Tier: B
Cost: 30/15 Magoi Initial/Sustain
Element: Sound
Class: Supplementary
Range: 15 meter radius centered on self
Duration: 1-5 posts
Cool-Down:5-6 posts
Description:
The caster creates a sphere around himself that detects and relays all sound data that occurs within 15 meters of him. This includes direction, strength, tone, depth and any other variables a sound may be measured by. This information is provided in two ways: any information provided by the spell within 15 meters of the user is done so through synesthesia, in the form of transparent images that occur in the mind and are superimposed on the sight that can be seen. Any further data beyond the 15 meter radius is done through extrapolation, which measures the weakening of the sound within the sphere as the sound moves and can inform the user of the approximate direction and distance the sound originated from. This only takes into account relevant data that the spell can detect within its 15 meter radius. Ex. if there was a sound that came from 30 meters away, and there was a wall between the user and the sound at 25 meters away, the spell would not take into account that the sound traveled through a wall first, and would provide data as if the sound had come from a larger distance away. The user may choose to limit what kind of data is returned at time of casting. This information travels at a speed of 20m/s in front of whatever sound has entered the sphere. If an ability of higher speed passes through the sphere, the information trails behind the ability.

Yaku/admin/moderator staff: I don't know exactly how sensing illusions works, whether it be 1 tier below or same tier. Mind you, the sensing of illusions is not an intended effect, but a side effect of the initial command to gather information of all sounds that enter that 15 meter radius. IC, I won't realize this use until an illusion is cast and the difference is noticed. I'm expecting to see this during a mission with Azix.

Name: Controlled Sound
Tier: C
Cost: 20/10 Magoi Initial/Sustained
Class: Supplementary
Range: 20 Meters
Duration: 1-3 posts
Cool-Down:3-4 posts
Description:
The user is able to control sounds made by up to 10 sources for the duration of the spell. The source of the sound does not have to be within range, but the spell only makes changes to sounds from that source within the range of up to 20 meters. This can range from negating a sound, to enhancing a sound or muffling a sound, increasing or decreasing its measurable scalar variables by up to 10 meters and changing its vector variables by up to 15 m/s. As long as the sound is still within the range of this spell, it can be sustained at its original strength. This will not allow spells to move at a rate faster than 15 m/s.

Yaku, original credit goes to you for inspiring this idea. If you believe that it shouldn't be something I have, feel free to say so.

Name: Sound Inscription
Tier: D
Cost: 10 Magoi
Class: Supplementary (non combat)
Range: Close
Duration: 1 month(?)
Cool-Down: 2 posts
Description:
The user is able to inscribe a series of sounds onto a piece of wood that plays back to those within 10 meters. Once completed, it plays back in a loop from the beginning. Anyone who can see Magoi/Rukh would be able to see the manipulations placed on that piece of wood. The sound does not pass through walls, floors or ceilings. The sounds must be something the user can remember clearly, and for this reason is most often sounds heard by the user very recently. The more clearly the sounds can be remembered, the higher quality the playback of the sound. This spell takes time to cast (At least 1 minute), and is therefore not practical to use during combat. When the spell expires, while it is no longer able to playback the sound, the spell can be refreshed to continue playing back the sound it was inscribed with previously even if the sound was no longer remembered clearly. The sound can be activated or deactivated via a verbal command. The commands for activating the sound and deactivating the sound are spoken aloud during the casting.

Last edited by Garret on 27/07/14, 11:48 pm; edited 4 times in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNA2ZMQ1gZ0

Duquin

A-Tier
A-Tier
Sound Sphere
-The tier of an illusion is irrelevant. All that matters in this case is whether it is solid or not. Non-solid illusions would not show up under this spell whereas solid ones would.

And I'm not sure which spell you're accrediting to me. Neither of these look to be similar to any of mine.

Thank you all, for everything.
View user profile

Vardreth

Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Sound Inscription is SLIGHTLY similar to your Ice Inscription, in that it runs in a slightly similar way.

My wording on sound sphere is a little strange, let me change it a bit. It's supposed to detect whether a sound is made naturally, or through the manipulation of Magoi.

Duquin

A-Tier
A-Tier
Garret wrote:My wording on sound sphere is a little strange, let me change it a bit. It's supposed to detect whether a sound is made naturally, or through the manipulation of Magoi.

You wouldn't be able to determine whether or not sound was made naturally or from magoi. But as a magician you can see the rukh and would be able to determine whether or not they were under the influence of a magician's magoi/commands. You just need your spec to be 1 tier higher than an opponents sound illusion to be able to see through it making this ability redundant if that is indeed it's intended purpose.

It sounds a lot like radar right now.

View user profile

Vardreth

Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Yea, if you break it down to the very basics, it is like Radar. And okay, sounds good, if it works naturally like that then I'm fine having it not have that explanation. I'll edit that out.

Duquin

A-Tier
A-Tier
Sound Inscription
-Please just add some description to this for me. Like, does the soun auto-playback for an entire month? Is it triggered some how? I get the function of the spell which is fine but the execution and such are still a bit unclear.

View user profile

Vardreth

Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Didn't realize I could put in a command like that, bump for fixing it.

Duquin

A-Tier
A-Tier
Yakuroro wrote:Sound Inscription
-Please just add some description to this for me. Like, does the soun auto-playback for an entire month? Is it triggered some how? I get the function of the spell which is fine but the execution and such are still a bit unclear.

Sorry, I forgot to also ask what the spell looks like in the environment. You've got the technical effects suuuper detailed and that's great. But when I ask for the execution I mean what actions do you take casting it and what results would someone else see in the environment. Since it lasts a long time, other magicians or perhaps even non-magicians who approach later would be able to see it depending on how you word it.

View user profile

Duquin

A-Tier
A-Tier
Anyways, these are approved for training:
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Sound Sphere
[b]Tier:[/b] B
[b]Cost:[/b] 30/15 Magoi Initial/Sustain
[b]Element:[/b] Sound
[b]Class:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] 15 meter radius centered on self
[b]Duration:[/b] 1-5 posts
[b]Cool-Down:[/b]5-6 posts
[b]Description:[/b]
The caster creates a sphere around himself that detects and relays all sound data that occurs within 15 meters of him. This includes direction, strength, tone, depth and any other variables a sound may be measured by. This information is provided in two ways: any information provided by the spell within 15 meters of the user is done so through synesthesia, in the form of transparent images that occur in the mind and are superimposed on the sight that can be seen. Any further data beyond the 15 meter radius is done through extrapolation, which measures the weakening of the sound within the sphere as the sound moves and can inform the user of the approximate direction and distance the sound originated from. This only takes into account relevant data that the spell can detect within its 15 meter radius. Ex. if there was a sound that came from 30 meters away, and there was a wall between the user and the sound at 25 meters away, the spell would not take into account that the sound traveled through a wall first, and would provide data as if the sound had come from a larger distance away. The user may choose to limit what kind of data is returned at time of casting. This information travels at a speed of 20m/s in front of whatever sound has entered the sphere. If an ability of higher speed passes through the sphere, the information trails behind the ability.

[b]Name:[/b] Controlled Sound
[b]Tier:[/b] C
[b]Cost:[/b] 20/10 Magoi Initial/Sustained
[b]Range:[/b] 20 Meters
[b]Duration:[/b] 1-3 posts
[b]Cool-Down:[/b]3-4 posts
The user is able to control sounds made by up to 10 sources for the duration of the spell. The source of the sound does not have to be within range, but the spell only makes changes to sounds from that source within the range of up to 20 meters. This can range from negating a sound, to enhancing a sound or muffling a sound, increasing or decreasing its measurable scalar variables by up to 10 meters and changing its vector variables by up to 15 m/s. As long as the sound is still within the range of this spell, it can be sustained at its original strength. This will not allow spells to move at a rate faster than 15 m/s.

Bump when you edit the last one.

View user profile

Vardreth

Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
10/10

I fixed what you mentioned after having a good laugh at the whole situation. During our discussion, you've provided me with inspiration for what I want to do with this spell.

Duquin

A-Tier
A-Tier
Approved for training
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Sound Inscription
[b]Tier:[/b] D
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 Magoi
[b]Class:[/b] Supplementary (non combat)
[b]Range:[/b] Close
[b]Duration:[/b] 1 month(?)
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 2 posts
The user is able to inscribe a series of sounds onto a piece of wood that plays back to those within 10 meters. Once completed, it plays back in a loop from the beginning. Anyone who can see Magoi/Rukh would be able to see the manipulations placed on that piece of wood. The sound does not pass through walls, floors or ceilings. The sounds must be something the user can remember clearly, and for this reason is most often sounds heard by the user very recently. The more clearly the sounds can be remembered, the higher quality the playback of the sound. This spell takes time to cast (At least 1 minute), and is therefore not practical to use during combat. When the spell expires, while it is no longer able to playback the sound, the spell can be refreshed to continue playing back the sound it was inscribed with previously even if the sound was no longer remembered clearly. The sound can be activated or deactivated via a verbal command. The commands for activating the sound and deactivating the sound are spoken aloud during the casting.

View user profile

Vardreth

Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Duquin

A-Tier
A-Tier
The way you used this spell was more broad than it's description had led me to believe. Detecting heart beats in particular is where my concern lies. You may not use this spell to detect whether or not someone is lying through their heart beats. It's functionality should be limited to understanding your surroundings akin to radar as I mentioned earlier. Just keep in mind that you shouldn't be getting 101 uses out of one spell and that you should need an additional spell to use it in ways beyond simply collecting information about your surroundings.

That being said, training approved:

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Sound Sphere
[b]Tier:[/b] B
[b]Cost:[/b] 30/15 Magoi Initial/Sustain
[b]Range:[/b] 15 meter radius centered on self
[b]Duration:[/b] 1-5 posts
[b]Cool-Down:[/b]5-6 posts

View user profile

Vardreth

Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Duquin

A-Tier
A-Tier
Approved but never train a move like this again god damn you. Use different posts for training, not every other paragraph. This is cruel.

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Controlled Sound
[b]Tier:[/b] C
[b]Cost:[/b] 20/10 Magoi Initial/Sustained
[b]Range:[/b] 20 Meters
[b]Duration:[/b] 1-3 posts
[b]Cool-Down:[/b]3-4 posts

View user profile

Vardreth

Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

pre-approved

View user profile

Duquin

A-Tier
A-Tier
Training approved~ Are there any spells left?

View user profile

Vardreth

Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Nope~

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: