Supplies

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Supplies Empty Supplies 07/07/14, 03:41 am

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

What I'm bringing Along:

Garret went back to Lieutenant Acius' central operations headquarters at the port city in order to bring in the monthly activity reports from his cell of operatives. As always, the Inn keeper nodded to him as he passed by to go down into the cellar where their group held their meetings.

Garret approached the Lieutenant and bowed. "The reports, Sir." He respectfully handed him the sealed papers.

"Good work as always, Garret. It's no wonder the spymaster recommended you for a promotion a while back. Keep it up, and I wouldn't be surprised to see your operative status increase here soon." Acius was a very strict man, originally working as a military officer, but was in command of the Zou operations based in Reim due to his exceptional skill in logistics.

"Thank you for the compliments, Sir." Garret was respectful with the man. Not only due to the fact that he was his superior, but also because he was a pillar of support during the trying times Garret's cell was going through. Garret was beginning to believe that, perhaps, life wasn't so terrible. There were definitely those out there trying to cause trouble, but Garret was slowly having more and more supporters as he continue his jobs. A strange feeling.

"Speaking of the rate of work you've been at, and the attention you've garnered, Seviticus has been asking for you." Acius laughed deeply. "He's been at his work with renewed vigor. Whatever it was you spoke to him about before had changed him, somewhat. He wants you to get certain tools and samples from the mine we had kidnapped him from. You're familiar with the location, of course. Here's the details; you're now an official member of the Reim excavation team." Acius slid a portfolio over to Garret, who stifled a groan.

There were operations Garret had to run over in his Cell. He'd have to leave that to Azix. Garret read through the portfolio; there was a precise drawing of the equipment he was to be obtaining for the man, a box of some sort, as well as how much and of what he was supposed to smuggle for Seviticus. There weren't many things here, just two items; something called saltpeter and sulfur. He was to fill a couple bags with it each day and drop it off at a dead drop. It was the same drop point that was used when they had picked Seviticus up in the first place.

"Off I go then, I suppose." Garret left, moving out in order to do a job he didn't quite want to do. It's likely important, however it doesn't have the same feel as what I'm used to. In truth, the job was something he felt others should be doing, but it seemed as if Seviticus had asked for him specifically.

Garret showed up for his first scheduled day of work. As a the new guy, a more experienced individual helped him out. "We're going to be harvest the manure from the horses, as well as their urine, and mixing it over there." The veteran employee at the excavation site continued to explain to him the processes of what they were working with. They would shovel and move about the ground that they had been working on, which would eventually make what is called saltpeter. It was critical that the work was kept out from water, and required special care.

Garret wrinkled his nose, and the man laughed. "Don't worry, you'll get used to it." I hope I never get used to it... Shouldn't be here for that long, anyway. Garret toiled away. It was a hard days work, and the workers headed to their quarters to get some rest. Garret woke up in the middle of the night and made his way outside.

"Where ya goin?" A guard asked.

"Need to piss." Garret used coarse language, waving to the man. He hurried to the finished product and bagged up several bags worth of the stuff and slipped off into the forest to the dead drop and picking up the new bags for future trips back. On his way back to the camp he circumvented the guards and entered from the side of the tent and got into bed.

The next few days were spent working hard. Every opportunity he had, he passed the materials along.

One day, he was approached by the foreman of the group. "Max has reported sick today, from the mining group. I'm going to need you to help out over there."

Garret simply nodded and followed the man's orders. This part of the job was located closer to the volcano, where they would be harvesting the sulfur deposits within the mine. Garret was once again given instructions on how to go about his job, and was told to put it in the cart and push it out once it was full. "You repeat this process until you've transported 600 pounds of the materials, and you can call yourself a regular." The burly man slapped Garret on the back. "And be careful, don't want to get buried. Work with me for a bit until you get the hang of it."

The work was exhausting, and Garret could not make it to the drop point to smuggle any of the stuff out that day. The previous man had died, looked like from breathing in too many fumes from the volcano. Garret was to pick up the slack in their group. The older miner came up to him. "Ah, I'm sure you heard about how the other guy died. Just be careful and don't breathe in the fumes, you'll be fine."

The work was exhausting, and Garret kept losing the chance to smuggle the stuff for the first half of the week he worked there. Eventually, however, he was able to save enough strength in order to begin.

His last day at the camp was coming soon. Garret, during the past few weeks, had been working on his plan to get into the foreman's tent for the box. He approached the saltpeter in the early morning, before most of the workers woke up. He cast Water Douse on the area, pulling the water up to ruin the work on the saltpeter. Sneaking back to the tent, he pretended to just wake up and walked out of the tent.

"Mornin'." Nodding to the guard, Garret walked over to a fire pit and started the fire, warming himself up. The others began to wake up, and ate breakfast. Instead of going off to work like he normally would, Garret reported to the head foreman that he was having a hard time breathing, and wanted to rest for the day, without pay.

The foreman frowned but before he was able to say anything, a worker ran in. "Sir, the saltpeter... It... It's overrun with water!"

"Damn it," the foreman swore, "show me the way, quickly. Garret, stick to your tent for the day. I'll need your help with the saltpeter tomorrow." They both left the tent in haste, running to the field that had the saltpeter.

Garret made his way out through the normal means of the back side of his tent. He got to the dead drop point and continued, box in possession, to report his success to Lieutenant Acius and deliver the box to Seviticus.

OOC: 180/200 Magoi, Word Count 1229/1000

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum