You are not connected. Please login or register

Aharon Trains for the Iktyar [Training|Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Aharon

D-Tier
D-Tier

Aharon had been hard at work, trying to have a breakthrough with his magic.  Working with the Essence of Dawn every evening he managed to get used to the sensation of releasing his Magoi for a purpose. Now it was time to start seeing some results however as the 3rd Kodor Iktyar examination was due to be held in exactly thirty days. He still was not able to call upon the Rukh for anything specific without a magical tool, and that needed to change. What the purple haired magician needed at this point was a trainer. Someone who would be hard on him no matter what, and push him to succeed. He knew just the person, and that fact truly scared him. After classes on the day of the Exam's announcement Aharon made his way to work to ask his boss for a favor.

"Dorothy! You here?" Aharon called out to a seemingly empty library. The sun was soon to set, and students had long since made their way back to the dorms. It was unusual for the Librarian to not still be at her desk at this time however. She often worked long into the night.  Aharon walked around for a bit searching the stacks for any sign of his employer. Everything was eerily quiet, and as no one had lit any lanterns it was getting quite dark.  Aharon was beginning to get a bit nervous.

"Gotcha!" A shrill voice rang out, and there was an intense flash of light. A blinding white ray manifested from the dark comer of the room and shot straight for Aharon. He felt the Rukh tense up within him and begin it's transformation into the borg. The orb of force that had protected him against the rats just a few weeks before encapsulated him once again, and just as before shattered as the attack against him slammed against it. As the borg shattered, and dissolved the voice called out again. "Who is there? I'll fire another one into you!" It was unmistakably Dorothy.

"It's me Mamn, Aharon! What are you doing over there lurking in the dark?" Aharon replied hoping that she wouldn't cast another spell in his direction. With the Borg broken he knew he needed time before it would manifest again.

"Oh Aharon dear, I'm sorry. I lost my glasses, and I couldn't tell who you were. Can you help me find them sweetheart?" Dorothy replied stepping forward into view. The impish old woman looked quite dreadful. Tears were streaming down her face, and she hunched over holding on to shelves as she walked. In right hand she held on to her wand with a shaking grip. Aharon quickly stepped forward, and put his arm around the aging librarian to stabilize her. He gently lead her to the Circulation desk, and sat her down.

"So whats got you so shook up? I've never seen you this upset. Not even when your daughter was sick." Aharon inquired as he grabbed a candle out of the cabinet behind the desk. He placed on the desk in front of Dorothy, and set to work lighting all of the wall lanterns. Aharon was  genuinely worried about the librarian, and eagerly wanted to make her feel better. The sooner all the lights were on the sooner he could find her glasses.

"I just got spooked is all dear. So what brings you here this evening? I don't recall asking you to come in today. I know with the big exam coming up and all you should probably be in your room studying." Dorothy responded as she wiped the tears from her face. By this time the lanterns were lit, and Aharon easily found her glasses. He waited until he had returned them to speak.

"Well I actually had a bit of a favor to ask of you Mamn. I'm really struggling, and I don't want to fail this examination. I heard rumors that if you don't pass the Iktyar that they throw you out of the academy, and Magnostadt. Is that true? In either case I need your help. I need a tutor. A trainer. Someone to push me harder than I could ever push myself. I was wondering if you would be that person."

Dorothy placed her glasses on her wrinkled face, and gave Aharon a wide wicked grin. Somehow her puffy red eyes made the expression just that much creepier to him. He shivered a bit, and froze completely when she answered.

"I'll help you out if that is what you really want, but we will need to take this outside of the school if you want to really be pushed. The rest of the staff might not understand if I were to injure you. If you are serious meet me at Anne's farm at the end of the day tomorrow, and bring clothes. You'll be staying for a while." Dorothy thought she might just leave the statement at that, but seeing Aharon's wide eyed expression she thought it best to offer him a way out. "Now before I submit the paperwork to authorize this field training, are you certain you want to do this.?"

Aharon wrapped both arms around the tiny old woman, and squeezed her in a tight bear hug.

"Oh I'm sure. For the next month I'm yours to beat into the mud. I just know I'm going to regret saying that." Aharon jested. By the look on Dorothy's face he could not be more right.

Word Count: 915/500

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Important Pages

XP Rewards Pages
C-Tier
A-Tier
Dancing~
View user profile

Aharon

D-Tier
D-Tier

Day One: Succeed or Starve

When Aharon set out that morning for Dorothy's daughter's farm he expected perhaps a vigorous study session coupled with intermittent breaks brought on by excitable children. Instead the purple haired magician found out pretty quickly that Anne had taken her kids on a vacation for the next month so that Dorothy could have the house and property to train him. This meant two very important things for Aharon. One: He would have to take over all of the farm chores while he was there as payment for Dorothy's assistance, and Two: There was nobody around to care if the wicked little librarian decided to blow him up. His only comforting thought was that the constant stress might actually force him to perform. After getting settled, and storing his things Aharon met Dorothy in a bare field to the south of the farm.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Dorothy said in an impatient tone. "Surely you know at least one spell." The tiny angry woman crossed her arms, and spit on the ground at Aharon's feet. If he didn't know any better he would have thought that Dorothy had done this type of thing before. Professionally. For the military. In either even it didn't much matter what her experience was at this point. She could weave the magoi within her body into wondrous magic. Aharon swallowed hard, afraid to answer the question.

"I know one, and I can't even get it to work. The Rukh gave me some words to use when the shop was busy one day. Yad Allah, a levitation spell of some sort. It allowed me to stock all of the shelves in an eighth of the time it would have taken me otherwise. At any rate what is the use in me knowing the incantation if I can't manage to command the Rukh to fuel the spell?" Aharon inquired. Dorothy gave a somewhat violent snort of laughter, and her gaze softened. It was obvious she was beginning to feel sorry for the boy, but in an effort to help him to the best of her ability Dorothy tensed up again staring Aharon dead in his eyes.

"A spineless boy with an affinity for strength type Rukh" She said in a disapproving manner shaking her head side to side. "Tell me when you give commands to the Rukh how do you do it? What is your exact mental process when trying to cast that spell?"

"Well you know when religious people pray?" Aharon began. "I ask the Rukh to aid, and guide me like that. I politely direct the Rukh to my goal. Why do you ask?" Aharon wondered how important this question could be. His mother had always told him that to a magician, the Rukh were like trusted allies and friends.

"When performing magic one must think about the type of magic, and give proper instruction through emotional context combined with clear thought. Strength type magic requires an iron will; one strong enough to bend pure kinetic force. The Rukh is a dear part of you to be sure, but as a Magician you must command it with absolute conviction. You must act without doubt. Your problem Aharon is you are scared of your own shadow. You are afraid to tell the Rukh how you want the magoi to be used. Without that firm, direct, and clear input you will never master any magic. Not even your Borg." Dorothy produced a roughly 15cm in diameter river rock from behind her, and set it about 1m away from Aharon. "I don't care how long it takes. You will sit here, and try to levitate this stone. You will not eat, or sleep until it is done. Do you understand?"

Aharon nodded, and Dorothy left him to his work.

Word Count: 1547/500

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Important Pages

XP Rewards Pages
C-Tier
A-Tier
Dancing~
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum