Woe to the Vanquished [CHAIN/KNUCKLES/SYLVIA]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Job Chain:

Job Name: Woe to the Vanquished I
Job Rank: C
Job Location: Kou
Job Reward: 7k Huang, 100 exp
Job Prerequisites: Xiao, Knux, Sylvia
Job Overview: In the foothills of the Jade Dragon Mountains rumours abound of slavers and war profiteers using slave labour to mine precious metals and sell to both sides. Recently they raided a nearby village and captured many of its denizens. You have discovered that they are soon to be transported to the slavers' hidden mine, intercept the caravan, free the prisoners and discover the mine's location.

Enemies:

Enemy Name: Trafficker
Needed damage to take down: B
Abilities:
The Trafficker may sprint up to 9m/s.
The Trafficker's Caravan is guarded by 3 Guards at all times.
The Trafficker has a mace, which delivers C tier blunt damage when struck.
Baleful Impact: Bringing his mace down with full force, the Trafficker slams the mace into his opponent and deals C tier damage.
Condescending Parry: The Trafficker casually parries away an ability or attack that would deal D tier damage.

Enemy Name: Bandit x2
Needed damage to take down: D
Abilities: The Bandit may sprint up to 9m/s.
The Bandit has a short sword used to deliver D-Tier damage.

Job Name: Woe to the Vanquished II
Job Rank: C
Job Location: Kou
Job Reward: 7k Huang, 100 exp
Chain Reward: 7k Huang, 100 exp
Job Prerequisites: Xiao, Knux, Sylvia, Woe to the Vanquished I is completed
Job Overview: Having raided the slaver caravan you were able to learn the location of their secret mining operation. Raid the mine and free whatever captives remain.

Enemies:
Enemy Name: Slave Warden
Needed damage to take down: C
Abilities:
The Slave Warden sprints up to 9m/s
The Slave Warden has two guards with him at all times.
The Slave Warden uses a heavy cleaver which delivers C-Tier damage.
Deep Impact: Bringing his cleaver down with full force, the Slave Warden cuts into his opponent and deals C tier damage at 15 m/s.
Basic Parry: The Slave Warden uses a basic parry taught in the military, sliding an ability or attack that would deal C-Tier damage away from him/her at 10 m/s.

Enemy Name: Bandit x2
Needed damage to take down: D
Abilities: The Bandit may sprint up to 9m/s.
The Bandit has a short sword used to deliver D-Tier damage.

'I think you're going to like Qing' Xiaohuli started up out of the blue. 'It's right on the river, just a little ways up from the coast, on clear nights you can even hear waves; and there's nothing quite like seeing it from up in the foothills.' Bracing Reclining Dragon over his shoulders he allowed his wrists to hang limply over the staff. Twisting one way then the other he let the ridges of the staff work over the knots forming in the muscles of his back and gave a satisfied sigh, even though he was pretty sure that wasn't what they were for. Good a use as any. He might have considered himself to be a man of the world, fledgling though he remained, after this he had to concede that a man of the road he was not. All this walking was making him ache and he severely regretted the haste that had seen him depart the capital without horses.

At the very least it opened up a couple more routes of travel to them and while he could not be sure that they weren't being tracked from the capital he could be fairly certain anyone trying would be thrown off soon after they had left the Imperial highway. It made the going substantially harder but the scenery was more impressive for the variance of terrain. 'It's a pity we couldn't take the quickest, surest way but you'd be surprised what you can find out here.' As he said so they came upon a fork in the road, or more correctly an intersection between their preferred and more discreet winding mountain path and a more level, wider track which cut deeper into the mountains before doubtless devolving in similar fashion further along the way. Xiaohuli paused, removed the staff from over his shoulders and stooped down to regard the surface closer. The deep grooves in the dirt belied that it was frequently traveled by heavily lade carts, but it was for reasons he was still playing close to his chest that this particular furrow in this particular road interested him.

The Jade Dragon mountains was an easy place in which to get lost and to some unscrupulous kinds the lost were of particular monetary interest once people on the outside stopped looking. Rising, he checked the position of the sun and nodded to himself in assent. 'Ah, I do believe I've walked quite enough for one day,' he sighed, knowing that in actuality and if he were right about where they were he would be needing what energy remained him for what was to come next. Observing that the hills rose around the wider track he doubled back a few feet and with some effort heaved himself up to a wide overlook sizable enough to accommodate the two resting travelers. Or, more like conceal their presence from any who went along the track below, which was his real concern.

Depositing himself on the ground, the young noble crossed his legs and somewhat dejectedly regarded once of his boots, the sole of which had begin to fray away from the item itself. 'Good for ten-thousand li my ass. That's the last time I buy footwear from a wine merchant.' All there was to do now was wait, wait and assume that he hadn't led them astray. One really could be surprised about what they could find in the Jade Dragon mountains.

Stamina: 40/40
Magoi: 160/160
WC: 572
Equipment:

Woe to the Vanquished [CHAIN/KNUCKLES/SYLVIA] Judicer-s-Staff-ffxii
Name: Reclining Dragon
Tier: D
Material: Black lacquered wood shaft, gold fittings with a bronze head and tip and inlaid sapphires either side of the head.
Appearance: One-hundred-and-fifty centimeters from end to end the staff is almost as tall as its bearer. The haft is divided in two by a lipped gold binding above which the staff is ridged but below it is regular and straight. The bronze tip, affixed with a similar  gold fitting, features two broze forks which criss-cross one another thrice before terminating. The head is a fairly weighty decoration with a T shaped center set with a sapphire either face and two wing like protrusions set either side.

View user profile
Knuckles walked besides the man, unlike the noble he was used to such long and vast walks. The man seemed to talk well about the place they were going.  He knew that their destination was around where he had met with Neph for the first time and met with a strange man who smoked a pipe.  Be it as it was Knuckles brought no gear with him today. He was going to use only his magoi moves and his bare strength. He wore white robes with sandals, a typical dressing fashion of Reim and his race. Knuckles would wait along side the noble as he rested, it seemed the pair was done walking for now.
"Must be hard to walk so far. You know I walked from Reim to Kou. This is nothing to that. "  With his smart ass remark out of the way Knuckles wanted to know just where these slavers were and when he was going to get to kill them.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Woe to the Vanquished [CHAIN/KNUCKLES/SYLVIA] D2dcXHF
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum