Provincial Council's First Session [Plot|Lagi]

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Inside the Council Chambers:

A meeting room inside the Remano Palace had been designated as the Council's temporary chambers, until another building in the Capital could be re purposed. A week had passed since the Summit, where the Council had been written into law. This would be the first session since the Councillors had been selected. There were three doors in the chamber, an entrance for those who presented proposals at the south-side of the room and two entrances on either side of the north wall. Each led to a designated meeting room for either the Kou or the Reim Councillors to deliberate and meet with people.

From the Kou side, three people filed into the Chamber and took their seats. Two men and one woman had been elected to govern these meetings. One person was already in attendance, a court clerk to document everything that was said. The transcript would be copied and filed as part of the records.

Provincial Council's First Session [Plot|Lagi] KbKVXsQ

Chuge Don, a previous Lieutenant in the Kou army, was elected for his military and leadership experience. Don was charged with watching Reim's military and watching for any bills that might aid them in overthrowing Kou.

Provincial Council's First Session [Plot|Lagi] G7oGCdX

Ten Long, a wealthy merchant from Kou, was selected for his vast political knowledge and experience with Kou's interests. Long was tasked with making sure Kou's image and interests were protected. His intimate knowledge of trade agreements also was useful when discussing economic policies.

Provincial Council's First Session [Plot|Lagi] ZO5IONt

Wei Tenji, a scholar from Kou that had studied Reim culture for the past ten years, was selected to help with overseeing the transition. Her knowledge would be useful for making the transition smoother.

Once all the Councillors arrived and were seated, introductions would be passed around the circular table. Chuge Don would bow to those in attendance, "The First Session of the Provincial Council is now in session. First on the docket for Kou affairs, Hóujué Azix has requested to present two proposals for social reforms." Don's presence filled the room as he spoke. He gestured to Reim's Councillors, "Do you have any matters to discuss before we see him?"

Provincial Council's First Session [Plot|Lagi] Lelouch___thinking_by_vivsters-d30d5mh

Outside the Provincial Council's Chamber, Azix sat on a bench, waiting to be summoned. Two guards stood in front of the guest doors, standing at attention. Azix had tried to hold a conversation with them, but the guards used as few syllables possible when responding. Giving up, he turned to thinking about recent events.

So much had happened, there hadn't been enough time to really sit and think. An adventure with the Instructor had led to be captured by the Pirate Queen, Madam Trixie. From there, Azix had went to break Garret out of prison, or so he had thought. On arriving at Headquarters he had learned that he was actually delivering a royal pardon.

When Garret was pardoned, they weren't able to leave the prison, a blizzard made travel impossible. Little did they know, it was a magical blizzard created by Zhi. He used the prisoners as sacrifices to fuel a powerful spell, that teleported him and his forces into Remano. Azix and Garret had been forced to follow Zhi, helping him overthrow the Emperor.

Azix laughed, he and Garret had certainly served Zhi a butter pecan sundae. Once they had made it to the throne room, they had allowed a man named Lagi to kill Zhi and take the throne as a proxy of Kou. Azix thought a Remano would make integration with the Reim citizens easier and saved them from Zhi's delusions. He questioned the rash decision now, Lagi's words reflected poor qualities in a leader, though the man did have a sharp mind. Lagi did have potential to be a good proxy ruler and Azix hoped he learned to fill that role sooner rather than later.

Still, something unnerved him about the situation, the Contractor. Before the mysterious magician had left, Azix thought he caught something in that expression. It appeared to Azix that having Lagi on the throne instead of Zhi didn't interfere with the Contractor's plans, that it suited his purpose as well.

Azix sighed and leaned back against the wall. He couldn't do anything about that now, for now he could only hope that these proposals would work. He wanted to help those in poverty, proving to every country with a caste system that investing the same opportunity in each person would result in a more productive society for everyone. Would the men in that room listen? For that matter, would Kou even want these systems in place for Reim?

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

In the other room, the Reim Councilors’ remained. There were here people in total; all of them had the proper skill sets that were to aid Reim in the right direction. They might have all had a different opinion of Lagi, but it didn’t stop him from picking them. Their presence in the council was what’s necessary for this country to move forward, they were strong people of great influence.

Provincial Council's First Session [Plot|Lagi] 19257636

The first person and one of the least expected was Roark El Nagi, Lagi’s father. He is the leader of the El Nagi Clan, one of the strongest group of dominance users in reim. He also controls the legend beast hydra. Since the destruction and slow rebuild of the Fanalis corps, the El Nagi group has been picking up the slack of Reim’s new go to force until the return of the Fanalis corps.  Roark is well respected and has alt of pull through reim with reim royal ties, due to the fact that the el nagi clan has housed reim and fought on its behalf for generations.

Provincial Council's First Session [Plot|Lagi] Atlantica09011603a_1232085917

Cassandra Valdaren, a wealthy noble relative of the late king. Her hidden hatred for Kou slaying her grandfather is pushed aside as she finds being on the council a chance to protect the people of Reim and their integrity from Kou. She is surprisingly thoughtful of the Reim people and not as selfish as most would think.

Provincial Council's First Session [Plot|Lagi] Leopold_goenitz_kof_um_by_orochidarkkyo-d5m07mc

Shylock Cuzol- A successful tycoon  who has made profits inside and outside of Reim. One of his more successful businesses is usery, lending money for profit. The interest he charges is usually beneficial for the Kingdom of reim, which was how he got on good side of the late king. Its in his best interest is to keep reim less dependent  and as financially stable as possible, regardless of the outcome

Lagi sat in his seat silently, things were a bit different with his father around. He was a bit tense, but that wasn't going to stop him from doing his job. Cassandra spoke up when it was mentioned that Azix had something to show. "Send him in, we are ready to meet with him." Shylock closed a book he was reading and looked up from his chair. Roark looked as serious as ever.

Provincial Council's First Session [Plot|Lagi] CrChE3t

Provincial Council's First Session [Plot|Lagi] LBbFjDO

Lagi's Vault

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The doors to the guest entrance were opened and Azix was directed into the Council Chambers. He walked across the red carpeted floor to stand before the podium in the center of the room. Azix placed his documents on the wooden surface before looking at each Councillor in turn and giving them a respectful bow. "Good evening, Councillors." Azix turned to Lagi, bowing to him in turn, "Good evening, sir. Thank you all for allowing me the privilege of being here today."

Chuge Don, Ten Long, and Wei Tenji gave respectful nods in return, Don gestured with his hand for Azix to continue. The orange magician smiled, taking copies of his proposals and passing them to a court clerk. The clerk took the copies and handed them to each Councillor and Lagi. The Kou Councillors each took one of Azix's copies and began glancing over them.

Spoiler:

Azix took a moment to gather his thoughts and allow everyone in attendance a chance to read the proposals. "I am here today to discuss improving the standards of living for those unfortunate souls in the slums. Before we go any further, let me say that I do understand that some people are in poverty from laziness and an unwillingness to put forth any real effort. With that said, there are quite a few who are unable to receive an opportunity because of certain social stigmas. I would like to help those who would help themselves.

I am proposing two different things. First, a reform to the education system that would allow all children the opportunity to learn. The standards of the education system would also provide each child an intimate knowledge of each various industry, allowing the country as whole in the future, to assign individuals to tasks in different professions in an emergency, without losing too much quality. As you can see, they would also be trained in self-defense. This is because the children in the slums have been the target of slavers, being picked up right off the street in broad daylight."

Azix turned to Lagi, "Of course, this has been less of an issue since the proxy ruler abolished slavery, but I still think it a worthy subject to teach." He looked around the room, "Are there any concerns before I move to my next proposal?"

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

“That’s true, slavery Is no longer a thing in in Reim, it might even be a controlled variable at best. However, my attempts were not wasted, for I given the people a choice. Some might think of it as cruelty, but it’s the slaver’s choice to induce slavery instead of turning individuals into the authorities when it comes to crimes. Not everything can be weighed on the same scale, and we aren’t going to sit here and listen to everyone’s life story and pick out the truly wronged, looking over thousands and thousands of bonds. Its hard justice…..” That’s what Lagi had to say about the slavery part after he skimmed through the proposal, there were some good things to note about what Azix was trying to do. “I do have a question that’s off topic, but I think ill ask some other time. But please refrain from using the word proxy, simply calling me the ruler is fine.“

The Reim counselors continued to look through the proposals. Roark took a quick at his son and grunted. *Roark* “So, the weak are now given opportunities to apply themselves? I have no problem with this, but the abundance of animals is certainly something to take into account. It would be wise to add in the study of Ethology and Zoology into your plans if this involves Reim. For farmers, the use of animals that can directly affect the soil and the plants themselves to improve agriculture is beneficial. This is something that the El nagi clan took advantage of. Also, strong creatures can used for construction, skilled dominance users could lower the count of able bodies if animals could do the jobs two times as fast, with half of the faults that any human beings would have of themselves. Dominating and controlling these dangerous creatures to improve our lives, that is one of our ways. “

Casandra looked over the proposal quietly and nodded her head. *Casandra*“It’s good to give the people of Reim more things to believe in. Maybe now we could start being a nation of opportunities if we can continue to be innovative. “ Cassandra somewhat approved of this, but Shylock was a bit flabbergasted.

Shylock - “Where are we getting the money from to perform all of these duties? If this is on Reim, it doesn’t seem too possible with the current tax adjustment to keep the royals of the city happy. The scales would have to be shifted more over to the individuals of reim who actually contained the ability to pay, which would mean the rich would pay more while the tax adjustment for the other social classes would remain untouched. There is an injustice here if the funding for these programs come from Reim alone, our treasury is not a wishing fountain. “

Lagi's Vault

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

OOC: I thought I had deleted Proxy in my previous post, it was not intentional. What is a council meeting without a political blunder, eh?

Chuge Don cleared his throat, preparing to speak directly on the bill itself. "There are several issues I have with this bill. Particularly the martial arts training." He read over the paper another time, making sure he had read it correctly. Nodding to himself, he spoke again. "Ages four to eight, basic martial arts drills and training?" He shook his head, continuing. "While the Kou Nation boasts its military training from a young age, I do not believe that Reim is ready for such an education. Even in Kou, there are plenty of children that do not understand well enough to be effectively taught. Would this not, then, waste training resources that could be used elsewhere?" The truth of the matter was that the man did not want all of Reim's citizens learning martial arts and warfare. Equipping the common folk with that knowledge would allow them to rebel, not only against Kou but also against King Lagi. He did not believe the country was stable enough at this point to allow such a bill to pass. In regards to what the Reim Council member Roark said, Chuge Don only had a brief point to make. "Such a suggestion would certainly be interesting, but wouldn't that cause many hard laborers to lose their jobs and livelihoods when being replaced by beasts of burden? If we go with that, we should later discuss having the military work on taking the rest of the Western Front. The displacement of the jobs from the beasts taking over for humans on current hard labor would allow for them to expand to other places." There was still a long way to go for such a plan, but Chuge Don was more concerned about putting the rest of land in Reim under Reim control and strengthening the interior of it before expanding against other countries.

Chuge Don gave the floor, from that point, over to Ten Long. "I must echo something brought up by the Honorable members Shylock and Chuge Don. That would be the strain on financial resources. What you are proposing here is an overhaul of the current education system in Reim, Hóujué Azix. I understand that several of these points are actually points that King Lagi has been interested in seeing as well; his offer for slaves to work for several years in return for paying back whatever 'debt' they owe to the slavers is very similar to points made in your Workforce Program..." The man stroked his beard, considering the papers. "Certainly, to a certain extent, this would free up resources that would otherwise be spent paying wages for workers... But would it be able to divert enough cash flow that we could afford funding such an extensive education system? And who would pay for housing and living expenses for those who are working 'for free'?" This man's concern was for the stability of the economy, and whether or not such a project was too ambitious. There was a recent stimulus to the economy, a project undertaken and funded not by the Kou nation but by a Noble named Takegawa Iatsu. It seemed the man had acquired a vast quantity of gold and funds through his merchant work, and was able to purchase his way into not only nobility but into funding the creation of a port city that was being called Portsmouth. Thinking on matters that both Roark and Shylock brought up, Ten Long decided to speak a bit more on the subject. "It is with the following thoughts in mind that this may be possible; a recent Kou noble named Takegawa Iatsu has provided funding for a new port city named 'Portsmouth', north of Narpolia. The once heavily forested area is being cleared for roads to connect to some of the northern cities within Reim, as well as roads to central Reim and to the other port city Narpolia. This was born out of the need to meet the amount of support for Chief Asisiak as agreed upon in the Summit, and as agreed upon in the summit Kou was to take care of the expenses and means behind that. The funds required were vast, but it has caused a great stimulus within the Reim economy. Taxes should be coming in from there in a months time or so, in which case we could then re-evaluate the state of the treasury." Ten Long had two reasons for bringing this up. The first of which was that Kou was already investing some resources in Reim, and that to ask for more would seem greedy. The second of which was that the construction of the city was not terribly well known yet, and it was thus at no surprise that Shylock was unaware of the soon-to-be increase in funds. Before Shylock had a moment of time to speak protest, Ten long explained that the decision to build a city there was a recent one, and construction was still underway.

The man was not finished, and continued speaking after drinking from a cup of water. "Furthermore, with the idea that work beasts be used to improve the lives of the citizens, I expect a general decrease in the cost of living since there will be less costs made in production... Though perhaps not so much so that it becomes incredibly cheap. I am sure that the merchants will not pass on an incredible portion of their savings to those who are buying, and as such the amount of money coming in from taxes there should increase as well. This will also simultaneously allow the business owners the opportunity to expand, as they obtain more funds. This expansion, however, won't be the easiest. It would only be possible with the Honorable Chuge Don's suggestion to finish taking over the Western Front."

Wei Tenji, on the other hand, viewed things in a positive light from the beginning. She was much on the same level as Cassandra. "I do not expect everything to take effect within the next month or two, but I do believe that this is a good step forward in showing our sincerity in improving Reim affairs." She smiled warmly to those within the room, including the members of the Reim council. "I believe with a little bit of work, this could be a positive direction to take with the citizens, and that it will improve the overall conditions of the workforce as well." Wei Tenji personally agreed that they would need to watch out for the costs, and carefully consider what it would take to implement the bill in question. She also believed that right now, with the citizen's tensions so high in the local area, it would be unwise to immediately start military training. Yet the time it would take to set up enough instructors to handle such training, she believed, would be long enough to quell the excited hearts of the citizens.

Azix stood, hands clasped behind his back, listening to the Councillors each address their concerns and in Roark's case, their ambitions. Azix hadn't even noticed his slip-up in addressing Lagi as 'proxy', until it was pointed out. He nodded his head, leaning forward in a small bow, "My apologies for addressing you improperly, your grace."

He turned back to the Councillors, studying their responses and their faces for any clues that could reveal how to sway their vote. Roark expressed an interest in utilizing animals in certain industries to increase productivity, which in theory seemed great. Azix wondered how that would affect the employment rate, as well as his proposal. Certainly animals were not suited for every task, but it did limit the areas where Azix's workforce program would apply. Azix was not as familiar with Ethology and Zoology as Roark, so he did not know how successful it would be. He decided that speaking against Roark's idea would be unwise without the necessary information on the subject. "Honorable Roark El Nagi, I agree those should be subjects that should be learned as well. I am not as familiar with them as you are, but I can see how they would be beneficial. My only concern would be the impact to the employment rate."

Chuge Don's main concern seemed to lie with the martial arts training, something Azix thought the man might dislike. Teaching Reim citizens martial arts would provide them with the knowledge to overthrow Kou or Lagi's rule. "Honorable Chuge Don, I can understand your concern. I was not clear in the proposal, but what I mean by basic can be incorporated into basic physical exercise. What I had in mind is that the children, ages four to eight, would learn stretches, warm up techniques, exercises, general forms, and the basics on how to defend oneself. The idea for this schooling is to focus on one's skills, so if one simply was unskilled in one area, they could focus on one they were better suited for. For example, if they could not understand forms or exercises, but they enjoyed the art of metalworking, we could devote more time to that pursuit. I think that would improve the quality of work later on, which brings me to the Honorable Shylock's and the Honorable Ten Long's concern, money.

I know what I am proposing would be costly, but I believe it would be worth it. I realize I am asking for Reim to spend money on a venture, but do not misunderstand me. I am asking you to invest in the future. Not just your immediate future, but your children's future, your grand-children's future. If I had children, I would wish to leave them a better world, better equipped than I was at their age to deal with the mess of our parents and our parent's parents. "

Azix took a deep breath before continuing, "With that said, I realize the 'now' is still an issue. I am willing to dedicate half of my salary, as well as a portion of my savings, into a fund which is used solely for these projects. Also, with the current tax adjustment in place, Reim should be operating at an increase in profit than previous tax collections. I would imagine using part of that profit to invest in the future is not too much to ask?"

He took a moment to think, education was one thing, but the workforce program was different. This was asking them to train the poor to rise in station, but if they did rise in station, that would put them in a higher tax bracket, another win for them. "For the workforce program, that would be costly. I asked that they are paid a salary while receiving training, which would cover their living expenses and housing. If you think about it from a monetary perspective, it is a one time investment that yields an increase in profits. I am asking for those willing from the slums to be provided with training so they can improve their station, in doing so, these individuals will be able to provide from themselves and their family. They will be able to provide for their country as well. From a monetary perspective, these people are already living on the streets without the ability to perform a trade, which gains the treasury nothing. With the skills necessary to work, in areas they are most proficient, you are able to tax them, therefore gaining profit.

Do not forget that Chief Asisiak stated she was willing to host several of these individuals to train in her land, easing some of the cost, if they are on their best behavior. If you step away from the monetary cost, the value on a humane level is quite high. If a test run of the workforce program would be more agreeable, I would take the best candidates to stay in Imuchakk so the results could be seen. On a small scale, the effect might seem negligible though. If we take into account of Honorable Roark El Nagi's idea, these people could also be trained to assist with his endeavors."

That left two Councillors, the two who seemed to agree with Azix's proposal, "Honorable Casandra, Honorable Wei Tenji, I thank you for seeing the positives so far."

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

This is why I brought up the mines situation. My… father’s idea with involving the use of animals would include a displacement of a lot of people losing their jobs,  but they could be spread elsewhere. The mines would of been a great way to increase cash flow by digging up precious metals to sell,  we wouldn’t have this problem   and everything would of balanced itself out. Other than that, you defiantly displayed your conviction by offering your own Huang to fund this. Basically, you’re asking us to believe in you and believe in the fact that the end will justify the means. When do you expect progress? I’ll give it a two year trial period, and the success if this program greatly influences this decision on whether it sticks around or altered.  “Basically Lagi was saying it was ok in a sense, he just wanted it to be worth the money and the trouble.  

Roark simply grunted towards the fact that they would take his offer of Ethology and Zoology into account. He really wanted more capable dominance users so that things could be done faster in Reim, but that depends on the people and their affinity of taking control. “If the King agrees with this sentiment, and as long as you  are open minded towards  these studies that i informed you of, I have no qualms. “

Cassandra already said her peace,  so it was really down to Shylock. “I will humor the young king this time, I expect to see twice as much value when it comes to investing in the  “Future”

Lagi nodded his head and wanted to know Azix’s second request. “Wasn’t there another proposition you wanted to talk about Azix?

Lagi's Vault

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The Council and Lagi seemed in agreement now that Azix had offered to personally invest into these programs. "I believe a two-year trial basis would be adequate to show results. I appreciate the support, your grace. To your point about spreading the workforce to the mines, I agree that it could alleviate a shortage of jobs if animals were introduced."

Azix turned to Roark, "Honorable Roark, would the El Nagi clan be willing to host and train those who have an aptitude for handling animals? I believe that might possibly be beneficial for both of our endeavors."

Ten Long leaned forward, clasping his hands on the desk before him. "Do you intend to head these initiatives yourself?"

"I intend to oversee the workforce program, that appears to be the area of hesitation, so I would like to make that my focus. With that said, I would still like to be kept up-to-date with the education reform and maintain an advisory role." Azix wondered who they would put in charge of the program and if they would be willing to work with him.

Wei Tenji raised her hand, "If you are not going to head the education reform, I believe I have some contacts that may be willing to oversee it. If everyone finds this acceptable, I can introduce you to them at a later time."

Azix nodded to Wei Tenji with a smile, "I am in agreement, thank you Honorable Wei Tenji." He turned to Lagi to answer his question, "My second proposal was the workforce program, your grace. We ended up discussing it before I meant to. If everyone agrees to the terms then I have nothing more to address."

Chuge Don looked around the room, "Then, if that is done, we have one more thing to discuss. King Lagi, you expressed a desire to purchase lands west of Kou. It has been discussed and if you were willing to contribute a portion of Reim's troops to assist in the takeover, we would allow you to purchase the lands. Of course, we would not want Reim's military presence to weaken so Kou would be willing to send some of our forces to cover the loss."

Ten Long spoke up, "It was also mentioned that the more forces you were willing to contribute would affect your choice in lands. You would also receive better prices on the land as well."

Chuge Don nodded, "This would also be an opportunity for the armies to get used to each other, that way they would work in tandem better."

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Roark would nod his head in agreement to the arrangement. “The El nagi clan would assist those with the physical and mental aptitude in the specialty of dominance training. We are the best in Reim; we are fully capable of handling such a task.

Then it came down to Lagi’s previous interest, but it involved something that seemed bit risky. Cassandra was the first to speak up. ‘King Lagi, please listen to reason. Sending Reim forces might be the tradeoff in order to purchase the land for whatever desire you might inquire, but the people are still getting used to the hold that Kou has on this nation. Removing your forces could lead to discomfort among the citizens of Reim, we should stress safety among our people. Do not allow yourself to be baited by sending more forces to control more land, it is in the outskirts of Kou territory and there might be other inhabitants that could lead to complications in the nearby future. “ Lagi clasped his hand together and brought his head down slightly as he listened to Cassandra’s words. It was Roark’s chance to speak about the matter for a little bit. “Lagi, do you underestimate the strength of the El nagi clan? We have three legend beasts under our control, including mine. I’m sure we can pick up the slack, but I wonder about your desire of purchasing the lad outside of kou. Are there some species that we don’t know about that could prove useful?” Lagi knew better about answering this carefully.

I’m willing to send 30% of Reim’s army towards the uncharted territory, but I will be sending the Nagi Orai to oversee this. Also, excavating that territory could be useful in the future, we might discover something that could be of worth and value, including the various amount of species that we could put under control and bring back to Reim. I should say my reasoning for this is all of the above. ” The Nagi Orai was Roark’s most trusted followers that were led by Kohai. After Lagi’s fight with Kohai, he has earned the stealth /dominance users respect and loyalty, as well as the loyalty of his team.“Instead of measuring the amount of land I can receive depending on the forces I send, I am willing to settle on a fixed amount instead. It is not that I don’t trust you, but I would like to respect the fair lady Cassandra’s wishes as well. I don't believe that stretching the Reim army would be wise at this point in time.

Shylock was silent for a while but he managed to speak up after lagi finished talking. “In my ventures as a trader, I might have come across a few acquainted prospects that claimed to have discovered oil in that area. If such a discovery would be found once more, this arrangement should be altered due to the fact that oil could increase the cash flow of both Reim and kou. Since I would be pulling some contacts, aka the skilled prospects, as well as representing Reim, the percentage of gains should me more so tipped towards Reim, with 10% going more towards my personal wealth. But I am a business man, and if such a discovery was made and I was to drop my percentage in favor of Kou gaining half of the profits of any oil discovery, that should attribute more towards the land that King lagi will be able to possess, due to the fact that there could be many hidden profits in animals that could prove bountiful to the kingdom, as well as the discovery of oil, or even a mine. “

Lagi thought about what everyone had to say before speaking. “ And what of the natives, do we offer citizenship in favor of claiming a land? How could they fight against law? If I own the deed to the area, I can legally say that its mine and any type of action towards trespassers would be justified, no matter how cruel. However, will allow them to keep a particular amount of acres as long as they are not among a valuable resource. If they are, they can simply relocate to Kou or to Reim for citizenship, including due processing and the benefits that Azix’s proposition offers. What do you say of this….Councilors of kou?

Lagi's Vault

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Chuge Don nodded his head and acknowledged Cassandra. "You certainly drive a good point, and we wouldn't want the people feeling restless either..." Chuge listened to the rest of the discussion take place, here and there, and spoke up when Roark offered to have the El Nagi clan's troops be the ones who went over to Kou. "A most appreciated offer, to have the El Nagi personally lead the troops over in Kou during our struggle to take land. I do wonder how that will impact your domestic plans. Will you have the manpower and logistics necessary to teach the farmers the ways to control beasts and improve agriculture? Your army is fairly large, and if 30% of that will be sent as El Nagi clan members then your Ethology and Zoology studies and teachings will surely suffer."

While Chuge Don didn't quite grasp those details from an informed standpoint, as he didn't know the exact numbers of the El Nagi clan and did not know how difficult it was to teach people beast taming, he did understand from a logistics standpoint the difficulty of maintaining and commanding two separate forces over a long distance. "Therefore, I have one last counter-proposal. While the original offer was supposed to provide you choice lands after the assimilation of the Nomadic lands, there is also the standard package that's provided for those who have particularly noteworthy achievements in battle. Those who make great achievements are privy to greater rewards, including the rights to own land. As members of your army, those rights would extend to you and you could reward them monetarily for their contributions in exchange for those lands. This is the Kou way of land distribution for those Great Generals and their men when they perform particularly well. Obviously the amount of troops you send will still increase your chances, but this time it is the increase of your chances through achievements. If they perform well, we will allow you the first choice of land."

What the men did with the natives, Chuge Don was not too interested in. Wei Tenji did, however, have something to say in regards to that. "Removing them from their native lands would be far too much. If you must relocate them, there will be other nearby lands that the tribes are used to living on, and I am sure that those in charge of those lands would be willing to take the citizens in."

Meanwhile, Azix leaned over to Lagi and lowered his voice to a whisper so only he could hear. "You said you had another question for me? If it is something quickly discussed, I am interested to hear what you have to say, King Lagi."

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

“Roark would say in a clear but intimidating voice. “Try not to underestimate the power of the El Nagi clan, we can compensate. The return of these new species would greatly improve our power, as well as support the cause of improving Reim. However, sending the most talented of us would be weakening our army even more if we are already compromising with 30% of our forces.  I will allow it, only due to the fact that having three legend tamers is more than enough.  “ It was then Shylock’s turn to speak. “Fine, that should actually give us a chance to look at more talented individuals that reside in reim that we haven’t paid attention to before. Careers can be made when certain adjustments follow through in order for them to stand out more. “ Cassandra agreed with Wei Tenji on what to do with the natives. “As the neighboring country it is imperative that we maintain our civility at times like this.  It reflects greatly upon us as Reim citizens if we are able to relocate them too neighboring lands without any sort of additional conflict “

Lagi would add to that quickly before turning to Azix. "I changed my mind, id rather have land much more closer to my kingdom so the troops wont be far away. We dont need any more enemies......" Shylock was silent for a moment, and then he nodded. Roark and Cassandra had nothing to say. Lagi edged over to Azix  with his important question. “The individual that killed the leader Fanalis, do you know anything about that person?”

Lagi's Vault

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Just as the council seemed to come to an agreement, Lagi decided against obtaining a portion of the unclaimed lands west of Kou. Azix hid his surprise behind a neutral mask, Lagi had made a somewhat wise decision. While the Kou and Reim forces would have to mingle at some point, the unclaimed lands were not worth fighting for in Azix's eyes. The people who populated those lands for the most part kept to themselves as far as he knew, subjugating them after pillaging their lands seemed wrong. It would not only stir up anger towards Reim and Kou, it would displace people for no reason other than greed.

Hearing Lagi's question, Azix slowly shook his head, "I am sorry, your grace, but I am not aware of who they would be. I can assure you that I had nothing to do with it and that as far as I know, the people I have worked with were not involved." Azix paused and brought a finger to his lip, "If I had to guess with the knowledge I have of that fateful day, I imagine that the Contractor or Zhi had something to do with it. Especially the Contractor, in my experience, he is clever enough to pull a stunt like that. That is just my best educated guess." He honestly had no idea who had been involved with the Fanalis Corp massacre and had been too busy to look into it.

If Lagi was satisfied with Azix's answer, the orange magician would turn to the Council, "I am sorry to interrupt, but if that is all you have for me, may I take my leave?"

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

“Yes, you can go. Safe Travels Azix….” Lagi would say with a nod as he excused Azix from the premises. It seemed that the man had his work cut out for him; he shouldn’t be wasting his time in the council if he got the permission that he needed to help improve Reim. “So, I would think that’s not all we had to talk about today as our first council meeting right? We can talk about me obtaining lands much closer to Reim some other time, is there anything else that is worth bringing to my attention today?” Lagi was rather patient today.

Lagi's Vault

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ten Long spoke up, first. "Ah, I would like to make sure Sir Roark does not misunderstand what Chuge Don meant to say, earlier. It is not the capabilities and strength of the El Nagi clan that he was worried about; you have assured the council that their abilities are sufficient to retain safety in Reim while also having soldiers in the Mainland's forefront. The primary concern was the amount of capable teachers you would have had, were you of the mind to send many of your beast tamers, especially considering the number of applicants that Sir Shylock has alluded to... No matter how strong a man is, he cannot be in two places at once, and therefore cannot single-handedly shoulder the burdens of training so many recruits. That was the only concern from before; a moot point, now that King Lagi has chosen to rescind his interest in the offer."

Chuge Don shook his head once more, before speaking. "To be honest, though, I'm quite surprised to hear you change your mind so suddenly. A strange turn of events. No matter, you have shown your finality in the matter, so we will not make preparations to facilitate such a movement. I do regret to say that if you choose to change your mind a second time and decide to go for those lands in the future, the preparation time may take too long for you to achieve sufficient achievements in battle to obtain lands. The last bit we wanted to bring to the attention of the council is the security detachment for the Coronation ceremony and the after-party. Asides from King Lagi obviously being allowed to carry his weapons on his person, I would like to make sure that King Lagi may appoint a personal guard of his choosing to bare weapons as a safety measure, and for a few undercover security agents to be added to the whole ceremony. Including, of course, the Ball to be held afterwards. This is in addition to King Lagi's personal guard and his palace guard, with my aim being one or two of our security forces being there to assist and ease any tensions should problems arise with Kou diplomats." If his proposal of the two operatives being allowed as part of the security forces was allowed, the rest of the council members would not have anything else to discuss.

It was Chuge Don's desire to make sure that, in the event some member of Kou had ill intent, a Kou security force could take care of that individual so as to avoid a fanning of flames for hatred between the two peoples. Furthermore, it would serve as a means of allowing the two countries to work a bit better hand-in-hand, getting used to each others presence. He awaited King Lagi's decision on the matter.

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

With a bow, Azix thanked the Council and Lagi for their time before leaving the Council chambers. Today had been a victory for Azix's proposals, the beginning of a long process for setting up the initiatives. He allowed himself the feelings of joy until he stepped foot outside of the palace. From there, he set aside his emotions and put his focus on the upcoming things he would need to accomplish to further his goals. First, he would need to find willing people and the secure come connections to train those people. Azix mused to himself, 'The struggle truly never ends.'

-exit-

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Lagi nodded his head as he proceeded to get up. “I’m fine with this; I wouldn’t be surprised if there are few citizens that are so unhappy with me enough to plot my demise. I would say that it’s rather depressing, but think you on making the necessary security adjustments to ensure my safety. “Lagi would then follow up that small speech with a booming voice. “The council is now dismissed; I would like everyone to return to their duties until the next council meeting. Should any emergency decisions arise, I will send for you. That is all…..” Afterwards, Lagi would proceed to leave.

-exit

Lagi's Vault

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum