Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Job:
Job Name: Charming the Black Death
Job Rank: B
Job Location: Desert of Forgotten Souls
Job Rewards: 200xp / 15,000 Huang
Job Overview:
There is said to be a creature that has lived in the desert for nearly a hundred years. A giant serpent as black as night and a poisonous as nightshade. The serpent is nearly 40 meters long and 5 meters wide. It has black scales and blood red eyes. Those that wish to seek this creature need only to travel deep into the desert to a large canyon like area. Here is the den of the serpent. While during the day it burrows underground making it nearly impossible to pinpoint during the night it rest in the canyon grounds bathing in the moonlight. The creature is extremely agile for being so large and has the power to crush even boulders to pieces in a matter of seconds if it wraps around them.  Once the creature is underground it is extremely hard to find where it will remerge making it nearly impossible to fight during the daytime without the use of flying magic or magical objects. After one slays the creature remove one of its fangs in order to prove that you did kill the creature.

Enemies and abilities:
Spoiler:

Enemy Name:The Serpent
Needed damage to take down: 2 Alpha ranks worth
Abilities:
A massive creature 40 meters long that will deal natural B rank damage if struck head on by it or will deal Alpha rank damage if it is able to wrap around you. The serpent has a poison in its saliva that will cause extreme paralyses and organs to shut down if somebody is struck this damage is equal to Alpha rank damage. The creature moves at a speed of 15 m/s on ground and 20 m/s underground.

“Slim pickings…just my luck.” The redhead muttered under her breath while examining the job board for the third time over. Ayero had just made her way to Heliohapt, a journey that was ill-advised to take on foot so she had spent what little huang she had left on convincing a band of native merchants to take her with them. It was a safe journey though, and the merchants had provided her with food and water so she couldn’t complain. But now she was completely broke, unable to scrounge up enough to spend the night at the seediest inn. To top it off, all of the typical jobs had been taken by others already. No errands to run, no extra guard protection needed. Perfect.

These all seem pretty far out of my league…I can’t just walk away without at least trying something.

“Oi, what can you tell me about this creature?” She addresses a passing elderly man, gesturing to the flyer bearing a drawing of a large black serpent. “Oh my,” The man softly spoke and turned toward Ayero. “I’ve never seen it myself, but that creature makes its home in our deserts. Burrows underground and attacks passing travelers as well as our merchants.” The man reaches to stroke his beard in thought. “It’s been quite active recently, poisonous as heck too. If you’re planning on traveling, young lady, I’d do so at night. It sleeps above ground, or so I’m told.”

The elderly man continues on his way as she turns back to the job board. “Giant poisonous snake, hm?” She sighs and runs a hand though her hair feeling rather indecisive. I’m faster than the average person, perhaps speed is the key to defeating it? “Might as well try.” She mumbles, patting the hilt of her sword.

[298/1500]

──────────────────────────────────────────────

View user profile

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
It had been many cycles of moons rising and falling since Yakuroro had arrived in Heliohapt and yet he was still no closer to finding the Toran Remnants than he was when he started his search. To make matters worse, each expedition into the desert to look for ruins took its toll on his funds as lots of supplies were needed for each trip. Sure, the blue magician could produce his own water, but he had no aptitude for magically creating food and he needed oxen-led wagons to carry any artifacts or research materials found back to town. By the time Yakuroro paid off all the expenses for a trip his wallet was emptied and required new funds. Thus, the large Imuchakk found himself making his way to the job board once again in search of a posting that could provide him with enough financial support to cover his expenses for more than a single venture into the endless dunes.

Akatetsu, the lizard skinned bone skulled chimera Yaku adopted, was trotting alongside the Imuchakk with a happy look on its beasty face. The young Bonehead was also eager to take a new job as it usually meant he would get a chance to be useful to Yakuroro. The pair would arrive just as a young red headed beauty finished speaking to a passing old man. As the girl spoke to herself in thought, the shadow of the 8'2" Imuchakk would tower over her. Yakuroro's large hand reached out and pulled the Job posting, "Charming The Black Death" from the board and looked it over. "How does this one sound Tetsu? A giant poisonous snake shouldn't be too hard to handle, eh? Hahahaha." The confidence in his chuckle didn't stop Akatetsu from looking a bit concerned. He'd never seen a snake before but even the young beast knew that when Yakuroro got like this trouble was almost certain to follow. Little did the two know that they were about to snatch this job away from the young half Fanalis who was just then considering taking it...

~345/1500 Word Count~

Thank you all, for everything.
View user profile

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
As the shadow of the towering Imuchakk engulfed nearly the entire job board the young woman realized that she had taken just a bit too long to come to her decision. Wondering just what type of person would saunter over and take a job like this without a second thought, she turned on her heel to face the giant. Her stern expression melted into a look of startled curiosity and it took her a few moments to comprehend the size of the man looming above her. Could people really grow to be this large? Her eyes narrow in thought as she recalls a tale she’d heard in Balbadd several years ago about a race of giants populating the wild territories of the far north. She had taken it with a grain of salt of course, but this was the first time she had seen one in person.

Height and coloring aside, he didn’t exactly fit the description of the Imuchakk she had come to know. She eyed the robes he wore and the staff he carried with a mild curiosity.

…a magician? She’d come across a handful of magicians in her travels, but never one who was not human. Her attention is drawn to the small beast at his side who seemed a bit troubled at his companion’s choice in jobs. Again, this was a creature that she was unfamiliar with. Perhaps it lived in the desert sands? Focusing on the man once more she took a half-step back, not out of fear but in order to communicate easier with him.

”Excuse me,” She begins, regarding the Imuchakk with a firm tone. ”I believe I was about to take that job.”

[578/1500]

View user profile

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
"Gyaooo..." a slightly concerned growl came from the beast as a reply to Yakuroro's laugh which prompted the Imuchakk to raise an eyebrow. "What? You think we couldn't handle it? It can't be that danger-" The blue haired giant was interrupted by Ayero's words. The upset tone in her voice was what caught Yakuroro's attention causing him to turn and face her. Discerning eyes hidden behind a warm smile fell upon the half-fanalis and judged her silently while Yaku give a false impression of being a simple friendly person. This girl appeared to be strong, but also looked as though she had little experience with the world and how it worked. If you wanted a job you claimed it by taking it down from the board and complaining that someone beat you to it was generally frowned upon. But from the way Ayero was standing firm and confident of her right to take the job, the Imuchakk could tell that she was new to adventuring.

"Ah, sorry, sorry...But the first person to take a job posting down from the board is the one who claims the right to challenge it..." Yakuroro's tone was apologetic and he rubbed the back of his head as though he felt embarrassed and sorry for the trouble. "I can't hand the job over to you as I really need the reward money...Saaaay, how about you come with me? I'm sure I could use the help and we can split the reward!" Yaku made sure to give the proposal as if he just thought of it on the spot, but the truth was that his intentions had been decided upon before he ever even began speaking. If his hunch that this girl was a beginner was correct then he wanted to invite her to work with him if only to make sure she didn't get herself killed. It would have been a shame for someone so young and pretty to end up rotting in a ditch or otherwise end up as worm food.

Before he forgot, Yakuroro made sure to bow deeply and introduce himself. "I am Yakuroro of the Imuchakk. I'm a scholar from Magnostadt here in town to research ancient cultures." Akatetsu then jumped out from behind Yakuroro and wove while growling to introduce himself as well, "Gyao, gyao!" Yakuroro would then laugh heartily and patted the beast on the head, "Oh right, and this is Akatetsu. But I just call 'em Tetsu for short."

~758/1500~

View user profile

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Eyes narrowing in thought, the young woman ruminates on the man’s offer. Truthfully she was all but relieved that someone had offered her assistance even if it meant splitting the reward, which would be more than enough for her to get by for a few days in the least. She was well aware of her own limits but one couldn’t get much stronger by fending off the occasional thief or bandit. But then again, would the two of them be enough to take down the beast? She couldn’t fully judge the Imuchakk’s strength on appearance alone and the only information available on the serpent appeared to be rumors which carried the risk of being exaggerated. ”Yes…I believe that working together may be of benefit. I accept.” As confident as she was in her own abilities, Ayero was not above accepting help where she knew she would need it; she didn’t have her caravan family to look after her anymore.

Imuchakk. The name sounded familiar and she immediately connected it with the legends she had heard.”Yakuroro and Tetsu.” she repeats with a tilt of her head. ”I see. From what I understand, most magicians either stay in Academy City or work for a royal court rather than out in the field.” She puts a hand to her chin, gaze sweeping over the little beast to Yaku’s side. ”Ayero Shiiba of Reim.” Her introduction was less friendly and formal, but to her it was acceptable so long as it got the point across. ”Shall we?” The red head motions along the road that would lead them to the outskirts of the city.

Nights on the desert were both chilly and windy, thankfully she had the sense to purchase a more insulated cloak before making her journey. The material it was made of was also breathable as well, enabling her to travel during the more draining day time. ”You’re a scholar, right? Do you know anything about this serpent?”

[882/1500]

Last edited by Ayero on 08/07/14, 08:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added word cound)

View user profile

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
Yakuroro listened to the girl's response and comments on where magicians usually spent their time. He quickly but naturally made an effort to explain why he was an exception, "Ah, well there is only so much one can learn from behind Magnostatd's walls and I don't find life as a noble's lap dog to be very pleasant. Doing research abroad like this lets me see the world and I don't need to worry about someone powerful holding a leash around my throat." While these were true words, Yakuroro was simply trying to distract from the lie that he was affiliated with Magnostadt. While he had indeed traveled to the magician's city, Yakuroro was never actually accepted into the academy and left the country before he could ever truly affiliate with the grand school.

While Yakuroro covered up his story the young woman stroked her chin and seemed to be sizing him up along with Akatetsu. At last, she introduced herself albeit a bit informally, and suggested that they be on their way. When Ayero gestured for the road Yakuroro grinned a toothy smile and grasped the obi tied around his waist which was keeping his robes closed shut. "Ah, we'll be taking the high road to the beast." and with those words he tugged at the jade green fabric. The cloth sprung to life and unraveled from Yakuroro's waist before settling in mid air. It was a Magic Carpet.

Yakuroro had a subtle blush dusting his cheeks from the embarrassment of his muscular chest now being visible as his robes hung open, but at least he was still wearing pants and long sleeves to cover up the rest of his Imuchakk body. The magician hated people seeing his muscles and thinking that he relied on them which was part of why he usually wore such long robes, but since he used his flying carpet to keep them shut there was no helping the exhibitionism when flying. "Hope on, it wont bite." Yakuroro said with a smile as he jumped onto the carpet only to be joined by Akatetsu whom sat at the head of the carpet pointing eagerly in the direction they should go. "Gyao! Gyao!"

When everyone was aboard and Ayero had secured her traveling cloak, the carpet was off, flying through the air the the north east to the desert of forgotten souls. While on the way Yakuroro would turn to Ayero and ask, "So, what brings you to Heliohapt? I doubt slaying giant snakes is the reason why you're here."

~1181/1500~

View user profile

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
“The high road?”She repeats, not knowing exactly what it entailed but was wary nonetheless. Her gaze flickered when the man’s hand clasped at the cloth covering his waist and she reflexively shifts backward, eyes snapping wide open as the cloth appeared to be sentient, unwinding from the man’s robes and hovering in mid-air. This strange man certainly lacked no surprises. Is that…what I think it is? She had never been to Magnostadt where flying carpets were a part of everyday life—this was the first time she had seen something like this up close as magicians flying overhead rarely appeared in the sky. She couldn’t help but note the now visible muscled frame of the Imuchakk, at least he had some evidence of physical strength. She supposed it wouldn’t matter much when one primarily uses magic, anyway.

She eyes the floating carpet warily but pushes past her distrust, mounting the cloth sitting behind Yakuroro. As they ascend into the air she finds it easier to balance than expected, though she keeps her movements to a minimum while clasping the neck of her cloak shut in order to ward off the cool night air. She peers down to the desert, the sandy landscape blending into itself. Well, this certainly beat walking. She raises her head at the man’s inquiry and pauses to gather her thoughts. She had at least anticipated this question. “I've heard that there was an influx of jobs needed to be done. I suppose I’ve arrived here too late. That, and I’ve never been to Heliohapt before.” It wasn’t exactly a lie, however the main driving force behind making Heliohapt her next destination was an impending slave auction. She knew that the chances of seeing her brother there were slim to none, but she had no leads thus far and could at least try and gather information on the local slavery circuits. “I’m guessing you’re here for academic reasons?” She questions mildly.

1207/1500

View user profile

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
As the conversation began Yakuroro turned to sit sideways so he could easily face Ayero without having to show his exposed body. Akatetsu moved to sit between the two humanoids and plopped down on his hind end. A friendly smile and earnest eyes void of ill intent formed behind the boneheads mask making it almost look like a human child. It was clear the young beast meant their guest no harm but he was staring at her intently the entire time Ayero was speaking. When she finished explaining her purpose there the creature turned to his father figure and growled once in a confident tone. "Gyao!" The Imuchakk then smiled at the chimera and pat its head. Akatetsu's eyes then lit up like he had just accomplished a great feat before relaxing into enjoyment of his father's praise. Yakuroro had begun testing the beast and it had judged Ayero to be hiding something. The Imuchakk shared this impression although he had no way to know for sure. One does not leave home to simply do jobs slaying beasts...there had to be more behind her story but for now there was no reason to press.

Yakuroro was content to simply test Ayero's potential and she if she had what it took to survive on her own. So instead of prying into her secrets he simply smiled at her and waited for her to have a turn at questioning. The one she chose was delightfully geared towards Yakuroro's research. "Finally~ Someone who appreciates academics!" Yaku mentally cheered as he jumped to conclusions and assumed Ayero was a bit of a book worm herself. While the half-fanalis had hinted towards no such thing, such was the result when Yakuroro thought someone was taking an interest in his research. "Precisely! I came here because I heard that there were lost temples of the Toran Civilization hidden away in the Desert of Forgotten Souls. I've yet to find any leads but I'm confident I can find them!" Yaku was genuinely pleased with himself and let an innocent but self absorbed smile similar to what you might see on a baby's face appear for a brief couple seconds.

Yakuroro quickly regained his composed and cleared his throat, "Ahem...Anyways, I think your the first person who hasn't asked me if I was entering the dungeon. You aren't one of those crazy folk looking to challenge one, are you?"

~1500+/1500~

View user profile

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Ayero hadn’t minded when the bonehead moved to sit between the two, however it’s constant gaze did unnerve her a bit. Her blank expression gave way to a curiously arched brow at what had happened next, not understanding the meaning behind what appeared to be Tetsu’s triumph. Shrugging it off for the moment, she made a mental note to be on her guard—not that she wouldn’t around a mysterious stranger and a dangerous snake—but this man seemed to be more than reached the eye and she wasn’t positive of his intentions, friendly as he and his companion were.

She raises the other brow as the Imuchakk gushes over his studies, his reaction not an entirely unexpected one. If one wanted to study ancient culture then Heliohapt would be a prime destination being one of the oldest known civilizations. “I’d hazard a guess that you know quite a few stories surrounding it, then.” Heavy research into a simple subject wasn’t something she had considered, nor that she had never really needed. She preferred to gain her cultural knowledge through folklore and marveled at how the same tales could change from city to city or even tribe to tribe. In the same thought she wondered how well the stories of these people were preserved, but decided not to pursue it in the end.

Yakuroro’s inquiry about the dungeon caught the woman off guard. “I wasn’t aware.” She confesses…perhaps she had heard of Caim in the idle chatter of passers-by but couldn’t bring the dungeon to mind. “I’ve no intent to.” She muses, entertaining the thought of wielding a great dijinn’s power for a moment. Her eyes catch the sight of a plume of sand in the distance and her hand instinctively reaches to grasp at the handle of her weapon. Something was approaching at an alarming speed and she had no doubt as to what it was.

[1500+/1500]

View user profile

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
In response to Ayero's question regarding Yaku's knowledge of stories surrounding the Toran he regretfully had to inform her, "To be honest I don't know many stories surrounding them. It's part of why I chose to do my research here." But it was a relief to know that she had no intentions of entering the dungeons Caim or Bifrons. The last thing Yakuroro needed was to worry about another young adventurer looking to cast themselves into the maw of those dangerous gates to nightmares. But it would soon become evident that there were more pressing and present dangers on the horizon as a large cloud of sand and dust billowing upwards came into view. Yakuroro grasped his unicorn horn staff and stood up on the flying carpet as Akatetsu began to growl, "Gyao! Gyao!"

"I think you're right Tetsu, looks like we've found our prey!" The Imuchakk shouted as the carpet flew straight towards the approaching beast. The snake was huge, at least forty meters long and far bigger than any spell Yakuroro possessed. The plume of sand died down and settled over the snake like a blanket basking its cold blooded body in warmth. "I'm going to bind it's movements as best as I can. Use that chance to strike...Deep Freeze." Yakuroro warned to Ayero as he lowered the carpet from its safe place high above the ground and sped downwards towards the great serpents head. While they moved a large mass of water began to gather and form at Yakuroro's staff as he fed it magoi.

A small circle of sand was blown away as the carpet suddenly stopped just a few meters above the ground right in front of the snake's face. The serpent opened it's eyes and blinked at the strange sight before it as Yakuroro pointed his staff forwards. The giant beast reared its head back and then launched forwards aiming to strike at the foolish creature floating before it. But the cold blooded monster would find that IT was the foolish one. Its strike moved head first into Yakuroro's spell with covered the snake in water that then hardened to solid ice. The ice only stretched to cover half of the giant snakes body so it still had some limited movement. It's frozen head rushed past where the magic carpet had been only moments ago before flying to the side in anticipation of the attack. "Now! Attack while its mouth is still frozen shut!"

Magoi/Stamina: 220/250
Spoiler:
Name: Deep Freeze
Tier: B
Cost: 30 Magoi
Element: Ice | Water
Class: Supplementary
Range: 20m
Duration: 4 posts
Cool-Down: 5 posts
Description: The caster uses water magic to gather a large 15m blob of water and then sends it towards a target at a speed of 20m/s. Upon catching someone, the sphere of water quickly centers itself on its prey and then the entire thing freezes over solid. The tomb of ice will last for 4 posts and freeze the targets entire body. C-tier heat magic and above can thaw the deep freeze sooner.

View user profile

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Her teeth grit together as her hands clench at the fabric beneath her, unused to such movements but is balanced enough to be able to keep herself steady. The great black snake was even more massive than she had imagined, it was clear that the old man had not exaggerated in his description. Her breath hitches in her throat as the beast slows to a stop. How on earth were they supposed to take on this? Thankfully, her thoughts are interrupted by Yakuroro’s suggestion before she can let the nerves get to her. Nodding in understanding, she draws the long sword and angles it behind her, her other hand still gripping the carpet.

Her eyes don’t leave her opponent even as the Imuchakk gathers water for his attack, though she can spy it out her periphery. While Yakuroro was readying his spell, Ayero busied herself with trying to visually examine the weak points of the serpent. It was easier to plan for on a human, however she wasn’t well acquainted with the anatomy of giant snakes. What she did know was that she couldn’t waste this chance that Yakuroro afforded her by being careless. As the snake moved into the Imuchakk’s trap, her eyes widened in the realization of how his power completely outclassed her own. ”Understood!”She leapt off the carpet and into a sprint, the loose sand slowing her movements somewhat. Her talwar couldn’t pierce the ice encasing part of the beast’s body, nor would it have been a good idea to.

Angling her blade sideways, the half fanalis jabs at the skin of the snake aiming to puncture it’s skin. A few drops of blood are her reward and she frowns to herself, moving further down the creature’s body to perform another stab. Again, only a slight trickle of blood is produced. Frustrated, she stabs her blade about a foot lower into the skin of the beast which finally produces a more pleasing result in the form of a mild stream of blood. Wasting no time, she pulls her sword from the wound and hurries her way down the serpent’s side, dotting the length of it’s core with shallow wounds. It wasn’t much, but she had found a major blood vessel—hopefully the combinations of small wounds would weaken the creature through blood loss eventually. Satisfied for the moment, she returns to the safety of the carpet.

Stamina: 60/80
Spoiler:
Name: Osoishi
Tier: C
Cost: 20 stamina
Weapon Type: Talwar
Class: Offensive
Range: Close
Duration: 3 posts
Description: The user performs a series of 7-10 quick jabs at the opponent at 15 m/s, aiming to make shallow cuts into major blood vessels (neck, chest, abdominal etc.) The opponent receives minor C-tier damage only when all 10 jabs are received, any less and only D-tier damage is dealt

View user profile

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
The snake contorted the unfrozen part of it's body and squirmed about as the half fanalis ran along side the serpent stabbing away at it's flesh. Part the beast's body thrashed about and the back end came swinging around to crash into the girl but Yakuroro was there to watch her back. As the tail whipped forwards Yakuroro drew a curve through the air while pouring magoi into his staff as he commanded the rukh to form sharpened ice.  Another swipe of Yakuroro's wand would send the newly formed ice blade flying through the air as the Imuchakk declared the name of his spell, "Glacial Arc!" The frozen arc of destruction would crash into the serpents body before it could smash Ayero and forced it's tail to recoil long enough that the halfling finished her assault. Yakuroro flew near by and shouted, "Jump on!" stopping only just long enough for her to embark onto the flying carpet once more before flying upwards.

They moved above the serpent just in time to avoid the snake's body lashing against itself where they had been only a moment early. Any slower and the group would have found themselves crushed but for now they were still alive and had honestly done little more than annoy the creature. Yakuroro tried aiming his staff for the serpents body and fired another spell, "Frozen Horn!" forming an ice spear from jagged clusters of icicles but the attack would only stab a moderate wound into its target. "We're safe from it's attacks for now, but it doesn't seem like we are making much progress. I don't know anything about snake bodies so I don't even know where to aim for vital organs...any ideas?" Yakuroro asked as he looked down upon the great serpent which was still writhing about helplessly trying to free its face from the agony of its frozen prison.

Magoi/Stamina: 170/250
Spoiler:

Name: Glacial Arc
Tier: B-tier
Cost: 30 Magoi
Element: Ice
Range: 20m
Duration: Instant
Description: The user swipes their staff horizontally through the air leaving a curving arc of ice in its wake. The arc grows to be 5 meters wide and sharpens before flying towards a target at 20m/s. On impact the ice blade will break bones and cut deeply into flesh.

---

Name: Frozen Horn
Tier: C
Cost: 20 Magoi; 10 sustained
Element: Ice
Range: Self
Duration: 3 posts
Cool-Down: 3 posts
Description: The caster manifests ice from water in the atmosphere around their staff in the shape of a sharpened Rampaging Unicorn Horn. This ice coating will deal C rank cutting damage on a clean hit but will shatter in contact with an equal ability or two D-tiers.

View user profile

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
She was aware of the risk carried by being so close to the freely moving part of the serpent’s body, so it wasn’t much of a shock when the it’s heavy tail came swinging towards her. Had she noticed immediately she may have been able to avoid the assault if the ground beneath her feet had not been so loose. Luckily the beast was temporarily intercepted by Yakuroro’s ice magic, allowing the halfling to inflict a few more wounds into the creature’s blood vessel before her arm began to strain from the pressure of cutting through the skin. ”Thanks.” she breathes as the carpet ascends upwards and away from the thrashing beast. She had certainly would have been crushed if not for the Imuchakk’s intervention.

Silently observing as Yakuroro conjures another spell, she wonders how long he’d be able to keep this up before tiring. She’s aware that her own stamina isn’t fantastic , but at least the tension in her dominant arm is beginning to ebb away. Her lips purse into a thin line as she watches the creature struggle in what she assumed to be confusion and possibly pain. ”Those incisions I made are along one of it’s major blood vessels. It’s lucky that I was able to find it quickly.” She explains, eyeing the shallow wounds as some of the deeper cuts begin to seep blood. ”If we cause as much damage to it as we can, it could weaken or die from bleeding out.” She pauses, taking in the whole of the snake’s giant body. ”The only other place I know of that would carry a larger blood vessel is the neck. But a close range attack might be impossible with it moving around.”

View user profile

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
The great serpent was beginning to kick up more dust like before when they'd first seen the beast as it's tail violently lashed out. The flying carpet would move out of the way in time, but the air pressure from the whip like movement made the magical device unstable for a moment. Yakuroro looked down and squinted his eyes trying to spot the wounds Ayero had inflicted. They were indeed bleeding but the creature was massive and in the end those were like mere drops in an ocean. It wouldn't be surprising if those wounds clotted and stopped bleeding before Yakuroro's ice even melted, an event which was likely going to be happening soon as the film of frozen water covering the serpent's upper body was already beginning to crack in some places. Thankfully its mouth was still frozen shut which meant it couldn't use its tongue to locate their position so the monster was still attacking blindly.

When Ayero gave her thoughts there was pause as Yakuroro's mind raced and raced around one word she had mentioned..."carry"...The rest of her makeshift plan was drowned out by Yakuroro making calculations in his mind to see if his idea was viable. "Do you trust me?" Yakuroro would ask with his back turned as he finally decided on how they were going to take the snake out. "We can't afford to drag this out. My ice is already starting to break...We need to end this with the next attack if we want to avoid facing the serpent's poison filled fangs." The Imuchakk would then wait for the half-fanalis' answer. If she agreed to trust him then Yaku would raise his staff and give a stern command to the rukh, "Deep Blue!"

A large amount of water began to gather at the tip of Yakuroro's staff with frightening speed. The already dry air would seem to dry out even further as Yakuroro pulled as much moisture from the atmosphere as he could to form a massive sphere of water floating in the air next to the carpet. Inside the sphere were two swirling currents dancing around each other. "Jump in! I'll aim, you just hold your sword out in front of you and worry about surviving!" There wasn't much information about just what Yakuroro's plan was from those instructions but urgency made him forego details in favor of being direct and fast.

Should Ayero listen to the Imuchakk and enter the water sphere she would quickly find herself picked up by the currents inside. "I hope you took a deep breath..." Yakuroro would mutter to himself as he made both the currents merge together. For Ayero it would a very disorientating experience as the wild currents would make up and down hard to discern while they tossed her about inside the sphere. Yakuroro had to wait for the timing to be right so Ayero's orientation would be facing the snake. The Blue magician prayed for the rukh to guide him as he watched Ayero's movement and finally guided the currents downwards at full speed. The halfling would eventually find herself launched out of the water sphere at high speeds heading right for the serpent's head just as the beast broke free from its icy prison. There was enough force and speed behind her that she would be able to slice through the monster's thick scales and it was stuck in place out of confusion for a brief moment. Now was the time for Ayero's blade to strike true.

Magoi/Stamina: 130/250
Spoiler:
Name: Deep Blue
Tier: A
Cost: 40; 20 Sustained
Element: Water
Class: Offensive/Supplementary
Range: 40m
Duration: 5 posts
Cool-Down: 7 posts
Description: The caster summons a massive 25 meter diameter sphere of water gather overhead or around themselves. So long as the user is standing still and has hold of their staff they can move this sphere of water within a 40m range of themselves at a speed of 25m/s. The waters inside the sphere are a all perfectly calm save for two 3m diameter currents. The caster can control the movements of these two currents within the sphere by making intricate movements with their staff. The currents flow at 15m/s and crash into underwater targets with B-tier force. Being swept up by the current alone does not deal damage. Broken bones and deep cuts will be the resulting injuries, but only if the target is forced into something solid by the current such as the ground or a wall. B-tier abilities and higher can be used to break free from the currents and displace enough water to take a breath, however so long as the caster has their staff and is sustaining magoi, the water sphere will fully reform in 1 post. Heat Magic Spells must be Ω-tier to evaporate enough water to break free where as lightning magic will hit anyone inside the water as if it were one tier higher. Non-Imuchakk caught in the spell can only hold their breath for two posts before blacking out and will drown if they are still in the water for a full third post.

View user profile

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Exhaling sharply as the carpet jostled from the wild current, the woman’s free hand once again clenches at the fabric for stability. Their combined attacks had barely put much of a dent in the beast whose thrashing became more violent as it strove to escape the ice surrounding it’s head and upper body. It seemed to be working too as the ice was beginning to vein with cracks in some of the thinner spots. It wouldn’t be long before the creature’s vicious lashing would break through the icy hold completely. The half-fanalis bit her lip in frustration, wondering if a job like this would be worth all of the Huang in Heliohapt. She raises her head at the sudden question, partially relieved that he had an idea but figured that it would come with some sort of risk.

Her head tilts down in a nod of agreement. Even she could see that it was imperative that they take this thing down while it was still handicapped, considering how much worse off they’d be had the Imuchakk not coated it’s head in ice from the start. ”I don’t really have choice.” Whatever Yakuroro was planning she’d simply have to trust in, as skeptical as she was of the situation as a whole. ”Worry about—?!” The halfling nearly gawks at the enormous sphere of water. ”He wants me to jump into that thing…? Those currents will tear me to shreds—! … …Whatever this is, it’s probably the best chance we’ve got.” Heeding the magician’s words she inhales deeply and closes her eyes before holding the talwar out in front of her body and leaping into the water.

It was a terrifyingly surreal experience being trapped in the currents and she could do little more than concentrate on remaining calm and pray that whatever Yakuroro was planning would work. The sudden change of force now coming from one direction instead of all sides startles her eyes open and she finds that she can now breathe again. There was little time for that though as she could barely comprehend that her body had be propelled from the sphere of water and was rocketing toward the neck of the serpent. Just as the angry beast rears it’s head, Ayero’s blade makes contact with the more vulnerable underside of the snake’s neck, dragging deeply along the width of it. Aware enough to use her legs to brace her landing on the sand, Ayero collapses almost immediately from the muscle fatigue of being pulled around by the strong currents.

View user profile

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
The Imuchakk watched as Ayero flew through the air like a bullet and cut deeply into the great serpent's flesh. The desert monster writhed in agony and thrashed about after receiving the blow but it was only a matter of time before it lost energy and slowly came to dead stillness of a corpse. Yakuroro's water spell had already been released and splashed onto the sand dunes only to be absorbed by the never quenched thirst of the desert that swallowed up so many lives. The flying carpet rushed over to Ayero who landed from the attack with a painful looking crash. "Gyaaao!" Akatetsu gave a worried cry as they approached. Yakuroro peered over the carpet curious to see how the halfling was doing and smiled when he saw that she was relatively fine. "Looks like you fanalis are pretty durable."

The magician reached out with a hand offering to help Ayero back onto the magic carpet so they could fly back to town and collect their reward.

---Exit---

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum