You are not connected. Please login or register

Kios: Chapter One/The Move[plot/private]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ariella nodded at Xenos' directions and grabbed the carpet, whistling at Nilexa so the winged serpent would follow. Once in the air, Nilexa curled up beside her on the carpet and they began the journey back to Remano. It was quiet, and the pitter patter of rain followed behind them, the storm moving slowly but building in intensity. She was glad to make it to the safe house just as a thunderclap shook the building and rain began pouring down. As she hurried inside, she was pleased to see Lavicus and his Lieutenants were holding a meeting. That would make this process a bit quicker.

They all looked up at her as she came in, drizzle in her hair.

"Hey boys! Sorry to interrupt the meeting, but Xenos and I have a rather exciting bit of news."

Lavicus nodded at her, to let her know he had been wrapping up the meeting anyway.

"Well, you know we have been concerned for your families. You do not have the safest profession, but we do not want your families to suffer because of it. The safe house will probably be moving soon. But for right now, we want to make sure your loved ones are well cared for. We found a place where they can be free of the city."

Most of the boys looked excited and worried at the same time. Octovius raised his hand and she nodded to him.

"But how can we keep an eye on them, then? And when will we see them? How far away are they gonna be?"

Ariella held up her hands as the other boys shouted out similar concerns, trying to quiet them so she could speak.

"You will be able to see them whenever, assuming you aren't working. They will be near a village called Kios. I will be there frequently to keep an eye on things, as well as Xenos. Plus, there is staff on the farm that will helping out to teach them how to run the farm themselves. Everything needed will be provided. So no need to worry about them going hungry or without a home. They will be safe and not too far away. It was the best solution we had for keeping them safe."

The boys hummed and nodded and thought over the proposition. Lavicus still seemed reserved about it, and she guessed it was because he and Sophie were quite close. She patted his shoulder in comfort, assuring him that she just wanted them to be safe.

"Now, if you all are agreeable to this idea, I am going to hire a caravan to help with the move. I need you all to get home and share this news with your families and then let me know how many people we are looking at here, so I know how many carriages to hire, okay?"

The boys offered a few more questions that she answered as best she could and then rushed them out the door. She wanted this done as quickly as possible, even if it was storming viciously outside.

---Later---

The rain had let up slightly as the boys came and went, giving her prospective numbers. Once the last one had stopped by, she went to the stables and began organizing everything while the families packed. They would be leaving in the morning, as the stable master did not want to risk the horses if it was not necessary. She thanked him profusely and offered him a small bonus if he would help the families load the carriages before taking the flying carpet and stopping at each house to let them know to be ready first thing in the morning.

The next morning rose bright and cheerful, the clouds from the night before gone. Ariella oversaw the loading of the carriages while Nilexa fluttered around, entertaining the small children. Once everything was loaded, she climbed into the front carriage, giving rough directions to the man driving the carriage. They set out as an easy pace, and Ari climbed into the back with Nilexa and the flying carpet, using the magical tool as a pillow to catch a nap, the night before being sleepless and full of activity trying to get everything organized and the safe house secured while most people were out of town.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Kios: Chapter One/The Move[plot/private] Ari%20Sigs_zpsn7c2bhju

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum