You are not connected. Please login or register

Black Kings Event: Challenger's Ambition

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

((Please start keeping track of the magoi/stamina you've used up to this point and from here on as combat is beginning and this is not a training thread where you have an infinite supply. You can consider your supply refreshed from when Basil healed you so the fatigue from your first battle has already recovered.))

As Lagi entered the forest the chattering of the Ronin Bug's teeth would echo from every direction as the sound bounced off of the thick trees and dense canopy. Kohai was taking his time as he trailed deeper into the woods making sure to leave behind plenty of signs of where he had gone for Lagi to follow. Broken twigs, leaves that were crushed under foot, and of course foot print's themselves. Even if Lagi had no tracking skills, the path Kohai had taken would still be clear to an untrained eye. This was obviously a trap, but then again...there was no other way to obtain the compass if Kohai was not defeated.

"There is no hope for you or your future Lagi..." The voice of Lagi's target echoed over the Ronin Bug's chattering. It seemed as though he were speaking from multiple places at once as the shinobi-like warrior taunted his opponent. "I don't know what happened the past few days that made you so much more confident in yourself. But it doesn't change what you are...what you have always been...You are nothing more than a blight upon your father's legacy. A mistake that was cast out. You're a fool if you think this dagger is all it will take to led our people..." Then there would be silence from the man as well as his beast symbiote which took to quiet quivering to let its maser know how close Lagi was getting.

Kohai was trying to taunt Lagi into responding with a speech of his own, but even if the boy didn't start monologuing it would already be too late for him so long as he was following the signs Kohai had left behind. The trail would suddenly end about 20 meters into the forest as if Kohai had simply vanished. But the Nagi Ourai leader had instead used Light Treading to walk up one of the nearby trees and hang upside down from one of its many branches where leaves and shadows would obscure him from view while also keeping him save from Lagi's avian predator flying above the trees. Should Lagi be following the trail, Kohai would wait for the moment he reached its end before dropping down on him from above.

"Die like the runt of the litter you are!" Kohai shouted as he kicked off the branch sending himself flying downwards towards Lagi from a height of 20m at 15m/s. He was using Pircing Focal Point and aimed the stab for Lagi's skull hoping to violently tear it upon with his attack. There was enough time to move out of the way if Lagi was sharp enough to notice the attack, but it would be a close call if he did.

Spoiler:
Piercing focal point- A strong stab strike at c rank speed, but Kohai puts all his strength into the attack, which will do b rank strength.

---

Active effects- Light treading- tamer master symbiote host can walk on walls and water. doesn't effect things that can actually hurt you *Cant walk on fire or lightning or air. does not give him an additional speed tier either*

View user profile

Lagi

Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Lagi started to follow the trail that was left behind by Kohai; he was making it rather obvious to track him. Still, Lagi was determined to get the compass and continued to whistle in a carefree tone. Sure, that could bring about the illusion that lagi was cocky and had nothing to worry about, but  it was all prior to the previous instructions that he gave his avian partner moments before. Zygus was homing in on the sound of Lagi’s tune, a sudden stop would mean that he made contact with the enemy and Zygus was free to act on his own at that point. It’s the beauty of being an  El Nagi dominance tamer, the intelligence of the beasts reach even more heights than expected. However, he was facing someone even more skilled.

Kohai started to taunt Lagi, but Lagi continued to whistle. He wasn’t going to fall into the same method of psyching someone out, Lagi wasn’t the same man that he used to be. Even though his whistling gave off a carefree tone, the visual stance and look on Lagi’s face said otherwise. He took this very seriously, and he wasn’t about to have his life end anytime soon.   To be on the safe side, lagi took a second to have dark metal vessel take on its weapon form. “Rebel, Balek.” Lagi’s black metal vessel was in its weapon form now after he whispered the chant, but the blade remained hidden. It looked like nothing more than a gauntlet bracer for the time being. He continued his whistling and followed the trail until the last words of Kohai’s dialogue.

Die like the runt of the litter you are!"

Lagi stopped whistling as he noticed that the sound of Kohai’s voice actually came upward. He was alert and needed to hatch a plan quick. The fact that he stopped whistling was actally a marker of Lagi’s last location, so Zygus would provide backup soon. However, the problem that Lagi had to face was the incoming attack of Kohai, which Lagi caught a glimpse of due to Peripheral Vision. With some quick thinking, Lagi used his Angelic Brace to call upon the power of light. A bright gold light generated from Lagi's body, creating a banging sound in the process. The light wave generated was spreading as far as 30 meters from where Lagi is currently located, generated at the speed of 20 M/S. As for the effects, the bright light and loud bang causes the status effects of blindness for 5 posts.

With the loud bang in place, there was a hypothetical chance that Kohai would make any extra movements in response to the surprise attack. The sudden case of blindness would make anyone discombobulated, as well as the ronin bug.  The bang would also occupy the ears of Kohai  and the Ronin bug for a brief moment. In any case, this was a risky trade off that Lagi was going to take.  Lagi was going to move to the right barely and swing his right arm around to Kohai’s throat.  He was determined to take the attack right in the left shoulder if it landed properly, but Lagi was going for the kill. Within these crucial seconds, lagi flicked the wrist of his right hand, which extended the hidden blade; this is approximately 1 foot and 9 inches long.  Being in close combat range, it was a sure kill if successful.  

Stamina- 205/250

Abilities used
Spoiler:
Baelk weapon form 10 stamina activation and 5 stamina upkeep.

Name: Hamon, Light Bang
Tier: B
Cost: 30 Stamina/ 15 stamina per post
Element: Light
Class: Offensive
Range: 30 Meters
Duration: 4 posts
Cool-Down: 5 Posts
Description: By calling upon the power of light by using the angel brace, a bright gold light will generate from Lagi's body, creating a banging sound in the process.The light wave generated will be in the form of an AOE, spreading as far as 30 meters from where Lagi is currently located, generated at the speed of 20 M/S. As for the effects, the bright light and loud bang causes the status effects of blindness for 5 posts.

OOC Reasoning:
Spoiler:
Not much here, continued with the plan of whistling  to give Zygus my location from within the forest. Took a second to whisper the chant for Baelk during Kohai's dialogue, still kept the hidden blade ...well....hidden..

The blindness and etc... but if damage calculation does occur properly regardless of the sudden blindness and bang that Kohai and the ronin bug experienced and still attacks with focal point properly. The B rank damage to my shoulder would tear straight through the muscle and nick the bone of my shoulder. But ill swing around with the right arm during that cross counter exchange to bring my right hand closer to the neck, then flick my wrist to  release the hidden blade to pierce the throat of kohai with c rank damage to the throat.

Zygus is aware of my location because i stopped Whistling and is preparing for Aerial support.

3000/3000

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Lagi's Vault
View user profile
((You don't need to deduct the sustained cost for anything on the turn you activate it. That cost is for each turn you keep it active after the first.

Also, you require B-tier damage to defeat Kohai, so this isn't over yet even though your attack succeeded and Kohai is not long for this world.

Also, I won't penalize you on this this time. But when you use that light bang ability in the future you need to cover your own eyes otherwise you'll be hit by your own attack. I imagine that isn't what you want happening so I'll assume you did it this time lol But forget to mention it in a dungeon or something and you'll be blinded as well.))

The stealth attack was foiled by the sudden explosive burst of light, but it still succeeded to an extent resulting in a nasty wound being dealt to Lagi's shoulder, but Kohai did not expect him to have taken the attack on purpose. The shinobi landed on the ground in front of Lagi with his kunai still dug deep into the man's shoulder when the unexpected attack came. A simple stab, but effective as any advanced sword technique, the hidden blade dealt a moderately deep wound to Kohai's neck. Blinded from the light bomb, Kohai would jump backwards from Lagi throwing his kunai at the beast tamer with one hand while the other swiftly moved to press on the quickly bleeding wound at his neck. Kohai could have had the Ronin bug heal his injury but right now Kohai was angry and blind and all he wanted was to kill Lagi. "Damn you, cursed child!" The Ronin Bug, blinded though it may have been, sprayed a thick stream of Sticky Tar forwards where Lagi had just been and turned its head so it would spread the goop from side to side hoping to trap its target in place so they would both be disabled to some degree.

Spoiler:
Sticky Tar [B]: The Ronin bug will shoot a Black tar like goop from its mouth at B rank speed. It doesnt do any damage in particular, but will stick to the opponent and hold them down to whatever theyre near, with b rank strength for about two posts max if . The range of the tar shot is 15 meters.

View user profile

Lagi

Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Lagi was definitely feeling it in his shoulder, but he managed to get a hit on Kohai. He only needed one more push to get him.  Kohai threw the dagger at lagi, but the lack of vision made Kohai aim at a less lethal place, which would pierce him at his left thigh and deal c rank damage. The pain was excruciating but lagi didn’t cry out, he didn’t want to give away his position just yet.  The true problem was the ronin bug and its tar spitting ability, it started to shoot around like a madman. The stream would start to come at the center of where lagi used to be, this was as good as a time as any to use the wall of light to block it, cancelling the two abilities  out.

Zygus was on his way as he flew over to where the action of where the banging sound originated and noticed Lagi and Kohai .He hovered low enough to be within 10 meters from kohai and flapped his wings. Zygus flaps his wings intensively to launch a razor-like wind. The wind moves at the speed of 15/m's and the damage inflicts Cuts barely go past the skin and just start to touch tissue and muscle. However, easily knock-back opponents upon impact, sending them 15 meters away. This move also includes the use of collateral damage, sending trees, rocks, etc at the opponent, or crashing them into something while there moving at 15/ m's. If this was to hit, Kohai would have not only experienced the razor wind, but a great deal of collateral damage from being in the forest.

140/250

Abilities used
Spoiler:
Upkeep for  dark metal vessel- 5, upkeep for blindness- 15

Name: Hamon, Wall of Light
Tier: B
Cost: 30 Stamina/ 15 Stamina
Element: Light
Class: Defensive
Range: 30 Meters
Duration: Sustained
Cool-Down: 5 Posts
Description: Lagi can make  box of light that is completely customizable within the max contents of 30 meters of length, width, and height. This Box of light can be created within the span  of 30 meters from where lagi is currently located, and the inside contents of the light  box will be surrounded by a wall of light that has B rank defense capabilities. The creation speed of this box is 20 m/s.  This defensive technique follows the Abilities Vs Abilities tier system, with a slight altercation.

Spoiler:
Equal Tier Vs Equal Tier: The abilities cancel each other out and dissipate.

Tier Vs Tier Lower By 1: The higher-tiered ability automatically destroys the weaker one and goes through, however the damage it deals will be halved. Eg. B-Tier ability collides with C-Tier. B-Tier passes C-Tier and makes it dissipate, however the B-Tier only deals C-Tier damage due to it being weakened.

Tier Vs Tier Lower By 2 Or More: The higher-tiered defensive ability repels the lower-tiered ability completely

Name: Whirlwind Aircutter
Tier: C
Cost: 20 Stamina
Beast Type: Archer
Range: 20 Meters
Duration: 1 Post
Cool-Down: 3 Posts
Description: Zygus flaps his wings intensively to launch a razor-like wind. The wind moves at the speed of 15/m's and the damage inflicts Cuts barely go past the skin and just start to touch tissue and muscle. However, easily knock-back opponents upon impact, sending them 15 meters away. This move also includes the use of collateral damage, sending trees, rocks, etc at the opponent, or crashing them into something while there moving at 15/ m's

OOC Reasoning
Spoiler:
Damage calculation for c rank damage to the left thigh, feeling some extreme pain  on the left shoulder.

Wall of lights cancels out equivalent abilities.... and sticky tar is B so they both cancel and disperse

Zygus was aware of Lagi's position and was following the sound of the whistling, so he was not really far away from lagis position. He takes a second to hover down at 10 m/s and becomes within 10 meters of Kohai from above and flaps his wings.

Lagi's Vault
View user profile
With his last ditch effort thwarted and his eye sight still rendered to little more then a giant white mark burned into the back of his retina, Kohai had no cards left to play. Then the Stygian bird descended through the canopy and bat its wings to attack the Nagi Orai leader he was disorientated and focused on letting his Ronin Bug have a good angle to spray its sticky tar. The man tried to dive out of the way but it was a useless effort as razor sharp winds washed over his body covering him in cuts. The force of the air blast would send Kohai flying into a nearby tree before the impact knocked him unconscious. Kohai fell to the floor and his Ronin Bug passed out as well leaving nothing to stop Lagi from taking the dagger and compass Kohai had held.

But the boy turned King would not find himself unwatched. The rest of the Nagi Orai members appeared from the shadows of the forest and circled Lagi. None dared attack the man who felled their leader, but none dared take their eyes off of him either. They would watch and observe until Lagi took the dagger and compass for himself. Then they would listen. Listen to what Lagi had to say to them. Whether they followed him or abandoned the Nagi Orai would depend on what the beast tamer king had to say.

View user profile

Lagi

Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Lagi finally managed to defeat Kohai; he finally proved to the man that he was no longer a failure.  It was an off chance and pretty sneaky of him to have this hidden blade, but it came in handy. It was true after all; the dark metal vessel was indeed his instrument of his destiny. It was because of the dark metal vessel that the manage to wound Kohai, which inevitably led to his defeat. Zygus landed with a thud right next to Lagi with an intimidating glare, he was protecting his master as Lagi walked over to Kohai. He picked up the compass and dagger; he took a good look at the ronin bug as well. Then he looked back at Kohai and healed him with his Angelic Brace. This might of seen like a strange move for Lagi who thought Kohai to be the enemy, but that assumption was only for people who don’t know what Lagi’s intentions are. He then looked around the rest of the Lagi Orai and made his speech. “I defeated Kohai, your leader….in a fair trial of combat with my own abilities.  This dagger claims me to be next in line for when my father passes away! With my power as a Black King, I will make a new kingdom. A Kingdom of dominance, where all of your lives will be meaningful, where all of you along with the rest of the El Nagi clan will rise with me to be even greater than Reim!  I even healed Kohai, because why waste and kill our own? Don’t you see, my offers are to you…because only you deserve to rise with me….. the clan as a whole! Every last one of you….. Will rise….but only if you join me….. my power is real…. Decide now....or rot away as nothing more than pawns.....”

Lagi's Vault
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum