You are not connected. Please login or register

Meeting New Friends [Private/Lexiara]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ariella sat outside of the café, sipping on a tea as she glanced over some papers. With everything Azix had dumped on her for responsibilities, she was trying to get in the swing of who to pay and when, what needed watched and trying to keep up with current events in Remano. There always seemed to be something that needed her attention, she did not know how Azix kept up with it all. Plus, there were rumors of slaves being brought in, illegally, by boats, traders taking advantage of the escaped slaves in Heliohapt by capturing what they could and bringing them here. They would not know until they arrived that the new king was trying to outlaw slavery completely.

She gave a sigh and nibbled at a pastry as she looked over the reports from the Grumptoes remaining in Remano. Soon, she would not be able to rely on them to keep her up to date about activities in the city, as they would be out in Kios. But, she still had to go around and talk to different places of business to see if they would be willing to give the children a more advanced education in a specialized profession. She did not even notice when Nilexa gave a cheerful trill and fluttered a few meters away to flick her tongue curiously at a large tiger following a young blonde woman.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Meeting New Friends [Private/Lexiara] Ari%20Sigs_zpsn7c2bhju

Lexiara

Lexiara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Lexiara wandered down the street, eager to find something to nibble on, Leo striding beside her in a majestic trot. They had finally arrived in Remano, the capital city, and she still needed to find a place to stay and start looking for more leads on where to find the slaves that were being shipped here. A few people on the ship had gossiped about the idiot slave traders trying to make port here or smuggle slaves in to sell on the black market. The idea made her grumble, but her stomach grumbled louder. She was about to take a seat at a table outside of a café when Leo gave a loud sneeze. She glanced over, only to squeal happily at the purple winged serpent currently staring Leo in the face and flicking its tongue out.

“Oh, you are ADORABLE! What are you doing around here?”

Leo seemed slightly less amused by the curious snake, but was being friendly enough, not attacking or deterring the serpent, just glowering at it in irritation. He did not appreciate his nose being tickled. He sneezed again and the serpent flew higher into the air to examine his “mother” with a curious trill. When he noticed a woman with purple hair approaching, he tensed slightly, ready to defend Lexi if necessary, but waiting for a sign of distress from the blonde. He had already had his nose smacked once for growling at a stranger and he did not wish to repeat the punishment.

Lexi offered a friendly wave, her ears twitching forward in interest as the apparent owner of the serpent approached.

“Hi there! Is this pretty thing yours? It’s quite friendly!”

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ariella chuckled at the friendly nature of Nilexa and offered the blonde woman a smile and a nod.

“Yes, I am afraid she gets a bit nosy around new people. Her name is Nilexa and I am Ariella, wonderful to meet you! If this gorgeous one yours?”

She waved towards the large tiger, holding out her had to be smelled but not attempting to approach the creature, not sure if it was friendly. She grinned as Nilexa twirled around the blonde woman and trilled in her face. She took note of the unusual cat ears and the markings on the woman’s face, humming in interest. While she had a tail, she certainly did not have the other appendages that came with cat-hood. She delayed her curious questions and instead waved to her table.

“Would you care to join me for some tea and pastries? I could use a break from my papers and you look like you could use a meal.”

She laughed when the girl’s stomach rumbled in response and nodded them to her table again, clicking her tongue to get Nilexa’s attention. The serpent seemed to almost sag in mid-air in disappointment, but obediently followed her mistress back to the table, hoping the woman and her pet would join them.

Lexiara

Lexiara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Lexiara smiled in thanks, moving to follow the woman to her table and sitting down, Leo collapsing beside her chair with a loud sigh as he stretched out comfortably.

“Yes, this is Leo and I am Lexiara. Most pleased to make your acquaintance, Ariella! And I am afraid you are right, I could most certainly use a meal. I am afraid on our trip here from the port, we did not come across much to scrounge on, aside from what Leo ate before I got any of it.”

The tiger gave a massive yawn, seemingly unperturbed by his mother’s accusation, his full belly enough to incriminate him of eating all of the game he had managed to catch. As Lexi waited for her food, she took note of the confident way the other woman carried herself, glad to find a friendly person in the town. Most were too preoccupied with rumors about the new king and repairing damage done from an apparent invasion to pay attention to strangers and those that took note of her tended to avoid speaking with her due to her unusual features. She heard Ariella ask if she had found a place to stay and she shook her head.

“Unfortunately, I have not managed to find a place that would accept Leo yet. Can you recommend anyplace?”

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ari listened as the girl spoke, nodding when she mentioned finding a place for Leo in understanding. She chuckled softly.

“I can imagine the inn keepers would be cautious about such a large pet. But why don’t you just come stay with me? I rarely use my room, but it is fully paid for. I tend to be out and about a lot and travel from here to a small village quite often, so my room should be used by someone, I suppose. So what brings you and your beautiful boy to Remano?”

She listened as Lexi explained that she had heard rumors of slave traders bringing slaves here and Ari filed the information away in a calculated manner while showing the appropriate amount of concern. When Lexi mentioned that she was looking for her family, her heart went out to the girl. She could not imagine having those she cared about taken away from her by callous slave traders. Maybe Azix could help her locate some information about the slave traders coming into town. She did not want to get the girls hopes up without information yet, so she simply offered an understanding smile.

“Well, it certainly sounds as though you are on a mission. After we eat, I will show you where my inn is and help you get settled in. Then maybe I can show you around town and we can sniff out some rumors for you!”

She gave a bright grin when the blonde agreed and they chatted as the blonde finished her meal.

Lexiara

Lexiara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Lexi practically jumped in glee, wanting to hug the girl for her offer to stay with her. When Ariella offered to show her around town and help her sniff out clues, she was happy to have bumped into the other woman. She was by far the friendliest person she had met here in Remano and she briefly wished she could see Diego, Ilirran and Ayero again. They had all been very nice, too. She was sure they would help her as well. But last time she had seen them had been at the bonfire, where she had obtained a concussion thanks to Ilirran. The swelling had went down on the boat, thank goodness.

She eagerly ate the rest of her meal before nodding when Ariella asked if she were finished. She paid for the food before following the other woman and her serpent down the road towards an inn and Leo begrudgingly moved himself from his spot on the ground to follow behind. She had high hopes for finding her family, with the help of the other woman. She seemed to know her way around and people greeted her with bright smiles. Her hope was returning slowly.

-exit-

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum