Nowhere Fast [OPEN]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nowhere Fast [OPEN] Empty Nowhere Fast [OPEN] 12/12/18, 08:23 pm

Xiaohuli Qing

Xiaohuli Qing
D-Tier
D-Tier

In the upper parts of the city, that is those closest to the Palace without actually falling within its grounds, it was not unusual to see idling nobles and their ingrate offspring passing the time with wine and similarly idle conversation. Nobility was an occupation which required constant maintenance, or so such people would have you believe and engaging with ones peers was of paramount importance. It was unusual therefore in such an opulently appointed establishment as the one which Xiaohuli currently found himself to find an idle noble in isolation. He would not normally come to drink so close to the Palace itself as he not only found the gaudiness of such surroundings little to his liking, but also the company to be profoundly lacking. That said it was a friendly place and they knew a little of his background, enough at least to always send him the same server and an unopened bottle. Why be there in the first place if he found it so distasteful though?

One did not attain the world by shying away from it, mores the pity and like it or not the idling nobles and wealthy merchants whom frequented such establishments were the ones who moved the levers of power in the 'world' that the Kou Empire encompassed. Good wine and pretty serving girls, he knew well, tended to make people not only indiscreet but also unobservant. So much so in fact that no one had thus far realized that not only had the Magician's wine not been opened, he'd been reading the same scroll for the past hour and a half. What transcendental insight had he gleaned from this superlative display of patience and resilience against his own vices?

Other than the fact that a fairly prominent Minister of the interior believed that his wife was having an extramarital affair, not all that much. With a clatter and a sigh he laid down the bamboo slip scroll he had been thumbing back and forth through and resigned himself that he would strike upon nothing worthwhile here today. Though he had a vague idea of what he needed to do and where it seemed that grasping hold of the world was not so simple when one had no traction to begin with, opportunities tended to multiply like rabbits sure but when you were completely shut out from the mechanisms of power to begin with it didn't matter how many times you multiplied your odds the answer was always zero.

'Attack the enemy's strategy,' was what his grandfather had always taught him, but when one's strategy was inertia whatever was one supposed to do? He could still see the wide blue sky peeking through the latticework which obscured the otherwise uncovered window and as it cast its shadow over his lounging figure flanked on all sides by overstuffed, too soft throw pillows he could not help but reflect poignantly on the divisions running like shadows through the fabric of the world. That thought, thankfully, did not make his warm wine which had now run too cool to be perfectly palatable any more bitter. Besides its sharp flavor though, his beverage left a question to drip off the end of his tongue.

'All journeys begin with one step, they say, but how do people know which way to start walking?'

Equipment:

2Nowhere Fast [OPEN] Empty Re: Nowhere Fast [OPEN] 17/12/18, 08:40 pm

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

KNUCKLES
It was time to get a bit more familiar with the upper parts of Kou, where the high-class people kept to themselves around the palace area.  It was here where he felt he could find himself some good assassination takers and learn how the upper class in Kou handled themselves. What a better place to do that than here?  He wore a red and black shirt with golden trim with high waist cream-colored pants and a golden chain around his neck.  His hair was of medium length and crimson red showing his fanalis bloodline despite having emerald green hues.   One each hand he wore a white glove which a black magic circle on them, on his right arm a dart gun he called the Silent Dragon.  On his back a Giant yo-yo that was 1 meter tall and 1 meter wide. He stood out safe to say.

He didn't care to really fit in here but he could feel the eyes on his body as they stared and looked him over. He'd give it no attention as it was likely due to how he dressed, his gear, or his slave tattoos covering his body which was a bold red color. Despite the looks, Knuckles would keep to himself and stay on his course getting closer and closer towards the inner parts of the city. After walking for a few hours he found himself to be a tad bit hungry and needing of a drink to quench his thirst.  Seeing a sign up ahead for an establishment Knuckles figured a better place than any.  He didn't mind the cost, of course, this was all to put his face out there and establish a line with someone who brokered contracts.  

Upon entering the establishment he noticed a good-sized crowd, lots of noble folks chitchatting about looking like Scum in his eyes. These were the types who had slaves and hidden them as workers. Arguing they worked for their stay at their mansion and the food they would eat. It made him sick, to be honest, he could slaughter them all whether they had taken part or not.  The Savage of Reim slaying the Nobles of Kou, he could see in now being spread around the country. It would get him the sort of attention he sought here but, he rather keeps it to heroic acts for now.  He needed all information about him that went public to be an image of good and honest, a fighter of the people. Not that he wasn't he wanted to just ensure slavery never would be had either legally or illegally and he'd do that at whatever cost it came at.

Scanning for a seat the male found one at the bar, upon sitting down he noticed eyes on him again.
"May I have a menu please and a glass of water while I see what I wish to order. ".
tags / 170/170 magoi / 410/410 stamina
notes notes?

Stuff on me:

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Nowhere Fast [OPEN] YVYVcOy

3Nowhere Fast [OPEN] Empty Re: Nowhere Fast [OPEN] 19/12/18, 05:40 pm

Xiaohuli Qing

Xiaohuli Qing
D-Tier
D-Tier

The room previously abuzz with the chittering of indolent noblemen petered out quite suddenly at the appearance of one red-haired, rough looking individual. A Fanalis if his hair was anything to go off, perhaps a half-blood. 'Hoh~?' The amused exclamation arose from out of Xiaohuli's throat without him thinking, so strange was the scene playing out in front of him. Transfixed by the arrival of this person so far out of place he sat back and observed for a spell. The man very much had that 'shark on a mountaintop' feeling to his presence there but it wasn't merely the fact that he was a Fanalis of some description but that he was also totally alone by the looks.

It was uncommon to see a foreigner, much less a Fanalis, this close to the Palave unaccompanied. Even those foreigners who had business with the Emperor himself were normally accompanied by an attache of some kind or another. Even merchants usually had local nobles or business partners as intermediaries, but there again if this Fanalis were a merchant he was likely only selling one thing. No, this man didn't seem to be a merchant and Xiaohuli had yet to have heard of an ennobled Fanalis in Kou or anywhere else for that matter. Xiao had no idea whether it was the man's desired effect, perhaps a quaint marketing strategy, but he looked about ready to start lopping heads any minute and those onlookers other than himself looked just about ready to give him a good excuse. That wouldn't do at all.

Having poured himself another drink Xiao rose from where he had been sitting cross-legged and headed for the bar. Taking his drink with him he left his staff behind since approaching with it would send very much the wrong message. As chance would have it he arrived along with the Fanalis man's... cup of water? Why even bother? Knocking back another draught of wine he made no immediate introduction, instead addressing the travellers choice of beverage.

'I wouldn't,' he said with a playful note of caution in his voice, 'The water's bland, but the wine's all fine.' he gestured to the barkeep with his now empty drinking vessel, propping himself up at the bar with his free hand. 'One for my new friend here,' he was assuming a hell of a lot, but he was banking on someone who'd stroll in to a place he so obviously didn't fit would not shy away from being approached. It was possible that he was attempting to make an impression just for that reason, hoping a powerful noble might engage him for to solve some difficult and more importantly costly problems for them. With that in mind and with a beckoning gesture from his free hand Xiao went on. 'Care to remove somewhere everyone's not staring daggers at your back? I've got a table just over there by the window.'

4Nowhere Fast [OPEN] Empty Re: Nowhere Fast [OPEN] 21/12/18, 03:31 pm

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

KNUCKLES

Once the red-haired male had arrived at the bar and his drink had arrived another humanoid had walked up seemingly unaffected by the items on his person or the aura he had waking off of his body.  Hearing their words Knux would grin. "Water is the essence of life, where wine is the essence of men who become too foolish to even know they have been poisoned. "  Looking toward the barkeep as they returned with the wine Knux would chuckle a bit.  Taking the cup he lifted it as he nodded his head. "But a real fool would turn down a potential new friend." The man seemed to not worry about the strange appearance of the fanalis, or perhaps it was the opposite and he sought to understand why an outsider would travel so far into noble lands.  After taking a sip of the wine, he'd swirl it around in his mouth to get a taste for it. Hearing the offer to move to a booth Knux nodded his head as he stood allowing the man to lead to the way. As the pair would move from the bar to the booth Knux would look around allowing his emerald green hues to meet the yes with everyone who had theirs set on him.  

Once they sat at the booth Knuckles removed his yoyo laying it to the right of himself as he sat.  Placing the wine onto the table Knux looked over at the man who was being more than generous to such an outsider. "So, are you a man in need of friends, or are you simply just a curious man?" Perhaps this man would be what he was looking for, a man needing some hired help which would allow Knuckles to gain access to places normally not allowed. Helping him get a mapping of the area and its hidden circles.  
tags / magoi / stamina
notes notes?

5Nowhere Fast [OPEN] Empty Re: Nowhere Fast [OPEN] 22/12/18, 07:26 pm

Xiaohuli Qing

Xiaohuli Qing
D-Tier
D-Tier

Xiaohuli, unable for a moment to control his reaction, narrowed his eyes at the man. When it became clear that there was no implicit threat in his words and that he had just been speaking generally the young noble's expression lightened, he released the breath which had caught in his throat as an amused sigh and was still smiling when he sat down across from the stranger. As a happy coincidence of this proximity he got a better look at the man's weapons and they did indeed seem fierce. As he looked the man over now that they were face-to-face he concluded quickly that his accompaniments were not the kind which one could come across without a certain proficiency in their application. That was for the best.

'Well now...' he began as he refreshed his own drink. 'Let us say that I am a curious man in need of friends and that you seem a friendly enough man that makes me curious.' Though his words may have been circumspect they were at least truthful. There was no real sense in subterfuge or coyness under the circumstance, by the look and attitude of the man he had neither status nor favour with the Kou nobility and so whatever might be revealed in this exchange needn't be feared. Neglecting his wine, he continued to look over the stranger, not even trying to hide the fact he was trying to interrogate the other man's appearnace as though he could arrive at understanding by a physical wayside marker of some kind. In the end though, after several moments of searching, he simply looked the other man eye-to-eye and carried on.

'You must know, even though there's nothing stopping you from walking in here, that you'd only usually come to a place like this if you had the right name, or the right position, or enough Huang in your satchel. Now, you're certainly no noble and you seem to be carrying your wealth in your weapons. Not a bad idea if I don't say so myself. The only reasons I could think for you to even poke your head in a place like this is to find work or to cause trouble.'

'I'd prefer that it weren't the second. To be honest I've been sat listening to these idiots long enough without a drink and if you started something now it'd ruin my wine. As to the first...' It was only here that he again looked to his wine, pickingit back up and downing it in another smooth motion before he carried on.

'Well, we should probably introduce ourselves before that. I have the somewhat dubious honour of being Xiaohuli Qing, though you've almost certainly never heard of me.' It was possible he might be familiar with Xiaofeng Qing or with the Qing name itself whether from the wider family or the place. The latter two were less likely these days, the place was really only famous for the family and his grandfather had always said people were as quick to remember as they were to forget. In just one generation since the implacable general Xiaofeng the Qing name had wanted much for glory or maintenance. 'Then again, if you have I'm sure it's less than flattering.' He did have that reputation as well after all.

6Nowhere Fast [OPEN] Empty Re: Nowhere Fast [OPEN] 23/12/18, 12:48 am

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

KNUCKLES
T
Knuckles could barely understand the puzzle of words spoken to him, though what he did understand is body language and this guy was nervous? Perhaps he had not been this close to a killer before, or perhaps the aura that he carried was weighing on the man. It also could have been the armory that he carried on his person, which reasonably would make anyone worrisome. "Friendly enough if you're not the person I'm tracking down. " It was a baited line, one to allow the presence of the warrior to be seen in full. Something to scare those who still starred a bit.  

The Emerald green eyes of the fanalis watched as the man's own hues scanned the scared and tattooed body. Each scar was a lesson learned as a slave or as a gladiator in Reim's Coliseum, all but one the largest he had over his right side of his chest where a giant centipede claw ripped through his body. A lesson that stuck with him ever since keeping a weapon on you at all times. He thought of asking the man if he was interested in what he saw but he felt the question might not have been taken as indented and so he chose to say nothing at all.  Listening to each word spoken to him the fanalis grinned once the man was finished. "You mean the idiots in here who think that money is the power of the gods? The same ones who sit in here all day and plot and drink on wine until they are too drunk to fuck their wives? He looked over his shoulder scanning the room chuckling as he did so softly."Is that what you mean buy noble? I'm plenty rich and could be richer if I kept myself in Reim. There I am infamous, known by many as a Military man or a savior of the people, even a savage warrior within the arena walls of the Coliseum, to some as the slave who paid his freedom in blood. "  Lifting the cup of wine from the table he rose it up with a smile. "But mostly I'm Knuckles Shi, the Savage of the Coliseum who's left only 2 opponents alive. "

Taking a gulp or more like knocking the rest of the wine back and setting the now empty cup onto the table the Red Lion slide the cup to the edge of the table inches from falling to the ground. "As much as I would enjoy carving my sword through the richest men holding onto the last of their olds lives I am actually here seeking work. And now that we know each other's names Mr. Qing let me start by stating I have no idea of your noble bloodlines of Kou and I don't care to know them. I'm simply here to find someone who needs help in my line of work while I look into some things here. "

Knuckles would lean forward and wait for the man to do as he did. "I know of the drug wars, the missing people, and how the war is destroying everything this country of Kou stood for. I also know these creates a void in power and would be happy to assist someone into that power. For a cost of course. But coin ain't all I'm looking for. I don't work for just anyone, so tell me, Mr. Qing, what sort of man are you? What is it you seek in your heart of hearts, and what are you willing to do to achieve it?"

After speaking his bit the man adjusted his shield on his left arm, carefully adjusting it so he may rest his left arm on the table allowing the scent of blood to reach their noises. While blood could be cleaned from the sight of the leather, it had been covered in it so much that only removing the leather and staining the wood under it would the blood smell really leave it's body.
170 Magoi - 410 Stamina
OOC OOC: WC

7Nowhere Fast [OPEN] Empty Re: Nowhere Fast [OPEN] 24/12/18, 07:34 pm

Xiaohuli Qing

Xiaohuli Qing
D-Tier
D-Tier

Xiaohuli could not help but smile as Knuckles presented his own credentials, he'd heard that the Fanalis in Reim feared neither death nor pain, he had heard likewise that the gladiators of the Coliseum were some of the greatest warriors in the whole world. Whether that was just good publicity it meant that his instincts about this man were not misplaced. Now having the chance to work with such an individual, even if it would still take some doing to finalize, was more than enough to chip away his usual stoicism.

Then, when the shoe was on the other foot and the matter of his own qualities was to be tested he could not help himself again, he closed his eyes softly, chuckled to himself and opening them, offered his reply. 'In all honesty I'm probably as despicable and unworthy as the vast majority of the people here, the only difference is that power and wealth don't particularly interest me in and of themselves. And while I certainly enjoy the allures of beautiful women and fine wine,' he raised his brimming vessel here as if in salute of the man across from him, or merely to illustrate the case in point. 'There is one thing which I desire above all others, the sensation of which I would trade away whatever years remain me as it would likely take at least that long to fully achieve. That is something for me to know and for the world to discern piece by piece from here forward. What I want in the meantime is much simpler.'

'You spoke of the Civil War destroying what this Kou Empire had stood for, but I wonder whether you really understand the implication or the tremendous insight in those words of yours.' Depositing his drink upon the table Xiao held his hand up n front of himself, palms raised alike to a set of scales though really he meant to indicate the world's two major continents. 'Being a veteran of the Colosseum I should imagine that you have spent a significant amount of time in Reim, but just living in an Empire one cannot really appreciate that it may control far more than the land directly ruled within its borders. Here,' he raised his right hand, indicating the East as though he were gesturing over a map, 'as in the West, and here he indicated likewise with his left, as if motioning towards the continent which held Reim.

'Every decision, every transaction, every law, whether it holds sway within the bounds of such an Empire or not, must be meticulously weighed and measured against the Imperial authority's expectation. Any given action or undertaking of a ruler in the East is either conducted with the consent of or as an agitant to the Kou Empire. No one wants to make any overly aggressive moves or even an overture towards one, simply for fear of drawing the Emperor's gaze. Which brings us back to this War...' For the words which were about to lie bitterly on his tongue, Xiao took the precaution of sluicing it with more wine, punctuating the resumption of his winding speech by setting down his cup with a pronounced tap.

'The fact that the Kou Empire is currently shying away from the outside world to deal with its own internal conflicts means that it has shrunk, perhaps not physically, but the scope and vision of the thing itself has declined sharply. Now, if the Kou Empire which is a stabilizing influence for the entire eastern continent were to suddenly contract, what do you suppose might happen then?' The question was clearly rhetorical and so he left no room in his lengthy pontification for Knuckles to be able to answer back.

'To me, the solution to this problem is quite simple: I will enter into the Emperor's service and once this war is over I will lead his army West to establish a new nation in the plains. Once Kou redraws the map any suggestion of its decline as a world power will be made moot. Put simply, I'm going to stop a war running out of all control by starting a war which I can control from its outset.' He paused, placed his elbow on the table, leaned his head in the palm of his hand and looking at Knuckles through narrowed eyes he inquired, 'So then, Knuckles Shi of the Coliseum, does my answer meet with your approval?'

8Nowhere Fast [OPEN] Empty Re: Nowhere Fast [OPEN] 30/12/18, 12:58 pm

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

KNUCKLES
He listened to each word carefully, this time allowing the man to speak freely without jumping in his way. When all was said and done he would star at the man in the eyes for a minute or so just silent.  Standing from his seat he scanned the room.  Knuckles walked over to the door while taking one of the tables and placing it in front of the door blocking anyone else from coming in or exiting.  Sending Magoi into his right glove the magic circle would glow. After the circle came to life a blade made of strong magic would emit from the glove, completely covering his hand.  Taking in a deep breath and scanning the room Knux would roar out hitting the wall within the bar with his Fanalis pitch. The sheer sound was enough to make everyone within the bar cling to their ears in reactions to the noise, maybe some didn't but it was the case most of the time when he roared.  When his mouth closed he'd take a single step his body vanishing to everyone's eyes who didn't have a special trait.  

His body would reappear on the opposite side of the bar from where Mr. Qing and Knux were both sitting moments ago. With the blade ready, Knux would zip and zap taking small but fast steps, his body blurring as he did so. His right arm flowed much easier without the weight of his real sword it and having your arm as a sword wasn't so bad either. Knux would be slicing into every person with such force, B tier damage to their chest and heads. There was scream starting now as the fanalis started painting the walls in blood. Their screams only fueled the man, however, Knuckles had to end this quick before it got too loud.  Bending his wrist down he'd fire a single dart from his dart gun into the head of the bartender. Their head slamming downwards into the bar top before flopping over and down onto the floor.  

Now it was time for the center of the room. With another single step he'd vanish again appearing near his yo-yo picking it up with his left hand gripping it firmly by the handle he'd pivot his left foot back as he swung his arm up making sure Qing wasn't hit.  The yoyo's sheer speed and size allowed it to make a zipping sound as it zoomed through the air. Once it started to spin the blades that were hidden came out they too could be heard slicing through the air giving two different whistles from his weapon.   With a simple drag of his arm, his yo-yo would slice them all up with A tier damage. It would slice them into 3's for the ones it hit.  Tugging back on the handle the yo-yo came back to his hand.

Now there was the left side of the room and clean up. Turning to face the other side of the room Knuckles would once again start slicing off heads and stabbing people in their chest. Some even tried to fight back with their hidden dagger, a guy even managed to stab Knuckles for C tier damage in his back, but the pain seems to only make Knuckles smile, a clear sign that the man wasn't the best off within his mind. He enjoyed fighting so much that this was the only way he was happy at times.   Knuckles would respond to his stabbed with a sharp right elbow dealing A tier Damage to the Mna' face caving it in upon impact.  

Everyone was now dead, everyone besides Xiaohuli Qing, strapping his yo-yo back to his back and allowing the magic blade to fade Knuckles would reload his dart gun as he now stood in front of the man, drenched in other people's blood, and his own.  "This is my response, all of these people stood in your way because you would threaten their way of life. " His emerald hues looked into the Xiaohuli's.  "I will kill any man who stands in your way. I will do this on two conditions, you NEVER and I mean NEVER take any slaves. Second, you will free any slave you run into. "

He walked over to the bar and grabbed a box of wine and walked back to the table. "So where do we start?"
170 Magoi - 390 Stamina -Ammo 4/5

Abilities Used:

9Nowhere Fast [OPEN] Empty Re: Nowhere Fast [OPEN] 02/01/19, 02:11 pm

Xiaohuli Qing

Xiaohuli Qing
D-Tier
D-Tier

At first Xiaohuli seemed to think that the Fanalis had spurned his offer of work, he frowned and was about ready to go back to his wine when he saw in the corner of his eye that Knuckles had braced a table against the door, blocking anyone from entering or leaving. Confusion turned quickly to shock when he saw his new 'friend' conjure what appeared to be some kind of Strength Magic blade from out of his glove. Shock turned quickly to horror at the situation he had placed himself in and even as his eyes widened his hands groped for the haft of his own weapon. They never found it though, as the Fanalis roared out an animalistic shout he was forced to clamp both palms over his ears and even then the effect in a confined space was, he imagined, very much like having a needle thrust through one's eardrum. Over the splitting pain which seemed to rock his vision he saw the wine vessel in front of him roil and rupture, splintered ceramic pinging across the table as it disgorged its contents all at once. Only then, out of sheer instinct was he able to seize  hold of his staff and it seemed not a moment too soon as the blood hungry Fanalis was almost upon him. No, too late, too fast.

But no, the expected blow never came and while the gruesome ballet played itself out he stood agog, only shifting even slightly when a shout of warning caught in his throat. Not unusual considering he didn't know whose side he was even supposed to be on in this fracas. In the end all that he was able to do was stand and stare until the whole thing had been decided in a whirl of blood and blades He sees the enemy in front of him and moves to eradicate them without a second thought, definitely what one would describe as a pure-warrior. But... that speed... and his sheer physical power... if I were to have a man like this then conquering the world... it wouldn't be impossible.

'I knew some of these gentlemen, Knuckles,' he might not have liked any of them sure, but his voice was sad and sadder still when he looked over to the dead bartender now propping up his own bar as it were. 'Wicked waste, that.' Stepping  out from the recess where they had briefly been seated he immediately felt pooling blood soak in to the soles of his shoes, he grimaced lightly at the feeling and grumbled. Staff in hand he faced the Fanalis.

'As you say an unpleasant and self-interested bunch, but hardly a real villain among them I would say...' he looked around, scanning what faces he could twisted as they were in their final anguish and scarred here and there by the Fanalis' frenzied but somehow all too clinical attack. That was when he noticed the identity of the dagger wielding assailant, even distorted by the breaking of his skull in on itself, what remained of his features and the manner of his dress betrayed him. An idea lodged itself in Xiaohuli's mind like a needle. He wouldn't be throwing a brick out to get a jade gem, but a head would do just as well. Now standing over the body of the dead man he continued.

'More importantly, not a one of them in possession of a wit which would ever be able to cause me trouble. Yet now we find ourselves in this fine mess all the same. If I'd known what you were-- no, that doesn't matter now.' He crossed his arms, cradling his staff in the crook of his elbow, closed his eyes with one hand to his forehead and he heaved a heavy sigh. Blocking the door and absconding was all very well and good but now if they were to try to conceal what had happened or how they had been involved the only thing that could happen would be that their complicity was revealed. No, far better instead that they should put it on show and flip the script, instead of murderers who needed to be punished they would be heroes who had executed the wicked. At this this conclusion the young man's bright eyes snapped open. 'Very well then!' He proclaimed to the now largely empty and blood splattered tavern. 'I will accept your support and though it may not be so simple as striking the chains from their bodies, I shall accept your conditions as well.'

Now kneeling where the dagger had fallen he set his staff aside and began his clumsy work. He was not well used to handling a blade and the feeling of blood coursing out over his own hands filled him with such revulsion that it turned his mostly wine-filled stomach. He thought at any moment in his grizzly task he might lose what little was in there, but as he would strive to divest the now dead nobleman of his head he just kept on talking. He was at least good at that, it made him feel in control of what was happening again.

'We have a saying in Kou: “He who succeeds is a hero, he who fails is a rebel.” You understand its meaning? Regardless of the truth in their hearts, now that those hearts have stopped beating you have given me a bar full of dead rebels. Unblock the door, if you would be so kind and we'll start right here and now.' At the final word he pushed down upon the blade with both hands and with a crack which reverberated up his arm and sickened him much more than the rest of the task he pulled the head free by its hair and stood at length, his hand only barely trembling now as it gripped his staff again.

10Nowhere Fast [OPEN] Empty Re: Nowhere Fast [OPEN] 05/01/19, 11:13 am

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

KNUCKLES
"They have seen us meet face to face, they could have pinned you to meet with me today. You must remain hidden, but if you wish to show yourself so soon then so be it." Knuckle sheathed his yo-yo and allowed the strength magic blade to fade from his glove.  Walking over to the table Knuckles would throw it backward with a single hand, an easy feat.  After moving the table from the door Knuckles looked back over to his new business partner. "There's going to be a lot of bloodshed from here on out. I can move us from this place without being seen. Though this is your future, you cast the stones."

Knuckles awaited for the answer, upon getting it Knuckles would open the doors allowing the man to carry out his plan. There was a crowd afloat from the cries and screams of those he had just slaughtered.  Still walking out bloody wouldn't be the best, and so he removed his shirt and wiped the blood from his body then tossed the shirt down to the ground.  Knuckles would allow Xiaohuli go first then walk up behind him. Their voice and question would come to a halt upon viewing the head. The fear slowly started to sink in the scent of blood and death bellowed out of the tavern.  It was to be expected of people of this class, they had no idea the true struggles of life, living in a slave trade or on the street. This was a sight they would have never thought of seeing. These people weren't warrior fighting in Kou's war either they were worried about money and how that gave them power. Money could only do so much, while the strength of a warrior could overpower money.

Staying silent the fanalis would wait to hear the coming speech from his new friend. This was going to be a good test to his power of voice, and leadership prowess.  Knuckles would see how this played out and see if the man did have what it took to gain his help.
170 Magoi - 410 Stamina

11Nowhere Fast [OPEN] Empty Re: Nowhere Fast [OPEN] 06/01/19, 03:13 pm

Xiaohuli Qing

Xiaohuli Qing
D-Tier
D-Tier

'Doubtless the Emperor would not thank us for this occurrence, whether or not he believes my story or not. Thankfully it is not necessary to convince His Highness. Since he is the Emperor his will is not wholly his own, he cannot venture to punish someone who is known to have done him good service, whatever the reality may be.'

With the door now open and the reek of blood and death seeping out in to the streets Xiaohuli made his move, striding confidently and with a measured gait so as to seem perfectly calm, he crossed the threshold in to the open air. He took a deep breath of the clear air only slightly marred with the aroma of slaughter which clung to his skin and clothing, briefly reflecting that when this was done with he'd like nothing more than a nice hot bath. Before that though there was work needed doing and to that end he took another deep breath before announcing the root of this disturbance. 'Hear me! For the crime of sedition against the Empire! For despoiling the lands of Kou! For conspiring with the imposer Gao Yuan Zu against the true Emperor! His Majesty's loyal servant Xiaohuli Qing and the mercenary Knuckles Shi have executed the traitor Chen Qi and his accomplices!'

The word was taken up, at first in whispers passed from one person to another, Xiaohuli repeated the supposed list of charges and pronounced sentence as he strode forth into the crowd which parted before him like water around rock. After the first few rounds of his announcement it was clear enough where he was headed and now as he moved with grim purpose towards the Imperial Palace gates he could hear that his chant had been taken up ahead of them. Soon it would spread through the whole city like wildfire. Excellent.

Before he was able to reach the gates he saw ahead the spear tips of a guard platoon approaching, bulling and elbowing their way through the throng of humanity in order to reach the source of the commotion. Then in the front of the interlopers Xiaohuli spotted the feathered helm of an officer.

At the sight of them amidst the parting crowd, Xiaohuli immediately sank to one knee, planting the severed head down in front of him like an offering. Laying his staff down beside it he greeted the oncoming Guard-Captain with a martial salute, a gesture which while it would be improper for a civilian, for one who had served the Emperor by destroying his enemies was perfectly appropriate whether one was of the regular military or not. When this story was retold and retold it would be, it would be of a patriot who had taken up arms in defense of the nation. 'Sir! This is the head of the traitor Chen Qi, whose insurrection I have suppressed with the help of my comrade in arms here. The enemy were more than a dozen strong, wealthy merchants, nobles and officials; and one bartender who offered them aid.'

'You're that Qing layabout I've heard of. Trying to buy yourself rank and title with this head, hm? Couldn't stir yourself to some honest work?' The Guard-Captain stroked the thin fuzz along his chin, Xiaohuli who had thus far averted his eyes from the man in a faux show of deference lifted his gaze and locked his eyes. The Guard-Captain, perhaps startled, took a half-step back but seemed to rally and embolden at this. 'You make a big show of your modesty, but really you're just trying to advance yourself. You're as sly and opportunistic as your namesake, but I see through you Xiaohuli! You'd even bring this to the very steps of the Palace!? If you weren't a nobleman yourself I'd have you whipped for your impudence!' He wasn't wholly wrong, in reality Xiaohuli had chosen the most well known of all the corpses in the bar, only so that the story was more likely to spread, but the young man of Qing had surmised already that the Captain wished to take the matter in to his own hands, for his own benefit. Just as expected.

'The Captain is most merciful,' Xiaohuli's voice hummed as he bowed his head again, feeling the shadow of the armoured figure fall over him, hearing a wet peeling sound as the drying blood from the stump of his trophy was pulled from the stones of the street.

'Of course I am,' the Guard-Captain replied, sarcasm thick in his voice. 'Leave immediately and cause no further trouble, or else I'll throw the both of you in the dungeon.' Taking this order as his best chance to disentangle himself from this situation, Xiao stood, still with his head bowed. Taking his staff he backed away from the center of the commotion  and finally melded in to the crowd to find Knuckles. He offered the Fanalis a wry smile and tapped his nose at him.

They passed a short walk in silence to where the crowd of onlookers thinned to virtual nonexistence and while one or two people would still regard the dried blood on their clothes and bodies with panicked suspicion none dared approach them for fear of their own lives. 'I would call that a fairly successful day's work,' Xiao said all of a sudden. 'Beguiled by the possibility of advancement the Captain will offer Chen Qi's head to his superior along with his report and if their conclusions run in the face of popular opinion then justice will fall most swiftly on him for letting us be. By that time we'll be beyond the reach of the city guard.' Even if things went their way there was little else to be achieved at the center of power for now, too many prominent men all jockeying for position. The two of them could move about the nation fairly swiftly and rack up more achievements to enhance their prestige and if they went about so freely then their names would spread that much faster as well.

12Nowhere Fast [OPEN] Empty Re: Nowhere Fast [OPEN] 14/01/19, 07:53 pm

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Knuckles would listen to Noble's words, he had a silver tongue. He followed close to the man as they marched up to the palace ground. Knuckles would listen to the conversation that was taking place between the two, and while Qing would bow down Knuckles would stand proudly with his arms crossed. He wasn't lowering his head to anyone or getting on his knees to either. Once things were done Knuckles would wait for his new ally to stand again before leading the way back through the crowd.

"If you say so, I just had fun getting my hands dirty. So what now? Who do you need out the picture or to be dealt with?

Knuckles was only doing this to get his name and face out there amongst the people of Kou so they wouldn't be distrusting towards him later. Even if they didn't trust him that really didn't matter all that mattered was his fame and that grew. Things were going well enough to his standards, now it was just to build on the reputation they both had gained. Qing had turned his slaughter into an act of glory, the two would go as far as needed together. Knux would simply lay down the groundwork and do as he was asked for now. He wasn't just here to get famous and get work, no he was also here to get his foot in the door before returning to Reim. He needed to gather warriors to back him before he returned to Reim and who better than those who had fought Reim not long ago. There was surely warriors who wanted their revenge for their friends and family, those who resented the will of fate and hated the outcome of the war. Perhaps he could use Qing and his agenda to gain enough favors from others they would come in contact to lead an army to Reim's doorstep, but before then he needed to gain as much support from the Unity Corps and their Fanalis corps. It was time Humans got dethroned from power and those they had sought to make their tools and property showed them just how strong they were and make true freedom for all. Sporting Gold armor plates and bands like they had ganged something but were nothing but the Governments lap dogs is how he saw his kind at the moment.

Qing would help him whether he knew it or not but all the traction Knuckles would assist him in gaining would in return be traction for his own motives and movements. With his added power since coming to Kou he had no doubts he could likely take down the leader of the Fanlis corps if it came down to it, though he simply would wish they could work together and ensure the rise of their race together. Whatever the outcome was going to be Knuckles needed to focus on things here before setting anything else up back in Reim.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum