──────────────────────────────────────────────

Forum CB Sig10

Spoiler:

2Forum CB Empty Re: Forum CB 29/06/18, 04:05 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Before you start to say your peace, let me tell you my decision. It was between No or an extended discussion, and this is why.

When discord first started to put out it's head, I was against the decision to move to discord because we would be diverting site traffic. My philosophy is that if the site had a chatbox, people would be on the site to talk.  Being on the site, you would feel more prompted to maybe want to do something, it's encouraging when everything is in one place.

Fast-forward a few years later, my views have changed. We have been so long without a chatbox that we can't narrow down our traffic to the chatbox being there anymore. And that was my only reason to say no, so I no longer have a reason to say no to discord. On top of that, Discord is convenient, can be downloaded on cellphones, real-time communications and calls to maybe a player you became friends with.

Discord is free, I'm assuming from the small arguments that the chatbox will cost some paper. It's not a worthwhile investment for the sake of the site anymore. We lost that battle as soon as Neo created the Magi world server for discord.

Forum CB CrChE3t

Forum CB LBbFjDO

Lagi's Vault

3Forum CB Empty Re: Forum CB 29/06/18, 09:09 am

Mikazuki Tenma

Mikazuki Tenma
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I do feel the same with Lagi
I was against the Discord server the most back then, but imma quote what Lagi said: We lost that battle as soon as Neo created the Magi world server for discord.
Dont get me wrong, i love the cbox, i really do and when it got taken out i feel a part of my world shattered since that was where i can express myself and had fun with some members. But yeah...

~Noir~

Forum CB XNsy1xt

4Forum CB Empty Re: Forum CB 29/06/18, 01:11 pm

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The chatbox was trash. No notifications, no records, no tagging, limited emotes.

As soon as people took a five minute break from chatting, it was almost impossible to revive a conversation. You wouldn't be able see when someone made a conversation.  It was near impossible to have two conversations going on at any time. The CB was so dead empty so frequently, it made us look even more inactive than we already were. The chat would go down more frequently than discord.

Now people can see the conversations others are having, we get notified when someone joins, we can greet them. We can make staff notificatuons faster and see how long people have been waiting. People can maintain and continue conversations over the span of days.

Nostalgia is powerful, but can you imagine being on the CB when the issue with Diana was going on? Don't be a landline in the world of cell phones.

Forum CB ZuxZMnk

5Forum CB Empty Re: Forum CB 29/06/18, 04:49 pm

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

The chatbox was better than the discord for the forum. After the discord was made the community didn't exactly get stronger, nor did staff get more efficient. I personally feel the community got MORE toxic and the amount of lurking vs posting increased. As for staff efficiency, we had a thread for notifications that was just as effective as the discord channel. The only emotes that matter, onion head emotes, don't work properly on the discord. The chatbox lacked the features of Discord, but a chat box isn't supposed to be a full messenger service. It's a place for people who are on the site to talk about the site and general stuff. Discord is that and more. It's got places to talk about gaming and anime and music, and an 18+ section. Personally, I really don't like my forum experience being tied to a messenger service.

Conclusion? Discord is equally trash depending on the perspective of the user. That said, there is no point in bringing the C-box back if we keep the discord. Pandora's box was opened and unless you can pass a poll to close the discord server, the C-box will just be crippled. But I don't think such a poll would go through, nor would it truly be possible to stop anyone from just making a new one like Neo did, which killed the cb the first time around. Unfortunately, I can't support bringing it back.

6Forum CB Empty Re: Forum CB 30/06/18, 09:02 pm

Ja'Ro

Ja'Ro
D-Tier
D-Tier

There may be some people who don't like discord or aren't familiar with it out there. The chatbox is for them. Besides it wasn't meant for mobile. That's the point.

Forum CB Sig10

Spoiler:

7Forum CB Empty Re: Forum CB 30/06/18, 09:04 pm

Ja'Ro

Ja'Ro
D-Tier
D-Tier

Don't get to focused on your own opinion on how people feel comfortable or like to communicate.

Forum CB Sig10

Spoiler:

8Forum CB Empty Re: Forum CB 01/07/18, 05:04 am

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Pardon my intrusion upon this discussion, I am not here to contribute to one side or the other, but to just inform both that the views and opinions of all people should matter with this topic. In that same vein, if one submits an opinion - it is best to assume that there are others who share that opinion. And if that opinion is then reiterated multiple times over, that opinion must also be shared by a percentage of the member base. As such, I hope that you respect each others’ opinions, as they seem to each have some merit, and I implore you to keep the level of rivalry and insult to a minimum. I am not saying that this thread has become toxic at this point, however, in light of recent and multiple cases of such topics leading to regrettable behaviour, keep this thread civil with no insulting attacks. Again, I am sorry to message you all with a message which is currently irrelevant, and I hope that you can all come to a form of agreement and mutual understanding.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum