You are not connected. Please login or register

Fate x Chains[Plotl]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Fate x Chains[Plotl] on 01/08/18, 08:08 pm

Zafar

β-Tier
β-Tier
The sound of cards being shuffled repeated rhythmically throughout a dimly lit room. A touch of moonlight poured in from the window as it was a clear sky on a full moon, but there was also a candle lit on a small table. Across the room sat Zafar, resting on the bed with his back against the wall and his legs kicked up.

The clown had lost his signature smile and instead wore a solemn expression as he stared at the flickering flame across the room with one eye closed. Were one to be seated at the table and glance in Zafar's direction they would find a yellow eye gleaming out from the darkness with a heavy gaze.

The man had been like this all day, only setting the deck of cards down for a moment to set up the candle before resuming the ritualistic shuffling. Now, as the moon reached its zenith, the candle was just burning out. Ssss...The flame fizzled and its light vanished in an instant leaving only the dull bluish hue of scattered moonlight. The shuffling stopped.

Zafar slowly reached down to his leg and stroked the back of his calf. The injury was the worst Zafar had yet to receive at the coliseum, but since the other guy had his stomach opened up and the match was called off, some might say that the bout ended with no clear winner. But for Zafar it was a very different scenario. His profession made it natural for him to use magic tools, but he treated them as a means to an end as an assassin. Even though he had acquired powerful tools that have allowed him to fight both magicians, imuchakk, and fanalis, at the end of the day Zafar himself was simply a human.

Humanity had its strengths, but to a self centered killer its value couldn't compare to the powerful bloodlines of fanalis and imuchakk. Though he could admit to being envious of them, magicians filled Zafar with disdain and spite. Between jealousy and hatred Zafar leaned more the latter, but the former did indeed hold root in the man's heart. The recent match against a fanalis made the weakness of Zafar's humanity seem like a limitation. Limitations were the last thing Zafar wanted for himself as that restricted his most valued "possession", freedom over himself and his own life.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Character Vault
Let's play a game of chance, shall we?
View user profile

2 Re: Fate x Chains[Plotl] on 03/08/18, 06:12 pm

Zafar

β-Tier
β-Tier
Looking down at the deck in his hand, Zafar weighed it like it were the burdens and fetters that stifled him. After shuffling his everything into the deck it was finally the right time to consult fate. Carefully and without pause or hesitation, the clown slowly drew the top card of the deck and turned it to catch some of the moonlight in order to see the result. The Jack of Hearts. The result baffled Zafar but the assassin wasn't left with much time to ponder.

*tap-tap*

In the dead of night two dull sounds were head in quick succession. Zafar's eyebrow twitched as he lifted his eyes from his card and began to watch the window. After a moment of waiting another series of taps sounded and shortly after the ray of moonlight shining into the room was obstructed. A smirk danced across the clownish killers lips as he casually returned the card to the deck and rested his fingers as though he were ready to deal a card. The assassins breathing became low and quiet as he tried to eliminate his presence in preparation for an intrusion.

Sure enough the ceiling was suddenly smashed through in two places suddenly. Across the room from Zafar debris fell to the floor making way for a short hunched over figure wearing a black hooded robe. The figure was holding a spear in one hand, a net in the other, and seemed have a humped back. But they merely waited and watched as the other intruder was intended to deliver capture through a method of overwhelming force. Above Zafar was where a tall bulky man with a scar around his neck likewise descending through a clutter of debris. The ambusher's muscles were rippling like waves as he drove a large stone pillar downwards intending to smash Zafar beneath it.

These men knew the lay out of the room perfectly and it seemed like they had been waiting for Zafar to sleep as they waited until after the candlelight had gone out to make their approach. Unfortunately for them, they did not know Zafar.  Instead of being directly above Zafar, the large man aimed for where his chest would have been were he laying in the bed normally. Just to the side of the falling debris sat the smiling assassin as he began to casually shed blood. With two practiced flicked of his wrist two metal playing cards were sent flying. The first one arced upwards and the the side on a curved trajectory as it spun directly into the large man's neck. The second card shot out like a flash of light as it crossed the small room and bit deep into the haunched man's shoulder causing him to squeal in pain.

Blood sprayed as the large man's muscles stopped rippling and his body became lanky as he collapsed against the pillar he was holding as it crashed into the bed before falling over on top of him. Zafar was shifted around and disturbed a bit, but through it all his feet remained kicked up and he even used the pillar as an arm rest maintaining his casual demeanor. The haunched man had dropped his spear and was now clutching his wound with pressure while keeping the net in hand. "Tch...Bubango, screwed it up." said the haunched man before his hood fell away to reveal a disfigured face and a similar horizontal scar around his neck. "Shyaaaa!" The humpbacked man hissed as he started to run towards Zafar and swung the net along with splatters of blood.

*swosh, splat*

Another card flashed through the dark room and embedded itself horizontally between the man's kneecap and his shin. A miserable shriek was let out as the man collapsed to the floor and crumpled up in pain. A pause ensued where nothing really happened beyond that other than constant whimpering from the assailant turned victim. Zafar sighed lightly and then called out with a calm but loud voice.

"Is it alright for you to be standing out there watching as your slaves bleed to death? They both look like body manipulators so I'm sure you paid a pretty penny for them. Wouldn't it be a poor end to your investment to let them die here?"

Zafar's words were not out of pity for the ambushers, their lives meant nothing to him. But Zafar disliked the practice of slavery from his core due to his intimate desire for his own personal freedom. So he reveled in the chance to mock someone that owned and relied upon slaves. The scars on the necks of Zafar's attackers was a dead give away that they had once been enslaved. Though slavery had been outlawed in Reim, there were more ways to chain a person than with collars and leashes. Zafar did not find it odd to assume that the men were still living in slavery even now in Reim's capital, Remano.

Character Vault
View user profile

3 Re: Fate x Chains[Plotl] on 05/08/18, 03:45 pm

Zafar

β-Tier
β-Tier
The window was burst open by a sudden powerful gust and glass shards scattered into the room. A young man in a feathered hat and bright red clothes led the way as a balding middle aged fatso stepped into the room off of a flying carpet which was being tended by servants outside. "Tch, useless whelp. What did I buy you for!?" Before even looking at Zafar, the balding man turned his attention towards the curled up hunch back and began kicking him to vent some anger. The clownish killer would have liked to have killed the old bastard, but the young man between them didn't let his eyes off Zafar for an instant. There was a weathered oak wand in his hands and he was obviously a magician.

"Hooh~ You don't seem to treasure your goods at all. For what reason did you waste them trying to capture me tonight?~"

Already planning an escape, Zafar mocked the man and then tried to pry some information out of him. The killers words made the balding man snort as he gave the hunch back one last kick. "That's where you're wrong. I'm here precisely because I value every penny I own. You took quite a bit from me. I'm only here to seek proper compensation!" There was a self serving attitude in the man's smug tone as he grinned and turned to face Zafar. "Several years ago, you freed a fanalis slave that worked at a brothel. He killed the mistress of that establishment and fled after being visited by someone of your description. As he fled the scene, you murdered the guards there and delayed them before disappearing yourself."

As the corrupt poor excuse for a person narrated one of Zafar's exploits a queer grin arose across the killers lips. The Jack of Hearts. It all made sense now, that was the card he'd drawn when evaluating that young fanalis slave. Liber Aurelius, one the few names Zafar committed to memory as well as the only one spared from Zafar's blade from the organization that raised him. "Well done, you've caught me. I indeed remember helping that boy escape, but what does that have to do? Did you own that brothel?" Zafar inquired further as his curiosity deepened.

The man smiled smugly and said, "I wasn't then, at the time it belonged to my wife....the mistress. Not that I loved the woman, but now she's dead everything that was hers belongs to me. That included the slave you freed. I already tracked his corpse down but it seems he died a pitiful death." Those words made Zafar's expression turn sour as his eyes began to emit killing intent that caused the young magician to raise his wand as if expecting a sudden strike. That movement checked Zafar's rage and he calmed himself before allowing a smile to return to his face. "So since the slave is dead, the next best thing is to enslave his savior. What a shrewd businessman you are...." Zafar had probed enough, it was time to escape.

The assassin suddenly pushed off the bed and pillar and prepared to leap away but before he could the balding man shouted, "Get up and do your job or no more fresh meat!" The tall body manipulator laying beneath the pillar suddenly opened his eyes. With a roar his muscles rippled and the pillar was swung upwards. Zafar wasn't really hurt but it knocked him into the air where he was unable to move freely. The hunch backed man then opened his mouth and a long frog-like tongue picked up the net he'd been holding on to before wrapping it around the red haired human. It all happened in what seemed like an instant. Zafar tried to reach for his magic tools but he found himself unable to move, bound by a strange distortion in the air, courtesy of the magician.

Zafar landed on the ground entangled and dumbfounded. "That's better...oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Aponitus Aventti, a renowned merchant and also...your new owner starting from today!"

Character Vault
View user profile

4 Stolen x Eastward[Travel] on 12/08/18, 01:09 pm

Zafar

β-Tier
β-Tier
The net that bound Zafar wasn't simple twine or rope, it was a metal wire and a magic tool to boot. Once snared it closed around the target making escape impossible for most individuals. Although Zafar did have some extraordinary techniques and methods at his disposal, he could not turn to water or shrink himself through the net holes so there was nothing he could do other than to accept his capture. While the sky was still night, Aponitus and his group shadowed Zafar to the coliseum where staff were paid to look the other way as the assassin was tossed into cells still around from when slaves where kept legally. The assassin was forced to perform on final fight and while he could choose his opponent the men who captured him made it clear he was to let himself be injured.

After the Final Bout Zafar's beaten and bloody body was shadowed away out of the capital hidden in a merchant caravan. They kept the assassin drugged and unable to think for most of the journey. By the time he regained some form of consciousness there was salt in the air.

A private dock tethering a large merchant vessel awaited Zafar as Aponitus arranged for his slaves to load cargo and goods. Though none of the workers had collars and they were dressed well, there wasn't one among them who didn't have or hide scars round their necks and their level of obedience was unnatural for free men. Zafar was deemed too dangerous to be released from the magic net to be used as labor so he could only watch the poor slaves as he was carried onto the ship and ultimately shackled to the wall of a prison-like room located below deck. Wrists and ankles in chains, Zafar was left alone in the dark. There were magic tools and weapons still hidden on Zafar's body, but using them to mount an escape at the moment would mean fighting his way out.

Hunger, cramped muscles, a lingering feeling of fatigue and irritation as the last of the drugs wore off and minor withdrawal set in. When taking measure of his condition, Zafar decided that it was better to wait for a more opportune moment. Since they finally gave him some privacy and a chance to think clear headed, Zafar smiled bitterly to himself and accepted it.

"Is this my fate? To have my freedom pinned down by others? I'll play along for now, but I've defied that fate time and time again. Sooner or later, the fates will slip up, and when they do I'll drag them down to pull myself up out of this mess."

The clown steeled his resolve to show discipline and patience as the ship set sail for ports close to magnostadt. His body would heal and they would eventually feed him. As long as he behaves like a model prisoner and an obedient slave, the men here would eventually let their guards down at a critical moment. Then he would make his move and make everyone involved in his capture regret it.

[Exit]

Travel Reim -> Magno: 501/400

Character Vault
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum