpet. "I hope we can meet again Zadi. But for now I must go. After what I said to the King, I won't exactly be a welcome guest inside."

Yakuroro then got on his flying carpet and took his leave.

[Exit]

-Lady Soushui-

It was easy enough for Lady Soushui to simply enjoy smoking her pipe as she listened to Lagi's words. Every once and a while, her deep eyes would glance over in his direction to make brief strings of eye contact. Her lips ever in a subtle smile that made the nature of her normally intense eyes feel soft and welcoming. "It is my people I am passionate for. The land is simply a place for them to live and cultivating it is part of what is necessary for survival."

Taking a long drag for dramatic pause, Lady Soushui went silent for a moment before continuing to explain, "When the people of my lands were forced to live there, it was barren and dry as rainfall rarely reached the area. They were a displaced tribe that had been conquered by Kou and forced to move there where resources were scarce so a military base could be erected where their old homes once stood. They were starving when I arrived and still were expected to pay a harvest of crops for taxes. I helped make a difference with magic and as a reward for making the once scarce lands profitable, I was given control over it to maintain those results."

This story was mostly true with only some details of Lady Soushui's life omitted. But for all intents and purposes she was not lying. This window into the past of this woman would paint a picture of who she is without going into who she was prior to helping the people of her lands.

When to commotion in the ball started to pick up, Lady Soushui turned towards it suddenly and the hands that had been holding onto Lagi's arm clung to him. The woman's nails would bite into Lagi's arm so strongly that they each drew blood and Lady Soushui pressed herself closer into Lagi's body like a young girl cowering in fear. "What's going on?..." She asked, looking around truly curious as to what was happening but also secretly thankful for the distraction.

Looked down at Lagi's arm, Lady Soushui would then gasp and apologize, bowing her head low, "I am so sorry, I did not mean to...I...my apologies, King Lagi." She then backed away and turned to rush towards the nearest exit. Her mission as a diplomat for the night had been fulfilled and there was no more reason for her to stick around.

[Exit]

Thank you all, for everything.
View user profile

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
“ow…” Lagi would say as he rubbed his arm and look at Lady Soushi with a puzzled look as she left the party. She left before Lagi could say anything, which in turn brought the amount of commotion to Lagi’s attention. That was about the last thing that he wanted at the party, for something like this to go wrong. However Lagi was slightly distracted by a pair of beautiful women in the distance that he wanted to introduce himself to. It’s not every day that you could get to mingle with other important people at a party such as this. Tw different kinds of favors that lagi had no idea to pick from. There was a tanned beauty with a bottle like shape, she was rather stunning. Just as equally as stunning was a redhead with a rather amazingly sized bust, it was a bit torturing on the inside as to how one women could change his entire views on redheads completely. Ahh god… I’m really doing this?” Lagi would say as he takes a sip of his wine, felling a little more nice this time. “ Hey, how are you enjoying the party?” Lagi would say as h approached to the side of the red haired woman but spoke out towards both of the females with a charming smile. The smile was pretty legit, some could even blame it on the alcohol or the fact that Lagi’s hormones were kicking in. Either way, Lagi was planning to enjoy the rest of his day no matter what.

Celebration of the new King: Lagi El Nagi! - Page 3 Pbucket

Celebration of the new King: Lagi El Nagi! - Page 3 CrChE3t

Celebration of the new King: Lagi El Nagi! - Page 3 LBbFjDO

Lagi's Vault
View user profile

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
The Spymaster was slightly surprised to see the close embrace of the Marquis Niraj and the woman he had known as Ariella, up until this point. The familiarity of the two was definitely stronger than the simple bond formed from the 'Stargazer's something-or-another'. What was it again... Stargazer's... Club? I think that's right. He shook his head, and focused back on what he was being told by Azix.

Shortly after Azix was speaking to him, Garret watched as Ariella cried out and rushed towards Adamus. After all that had transpired, the Blue Magician felt somewhat numb. It had been a long time since he had encountered something that had gone this... Wrong. The whole time, Azix was briefing Garret on the situation. He explained to the spymaster what was known, that the diplomat had mentioned a 'Beautiful Kou Woman', or something along those lines. That the man had made a close brush up with death, and that Azix had managed to revitalize the diplomat. Garret nodded, in wonder. How far has he advanced? His skills only continue to grow... Garret still remembered the unbalanced man whom he had met, what seemed like ages ago. It was then that Garret recognized a certain talent within the Diplomat-turned-operative royalty.

Yet to contrast the two was to compare a seedling to a blooming Sakura tree. The Azix before him now showed far less of the slightly crazed actions he had when he first entered the underworld, which was filled with a different type of darkness than the political world. His strength of character kept him from losing himself to the downward spiral that some other operatives have done in the past. Garret recalled the northern region's cell leader, that had been replaced with Martialis Lucilius, and how he had started with a good reputation but ended up becoming a twisted man from his former self. Garret had read the profile reports on the man, and he could tell that there was at least one point in time where that cell leader had run a clean and efficient operation.

Once again, Garret went over the information in his mind; what happened with the diplomat in the first place, all the way up to the moment he was contemplating what had occurred. A Kou woman, huh. But what would the reasoning be, behind that? Kou does not want issues with Reim. Unless... Perhaps there are those within Kou that do not want our peoples to be united? Garret's mind raced in an attempt to put the details together. While Garret was ruminating, Azix had gone to check out the scene and origin of the flames. He recalled how Takahashi Sato had explained to him that their group had been primarily comprised of hand-picked individuals who held some form of hidden distaste or dislike for their current Emperor. The fact that there were those out there that were close to the Emperor and were still attempting to take him down had, at that time, not only came to Garret as a shock but also as a shaking of the foundations of what he had believed in. Garret had been raised to love his country... Though it was more for the Empire than for the Emperor that Garret held ideals for. Surely, there were others out there that felt similar?

Yet those similarities only went so far. Garret was attempting to unite the people, but whomever it was that had caused this mess was somebody who wanted to keep the people from breaking down the barriers of race... Another woman entered the fray, the one he had seen alongside Ariella earlier. Likely a friend of the young woman from Magnostadt. Ariella seemed to be fairly out of it, and Garret couldn't help but wonder how she was getting so worked up as she explained the sight of the dead body in the bathroom. If she is that close with Azix, but is not used to the sight of death... Azix. You really have become stronger, haven't you? The man likely no longer had the need to kill his opponents. This always signified a great strength of character, or a great strength of personal power. Yet still, it was somewhat worrisome to Garret that the daughter of an Admiral was so distraught. He could only imagine the level of unpreparedness combined with the brutality of the scene she must have witnessed to cause such a thing.

Adamus stood up from where he was comforting his daughter, and began to approach Garret. Several guards approached Adamus before he quite made it to the Blue Magician. The sudden apprehension from Ariella snapped Garret out of his thoughts, and he focused on the scene before him. Azix had explained that the situation was likely a misunderstanding, and requested the guards reconsider their actions. Garret spoke up at once. "Release that man at once, he is an important guest of King Lagi El Nagi, that I have been speaking with for the majority of this ball. He was with me when this fire began, and that can be attested to by this guard who had been sent by your captain to fetch us." Garret pointed out the guard he had dragged along with them when they had originally needed a guide to get them to where the alleged 'death' of a diplomat had occurred. Garret was partially pleased that the man had followed his orders to stick with them without wavering even after he had cast those spells earlier. Garret paused, digging through a side pocket on the inside of his Kou clothing, and revealed his orders which were sealed by the King and the Council of Reim. "As you can see, I am a hidden interior security agent for this Ball, given that power directly by the council of Reim. I need you to do two things for me after getting into contact with the Captain of the Guard in charge of the overall security of this Ball. First: I need him to send someone to fetch the agent by the name of Carmen. Second: I have need of him to meet me here, as soon as possible... Go. NOW!"

Garret watched as at least one of the guards ran off to do as he had asked. He was happy that he could avert a small crisis, as his credentials had checked out, though the situation infuriated him. He could do little more than grit his teeth in frustration at this point, however, as he did not have much to go off of.

It was then that King Lagi approached their group; he seemed to call out to both Ariella and the woman's friend. When he asked how everyone was enjoying the party, Garret bowed to the man. While his appearance had changed a bit since they had last met, Garret was not too much different from before. Prompting the King before he revealed too much, or made himself seem overly insensitive to the distraught woman and her friend, Garret spoke first. He bowed to the King before him, showing a level of respect that belonged to the man's station. "King Lagi, you were not told of my identity to keep an edge on any foul play that may occur tonight, but I am Takegawa Iatsu. One of the security agents that yourself and the Council had approved to have undercover in the Ball and Coronation Ceremony..." He trailed off as he noticed that the king was bleeding. "Sire... You're bleeding." Garret's voice went cold and hard, fast. A thought flashed across his mind. Assassination. Somebody has assaulted the king. We must do something fast... Another thought crossed Garret's mind, however; he had been wrong once already, jumping to the conclusion that Magnostadt was behind the destruction he was looking into. Was he, perhaps, over thinking things once again? There was only one way to find out. "Sire. Please. Tell me what transpired for you to have those wounds? Was it the action of a person? Could you describe them? Or was it perhaps something else?

Garret could tell that the man had been through some drink, and he knew that he had a background as a beast tamer which could have been done by some wild clawed beast, but he sincerely doubted that the man would create such a spectacle in front of so many people.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
“Garret?” Lagi would say as he would look at Garret with a puzzling look on his face. He looked a little different; Lagi was almost going to confuse him with another guest in fact. “Ahh, hey… I’m glad that you could make it. “Lagi was rather calm, but it was due to the alcohol that made him so relaxed and less tense as you would see him in the council meetings.  However, he did mind his discreetness and spoke in a low voice for only Garret to hear. “Well, there was this lady Soushi chick that was with a blue haired giant that I ended up meeting.  She was ambassador of kou and had some questions about who really …. Well… you know.. the crazy moment with the contractor we had. Saying that the emperor would of wanted to know, so I told her the truth, thinking that it was a test from Kou or something. Then the commotion  started to happen and she squeezed her nails in my arm before leaving, I don’t know if I’m poisoned or anything…if people can hide poison in their finger nails…..she seemed like a nice enough person. I believe that was some legit fear in response to the fire….. speaking of the fire… what happened with that…. ” Lagi would continue to speak to Garret in a low tone, but then became distracted again by the redhead and the tanned girl. His train of thought trailed off as he peeked over Garret’s shoulder a little.

Lagi's Vault
View user profile
Ari gratefully accepted the glass of wine, and the next, finding it helped to settle her nerves. While she had seen plenty of destruction in her time, her two lives had always been kept separate. Her life with her family was one of a political minefield, where the worst backlash you took was to your character. It was her life in Reim and around Azix that she was more comfortable seeing blood and death. Never before had those two lives intersected as much as they did now. She had even done her fair share of killing, but not with this level of brutality. She found herself nuzzling into the chest of the woman comforting her, the soft pillows of heat making her feel safe, like she could escape the reality that her lives not only intersected but crashed together in the worst possible way. Her entire face as now buried in the ample cleavage of the other woman.

Adius cleared his throat, hoping to draw his sister’s attention to the inappropriate display she was creating, but failed to distract her. His other ear was on the conversations of the men around them. Adamus was doing his best to ignore the behavior of his daughter, understanding she was distraught and now likely more than a bit drunk. Luckily, he had the distraction of the guards attempting to arrest him to focus his attention on. When both the Marquis and Iatsu spoke on his behalf, he gave them both grateful nods. His daughter had good taste in company, indeed. For the Marquis to speak on his behalf, without knowing he had an alibi, spoke either to the man's character or the man's relationship with his daughter. Regardless, he appreciated the interference, Iatsu supporting that he was, in fact, no where near the room. The guards released him and he turned back to the men to see if there was any help he could offer.

All of the nuzzling was beginning to make Ari nauseous and with a sudden jump, instinct had her pushing Garret and Lagi to the side to access the powder room without thinking. As the odor of burnt flesh hit her nose, it was the final straw for her stomach. The shock of the evenings events combined with the ample amounts of wine and the smell from the room and she turned her head just in time to vomit, the contents of her stomach splashing all over the shoes of the newly crowned king.

Evelyn had seen her husband and son rush off but had not bothered to follow them, assuming Ella had once again managed to embarrass herself and her family at a large social event. The girl had been nothing but mistake after mistake and Evelyn did not understand how she had given birth to such a social clutz. When the two men did not return carrying an intoxicated Ella between them, she sighed and excused herself, taking the path she had originally seen her daughter take.

The path took her to the room the diplomat had been taken to and she glanced inside to find her daughter. What she found instead was the Minister of Affairs looking asleep, his front half covered in blood. She rushed inside, the life mage part of her wanting to try and help him. Unfortunately, the damage he had sustained would take the work of several mages to correct. She did see the drops of blood leading to the grate and her curiosity piqued. It would not do to have an assassin wandering around the ball, so she decided to investigate.

The grate fell away easily and she crawled into the space it held. A few feet down, it opened up enough for her to stand. She pulled her wand free as she did, using a life tracking spell to find where the possible perpetrator had went. If nothing else, she would be able to give this information to Adamus. Perhaps they could use it for more personal gain.

Last edited by Ariella Negri on 11/11/14, 09:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
The little girl heard sounds behind her in the path, indicating she was being followed. She had hoped to gain more ground on her exit before she were followed, but this could not be helped, she supposed. She continued moving, though more sedately, giving the person a chance to catch up while still ensuring they would be lost in the depths of the hidden passageway.

When she finally came face to face with a blonde woman with a wand, she grinned brightly at her.

“Do you want to play with me?”

-exit-

View user profile

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Azix stood back as Garret took control of the situation, giving out orders to the guards for reinforcements. He noticed Ayero handing a glass of wine to Ariella who promptly drowned it and another before nuzzling her head into the Fanalis' breasts. Azix stifled a laugh at the scene as Lagi approached the group. 'Good of the King to check in on the disaster, a good opportunity to show he cares about his guests the same he does his country.

The orange magician was quickly disappointed when the man stopped before Ayero and a clearly distraught Ariella, and asked how they enjoyed the party. From Lagi's position, the King would have seen the fire damage nearby. Garret greeted Lagi and began explaining what was going on when he noticed a wound on the King. Lagi explained that he had received it from a Lady Soushi, an ambassador from Kou. Azix noted the name and the information that Lagi had given her. Finally, Lagi asked about the fire.

"A terrible accident occurred, a diplomat's wife was killed and the killer tried to cover up the evidence with fire, your grace. Pardon me, but someone should tell him what happened." Azix gave Lagi a bow before heading into the room where the Balbadd diplomat had been revived.

He found the man sitting on the couch, drenched in blood from a wound on his neck. Azix reached for his God's Necklace, but its power seemed to need a recharge. Looking around he saw a trail of blood that led to an open grate at the other end of the room. He knelt down and looked inside before turning his head to call out. "Iatsu! You might want to see this!"

View user profile

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Lady Soushui. Garret recalled the name from the dossiers he had read, though only enough to understand that she was upper nobility and some form of diplomat from Kou. Her connections to Kou made her heavily suspect, considering the mention of a woman from Kou being the one who had targeted the official. It all fell into place quite well, but with Garret's recent perceived misunderstanding with Adamus he was  hesitant to concrete himself in that belief. It was at this moment in Garret's thoughts that Ariella had pushed him slightly to the side; it looked to be an attempt to make it to a room. Unfortunately, she seemed to have reeled just moments after passing him and turned away from that direction, vomiting on King Lagi's shoes. Some of the vomit had splashed, and landed on Garret's expensive Kou garments.

He looked down at the stains briefly, but discounted them; there were more important things to get done here than to worry about appearances. Two individuals were approaching them quickly; Carmen, a Reim citizen that worked within his operations, and the Captain of the Guard, Hadrianus Marcus. Looking to the red-haired woman and the man who told her to get Ariella a drink, Garret spoke out. "You two seem to be free. Help Ariella out a bit, and make sure she stays safe. We don't know the severity of the situation yet. Move in groups." He turned to Lagi, pulling out a small white cloth and covering his wound. He would heal it with his magic, but he was unsure of whether or not Lagi had been poisoned, and did not want to do something that could potentially lock the poisons into the wound. He quickly shouted at a guard to bring the castle's medicine man in order to look at the wound and determine any foul play. After he did this, he spoke to Adamus. "Sir, please stick to a group while moving."  Which group the man stuck to was up to Ariella's father, though at this point Garret would have appreciated him sticking with the Blue Magician. Not only for the capabilities the man had at his disposal, but also in the event that any overzealous guard was convinced that the Red Magician was the root cause of the incident.

Turning back to Lagi, Garret heard Azix describe the situation just before Carmen and Hadrianus had made it to the group. When Azix left to go tell the diplomat, Garret turned his attention to the two new comers. "Captain Hadrianus, we have an incident. We might need to consider canceling the party." He turned to Carmen and, as he spoke, he provided a variety of hand signals to quickly convey he was looking for any signs of immediate hostilities. "The situation is Red. Report." He was straightforward with the woman, and she cut speaking time by getting to the point as well.

"Observable actions, Orange." Her hand signals returned that while there were suspicious individuals, many did not seem to be an immediate danger and some were gone. She knew Garret would be expecting a full report, though what he said next partially surprised her.

"I see. Stick with us, I don't want you leaving my sight. We'v-" Garret was cut off from his instructions when Azix shouted back to them, excitedly telling Garret that there was something he would want to see. A mild sense of irritation flickered through Garret's body; the King was wounded, and there was an assassin about. He understood the need for quick dialogue, but the vagueness that Azix's phrase conveyed no information that he could prioritize based off of facts given to him.

Trusting the man's judgement, however, Garret decided to follow the Marquis. When he saw the sight of the allegedly 'saved' diplomat, and the blood that seemed to lead to a grate at the other end of the room, Garret cursed under his breath. Turning to Lagi, he spoke again. "King Lagi. Your orders? Cancel the party, or keep it going?" Though Garret wasn't considering the political implications of either of them, they were still there. Garret was approaching this from a security front; one that demanded the safety and well being of as many of Lagi's guests as possible.

Yet Lagi would have to consider the implications and risks of either choice; should he choose to cancel the party, depending on the reason, people may think of him as afraid, or weak, or perhaps disrespectful. Though they would likely understand the need for such an action, political waters were often venomous during turbulent times such as these. It would save him from further having assassins kill his guests while in the Palace. On the other hand, should he choose to allow the party to continue, the threat of an assassin still lurking about was quite possible. The danger to his guests was real, but the choice of continuing the party would be a show of strength and confidence. So long as none of his guests died, this show would prove fortuitous.

Garret would follow the Reim King's orders regardless, and make whatever preparations, alongside the Captain of the Guard, necessary to facilitate the commands.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Lagi was experiencing immediate medical care, but he still managed to hold the wine glass in his hands. Was things that bad around here? Lagi started to contemplate the choices that he had laid out for him when Garret suggested them . He could either cancel the party and keep the safety of his guests in mind, or he could keep the party rolling and show his strength as the king that some things wouldn’t keep him rattled, even attempted assassinations. No matter what choice he picked, Lagi was expecting it to be somewhat of a backlash. Lagi took a sip of his wine and finally decided. “Please increase security measures, as long as we follow the proper protocol with more able bodies, we can keep the party going on for a little while longer. We do a sweep of the perimeter, but were canceling if one more thing happens. There could be a lot of controversy and conspiracy claims if the people that die are specifically geared towards something that would cause an uproar upon their deaths, especially if this is something that they can look to me for the blame. It’s not random, I don’t think it is. Can you please look into the background of the deceased, find out anything you can as to why these murders would be beneficial in the first place. If this isn’t random spree and the culprit is still around, making that connection the deceased would at least give us an idea on who the next target is. My supporters? The people against me? Something peculiar….. and I know this doesn’t sound like the best decision… but we should avoid a major shift in the vibe for now.

Lagi's Vault
View user profile

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier
After Yaku tried to ease Zadi's now darker thoughts which, to be honest, sort of did ease Zadi's mind, Yaku left for another place within the city of Rameno. It wasn't long until the commotion inside got louder as a fire seemed to have broken out. Zadi didn't feel the need to intervene and try to solve the problem due to his own problems rising up against him. Lagi and Yaku were going to end up being at each other's throats as far as Zadi knew so trying to extinguish a seemingly harmless fire wasn't much of something that Zadi would help with in the first place. However, Zadi did wish to help Lagi in order to balance out the upcoming strife between Yaku and Lagi. Lagi now being King probably didn't want there to be a big mess of things so he intended to calm everyone down by using his Fullbody Djinn Equip. It was fun to show off from time to time after all...

"Well, should I really be doing this just to calm everyone down? Hmmm, well, this is for Lagi after all. Alright, might as well...never mind. That's just something that is waiting to cause trouble in the future, hahaha! Beter get going before I come up with another stupid idea."

Zadi didn't hesitate a moment later, climbing off the blaconey in an attempt not ot hurt hiimself in doing so, only the find out that he didn't have to try all the hard which in turn lead to Zadi falling @$$-first about 3 feet from the ground. After all this, Zadi ended up being butt-hurt in more way than one.

Getting up and rubbing his sore butt, "Better find the source of the black rukh, destroy it, and rid this world of the black rukh before Yaku and Lagi kill each other."
Celebration of the new King: Lagi El Nagi! - Page 3 TIGERBUNNYfull7786402_zps03855e64

EXIT

Last edited by Zadi on 16/11/14, 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
At first Ayero didn’t mind Ari’s nuzzling all that much, relieved that the other woman was beginning to calm down at least. But the yellow magician’s movements became a bit more…lewd as she settled into the red head’s ample bosom, causing said woman to awkwardly try and control the nuzzling before even more of a scene was made. Out of the corner of her eye she spied the king as he approached them, but her attention was drawn to Ari’s face in her chest even while the King spoke and was subsequently intercepted.

”Ah…Ari, maybe it would be best if we got you someplace where you could lay down.” The Fanalis would suggest, placing her hands on the tanned woman’s shoulders and trying to gently pry her away from her bust. She gives Adius a flicker of a pleading glance as his attempts at distracting his sister go ignored and sighs while trying in vain to get Ari to calm down before she did something embarrassing for either of them.

At last Ariella withdraws her face from Ayero’s flesh, much to the latter’s relief. However, Ayero would have preferred if Ari continued to cuddle into her chest if only to prevent the next scene. Her eyes widen in surprise as the tipsy magician pushes aside Lagi and the man he’d been speaking with in an attempt to clear a path to the nearest powder room that wasn’t in cinders, only to vomit the contents of her stomach onto the King’s shoes.

She scrambles up in an instant, her first instinct being to wrap her arm around Ari’s middle and heard her away. But she thinks better of this seeing as how this could cause the poor girl’s stomach to suffer further, and grasps the young woman by the shoulders instead, pulling her towards her own body. ”My apologies, King Lagi…she’s had quite a bit to deal with considering the…recent events.” She dips her head shallowly and quickly in apology, not even fully aware of what Ariella had witnessed but considering how the situation was being handled, it seemed to be increasingly serious. Her gaze lingers on the young King for a moment, as if she wants to say more but isn’t sure how to speak properly to a king so she holds her tongue for now.

Heeding Iatsu’s warning, she nods affirmingly and hoists the younger woman into her arms. ”I’m going to go and get her cleaned up a bit.” She tilts her head toward Adius, not partial to whether he follows them or not. The reality of the scene was beginning to hit her as well, not expecting something like this to happen at a fancy event. Then again, she didn’t really have any other fancy events to compare it with.

Breezing past Lagi and Iatsu, she hears the slightly distant voice of Azix call out to the other Kou magician to come and see something. She ignores it for now though, focusing on taking care of Ari as well as getting her own bearings. After locating another powder room down the hall, she sets Ari down onto the counter and leans her against the mirror, positioning her so that she hopefully wouldn’t fall over. ”We should probably go back to the inn. I think that’s enough party for one day.” She murmurs softly while running a cloth under cool water from the faucet for a few moments before using it to wipe the remainder of any vomit from Ari’s face and hair.

View user profile
Ari gave King Lagi an apologetic look as Ayero helped to clean her up and Adius helped her to her feet. She was almost ashamed at how she had reacted, but accounted it down to the excitement of the events and too much alcohol. Hopefully the king would be forgiving. She let her brother and Ayero lead her from the hall into an unoccupied powder room to get her cleaned up and slightly more sober. Adius looked at her with concern but then gave her a smile.

"So, puking on the king? I don't think you can top this one, Ari!"

Adamus sighed at Ariella's reaction but worried was etched in his facial features. It was unlike her to ever lose her alcohol, even after worse binges. He had seen enough of her drunken antics to know that. But with the smell of charred flesh still in the air, he could understand. As Garret barked out order and directions to people, he watched the efficiency the man operated with. This was a much more comfortable element for the newly appointed noble and Adam approved of how the magician handled the situation.

When the Marquis called out, he followed Garret to see the dead diplomat and frowned as he saw droplets of blood leading to the grate on the wall. He also noticed that there was a shoe smudge in the congealing blood and he frowned. Turning to Garret, he gave a respectful bow.

"Iatsu, if there is anything I can do to be of assistance, please let me know. My children will be safe together with that Fanalis woman, I believe, so I am free to help."

View user profile

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Garret bowed to Lagi, and turned to Adamus to acknowledge his offer of assistance. "I would be happy to have your assistance." The Court Physician appeared and began immediately looking over King Lagi's wound. After confirming that there didn't seem to be any poison, the man began his healing work on the King of Reim. Once that was done, he would use a spell to clear off the vomit from the King's personage. As the Palace Physician, it was important to have both life magic and water magic for cleaning and healing wounds.

Garret turned back to the captain of the guard, who began speaking orders to a subordinate to get some guards to check the trail of blood. "Do not send too many down there. It could be obfuscation. The safety of the guests are our top priority." Though Garret had warned the man, it seemed he had the level of competence to already understand that much. "Azix. I appreciate your discovery, and your help in the matter. Do you think you can keep an eye out for anyone suspicious in the ball, or perhaps help the guards out when searching for a possible culprit down there?" The second suggestion was more hesitant; the man was here in his functions as a Marquis. Garret didn't quite feel right asking him if he wanted to trudge in the dark. To an onlooker, it may have been strange that Garret was giving psuedo-orders to the Marquis, who theoretically held a higher standing within the nation than the security agent.

"Yes. I intend to also set up a strong escort group of a squadron of palace guards for each group when they retire from the Ball Room. They will be, of course, allowed to request that the guards not escort them if they prefer otherwise." Captain Hadrianus had a grasp of the situation, and as a guard he also knew what steps to take to perform his duties. The palace guard were not some bunch of callous brutes, either; having worked within the palace for years, they knew how to handle important political guests and when to retract or advance when offering assistance. They kept their mouths shut, and their ears closed for the most part, as their jobs were potentially on the line if they made a misstep.

Garret nodded. "I want those within the ball to be safe from any further attempts. I would like to increase the security within the room itself, but I don't want the guests feeling uncomfortable. Do you have a suggestion for implementing this?" While he was a security agent, he wasn't used to acting in the position of one for such a prominent and up-front party. He was primarily there to keep a balance and represent the Kou nation as a security measure of sorts, just in case anything happened. Well, such as what happened tonight. Even so, his position as a leader of men was hinted at. A quality that Lagi had shown as well, the hint was through the responsible delegation of a task he was unfamiliar with to those who were more familiar with them. While not immediate evidence of Garret's rank, it was still a push towards the truth of who he was.

"Yes. We can slowly introduce the guards into the room, discreetly, so that it isn't immediately apparent. I think, though, that after some time the sharper guests will know something is off and leave early. This will likely cause an earlier than projected end to the Ball." That was news Garret could live with. It would be something that would get them out of the Palace and under their own security in a faster manner.

Garret requested Adamus' assistance in keeping an eye out for any suspicious individuals within the Ball room, but to otherwise mingle as normal. One of the ministers for King Lagi came up with a suitable excuse for early retirement, while simultaneously expressing the wishes of not wanting to spoil everyone else's fun, and allowing the Ball to continue.

By the end of the night, if nothing else occurred, Garret would meet up with Adamus to share any suspicious activities they encountered. Thanking him for his assistance, Garret was about to say his farewells before pausing. The people had begun to leave, but something seemed off to Garret. "Sir... Where is your wife?"

--Exit?--

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
While Lagi's wounds were checked, Azix turned his mind from the murder and searched for Ari. Unable to find her, Azix walked back towards Garret and nodded his head. "Of course I'll search for the culprit down there. I saved that man to only have him die a second time, what a terrible thing  to have experienced." Azix knelt down and slipped into the passageway, following the droplets of blood. With several guards behind him, they explored the hidden paths for an hour, but in the end found nothing more than a blood trail that ended abruptly.

Frustrated, Azix left the guards to continue their search while he reported back to Garret. Once he finished that, Azix mingled in the ballroom to keep guard until the party was over. With his duties completed, he left the party to collapse into bed.

[exit]

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum