A-Tier
A-Tier
Job details:
Job Name: Mining Problems
Job Rank: B-tier
Job Location: The Jade Dragon Mountains
Job Rewards: 200 EXP & 15,000 Haung
Job Overview:
Due to the growing demand for iron and other ore, both Kouvian armies have begun to reopen closed mines within the mountains to gather more material. But, there has been a problem with mining in one specific tunnel, with miners being attacked by mysterious monsters. In order to help, go in and clear out the monsters so mining can resume somewhat safely.

Enemy Name: Young Mine Guardian x3
Needed damage to take down: C
Description: The Mine Guardian is a strange creature that secretes a sticky substance on the outer part of its body. A young Mine Guardian is known to roll about in the rocks of a mine, collecting such rocks on its body. As time passes, these rocks fuse together through the sticky substance and create a hard shell on the outside of the beast. Depending on the age of the Mine Guardian, it could become difficult to fight. Its fists deal C-tier damage.
Abilities:
Double Smash: The Old Mine Guardian raises its hands in the air, slamming them down one after another in order to impart 2 D-Tier damage on its target, possible 1 C-Tier if both strikes hit the same target.
Rock Throw: The Old Mine Guardian picks up a 5 meter large rock and throws it at an opponent, which imparts C-Tier damage if it hits that opponent.

Enemy Name: Old Mine Guardian
Needed damage to take down: B
Description: An older Mine Guardian, easily told by his hulking body. His fists are the size of the average human head that deal B-tier damage when struck. Due to his size, he is extremely slow, with age weakening the sticky substance holding his body together.
Abilities:
Handclap Slam: The Old Mine Guardian claps his hands together with his opponent between the two hands, imparting B-Tier damage to any opponent who was caught within the clap.
Double Smash: The Old Mine Guardian raises its hands in the air, slamming them down one after another in order to impart 2 C-Tier damage on its target.
Rock Throw: The Old Mine Guardian picks up a 5 meter large rock and throws it at an opponent, which imparts B-Tier damage if it hits that opponent.

Things had been good for Ani as of late if not for anything other than her work towards establishing her raiders as a prominent power. While a large focus had been on sprucing up their fortress in the mountains she and her men had gone about lending their services to the armies of Yoshiro along with those who could afford them. It may not have seemed like it but her contracts had been carefully chosen to provide the most benefits to her ongoing alliances and herself. Through steady work, she lined their coffers with the hopeful bonus of getting their name spread, any publicity was good publicity after all. It wasn't long before a new job opportunity had been brought to her, it seemed her aid in a recent large-scale battle had helped with business. In a mine not too far away from her fortress there had been problems with monsters that seemed to be guarding and assaulting those that may dare enter. The neighborly thing would be to go in there remove every trace of those monsters, for a fee of course.

After all the boring details had been written out and signatures had been placed she had immediately started on preparations for the upcoming task. It wasn't more dangerous then what she had recently fought but Ani would be fighting with her bare hands and feet since she felt that she had been too reliant on her weapons as of late. Packing her lantern and her mask it was the only thing that she needed with her besides her beast of course. It had been a while since she had to do something without a weapon, but she could say she missed the feeling of smashing something in with her own hands. It had her blood pumping and it was the last real job she had planned before a training pilgrimage and the upcoming birth of her child.

Another reason for the rapid work was that Ani knew that she'd have to get as much as possible done in the upcoming weeks since she might not be able to do much after giving birth she wanted to get preparations done while she had the chance. The ambitious woman chose to set out with Hoyo as her only backup, dressed in her standard blue coat and her leather guards it was all that she needed with her magic items.

"So that's it." The words hitting cold and silent air as her eyes caught sight of what was obviously the opening to a mine from the fortifications around the front of it. The sound of crunching and falling rocks could be heard as her massive reptile climbed towards it faster while Ani would begin to survey the surrounding area for anything outside of the mines. The silence answered her question as it brought up more like, did all the miners leave or were they all killed. Regardless she figured that either way there'd be survivors and people who died from the guardians. Shaking her head she gripped her reins and began to think of tactics in her head from what she had heard about them.

"Well, I don't think it'll be that bad, boy." The words fading out as if she didn't really care all too much as she approached the mouth of the mine both her and Hoyo seemingly stopping completely out of caution. Her rosé eyes gazed inside and around her locale just to make sure this hadn't been an ambush from some random rival she had gotten from helping out Yoshiro and his men.

With a nonverbal command, Ani leaned forward just a bit and Hoyo's colossal reptilian body would begin to move, marching forward into the cave time seemed to slow down as she let out a soft breath with one hand rubbing her slightly distended belly before letting out another sigh in relation to her life for the moment as suddenly the light behind her was slowly swallowed up into darkness blinding her for a brief period. Even if her eyes hadn't adjusted slowly like they had Hoyo would've been able to lead them with his electrolocation, though it would be there to assist them should they need it. In the grim setting of the mine Ani began to wonder how long had they left this place empty, surely by now the guardians would have succeeded with they had wanted, but things weren't that clear-cut and off in the deeper parts of the mine Ani could hear the sounds of something bulky moving around like it had just woken up.

As Hoyo looked up with a questioning glance Ani simply chuckled and nodded for him to keep moving forward at his current pace. "I'm sure they won't mind the visitors." She chuckled to alleviate the small amount of stress the eerie environment had provided even if it was anxious she didn't feel fear only the calm before the storm as plans started to run through her mind. As they got closer and the cave got a bit shorter Ani dismounted Hoyo before walking slightly infront of him. This situation reminded her that once again it might be better to get a smaller beast to assist her in places where maneuverability is key. It had been a constant thought but with her life as of lately, she hadn't the time to breed or tame a new beast when she instead had to focus on improving herself constantly. Her thoughts were soon broken by the addition of constant sounds of rocks rolling across the hard ground beneath them.

In that brief moment, she suddenly would move slower as she began to carefully scan around the area of mine that they were in she started to look out for anything suspicious. It was quiet even quieter than it was on the way to the mine and it made the air feel stagnant as she stood there silently in worry as there had been no sign of them yet. "Where the hell are they hidi—"

Her words were caught off as she suddenly saw something flying at them out of the corner of her eye and she would suddenly duck down and roll to the side as one of the three guardians had ambushed her with a Rock throw.  Lapiz locks swayed in the air as she settled down her hair had grown recently, her soft hair sitting just above her shoulder messily as she recovered from the surprise attack. "It's a little rude to sneak up without introducing yourself." She said chuckling as she stood up once again while taking note of the younger guardians and the older one that was slowly making its way towards them.

Goading them closer she had an easy solution as she suddenly slammed her foot down, using her thunderfoot to send a shockwave and destroy them with the force. Her feet began to move before her mind as she was already pushing off the ground with her feet to jump over his handclap slam before front flipping. In her head she knew the only reason she had the adrenaline to dodge that was because she was worried about her child, but soon enough her mind went blank once again as she brought down her left foot on the guardian's head before bringing her elbow down soon after to follow up with a finishing blow.

The fight had only lasted seconds, like how Ani preferred it but she couldn't help but stand there for a moment in the silence as she stared at the remains of the enemies she had broken before snapping to her senses and moving to see if that truly was all that there was to fight. After a few minutes, she had found that it was just as dead in there as the mining business was there and would start cleaning up to bring back her proof. "I'm sorry that you didn't get to do anything this time but it would've been bad if the mine had collapsed."

After Ani had left the mountain she reported back the soldiers and the man spearheading mining operations in that region to inform them they could resume once again, but not before ensuring safe passage of her men and caravans through their jurisdiction after all it was policy to squeeze out a benefit for her own people at the end of the job. In the end, she didn't really care if more monsters would show up in the mine but if they did she knew that least she would be able to make some more money for herself by getting rid of them once again. Though now that her job had been finished Ani would gather up the money and her own personal supplies before informing her men that she would be departing for a few days like they had expected but no one had expected her decision to leave Hoyo behind at the fortress while she would be away.

WC: 1,502/1,500
Stamina: 315/335
Magoi: 200/200

Items brought:
Sonic mask:

Name: Mask of Whispers
Tier: C
Type: Magic Tool
Appearance: A metal mask with intricate markings that is 12cm in height and width, the magic circle is on the forehead.
Function:

• Faux Whispers - Feeding magoi into the mask causes green rukh to gather around the user's throat briefly. The user then gains full control over all aspects of their voice within a 10m radius of themselves. They can mimic the voice of others perfectly, make their voice sound loud in the ears of all within range, or whisper into the ears of a target within the range. 10 Magoi to activate | 5 Magoi to sustain.

Wayfarer's lantern:

Name: Wayfarer's Lantern
Tier: B
Type: Magic Tool
Magic Type: Living Flame Magic [Life+Heat]
Appearance: A lantern that is 25cm in height and 12 centimeters at it's widest and 2cm at it's smallest. The magic circle is located on the top of the lantern.
Function:

• Friendly Flame - Feeding magoi into the lantern creates a small flame ball .25 meters in size that can travel within 20 meters of the user and gives off a light in a 5 meter area and also dealing b-tier burning damage to anything it comes in contact with.  10 Magoi to activate | 5 magoi to sustain.

Hoyo:

Name: Hoyo
Tier: B-tier
Type: Normal
Species:Lagiacrus
Appearance: Hoyo is 10 meters in size from head to toe. He is covered in white scales with blue tints on the edges of them. Hoyo has spikes on his back, and around the neck space right before his head that are blue tinted at the top. He has a fin like structure on the back of his tail that helps with swimming. His eyes are a bright red that glow in dark spaces, but only faintly. In-between the spikes on his back there is enough space that a person could sit on for riding purposes. His underbelly is a color mixture of brown, and gray.
Beast Traits:

Trait Name: Salve Saliva
Trait Tier: B
Trait Requirement: Lagiacrus
Trait Description: Lagiacrus' have bacteria in their saliva that when applied to wounds of all kinds speeds up the healing process
Trait Effect: Saliva can be used to heal wounds up to b-tier damage easily

Trait Name: Reptilian reflexes
Trait Tier: B
Trait Description: Despite the reptiles large size it has quick and powerful muscles which allow it to react quickly and move at faster speeds that one might expect
Trait Effect: Allows Hoyo to move and react the speed of a b-tier fanalis

Trait Name: Fulgrus crystals
Trait Tier: C
Trait Description: Throughout Hoyo's blood and tissue are tiny organic crystals which allow the beast to conduct and control electicity throughout his body. The spikes on his back are made purely of these crystals
Trait Effect: Allows Hoyo to control and manipulate lightning to enhance physical attacks or fire as a projectile.

Trait Name: Electroception
Trait Tier: C
Trait Description: Using a special part of his brain Hoyo is able to sense all living things from the natural electric current that exists inside of them
Trait Effect: Allows Hoyo to detect life

Ability used:

Thunderfoot
Tier: C-tier
Class: Warrior
Type: Offensive
Range: Medium
Requirements/Drawbacks:Ani must lift her knee up  to her waist
Scaling: Damage
Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 2
Cost: 20/ 10 to sustain
Description:

Ani slams her foot into the ground creating a shockwave  starting from .3 meters  around her  that is 5 meters in diameter that deals C-tier damage to anyone within the range.B-tie

──────────────────────────────────────────────

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum